[POLL] Best Gran Turismo Cover?

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 82 comments

Which Gran Turismo cover is your favourite?

• Gran Turismo

Votes: 41 10.6%
  • Gran Turismo 2

Votes: 24 6.2%
  • Gran Turismo 3

Votes: 46 11.9%
  • Gran Turismo 4

Votes: 145 37.4%
  • Gran Turismo 5

Votes: 62 16.0%
  • Gran Turismo 6

Votes: 70 18.0%

• Total voters
Favorites (From best to least best):
GT3 PAL... this is definitely my favorite. So sexy.
GT6 Standard, second. Cool and stylish, but doesn't come close the the GT3 PAL cover.
GT4 is nice and minimalistic. Not much to it, but I like that about it.

Least Favorite (From worst to least worst):
GT3 NTSC... eww. Once again, the US gets an extremely overdone "AWESOME!!!" cover that's actually a thousand times lamer than the amazing PAL cover.
GT2 NTSC. The art's not bad, although it's not really my cup of tea... but that GT logo makes it look like it's a crappy fanmade cover. Not good.
GT6 15th Anniversary. Not terrible, but doesn't do anything for me whatsoever. The text and logo placement looks weird to me, and the 15th anniversary livery is pretty uninspired.

:P

Last edited:
Voted for GT3 NTSC, I liked how the logo was part of the car. (Though, which car was it?)
Also kind of unrelated, but it looks like GT6 regular cover is a throwback at the PAL GT3 one. :D

Guys, im pretty sure the GT6 cover art is not the confirmed design, so i wouldnt count it in just yet. if it is confirmed, sorry, my bad!

Guys, im pretty sure the GT6 cover art is not the confirmed design, so i wouldnt count it in just yet. if it is confirmed, sorry, my bad!

It is the official box art.

By the way, the GT2 NTSC box art is my favorite, pretty much for the same reasons ShiftingGears mentioned. It actually feels like what I'm about to play is a racing game.

GT2 NTSC. It has a very moody feel to it, which is suitable for the artwork as GT2 itself has a moody feel.

It's the GT5 2013 Edition for me, the one with the DLC GT Academy GT-R.

You means GT5 Academy edition from 2012 with the N24 GT Academy GT-R around the box art?

Oh I don't need to look around GT series box arts because I want to play more than look at box arts.

Last edited:
omgsean1
You means GT5 Academy edition from 2012 with the N24 GT Academy GT-R around the box art?

Oh I don't need to look around GT series box arts because I want to play more than look at box arts.

Like I said, it's GT5 2013 Edition with the DLC GT-R, which in you are correct.

And that's the topic in this thread. Was just sharing my opinion about it.

Like I said, it's GT5 2013 Edition with the DLC GT-R, which in you are correct.

And that's the topic in this thread. Was just sharing my opinion about it.

Yup, I should not pick GT series art boxes because I don't need to look them while I play GT5 or GT6 when out later Dec 6 this year. Oh, I don't mind about them if I want to take look at them like steelbooks or other good design cases.

Sorry for my English since I was leaked to grammar skill for accuracy.

Voted GT4, but after seeing the one below, I would've chosen that one.

Spec III
220px-Spec_III_box_art.jpg

-> I never thought that everybody forgot this cover! Nobody, I mean nobody mentions the best Gran Turismo cover (IMHO) of all time!

GT2 Japanese / JDM / NTSC/J Cover
197469_16050_front.jpg

4246896715_dc2e2fd73d.jpg

tumblr_mf528zSzte1qd2n24.jpg

1796e9528b79a68e.jpg

^ Yes, many forgot the history... :indiff:

~> Yeah, yeah...call me biased. Simply because it features the S2000 on the cover... :grumpy:

========

Special Mention-> I also liked these ones too:

GTC 2002 Tokyo-Geneva NTSC/J Cover *Ford GT Concept Version* (far right)
dsc02144v.jpg

GT 2000 *PS Festival Demo*
gt2000-e1363805438302-638x358.jpg

^ Yup that was a real action (ie. drifting) shot taken by PD themselves! Unlike the glitzy norm of other GT covers.

======

~> And yes, the poll needs to be a bit more detailed...

:)

Wow there have been so many covers I feel like I voted to soon now that I get a chance to see some of the others that didn't make the list.

^ The only gripe I have with the GT2 US-spec, is that photo used were taken by Road&Track magazine while they were testing the McLaren F1 (a car not featured in GT2). I don't know if Sony was sued by R&T by using their copyrighted photo... :grumpy:

GT2 US Version
cover-front.jpg

See!?
mclaren-f1-200mph1.jpg

-> Plus the GT2 logo looked awkward... :ill:

=====

-> I also forgot to mention the very first Gran Turismo cover. It wasn't the best, but it was certainly the most elegant. You can shove that GT6 cover:

GT1 Japanese / JDM / NTSC/J Cover
Gran_Turismo_jap-front.jpg

^ It took me 3 years to figure out what was the car on the left! :eek:

~> Silly me back in high school... :sly:

I prefer the GT6 Cover. I kinda imagine that it will stand out amongst my small collection of PS3 games. The blue colour scheme also looks good for both the in-game menus and the overall cover.

Back