POLL: How old are the GT sport players ?

How old are you?

• Total voters
I'm 31 and racing on a controller. I'd love to get a sim set up with wheel and everything but, it's just not in the budget currently.

For my 30th bday, I decided to realize my dream and said I will no longer play car games with a controller... By the time I reach 30, I gotta play like a big boy...

Together with my homies, we built this :
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...mo-racing-set-up.359041/page-14#post-12799901

That was exactly 10 years ago... So you should definitely do it too... Stop playing with the controller, it doesn't cost that much... Frame and seat should be around $100, wheels G29 would be the most to spend on...

Big up the 39 massive

Same here, I am 1 short of 40...

Hang On (Sega Master System)
Road Rash (Sega Mega Drive (Genesis in US I think)
Gran Turismo 2 (PS1) (played so long, can't remember when I stopped playing, maybe I'm playing it still. Just saying Toyota GT One and Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak Version)
Ridge Racer 5/ Rage Racer (PS1)
Gran Turismo 4 (PS2) (the best ever)
Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
Gran Turismo Sport (PS4) (First Impression: What?? No Campain? But after driving against real people in Sport Mode, no way I can motivate against KI again)

Roughly the same gaming experience....

I started in the late 80s with this:
3098_1353861829836_Yeno_Road_Race.jpg

38 1/2

2d8bdm.jpg

Jerome

Be sure to check down there once in a while lol...

GT fan since Christmas 2000. Ended up with a busted PS2 over the holidays so as gesture of goodwill Sony sent me a copy of Gran Turismo 2. Mind blown and what a journey it’s been ever since!

From the very beginning the series has been a big influence on me. Be it stoking my interest into general car culture, motorsport (visits to Le Mans), travel (Italy, Andalusia and the Alps have all pinged on my radar partly because of GT), discovering new music (Boys Noize, Oliver and Culture Shock in particular), and perhaps even a career change. Currently considering an entry into automotive design and engineering, which without GT I doubt I’d even be considering.

A true lifestyle game. I’ve outgrown various other game franchises over the years but I’ve always come back to Kaz’s magnum opus. To many more years of racing!

That right there is a testament of how much a cultural phenomenon is GT...

Last edited:
i built a racing rig at the ripe old age of 75 and I dont miss a day trying to be faster than the guy in front of me. i will be 82 on 8 Feb 2022.
i'm on gt sport with g29 setup and 65 inch screen with logitec surround sound. Just love it to pieces. will race till I drop and not one lap before.
my moneker is "Toppy Joe" I live in Cape Town. I would be interested to know if there are any active racing guys my age or close. maybe we could organise
a fossel club and race togther. that would be fun.

i built a racing rig at the ripe old age of 75 and I dont miss a day trying to be faster than the guy in front of me. i will be 82 on 8 Feb 2022.
i'm on gt sport with g29 setup and 65 inch screen with logitec surround sound. Just love it to pieces. will race till I drop and not one lap before.
my moneker is "Toppy Joe" I live in Cape Town. I would be interested to know if there are any active racing guys my age or close. maybe we could organise
a fossel club and race togther. that would be fun.
First let me say hats off to you for doing what you love!
There's an Old Geezers club in the league's section here, for people over 60 I think.

Keep on racing and God's Speed

48 and enjoying my last few months and weeks with GT Sport and getting fired up for GT7. I even have a Buttkicker Gamer 2 coming tomorrow for some tactile feedback action.

48 and enjoying my last few months and weeks with GT Sport and getting fired up for GT7. I even have a Buttkicker Gamer 2 coming tomorrow for some tactile feedback action.
Have you posted details about your rig in this thread? I'd be curious to see how you're making all your components work for Gran Turismo and console in general

LOL two years later and at 48 I don't think I've ever been this excited for a new GT game to come out. GT7 is gonna be crazy! I need it in my veins NOW!!!!! 🤤
😻:dopey::banghead:
GT7 is a huge let down even before its arrival due to the restrictions PD are creating for it to run on PS4 also.

GT7 is a huge let down even before its arrival due to the restrictions PD are creating for it to run on PS4 also.
yes that's sad but understandable with the number of PS4 still in use today (and the difficulty to buy a PS5)

but as many games already, they may release a PS5 enhanced version in a few monthes

yes that's sad but understandable with the number of PS4 still in use today (and the difficulty to buy a PS5)

but as many games already, they may release a PS5 enhanced version in a few monthes
One can only hope.

Back