POLL: How old are the GT sport players ?

How old are you?

• Total voters
I think this is a bit misleading. The more serious racers and especially those who can afford to get simracing equipment will tend to be older. A large majority might still well be younger kids playing in DR D and E with a controller and never coming onto websites like this...

I don't think there is any harm in asking this, providing people realise that it may not be representative generally.

I think the question answered by this pole will be more a case of "How old are the GT players who come to the GT Sport forum on GTPlanet", since there are probably even players of the game who frequent GTPlanet but do not frequent this particular forum within it.

My only complaint is that the advert prior to release with that horrible child squeaking in the background clearly said this game was for anyone aged 7 to 70. So where is the category for those 7-11 year olds that Sony were marketing to? :lol: Suffice to say I'm slightly older than that :P

I feel this old:
Cranky Kong.gif

Lol, sometimes I do too. Other times I still feel 28, but its nearly 42.
I had to renew my driving licence this month, been 10 years. Felt so old thinking where those years went. However the person at my local Post Office made me feel young again as he thought I was not even old enough to drive let alone be at the age of renewing. He had to do a double take. :lol:

Stay forever fast and young everyone.
Funky Kong.gif

This poll has a couple of issues

For the 65 or older option, it says "65>" That is incorrect because that reads as "65 or younger". I believe OP was going for 65 or older, in which case the OP should have written it as > 65 which reads as "greater than 65".

I agree with others that the age spacing is somewhat odd as well. I personally would have bracketed it by 5s. I think it is very important that we all realize that by having the age ranges not being equal, you are adding unintended bias to the data.

I am glad that OP created this post however. It's very interesting to see the spread of ages :):cheers:. I am on the younger side, I am 23.

Last edited:
Shouldn't the "12-17" catagory be "13-17" since you can't legally be on here when you're 12?

No-one on this site can legally place a tick, honestly, in that category.

That said, I find the age intervals a bit weird. 6 years, 4 years, 4 years, 5 years x 5, 15 years, 58 years...

Sorry, that was meant as a joke. I didn't think it would actually apply to anyone.

Now you mention it the idea of the poll isn't unsound but the split of the poll is a bit odd and not very scientific.

Back