• I am a die hard PS2 PS3 retro gamer and prefer GT3-4-5-6

• I prefer other driving game titles over the GT series games

• Other reasons not listed in this poll, please explain in a post

• I'm waiting for prices to come down for game and equipment

• I have GTSport, play it all the time, and like the game a bunch

Results are only viewable after voting.
United States
U.S.A.
Multiple choices are allowed in this poll. Also feel free to post other reasons or even positives why to upgrade to GTSport now.

Last edited:
The biggest reason for me is that my room/gaming setup is basically unsuitable.

When I was playing, i was usually playing GTS during the day and then a different game at night with freinds. However, my current setup means to do that i need to completely reset half the room just to switch games. I ended up just not being bothered most days and now I just dont play at all.

I do also misa the old formula. I really think that the new one works, however I usually play GT for relaxing, car collecting and run races with cool cars that ive upgraded from scratch. I feel like with GTS I simply have to be too focussed on it, when most of the time I want to relax.

GTS is awesome in my oppinion, its just not quite my thing.

I don't play GT Sport because of several reasons. Firstly; the forced on vibration understeer effect, it ruins the whole driving experience for me. Secondly; still no Shuffle racing, even though the majority of GTP members want it back. Thirdly; being forced to buy a PSN subscription just to race online, which I could do for free in GT5 & GT6.

👎

Last edited:
Me, because I don't have a PS4 (tho my sibling has one), am waiting for GT7 to come out for the upcoming PS5 and that I still love to play the retro GT5, which remains my favorite GT title to date, even if it has its own flaws.

Btw, the real reason I really got into the game is because of the personal hobby about the game that I enjoy which made me play it a lot and you guys know what that is. :lol:

Although I do play GT Sport, I don’t play it nowhere near as much as I played GT1 - GT6. I just miss the old formula, car collecting and completing events in GT Mode to get rewards. I loved the used car dealership in GT2, GT4 & GT5. I felt accomplished collecting a car which took me ages to get, and then restoring that car through GT Auto. I miss those times.

Don’t get me wrong GT Sport is a beautiful game, and they’ve done well adding content to it just like Kaz promised. It’s just not my type of thing.

No PS4 but If I did I would most definitely not buy it either, the metacritic score speaks for itself, very incomplete game and requires an online connection too. Assetto Corsa and Pcars seem far better alternatives.

I am waiting for GT7. And also GT Sport doesn't have that vast encyclopedia of vehicles most other GTs have (GT1 and GT3 not included).

GT Sport just doesn't embody the spirit of Gran Turismo. GT was never about eSports and competition.

It was inherent since the first that the spirit of the game was to be an interactive encyclopedia on the history of the automobile. One look at the U.S. intro for GT2 ultimately confirmed this was the intention. How we got from the spirit of the automobile, to the spirit of eSports and competition is beyond me.

Suzuki and TVR are just two of quite a many that got thrown to the side when they used to have a good lineup. RUF made a comeback, but how long will it be until we see the Yellowbird, and the other three from GT4/5/6 again? How long will RUF only have one car?

How long do brands like Toyota get obvious bias, while others with just as much--if not more--history get ignored? Brands such as Aston Martin, Bentley and Maserati? And why does Kaz have an avoidance to pre-1960 cars? Does he not like vintage cars?

With all these questions, one can be answered. And that question is, has Kaz lost focus and forgot the reason why he created the game series to begin with?

Yes, yes he has.

Last edited:
I wrote something similar in other thread. If GT7 will also be oriented on online and esports Im done with GT. If GTS is just an experimental platform for esports and GT7 will be proper GT again than it's understandable. But I highly doubt that since it's very popular cocept of racing now and they will want to maximize their profit even if they lose few hardcore GT fans.

There would be a lot of reasons why I don't play Gran Turismo Sport much. These are just a few:

- In free rooms online it is impossible to maintain a clean environment that there is always someone who will go out the rules.
- I hate to death the SRT Tomahawk Vision Gran Turismo X, cars that practically since they entered it was the cancer of the game together with her friends Red Bull X(insert year of your choice)
- Offline events that add monthly are damn easy, boring, and pay too little for my taste.
-The prices of some cars are so damn high that they encourage me to change game.
- I have been wanting to create a JGTC/SUPERGT or BestMotoring themed online room for months, but people tend to make it comfortable for them and i always kick everyone from the rooms.
-The SVGs are a format i don't know how create Stickers, and the 15Kb limit is too low. I would like to have 1Mb as a limit.
-I'm one of the few who creates rooms on Tokyo Expressway (all versions), Fuji Speedway, Autopolis, Suzuka Circuit and Tsukuba that are not Drift, Dirty or Walking with the police themed rooms.

Until a few months ago I had a PS3 but no GT for that. My girlfriend purchased a PS4 and I got GTS together with. Been playing the game a lot since then, and that got me thinking 'why not go back to my beloved past generation console and hunt some trophies on GT6'.

I'm kinda wannabe trophy hunter and I'll start the GT6 platinum journey next month. I'll probably play GTS only for online races (that's what that game was made for).

Long story short, I am playing GTS a lot but willing to play GT6 as well.

Until a few months ago I had a PS3 but no GT for that. My girlfriend purchased a PS4 and I got GTS together with. Been playing the game a lot since then, and that got me thinking 'why not go back to my beloved past generation console and hunt some trophies on GT6'.

I'm kinda wannabe trophy hunter and I'll start the GT6 platinum journey next month. I'll probably play GTS only for online races (that's what that game was made for).

Long story short, I am playing GTS a lot but willing to play GT6 as well.

Well, I finally started playing GT6 and I'm actually surprised with the game. Here are some impressions after 3h of gameplay:

Good things:
- The AI is not as bad as I expected. Well, it isn't that great but it's way more challenging than GT League's on GTS. Playing with cars with less than 100PP from the event's maximum makes the racing at least not boring.
- Time trials and challenges: they are actually fun to play.
- The car list is awesome. I don't care if there are a zillion Evos or Sylvias, I'm happy with all other content as well.
- Driving in general is pretty fun (at least on a wheel)

Bad things:
- Frame drops. Okay, it is a PS3 title, but for PD standards, those are not expected.
- Track and cars modeling: some are too rough for the time it was released (now I understand people complaining about PS2 era models)
- Car and collision sounds

That's it, I think I'll have a good time with GT6 till I can purchase a PS5 (not so soon I think).

Last edited:
Got a PS4 as a gift for the holidays and bought GT Sport because I needed something to play on it. As someone who very skepitcal of GTS, I gotta say with the free dlc updates added to the game much of my problems and concerns are gone.

There is the traditional GT League career mode which has been drastically improved over GT5/6. Cars you thought had no purpose can now be used in events, and there is enough cars you buy that you can still car collect. The updates have added back many of the fan favourite '90s JDM cars and some interesting new additions like the Raptor and Tundra which are more-or-less modern replacements for the trucks in GT4.

Only problem I have left to complain about is the lack of legacy GT tracks. Grand Valley, etc. I am still bit bitter about PD bringing back Midfield in GT6 just to dump it again in GTS. There is still a feeling of GTS not embodying the GT spirit, but I feel with more updates it might have it fully returned.

I played the past GTs for car tuning and customization, GT Sport doesn't offer that.
It does actually. You can level up your cars by spending mileage points which you earn from driving. By leveling up your car you can then fine tune how much weight and bhp it has. Unlike old games where you were limited to specific increments such as a Sports exhaust doing 7 extra bhp, in GT Sport there is a slider which allows you to finely adjust how much performance upgrade is done so you're no longer limited to increments. This leveling system achieves the same thing as the GT Auto performance parts but without the need spend credits buying a bunch of parts.

Tuning is still available. You can change the gear ratios, suspension values, differential, etc.

Visuals mod are there but limited. You can still paint your car, and you can still add custom wheels and paint them too, with the addition of livery editor now which has replaced the GT Auto paint shop. Painting your car is not limited to paint chips anymore. You can now do eye dropper thing where you finely choose what colour and hue you want, and there is also traditional paint palettes where you can quickly choose a preset colour too. The livery editor allows more control than GT Auto paint shop because you can no also paint certain sections of the car a different colour. So say if you want the body yellow, but want only the mirrors to be silver or black you can now do that, which you could not do in older GTs. Only thing you can't do is add body kits and wings.

Last edited:
What would drive me nuts in GTS is the little name tag signs on the cars while racing. My understanding, and I could be wrong, is that while racing they can’t be turned off at all, but in replay or spectator mode they can be if you have a keyboard attachment for the PS4. That would be a good thing I think for PD to rectify in the future patches. In real racing certainly no pro drivers would wanna look at that image floating around the competitor cars imho. Very distracting from videos I’ve seen.

I wanted to get GTS year ago when I started playing GT5 and GT6 from 0% again after years. Now I completely lost my interest in getting it. Since I can only have good results with a wheel and PS5 will come out relatively soon, Im going to get that and a new wheel for that and all PS4 racing games too. Until then there is bunch of stuff to do in 5 and 6 still and also I'll probably get also GRid autosport, Dirt3 and Motogp15 just to use my PS3 and DFGT until they are done. One thing off topic that annoys me is that this games still have like 20-40$ price and are old for old console which I don't underdtand since it's 2020 and they don't have online anymore. But I watched tons of GTS stuff before and it's just not worth of getting console and a wheel and PSN account for that game only specially because I think GT5 would still be better game if there's online racing and it's almost 10 years old (only car sounds are not even comparable)

Well, I finally started playing GT6 and I'm actually surprised with the game. Here are some impressions after 3h of gameplay:

Good things:
- The AI is not as bad as I expected. Well, it isn't that great but it's way more challenging than GT League's on GTS. Playing with cars with less than 100PP from the event's maximum makes the racing at least not boring.
- Time trials and challenges: they are actually fun to play.
- The car list is awesome. I don't care if there are a zillion Evos or Sylvias, I'm happy with all other content as well.
- Driving in general is pretty fun (at least on a wheel)

Bad things:
- Frame drops. Okay, it is a PS3 title, but for PD standards, those are not expected.
- Track and cars modeling: some are too rough for the time it was released (now I understand people complaining about PS2 era models)
- Car and collision sounds

That's it, I think I'll have a good time with GT6 till I can purchase a PS5 (not so soon I think).
Engine noises also sound so really crap, something also needed to be add in the bad things lol.

I agree that engines sound very bad. But watching vids on YT and reading some stuff here I realized that people actually think if car has deeper, loud engine sound and it's exhaust has crackling pops and stuff like that they think it's more realistic.. Well it's not, Id rather say that transmission sound in GT6 is off.. When you change gears it sounds worse or in 5 for example when you fit fully customizable transmission it sounds horrible. So regarding the "vacuum cleaner" sounds I don't 100% agree because some cars actually sound like that IRL.. For example I've owned 2 cars from game and my current one before I made some mods to exhaust (Alfa Romeo Brera) actually did sound more like a 70hp vacuum cleaner instead of 260 hp V6 car..

I've never once thought that the car sounds (engine or other) have ever sounded bad, maybe it's just because I enjoy the game (and all the other GT games) for what they are. Sure PD could have done things differently but the way I see it is:
I can't do any better

And that's not to say you guys aren't right but I just focus on winning the races or beating may mates times, rather than worrying about a difference in sound.

I Don't Play GTSport Because...

• Centered too much around online racing (a colossal subject entirely in itself)
  • No course creator
  • Mostly dull cookie cutter tracks
  • Car list is still lacking, though not nearly as awful as launch
  • No day/night and weather transitions
  • Limited FOV and steering wheel options
  • Clutch is one of the worst
  • Other games are more appealing
  • Game economy is deplorable and encourages MT and purchasing DLC to gain credits without grinding
  • I paid too much for the game and still annoyed about it

I had thousands of hours in GT Sport, an A/S rating with almost 100 wins, and every car except for a few of the ones that are$15,000,000 +.

Last night a nearby transformer blew and we had a huge power surge which fried the PS4. It made a lovely crackling noise and shut itself off--it was HOT when I touched it. It turns out my surge protector was faulty and didn't protect my console.

So I'm back on the PS3 and GT6.

Back