• The game doesn't have enough cars and/or circuits I like

• I am currently still working on GT6 and/or other GT titles

• I am a die hard PS2 PS3 retro gamer and prefer GT3-4-5-6

• I prefer other driving game titles over the GT series games

• Other reasons not listed in this poll, please explain in a post

• I'm waiting for prices to come down for game and equipment

• I have GTSport, play it all the time, and like the game a bunch

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have another thought on this thread I started... I wonder if your PS3 completely crashed and you lost everything of your GT5 and GT6 games, as it is my understanding that there is no way to recover the game save data once your old console crashes because you can’t use your game data saved via USB or computer to a new console as the console itself dictates the save and game data... So would you then move on to a PS4 and GTS or would you buy another PS3 and start GT5 or GT6 all over again ? One thing about the good ol’ PS2 GT4 and GT3 is that if mine ever crashed I could just plug in my old memory card in another PS2 and be back to where I was with no problem in short order... I might be wrong on the PS3 crash as it is just what I have read on the net of the many threads about that subject. If there is new technology and there is a way to recover I’d sure like to know about it if it ever happened to me. Otherwise, it would be the PS2 for me for the long term.
Assuming I didn't get the aforementioned PS4 gift, I'd say PS3.

After having tried GTS, I'd say why not both?

Basically this. I'm primarily a player vs bots kind of guy, the arcade mode is where I spend most of my time in racing games, and GT Sport has one of the weakest ones I've experienced. Its very limiting, and makes no sense at times, especially with the road cars. I'll pick a N400 car, and choose to go up against N400 vehicles, but the game decides to toss me a mixed bag of N400, N500, and N600 vehicles instead. Likewise, Gr.X cars can only race against themselves in one-off races, and the rally courses are also strange in the sense that they don't permit more than two vehicles on track at once, despite footage from tournaments, and my experience with custom lobbies having far more than that.
Mind you, all of this is how the game was several months ago when I uninstalled, some of these aspects could have changed since then, but as far as I know none of it has.

Arcade just feels like an afterthought, and it shouldn't be. Once I finish the career, its where I immediately turn to in racing games.
I hope they fix this in the next GT.

Basically this. I'm primarily a player vs bots kind of guy, the arcade mode is where I spend most of my time in racing games, and GT Sport has one of the weakest ones I've experienced. Its very limiting, and makes no sense at times, especially with the road cars. I'll pick a N400 car, and choose to go up against N400 vehicles, but the game decides to toss me a mixed bag of N400, N500, and N600 vehicles instead. Likewise, Gr.X cars can only race against themselves in one-off races, and the rally courses are also strange in the sense that they don't permit more than two vehicles on track at once, despite footage from tournaments, and my experience with custom lobbies having far more than that.
Mind you, all of this is how the game was several months ago when I uninstalled, some of these aspects could have changed since then, but as far as I know none of it has.

Arcade just feels like an afterthought, and it shouldn't be. Once I finish the career, its where I immediately turn to in racing games.
I hope we will never see a N or a Gr.X class in the game again from PD, because them two things make no sense in the game.

I don't care much about racing classes at all, I'd like it to have GT spirit so that collecting cars you like actuality makes you happy (like UCD), difficult license tests, difficult events etc. I like online racing don't get me wrong, but I hope the game wont be based on online.

My old fat PS3 got the YLOD, so I fixed it & transferred the data to my new slim one (the YLOD fixes never last long you see). I've also got all my original data backed up just in case my PS3 dies, but it's been going since 2010 so I hope it will last some more.

VBR
My old fat PS3 got the YLOD, so I fixed it & transferred the data to my new slim one (the YLOD fixes never last long you see). I've also got all my original data backed up just in case my PS3 dies, but it's been going since 2010 so I hope it will last some more.
Did the game read or recognized the save file properly after you transferred it to another PS3?

VBR
How did you fix the YLOD?

Did the game read or recognized the save file properly after you transferred it to another PS3?
I had the Blu Ray stop working on my first one, but I was able to get Both PS3 GTs to read saved data from the old one when I transferred the data to the new one. This was back in 2014-ish but I doubt anything has changed.

I had the Blu Ray stop working on my first one, but I was able to get Both PS3 GTs to read saved data from the old one when I transferred the data to the new one. This was back in 2014-ish but I doubt anything has changed.
Good for you. Maybe it will work as long as you're using the same PSN account in the new system.

Yeah. All I had to do was change my new PS3 to my main console, then everything just worked.

How did you fix the YLOD?

I bought a reflow kit off ebay, it's very simple to do actually. The only problem is that it's a temporary fix, that's why I bought a new console. The old fat PS3's have tin-based solder, not lead-based solder, which cracks easily, & that's what causes the YLOD. So, the fix is to reflow the solder around certain processors. I did it with a heat gun.

I don't play GTS because to me the track surface completely ruins any sense of enjoyment. It feels like I'm driving on a slab of polished marble. I just don't find it fun at all, it feels lifeless. I also don't like the online focus, I like playing a proper offline championship. I loved GT6.

MrCrynox mentioned that driving on GTS circuits/tracks is like being on a slab of polished marble. I understanding exactly what he means, and although I don’t have GTS, I can even go from GT6/5 back to GT4’s Le Sarthe 24Hr with no chicanes and really feel those wonderful old school bumps and track abnormalities throwing my car up, down, and around.

VBR
Yeah. All I had to do was change my new PS3 to my main console, then everything just worked.

I bought a reflow kit off ebay, it's very simple to do actually. The only problem is that it's a temporary fix, that's why I bought a new console. The old fat PS3's have tin-based solder, not lead-based solder, which cracks easily, & that's what causes the YLOD. So, the fix is to reflow the solder around certain processors. I did it with a heat gun.
Do you know if it's always the same bit of solder that cracks or is it random?

I don't play GTS because to me the track surface completely ruins any sense of enjoyment. It feels like I'm driving on a slab of polished marble. I just don't find it fun at all, it feels lifeless. I also don't like the online focus, I like playing a proper offline championship. I loved GT6.
I have stopped playing GT Sport now because to me it is lifeless, and also you said in your post as well. The GT League in GTS should have been a whole lot better for players that don't like online racing.

My PS3 is like an old lawn mower very noisy now, I think this week I buy another second hand PS3.

MrCrynox mentioned that driving on GTS circuits/tracks is like being on a slab of polished marble. I understanding exactly what he means, and although I don’t have GTS, I can even go from GT6/5 back to GT4’s Le Sarthe 24Hr with no chicanes and really feel those wonderful old school bumps and track abnormalities throwing my car up, down, and around.
Overall I agree the tracks are too smooth in GTS, but didn't they repave Le Mans though? I remember reading that they changed one of the turns a bit and repaved. I can understand GTS being smooth if that is true, if not then GTS really messed up Le Mans then.

Last edited:
Overall I agree the tracks are too smooth in GTS, but didn't they repave Le Mans though? I remember reading that they changed one of the turns a bit and repaved. I can understand GTS being smooth if that is true, if not then GTS really messed up Le Mans then.
A video that shows the difference of the track's renditions in GTS and older GT titles would be interesting to see.

I don't play GTS because to me the track surface completely ruins any sense of enjoyment. It feels like I'm driving on a slab of polished marble. I just don't find it fun at all, it feels lifeless.

Same here. I loved the tracks in GT5/GT6 that had bumpy surfaces like The Nord, Daytona Road, & Le Mans etc. Driving & racing on them was a lot of fun. The advertising for the G25/G27Logitech wheels was 'feel every bump in the road' (or something like that), but in GT games the tracks are mostly too smooth which made me laugh! By the way, the FFB for dirt tracks feels a lot better in GT5 compared to GT6.

Do you know if it's always the same bit of solder that cracks or is it random?

I think it just happens around the processors. You just reflow the whole lot & hope for the best. Another way is to put the board in the oven to reflow the solder, but I used a heat gun instead (much quicker & easier). You need to use a special flux designed for reflowing, the kit I bought came with everything needed: under £10 as well.

👍

I forgot to mention in my post about what you said about the track surfaces in GT Sport, and yes I totally agree and they have completely ruins any sense of enjoyment, and this is another reason why I have gone back to play GT6.
I am going to start GT6 from scratch again because I feel Gran Turismo 6 is way better game than GT Sport, but it should be the other way around because it is a PS4 game with better everything, but it is not a great game and perhaps when GTS is on PS5 and then I may play GTS again if there is no GT7.

I forgot to mention in my post about what you said about the track surfaces in GT Sport, and yes I totally agree and they have completely ruins any sense of enjoyment, and this is another reason why I have gone back to play GT6.
I am going to start GT6 from scratch again because I feel Gran Turismo 6 is way better game than GT Sport, but it should be the other way around because it is a PS4 game with better everything, but it is not a great game and perhaps when GTS is on PS5 and then I may play GTS again if there is no GT7.

I enjoyed playing GT6, mainly for the driving model, sheer number of tracks, and the track feedback/feeling was great. I'm currently playing other games at the moment, WRC8, DR2, and an old favourite, Grid Autosport. You certainly feel the stage/racetrack in these. I hope that GT7 goes back to its roots but I doubt it. I will hold fire on getting a PS5 to wait and see, I bought a PS4 just for GTS and whilst I haven't regretted it, (due to other games), I'm not making the same mistake again.

Last edited:
I'm currently playing other games at the moment, WRC8, DR2, and an old favourite, Grid Autosport. You certainly feel the stage/racetrack in these. I hope that GT7 goes back to its roots but I doubt it. I will hold fire on getting a PS5 to wait and see, I'm not making the same mistake again.
About PS5 it is so sad that the new console can not play PS3 games, and that goes with the PS4, I really thought that console would play PS3 games, boy I was wrong.

Sadly lacking in in-car sound effects , driving the bmw m3 gt is lifeless compared too the likes of assetto corsa and as others state marble like tarmac, all these years and GT games we still haven't moved much at all in the physics and sounds department

I have zero interest in playing online. If a GT game doesn't have a GT mode (and GT Sport doesn't), then it is not Gran Turismo imo.
I want to start with a small amount of money, do some license tests, do some races, win some money, upgrade my car, do more races, buy better cars... and so on and so forth.

I have zero interest in playing online. If a GT game doesn't have a GT mode (and GT Sport doesn't), then it is not Gran Turismo imo.
I want to start with a small amount of money, do some license tests, do some races, win some money, upgrade my car, do more races, buy better cars... and so on and so forth.

I agree with you 100% regarding not being real GT. But I'm afraid we are never going to get another old school GT. Only difference is I like online racing, specially when AI is really lame. But I liked shuffle racing and racing not that powerful street cars, it's fun. The way online racing is set up more like esports, for that I have no interest.
Also collecting cars is not a thing anymore, UCD was so much better than just being able to buy any car. I remeber when GT5 arrived and than someone raced with a rare car or you got it, it had some fun factor.

Back