• The game doesn't have enough cars and/or circuits I like

• I am currently still working on GT6 and/or other GT titles

• I am a die hard PS2 PS3 retro gamer and prefer GT3-4-5-6

• I prefer other driving game titles over the GT series games

• Other reasons not listed in this poll, please explain in a post

• I'm waiting for prices to come down for game and equipment

• I have GTSport, play it all the time, and like the game a bunch

Results are only viewable after voting.
I want to play something else, like good Project Cars, but unlike, GT Sport doesn't have all those listed problems to me. I'm liking and playing GT sport so far.

I had thousands of hours in GT Sport, an A/S rating with almost 100 wins, and every car except for a few of the ones that are$15,000,000 +.

Last night a nearby transformer blew and we had a huge power surge which fried the PS4. It made a lovely crackling noise and shut itself off--it was HOT when I touched it. It turns out my surge protector was faulty and didn't protect my console.

So I'm back on the PS3 and GT6.
That sucks mate, feel free to join the challenge hub.

I want to play something else, like good Project Cars, but unlike, GT Sport doesn't have all those listed problems to me. I'm liking and playing GT sport so far.
What kind of problems? Anyway, good for you also if you're enjoying the game.

I had thousands of hours in GT Sport, an A/S rating with almost 100 wins, and every car except for a few of the ones that are$15,000,000 +.

Last night a nearby transformer blew and we had a huge power surge which fried the PS4. It made a lovely crackling noise and shut itself off--it was HOT when I touched it. It turns out my surge protector was faulty and didn't protect my console.

So I'm back on the PS3 and GT6.

Wow, that really sucks. Unfortunately I have to join the ranks of the "I don't play GT Sport" crew in Car of the Week because my new router causes this odd stuttering lag in pretty much any online game I try to play at the moment. Currently trying to sort it out but it's not high priority ATM.

But yeah, at this point I wonder if it's even worth it for you to get a new PS4, or would it be wiser just to stick it out and wait for the PS5 coming later on in the year.

What kind of problems? Anyway, good for you also if you're enjoying the game.

Lack of tracks or cars, game breaking and annoying bugs, bad drivers, costly equipment or game or add-ons prices. From the poll.

As for 6, it doesn't have Porsche, my main complain about the game:). Gave disk to a local kid, who seems grows into cars and gt culture.

Wow, that really sucks. Unfortunately I have to join the ranks of the "I don't play GT Sport" crew in Car of the Week because my new router causes this odd stuttering lag in pretty much any online game I try to play at the moment. Currently trying to sort it out but it's not high priority ATM.

But yeah, at this point I wonder if it's even worth it for you to get a new PS4, or would it be wiser just to stick it out and wait for the PS5 coming later on in the year.

No kidding! I'm confused as to how to set up a new PS4 so that it won't override my cloud save, which doesn't make the decision any easier. At the moment I'm holding out for the PS5.

Lack of tracks or cars, game breaking and annoying bugs, bad drivers, costly equipment or game or add-ons prices. From the poll.

As for 6, it doesn't have Porsche, my main complain about the game:). Gave disk to a local kid, who seems grows into cars and gt culture.
Oh I see. 👍

6 could have been better in my opinion.

A couple of months ago i bought a PS4 Pro, a 65" 4K TV and GT SPORT. I clocked about 20.000 km in 1,5 months and think it is a really good game. Somehow. But then the emptiness followed, because besides GT League there is nothing to do for me. The Arcade mode is utter trash, the worst of all Gran Turismos. It gives you always the same cars as opponents and the pack is so wildly mixed, it is ridiculous (Mazda 2 vs. Lancia Stratos, yeah awesome idea PD). I know, Arcade Mode in GT throws always a totally mixed bunch at you, but at least the grid changes after you back out and start a new race. I really wonder, if they ever play and test their games?!? It is so weird... so i'm currently back at GT4, enjoying it's "wonderful graphics" on a stupidly large 4K TV. Oh my... :lol::rolleyes:

Another update on my GT6 x GTS situation:

I'm having a lot more fun on my PS3. The races on GT6 are funnier, even though not that challenging. With the current penalty system situation on GTS, the AI on GT6 is racing better than real people dirty jerks. My last point is that FFB on GT6 is a masterpiece (G29).

GTS is officially aside for me now.

Interesting topic, the reasons I still haven't played GTS are:

I'm now a married man with two preschool kids at home, I also have long work hours at my workplace, I simply don't have the same energy to focus on a race sim after work like I did when I was younger.

Plus I will have to invest a lot of money into a new console(plus subscription), new AV receiver (I already have a 4K TV) and a new steering wheel/gaming chair setup.

And I'm not a fan of the direction the franchise is heading, I'm more of a GT4 guy, that game is basically endless and I love the collecting aspect of the pre-PS3 era of GT.

Last edited:
If you only intended to play offline you don't need the PS+. Updates, and offline content works fine without it. There is a decent amount of SP content to keep you busy for awhile, though like all GT games before it, eventually you will get to the end and have not much to do. However, unlike numbered GT games, in GTS you get rewards for doing time trials, arcade races and the new race creator, so there is some incentive to play after the GT League and Circuit Experiences are done.

Last edited:
I have another thought on this thread I started... I wonder if your PS3 completely crashed and you lost everything of your GT5 and GT6 games, as it is my understanding that there is no way to recover the game save data once your old console crashes because you can’t use your game data saved via USB or computer to a new console as the console itself dictates the save and game data... So would you then move on to a PS4 and GTS or would you buy another PS3 and start GT5 or GT6 all over again ? One thing about the good ol’ PS2 GT4 and GT3 is that if mine ever crashed I could just plug in my old memory card in another PS2 and be back to where I was with no problem in short order... I might be wrong on the PS3 crash as it is just what I have read on the net of the many threads about that subject. If there is new technology and there is a way to recover I’d sure like to know about it if it ever happened to me. Otherwise, it would be the PS2 for me for the long term.

I have another thought on this thread I started... I wonder if your PS3 completely crashed and you lost everything of your GT5 and GT6 games, as it is my understanding that there is no way to recover the game save data once your old console crashes because you can’t use your game data saved via USB or computer to a new console as the console itself dictates the save and game data... So would you then move on to a PS4 and GTS or would you buy another PS3 and start GT5 or GT6 all over again ? One thing about the good ol’ PS2 GT4 and GT3 is that if mine ever crashed I could just plug in my old memory card in another PS2 and be back to where I was with no problem in short order... I might be wrong on the PS3 crash as it is just what I have read on the net of the many threads about that subject. If there is new technology and there is a way to recover I’d sure like to know about it if it ever happened to me. Otherwise, it would be the PS2 for me for the long term.

Well GT6 you can play through in 1 month or so. GT5 on the other hand I went twice the whole game and would honestly rather go through GT4 again. But regarding what you said.. Im bot really smart regarding software/hardware stuff etc but couldn't you just take out hard disk from your broken ps3 to another one? That way you'd still have it.. But as I say I don't know much about this stuff. If it wouldn't be possible Id still wait for ps5 rather than buying 4..

Hey, it is my understanding that sadly you can not just switch the hard drive as it is somehow tied to the original specific console. Waiting for GT7 and PS5 to come out seems like a good alternative and going back to the PS2-GT4 until then.

When my ps3 crash a while ago I tried to swap hard drive into my new console and the hard drive was tied to the broken ps3. For it to work in the new console it would need to be RE-formatted, thus erasing everything on it and since I had 500GB hard drive with lots of baby photos on it I didn't do it.

Bjl23... Would like more info or even a video on that which would be helpful as a “just in case”. From everything I have read there is a way you can transfer game data and save data and all other data when it is a fully working PS3 to another fully working PS3... but has steps that must be followed. Not sure if you can even do this anymore, but in the event of a crashed PS3 then what...

Last edited:
Apparently you can save your game data to a flash drive and uploaded it to another console if your signed into the PSN
Thinking of the same thing as well but is it possible to put the game data into a flash drive? Or are you talking about the save file instead? Just wanted to clarify.

I know you can’t put the actual game data on a USB. Can’t be copied via internal prohibition I believe. The game save data of course can, but that is the problem, because that game save data will not work if transferred to another PS3 I believe, so there is the original dilemma... scares the crap out of me too lol !

@2_FAST_4_U I don't think your scenario is plausible, though I can't really prove anything. Maybe there are these exceptional games that won't let you copy a saved game in the usual sense, but Gran Turismo 5 and 6 do it just fine. So I could copy your save to my console and it should work. In fact, this was done on a regular basis here on GTP, for replay files, which seem similar in nature. Trophies, on the other hand, are only stored "per internal drive" or on Sony servers.
This reminds me, my latest backup for GT 6 is from 2017. Main difference between then and now would be just stats and licence/mission records, though.

But if I still lost all three (?) "save" copies and the disc wouldn't load, I'd look into having the console repaired or maybe getting the download edition, since I might do without the rest of the discs by now. I have "the six" games and GT 4 doesn't appeal to me (maybe 10 %), even with DFP wheel.

Thematic... I’m very aware that I can copy my own game save to a USB and copy back to the PS3 system it was derived from as I’ve done many many times in GT5-6 before. Are you saying I can copy that same game saved on my USB over to a brand new system after I download a new GT5-6 and it will work fine ? As far as I know however the actual game data itself can not be copied... for those that may have trouble understanding game data save which is the actual game version and not the game save which is your current game in progress.

Do you have to have a paid membership in PSN or have uploaded there or just a sign in ? And what would happen to a game save that was done using Garage Editor in GT5 I wonder...

Are you saying I can copy that same game saved on my USB over to a brand new system after I download a new GT5-6 and it will work fine ?
Yes. Subscribers could save their games to Sony servers. So they have all this backup functionality as long as they can hold on to their credentials/account. Can you imagine the chagrin of quite a lot of people if that was the only reasonable way, recurring payments?

You can play these games fine without a PSN account, so I don't think PSN comes into it.

Yes, The Software does identify the save files somehow, but the way I saw that used was just to give the user a warning (in XMB) that the file seems to originate from somebody else. And that warning may come up when you install and use another console.

Last edited:
I know you can’t put the actual game data on a USB. Can’t be copied via internal prohibition I believe. The game save data of course can, but that is the problem, because that game save data will not work if transferred to another PS3 I believe, so there is the original dilemma... scares the crap out of me too lol !
Oh, that is a real bummer.

The Arcade mode is utter trash, the worst of all Gran Turismos. It gives you always the same cars as opponents and the pack is so wildly mixed, it is ridiculous (Mazda 2 vs. Lancia Stratos, yeah awesome idea PD). I know, Arcade Mode in GT throws always a totally mixed bunch at you, but at least the grid changes after you back out and start a new race. I really wonder, if they ever play and test their games?!?

Basically this. I'm primarily a player vs bots kind of guy, the arcade mode is where I spend most of my time in racing games, and GT Sport has one of the weakest ones I've experienced. Its very limiting, and makes no sense at times, especially with the road cars. I'll pick a N400 car, and choose to go up against N400 vehicles, but the game decides to toss me a mixed bag of N400, N500, and N600 vehicles instead. Likewise, Gr.X cars can only race against themselves in one-off races, and the rally courses are also strange in the sense that they don't permit more than two vehicles on track at once, despite footage from tournaments, and my experience with custom lobbies having far more than that.
Mind you, all of this is how the game was several months ago when I uninstalled, some of these aspects could have changed since then, but as far as I know none of it has.

Arcade just feels like an afterthought, and it shouldn't be. Once I finish the career, its where I immediately turn to in racing games.

Back