Poll: Is the Polyphony Digital work fairly appreciated?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jose'
  • 41 comments
  • 3,157 views

Is or not?


  • Total voters
    165
The only answer is yes. Every person appreciates the game in a different way. Every person's opinion is just as valid as the next guy's therefore it is a fair judgment/appreciation.

Of course we have those that still believe that if they don't feel exactly as they do then they are wrong. "How dare they not love PD and all that they do?" Those people are the lowest form of life on this planet in my opinion. Complete intolerance of the view of someone else and a demand of those people to conform to their way of thinking. I hope they never get elected to public office.
 
I believe so. PD had more than enough time and resources to make the game much better, but they did not. And they never communicated. What's wrong with the game is their fault. It's a good game, but many complaints are justified.
 
The fact that their signed edition is selling even higher for collectors, proves that they are appreciated (a lot).
 
I'd say they've taken it way too far because:

1- They spent way too much time putting extra details[graphical details .. only] on 200 cars and including 70% useless/duplicated cars.

2- They kept secrets away from us in a kinda bad way like in E3 2008 or 2009 .. not sure .. remember how bad we were waiting for an announcement and then what we get is only few details about the game (1000 cars, NASCAR, career mode, etc).

3- Leveling system is bad and not rewarding.

4- GT5 is using the same engine physics from the previous series ... that's when you rev the engine.

5- I find day-night transition / rain racing useless .. I didn't enjoy them very much.

6- And it could have been better if there was a car editor feature along with course editor .. I want an everlasting content .. I want to manipulate my car the way I like.

7- This is it. People expected much from GT5 .. way too much ..

8- The "we can release the game and patch the hell out of it later" is not good.

I didn't say anything wrong but that's my view.
 
I voted yes.

I appreciate the work put into the game (played it yesterday at a friend's house for the second time). But that doesn't mean I believe the game is perfect, or at least very well done.

On the forum side, I do believe most people appreciate the work PD did. It shows by the amount of positive threads, or at least the interest shown in the game.
 
R35-Vspec
I'd say they've taken it way too far because:
1- They spent way too much time putting extra details[graphical details .. only] on 200 cars and including 70% useless/duplicated cars.

First of all, what do you mean by 'it'.
Second, what/which cars would you define as 'useless/duplicated'? I'm guessing the ones that don't go from 0-60 in under 5 seconds.

R35-Vspec
2- They kept secrets away from us in a kinda bad way like in E3 2008 or 2009 .. not sure .. remember how bad we were waiting for an announcement and then what we get is only few details about the game (1000 cars, NASCAR, career mode, etc).

So you wanted to hear about everything a year before the game was released? That would have made the game so fun to play :rolleyes:

R35-Vspec
4- GT5 is using the same engine physics from the previous series ... that's when you rev the engine.

*insert facepalm here*

R35-Vspec
5- I find day-night transition / rain racing useless .. I didn't enjoy them very much.

Really? You must have a lot of fun in this game. >.>

On topic:
Is PD's work fairly appreciated? No, most definitely not. Not by all of us anyway. *cough*
 
They are a business, selling a product. People who complain about issues with a product are just as fair as those who blindly support said product. In fact, those who aren't blind to the problems and speak about them are MORE fair than the fanboys who are going to love it no matter what. More fair because their opinions are not coming from a place of extreme bias.
 
They are a business, selling a product. People who complain about issues with a product are just as fair as those who blindly support said product. In fact, those who aren't blind to the problems and speak about them are MORE fair than the fanboys who are going to love it no matter what. More fair because their opinions are not coming from a place of extreme bias.

👍 Spot on.
 
I voted "No", because of the fairness part. It gets more praise than what it fairly diserves. PD's work is considered untouchable for some people and just because Mimesis-Mage KY made it, they think the game is perfect. But it's not.

Want a fair appreciation? Ok, the game has nice physics, awesome detail in most tracks (specially the ones with climate), incredible detail in premium cars and a very engaging soundtrack. It has also some nice additions that were missing from previous GT (painting cars, for example). However, it's undeniable that the premium list was poorly chosen, the AI is superhuman with tyre wear and childish with collisions, standards look offensive (as well as some tracks), NASCAR license was awfully wasted, WRC licence was wasted, SuperGT licence was wasted, A-Spec is short and poorly dessigned (and sometimes, with the AI, unbearable), the in-game economy is broken, damage is non-sensical, license tests are broken, levelling is a stupid idea, tuning and customization options are tooooo limited, and it forces players to watch glorified replays called B-Spec.

Face it. In all fairness, the game has some great stuff and it has also a lot of mistakes that can sometimes cancel out the good things. No one can fathom what took them exactly six years. And it's sometimes less than what the competition gives you.

I'm sorry, as much as I appreciate seeing the buttons of the radio in the cockpit of my R8, I still think the game is awfully broken. And PD doesn't diserve all the praise they get, though I'd still think they made a lot of effort and achieved some great stuff.
 
maxpontiac
I voted yes, because as whole, PD's work on GT5 has been rewarded as evident of the sales.

However, if you would have put "appreciated on GTPlanet", I would have voted no. The community here is one of entitlement.:guilty:

I voted "no" just like you sayd.. GTP is the only place I get GT info from, and I can 100% say more than half of GTP users dont know what are they saying, doing or even why existing in this world and visiting GTP with no purpose... a bit harsh... but I can surely say 99% of them are the new ones who joined, majority of them are kids obviously.. since I visit GTP for a long time (registered about 2 years ago, but I read it for some 5 years and more) old users are alot more mature and smarter in any way.. PS some new members are quite nice.. but just "some"..... :nervous: anyway, the whole internet is spoiled by kids comments of pure stupid people, its not only GTP problem.

PS. I would vote "yes" if I played GT5 alone in home and never visited GTP.. but here you can get more bad than good, for sure.. not sure why Im still comming here.. obviously I love GT :D and still hope GTP will get back to good old days.
 
Back