POLL: Which Gran Turismo game did you enjoy the most?

  • Thread starter Thread starter trangurismo
  • 75 comments
  • 5,057 views

Which Gran Turismo game did you enjoy the most?

  • Gran Turismo 1

    Votes: 8 3.2%
  • Gran Turismo 2

    Votes: 38 15.1%
  • Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec

    Votes: 32 12.7%
  • Gran Turismo 4

    Votes: 103 41.0%
  • Gran Turismo 5

    Votes: 63 25.1%
  • Gran Turismo PSP

    Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Other (GT4P, GT5P, GTConcept, etc.)

    Votes: 3 1.2%

  • Total voters
    251
So when do I unlock all this content and stuff to do? There was a million times more stuff to do in GT3 and GT4.

If you play offline I guess so, but online really blows everything else away. I guess you (or more accurately, I) could say that GT4 had 0 races because the AI was in them. They're that bad IMO. I can't go back to GT4, it honestly felt like an empty shell after a few months anyway. After GT5P, it just became too bland. GT1-3, I might dig up out of nostalgia, but nothing else in the GT series can match GT5's physics + online. It's a shame that online only lets you set races up to 99 laps.
 
GT5 because it has the online and GT4 didn't!
 
Based on pure enjoyment, I'd give it a close race between GT2 and GT5. I can still remember me and my cousin grinding events to get our first 100k.

Then we proceeded to fight over what we wanted to buy. In the end, it was a bright yellow NSX. That car was amazing.
 
I actually really really really liked GTP on the psp (although I voted for GT5). I know it didn't have a great career mode. But I had so much fun with that version. The fact that I could take it with me was awesome. The cars looked and handled fantastic.
 
I voted for GT5 because I really do enjoy it most, but GT4 has its strong points and I really miss a lot of the content from it. If the poll was phrased as to which I thought was the better game then I would say GT4.
 
I don´t know... Here´s the thing:

With GT1, I was impressed, since there was nothing like it in those days... Even with its flaws, it was THE game to have for car enthusiasts and gamers like me. And one thing I keep in my heart about GT1: Thanks to it, I know what a Nissan Skyline GTR, a Subaru Impreza and a Lancer Evo is... And thanks to it, you see them rolling over here in this side of the planet...

GT2 was probably a dream come true. All of the cars that you had, the imrpoved realistic sounds, were every car had a distinctive sound unlike GT1 wich had only like three sounds, plus all the events, music, wheels, tracks, Muscle cars, vintage cars, race mods, etc... I really learned alot from this game.

GT3 was pure eye candy, and basically made me buy a PS2. Then I realized that even with the shortage of content vs GT2, the game lasted for years, and it was probably one of the gratest GT´s I´ve ever played, plus the best handling physics in any GT so far.

GT4... First of all, the intro made me shead tears of joy... With this masterpiece, PD showed the whole world what The Real Driving Simulator was all about. I fell in love with the special events, the prize system, the music, the performance improvement aspect of it. Everything! Even with some little details like some wrong engine sound samples, this was THE Gran Turismo. Since the release date to now, I was still playing it, and not getting bored of it...

GT5... Again, PD not only showed how a driving game should be, but it showed the gamer comunity what incredible ARTISTS work in PD´s facility. I can literally spend hours in photo mode discovering mind blowing details in the premium cars. My personal favorite aspects are: The driving physics are better than ever! Hand to hand with GT3´s physics. The graphics are just amazing... The sound improvements deserve a big recognition, the A.I, although not perfect, finally makes a the race enjoyable... Weather effects still make me wonder if what I´m seeing is real or not... And again, this game is pure driving pleasure...

But I have to chose GT2... Simply because in those days, I was not so techy when it came to cars, and I didn´t noticed "details" like I do now. And since it was my passion, and I was a kid, I enjoyed that game in the most pure enthusiastic way possible!
 
Last edited:
GT4 without hesitation. Online can come & go. At some point the online in GT5 will be shut down just like GT5:P has been shut off. GT4 will never require internet access to DL all of the patches to make it play "the way it should have been". GT4 can be started up fresh without any need of patches or online and you're off. GT5 without internet will always be sub-standard.
 
Playing GT1 always takes me back to my childhood........
 
GT4 had the most replayability for me and was the most fun. The car sounds really bother me though. I wish GT5 had the amount of content of GT4.
 
I chose 4 because it was a very enjoyable game but having said that GT5 will have more to come and has not yet realized its full potential with updates etc.
 
Definetely number 2. (If we can't count 5).

Gt4 was great, but the physics were terrible. (ok, maybe not terrible, but they really weren't fun at all)
 
GT2
Awesome music library? Check.
Good exaust sounds etc? Check.
Awesome selection of cars? Check.
Awesome variety and overall fun rally section? Check.
More then like, 25 American cars? Check.
No obvious bias to Japanese cars, including slelection of "lower end" cars? Check.

Gt3 was pretty fun, but lost some of what GT2 had. Gt4 lost some of what Gt3 had. Gt5 lost some of what 4 had, but gained a few things to make up for it, like good weather and the most important immersion factor of in car view. No GT game, including this one, will match the play hours I put in on GT2.
 
...Online can come & go. At some point the online in GT5 will be shut down just like GT5:P has been shut off... GT5 without internet will always be sub-standard.

Tell me about it. The last time I had my PS3 connected to the internet was like in 2009:crazy:
 
Which Gran Turismo game did you enjoy the most?

To be honest, GT5 was the first one I really played. I saw people play the first two a bit, I owned the third one and played it for like twenty minutes, and then that's been it until GT5. The problem is that I never owned a PSX (had an N64) and by the time we were into the PS2 days of GT3 and GT4 I was so accustomed to arcade-style racing that trying to jump into GT3 was a bit frustrating so I didn't really bother.

The funny thing about community opinion is that the previous game in a series so often seems to be regarded as the best, and the most recent normally seems to be viewed as worse or less fun than the previous. I see this a lot with Grand Theft Auto. When San Andreas came along, all the talk was about how much more awesome was Vice City. Once GTA IV came along, suddenly San Andreas was the pinnacle of the franchise and IV was crap. I'd almost bet that once the next GTA gets here IV will suddenly be amazing and the latest will be crap.
 
people are probably going to throw things at me for saying this, but I enjoyed PSP the most. Gran Turismo everywhere (except underwater)? yes for me.
 
Back