Post your Drawings. Not about cars.

Discussion in 'Art & Photography' started by Tercel_driver, Feb 14, 2004.

1. MSTER232

MSTER232

Tip: Get yourself an electric rubber and use a blending stump for hair. The black part of her hair is carbon/charcoal and the blonde part is carbon with small amounts of graphite

dxm8975 likes this.
  2. Driving Park

Driving Park

Lil' bump.

I'm sadly totally inept when it comes to drawing, but I've been designing brass instruments recently and have been pleased with the results. You can view them all here in my deviantArt gallery. (They're also all on imgur here.)

Here's a sample:

[​IMG]

SVX, AOS-, dxm8975 and 1 other person like this.
  3. dxm8975

dxm8975 Premium

One of my other drawings I forgot to post :D.

IMG_20150126_202009.jpg

Ddrizle, BrodieBoi94, SVX and 3 others like this.
  4. Maccer_42

Maccer_42

Heres A few my latest. Thanks for the likes I got last time I posted in here =)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ddrizle, BrodieBoi94, Vince and 5 others like this.
  5. Astroboy2215

Astroboy2215

This is probably the hardest piece I have worked on. I really love how it came out!
    SketchGuru_20150609213106.jpg

Moon_k, Ddrizle, BrodieBoi94 and 5 others like this.
  6. AOS-

AOS- Premium

SVX, dxm8975, Maccer_42 and 1 other person like this.
  7. dxm8975

dxm8975 Premium

No worries, since I'm pretty much fond of your artworks and I'm anticipating to see more from you. :)

Maccer_42 and JockeP22 like this.
  8. dxm8975

dxm8975 Premium

Another graphite pencil drawing I drove for realism that I finished just one week ago but ended up being a mess(particularly the showing of the hair and the bottom part of the drawing). :sly:

IMG_20150609_041943.jpg

9. Maccer_42

Maccer_42

Thank you so much! It's much appreciated, more will come soon, camera button my phone unexpectedly stopped working :banghead: so cant take any photos of my sketches currently, I'm always in awe at your realistic portraits, very impressive!

dxm8975 and JockeP22 like this.
  10. dxm8975

dxm8975 Premium

Thanks for the compliment. :) I've been working on pencil portraits for like 1 year and a half, but I did like making doodles of anime characters / paintings in watercolours since my early childhood, and when I started focusing on them in earnest I followed exactly how other people/professional artists did in their each step to create their artworks. It took me about 3 or 4 months to get to that level ;)

JockeP22 likes this.
  11. dxm8975

dxm8975 Premium

One of my very first ones I made with a propelling pencil back in December, 2013... (Did it from an image on google I came across by chance while browsing the images of stunning Russian women :p)

IMG_20150621_082217.jpg

12. ECGadget

ECGadget

My first time drawing in over a year, and my first aircraft drawing in about three... I thought it turned out half decent. But I am terrible when it comes to colouring!

red8_1920.jpg

red8_colour_1920.jpg

What do you guys think? I may add a background to the coloured one at some point...

13. AOS-

AOS- Premium

Variation in line weights would be good for enhancing the drawing. :tup:

ECGadget likes this.
  14. ECGadget

ECGadget

I need practise :p

By that you do mean how strong the line looks, right? or do you mean the thickness? Or both? I am really clueless with art!

15. AOS-

AOS- Premium

Thickness can help define a line ~with strength~!

No but seriously, variation of line thicknesses will help increase appeal and keep your eyes more interested.

Here's an example I pulled off Pinterest:

[​IMG]

Thicker lines can be used to create a focal point while thin faded lines can be used to create the illusion of depth.

I apologize that I can only think of a car as an example, but I used to draw cars a lot so I picked up a lot of drawing techniques from design sketching and rendering.

[​IMG]

http://www.designertechniques.com/tutorials/mikaellugnegardtraditionalrendering01-page1.htm

I used to follow this tutorial before. Give her a read if you have a chance.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
    BrodieBoi94, Boffin, SVX and 3 others like this.
  16. ECGadget

ECGadget

@AOS- many thanks! I was trying that with the picture but it really didn't work xD

Maybe I should invest in some more pencils than the single HB?

What about the coloured one? I suppose with that it is all about the depth perception through shading right?

17. AOS-

AOS- Premium

The shading is to some extent a way to illustrate depth. Shading through my understanding of perceiving thing is a way to define the form* of something.

*Form meaning the 3-dimensional "shape" of something for a lack of a better term. All I remember being taught was "If it's 2D, it's called shapes. If it's 3D, it's called forms."

Some people have no problem with HB pencils alone, but personally, I dislike HB pencils the most. Drawing pencil starter kits are generally inexpensive, and what I suggest playing around with is hard pencils and the softs, like 4H, 2H, 4B and maybe even 6B. The black pencils are great for filling in value because they just rub into the paper so well. If you can get the hang of balancing dark sections with the white paper, you can get good contrast on your composition (like you see in that BMW pic above) which will further enhance the presence of form.

ECGadget likes this.
  18. ECGadget

ECGadget

@AOS- thank you so much for your help mate!
    I remember using a 4B and 4H pencil before many years ago in school where I did a tiny bit of art. And yes, I was hoping the shading would give the aircraft a little form as it were. Okay so one final question and I will stop bugging you: say I coloured that plane all in red. Would I be able to use a soft pencil on top of that to darken areas? I am guessing no unless I shaded it very lightly in red in the first place to leave untouched paper for the soft pencil to stick to?

19. AOS-

AOS- Premium

Generally speaking, that probably wouldn't look very good. You can add value by using a darker red. IIRC, blending a hue with its complimentary colour is a trick to get darker tones. I think it's done in mixing paint, so I can't see why it's not allowed with coloured pencils.

But heck- this is art in the end. If you do it anyway and manage to discover something new, I'd encourage it.

Cano and ECGadget like this.
  20. ECGadget

ECGadget

thanks again lol. Next task (whenever I do it) probably draw Concorde ^^

21. dxm8975

dxm8975 Premium

My another graphite pencil artwork still in progress. (Still on my way to drawing the textures of the hair, and adding the layer of shadings on the face of the sitter :) )

IMG_20150623_023813 (1).jpg

22. Astroboy2215

Astroboy2215

Made this for my dad for Father's day (couldn't give it to him on father's day because of project graduation)
    father's day.png

23. ImmalovemaGTR

ImmalovemaGTR

IMG_20150628_222251.jpg

A quick sketch I just did in about 50 minutes.
    For reference, look here

Ddrizle, BrodieBoi94, SVX and 3 others like this.
  24. Manasseh257NSX

Manasseh257NSX

Well you guys made me feel like I can't draw at all. Lol but I sketched this in college last year and put it on my door.

1435529954169637741560.jpg

BrodieBoi94, dxm8975 and Astroboy2215 like this.
  25. dxm8975

dxm8975 Premium

Not too bad for a 50 minutes sketch, but why did you feel like you wanted to choose that for your own drawing? :)

26. ImmalovemaGTR

ImmalovemaGTR

Don't know... I was bored and so I started to sketch. Also, I like KSP ans Scott Manley :)

27. dxm8975

dxm8975 Premium

Finished the work I posted here a week and a half back just now...., I tried using 10B of Mitsubishi uni high pencil for the first time to add dark values on the hair, and found that much easier to use compared to the 7B/8B pencils of Steadler made of carbon leads.

IMG_20150705_031512 (1).jpg

Ddrizle, Maccer_42 and SVX like this.
  28. JujiroMatsuda

JujiroMatsuda

It's been a while since last time I posted anything, here is a study I did on interesting character of movie Sucker Punch.

sucker_punch_minigun_samurai_study____colour_by_tamakinghini-d8yk3j5.jpg sucker_punch_minigun_samurai_process_by_tamakinghini-d8w3jxm.jpg

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  29. Maccer_42

Maccer_42

A few new ones from me, been slacking lately and haven't drawn too much recently.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit: adding in one more, did this one earlier today.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  30. Astroboy2215

Astroboy2215

Spent all day on this (I know this isn't a drawing)
    Emizel.jpg