PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,883 comments
Today is day off , raining ... going to drive the Audi Sport quattro S1 1987 to check. I definitely don't like dirt track in GT.
I think to do a 730PP to race against GR3 just for fun and see how far it can go.:lol::lol:

Tell me what do you think. Or others configurations... less dirt settings please.

Sorry i don't have any dirt setting , just because but i almost never drive on dirt. I suck for this driving , so consequently i suck for tuning for those of kinds of events. ;)
Just only one time. For this event during the "café" to win the cars , i put ride height max , suspensions minimum settings , 50%-50% 4WD , and it work than normal car. Enough to win the race and the car. I've stop here my dirt tuning. Good luck.

Normally the slowest turn of a circuit and where you have to set your 1st gear , is a kind of "Hairpin or slow curve" where you will find 2 things to resolve out of this turn , under acceleration.

-The optimum RPM in 1st gear at this moment you press the throttle to perform the optimum aceleration.
-If it's a lot of power to manage , you can spin when accelerate too early before you are inline. For this i set normally my 1st gear just before the RPM peak. Then when the full power is coming , my car is already inline to support the acceleration without spinning.

I just hope i was clear enough.:lol: Not easy for me. Good luck.

Hello . I'm far to be the best tuner around here. I just do a lot of cars that fit to a huge majority of drivers. I'm not an alien driver . I just like to pilot easy sane cars to have fun with. This is what my skills allow to do.
Alien or extreme fast drivers like more extreme settings to manage and pilot on the edge. I love this for an "time attack" one lap only but not for a normal race. I have to stay on the road first.

During some "Tuners events" in GT5 and GT6 , we did a blind competition between tuners , with fair results.
  • All tuners present discreetly by private message , a single car with same specs for the same conditions . Track , power , tires...
  • Test drivers , without knowing who tuner belong what car , will drive all the cars for some laps and publish their best lap time.

This was very fun for everybody. Tuners , testers , and all the peoples folowing this kind of events. A lot of tuners are still actives in GT7. Like @shaunm80 and some others.

Back to your wonderfull car. The fews problems you have are normal for a powerfull road car. The car seems already stiff enough , did you add chassis rigidity ?
Your acceleration LSD is very low , it's ok to manage better your throttle if it's too wild , but your initial torque at 5 let your differential fully open and let the torque spread between both wheels , messing with your driving line in my opinion.
When i have this kind of problems " by countersteering, the car darts the other way" , i like to raise the initial torque number to feel more drive under acceleration.

Try this and tell me. Have a good day.

You are an absolute genius
This works very well, now I can counter steering without problem.
Thank you very much

Thanks a lot @praiano63 for your effort,much appreciated :cheers:

If ANYONE has a tuning tip for the Ford GT LM (the test car or the white one) i would be very happy.I tried it with full downforce and played with the differential gear a bit but it keeps spinning like crazy when using it for lp800 (driving with wheel)

Thanks a lot @praiano63 for your effort,much appreciated :cheers:

If ANYONE has a tuning tip for the Ford GT LM (the test car or the white one) i would be very happy.I tried it with full downforce and played with the differential gear a bit but it keeps spinning like crazy when using it for lp800 (driving with wheel)
Man, I'm finding a ton of cars that are handling like dog crap, example the Lambo Huracin GR4. I've tried everything I can and cannot get that car to stop sliding around curves and corners. I can't understand why the grip isn't there.

I've even increased lateral G's by .10 on all 3 speed average's and it doesn't help at all....something is broken....

Tuning novice here, really enjoying this post and setup guides.
Question = when going from Hard tires to Soft tires, what specific component adjustments are needed, if any? For example, I was using praiano's McLaren 650S GR4 Hard tires I felt more grip than using Soft tires which shouldn't be the case(?). Maybe it's my wrong perception... but curious if any changes are needed between Hard vs Soft tires. I am using old nordschleife as a reference.
Thanks!
McLaren 650S GR4 - 630 PP - Racing Hard tires - All around (Stock Gearbox)

My top N°1 GR4 for the moment. Fantastic grip , +++ top speed , easy to drive , allow 100% attack safely . I've tried to build a gearbox without success , the stock gearbox is very performant and allow a very low PP = more power for 730PP.

Tuning novice here, really enjoying this post and setup guides.
Question = when going from Hard tires to Soft tires, what specific component adjustments are needed, if any? For example, I was using praiano's McLaren 650S GR4 Hard tires I felt more grip than using Soft tires which shouldn't be the case(?). Maybe it's my wrong perception... but curious if any changes are needed between Hard vs Soft tires. I am using old nordschleife as a reference.
Thanks!
When you put softer compounds , more grip = more mass transfered , longitudinaly (brake / accell) or lateral Gforce .
Normally when use a softer tire , you have to let your suspension stiffer (frequency in the game) same amount front and rear .
Sometime i use low LSD acceleration values with hard tires compound to prevent oversteer out corner (Normally with torquy cars). This can provoque understeer using softer tires. Then raise the LSD acceleration to compense this behavior.

Mercedes AMG GTR '17 - 700 PP - Sport soft or Racing hard Tires - All around
Extreme fast car at 700PP , very good to race against my Ford GT'06 or 911 '16. All at 700PP Racing tires have the same performance +- A real must to drive and to had in your garage.

NO Wide body
Rims 19" / Rim width Wide / Offset Wide
Front part A
Rear Wing : Custom.

You absolute legend..... can we expect an Aventador LP 750-4 SV '15 build anytime soon ? :)

When you put softer compounds , more grip = more mass transfered , longitudinaly (brake / accell) or lateral Gforce .
Normally when use a softer tire , you have to let your suspension stiffer (frequency in the game) same amount front and rear .
Sometime i use low LSD acceleration values with hard tires compound to prevent oversteer out corner (Normally with torquy cars). This can provoque understeer using softer tires. Then raise the LSD acceleration to compense this behavior.
Thanks for your feedback Praiano, appreciate it. Though I'm novice at this, your suggestions makes sense. I'm definitely looking forward to trialing those settings today. Thanks again!

It's the same suspension , LSD ..... Just need to max the power , longer gears (use only final gear if you don't want to build a new one)
I didn't publish it because it's 100% idem . Good luck.
@praiano63 you are a tuning god my friend! I finally got gold from Championship: World GT Series with hard difficulty and no assistant, thanks to your dodge viper suggestion.

Today is day off , raining ... going to drive the Audi Sport quattro S1 1987 to check. I definitely don't like dirt track in GT.
I think to do a 730PP to race against GR3 just for fun and see how far it can go.:lol::lol:

Tell me what do you think. Or others configurations... less dirt settings please.
I would LOVE to see you take a few of the Group B rally cars and turn them into tarmac racers. Keep up the good work, you're the best!

Big thanks for the Ferrari 308 tune, worked perfectly for me on the Ferrari menu book challenge.

If anyone else is using it don't make my mistake skimp on the wide body and tyres.

Once I did this it took several seconds off my lap time at Dragon and allowed a win instead of spinning off and finishing 5th.

Anyone else noticed the 1995 McLaren F1 GTR in the Daytona 730pp race?

That car isn't available to buy anywhere in the game, that I've seen.

Hello my friend. I let the normal body on because i think it's already a perfect shape . Nothing for increase this beauty.:)
About the wide offset and wide rims , when you select the offset , you can see clearly the difference of the wheelbase. I don't know how much more or less than with the wide body option. No way to measure anything... (Pictures?)
For the wide rims , it don't change the wheelbase. You can see that the inside border of the tire fit better fully the rims.

So to answer to the widebody or not , i think it's just pure aesthetic . Perhaps i will test this deeply in a couple of monthes after the rush i have to build cars for the garage.;)

Have a good day. ><((((°>°°°°
Thanks for your reply. I think wide body/wide rims might be more than just aesthetic; but as you say, more testing required to confirm.

My previous post was a bit confusing, what I meant to say was:-

I can't fit wide rims to this car, it won't let me select wide rims (normal is the only option). Can you please check if you have wide rims on your build? Perhaps the wide rim was a typo and you just have wide offset.

Thanks, J

I would LOVE to see you take a few of the Group B rally cars and turn them into tarmac racers. Keep up the good work, you're the best!
Already done for Audi quattro. 600PP / 700PP and 730PP to lap same as GR3 at SPA same PP. But this last one is very wild. Till 700PP it's a perfect drive.
Going to publish soon

Last edited:
Audi Sport Quattro S1 '87- 600 PP - Sport Medium Tires - All Track - 1.27
Top 600PP on Nordschleife with a 7:04 in my humbles hands.
It's ok for Tokyo too , i've posted a Sport Hard settings , because of the square box very bad aerodynamic even with more power the car is not so fast in straight. However the Sport medium tires are fantastics in the bends. This the way i prefer to drive it there. Up to you.

a1.jpg
a2.jpg
a3.jpg
a4.jpg

Here is the Sport Hard tires settings , same thing but the ECU and limiter have to be this way due to a kind of PP bug it seems.

a5.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
Anyone else noticed the 1995 McLaren F1 GTR in the Daytona 730pp race?

That car isn't available to buy anywhere in the game, that I've seen.
It'll probably show up in either Legends or Used dealership at some point. My bet is on Legendary shop.

Thanks for your reply. I think wide body/wide rims might be more than just aesthetic; but as you say, more testing required to confirm.

My previous post was a bit confusing, what I meant to say was:-

I can't fit wide rims to this car, it won't let me select wide rims (normal is the only option). Can you please check if you have wide rims on your build? Perhaps the wide rim was a typo and you just have wide offset.

Thanks, J
Try changing the rims to purchased ones or the size of the rims as well. 16 inch, 17 inch etc... I've noticed similar weirdness like that before. Change all the sizes in different orders too. Size, then width, then size again, then offset, etc etc May be bugged.

Stunning livery.

The 5+ speed timing is a bit sluggish for Tsukuba right?

I've gotten a car down to 3.84 but, whilst almost there I cant figure what's best to change to keep it 550 or under. I'm using GTO twin turbo. used the stock vw gti with soft tires, and I came 3nd first try. I think handling is the best way to go for that track you gain alot on opponents if you can get around those corners quick. I feel like I slide around way too much with any other tire.

Audi Sport Quattro S1 '87- 600 PP / 700PP / 730PP - Sport soft & racing hard Tires - All around
This car is a lot superior to any 600PP road cars . Excelent at 700PP against GR4 cars , a real pleasure to drive . Very reactive to any inputs under throttle , wheel and brake .
Well , i did an experience against GR3 at SPA. Same lap time at 730PP with racing hard tires , around 2:18.xxx . But it's extremely wild. :scared::scared::lol:

Here are 3 settings , 600PP , 700PP and 730PP. No gearbox settings , do your own . Easy no problem.
Only the 730PP , you'll have to add a mid range turbo compressor.

Hey bud you need to check out that audi Quattro from the used market. I did a quick tune for 600pp and ran a 59 second lap tsubuka, feels like it did it easy. Beat my best by 2 seconds and i grinded that track hard with others. The car feels like it could do better, it feels easy to get under a minute. Drives really nice, I think you will like this car praiano! 🚗 super cheap too

Hey bud you need to check out that audi Quattro from the used market. I did a quick tune for 600pp and ran a 59 second lap tsubuka, feels like it did it easy. Beat my best by 2 seconds and i grinded that track hard with others. The car feels like it could do better, it feels easy to get under a minute. Drives really nice, I think you will like this car praiano! 🚗 super cheap too
I bought it now.;)

I bought it now.;)
I put x 2 weight reduction, rigidity, and racing filter, racing exhaust, racing manifold, racing intercooler, computer, and low rpm turbo. Weight and power restrictor, racing clutch, racing tranny, custom lsd, and big bore kit. And I just copied your 2014 audi lsd settings, and stiffened up the springs some. And I made the 2nd and 3rd gears long I only hit 4th on the stretch, i think the gearing needs testing. Oh yea I put wide body and SS tires on and aero kit set to half and half. I believe she can run better with your magic.

You probly don't need to know this but this is the upgrades I had. I'm sure it could be greatly improved with your magic 🤟 keep doing your thing man love the tunes

does anyone have a tune for nations cup race 3 ? (deep forest) i have a nissan gtr but i cant set lap times under 1.32 . im about 5 seconds off the top 10 times. any help is appreciated , i am having hard time rotating the car at the hairpin .

Nissan GT-R Nismo GTR '13 - 730 PP - Racing hard tires - All around (SPA Gearbox)
This car is a real tanker boat with original settings. Now it's grippy , lot of power at very high RPM , when you accelerate out a corner , don't till the RPM limit , just short shift mid RPM bar. When on a straight line , full gas.
If you need to economize some gas for a race , you can low the power restrictor and let the ECU maximum setting . This way you can raise torque and low HP. Better for short shift economy race.

do you have gear settings for Sarthe-800 race, just gearing really. im trying to win in every car capable of getting 800pp. thanks in advance 😊

Already done for Audi quattro. 600PP / 700PP and 730PP to lap same as GR3 at SPA same PP. But this last one is very wild. Till 700PP it's a perfect drive.
Going to publish soon
Well that didn't take long! I tried your 600 tune and it is so enjoyable to drive that I'm going to leave it right there. Can't wait to see what you do with some of the other Group B cars, I think the Toyota 86 could end up being really special.

Ferrari Testarossa '91 - 550 PP - Sport Hard tires - All around tracks

Remembering when i went in the '90th in Miami , .Miami Vice was the top serial at the TV , i'd rent an old Chevy Impala to check the city of the legendery Sony Crocket and his Testarossa . Good time. :lol:.

View attachment 1130203View attachment 1130205
RIMS OFFSET WIDE
View attachment 1130206View attachment 1130207View attachment 1130208

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Hi Praiano, can I ask for some help please? I cannot get my gear ratios to match yours for the Testarossa tune. I see you have top speed set at 200kpm in your screenshot.

• If I set top speed to 200 (first screenshot), my ratios cannot get even close to yours. The lowest first gear can go for me is 3.118 but you have first gear at 2.670
  • If I leave top speed at 300 (second screenshot ), then I can match your ratios but the speeds are different.

What am I doing wrong? I know there is no transmission flip involved in GT7, but can you clarify the process that we should follow when trying to match your gearbox?

Question 1: When we match your gearbox, should we touch the "Top Speed" setting to match what is on your screenshot? Or do we ignore it?

Question 2: When we try to match your gear ratios, should we first adjust each ratio to your number and then afterwards adjust the Final gear?

Cheers!

Last edited:
Try changing the rims to purchased ones or the size of the rims as well. 16 inch, 17 inch etc... I've noticed similar weirdness like that before. Change all the sizes in different orders too. Size, then width, then size again, then offset, etc etc May be bugged.
Thanks, I had not come across any bugs with wheel width or sizing. What I have noticed is some cars will not allow wide rims or wide offset until you have done the wide body modification.

Update
I threw caution to the wind and did the non-reversible wide body mod; I was then able to fit wide rims. Also, after going back to the settings sheet, all of the stats now match Praiano's exactly.

@praiano63 perhaps you could check your Ferrari F12 Berlinetta '12 build, I believe it may have the wide body modification fitted. It is quite hard to tell visually, but GT Auto will tell all.

You would think it would be listed somewhere on the 'car settings sheets' - bloody Polyphony!!

Anyway, thanks again. Just used this tune to win the Nurburgring GP WTC 600 event!

Back