PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,937 comments
PSVR2 is back from the Sony repair shop. I think they've sent me a new one because it was very quick. I was waiting mid to end of february.
Fantastic. I did 2 Hours with it , no motion sikness at all , even on Brands Hatch or Nordschleife. I've never thought there were so much up and down on those tracks. Crazy how you can feel a slope or a climb. Very impressive.
It's a lot easy to correct a rear end slide , you can feel immediately what to do and no lag at all at the wheel , visually and feeling.
Easy to look very far in a slow turn or hairpin. Very real.
I still have to check the best settings , i saw a 120HZ option in menu or else. every is clear inside but far behind it's still a bit trouble.

My main problem after 2 hours was the heat. Here it's very hot and you need to close the windows for the room with no light. I think i'll play more by night with open window and the constant trade wind breeze or buying a little portable air conditioner soon. No way like this.

Like a kid. :cheers::gtpflag:
Great stuff! Glad to hear it. A fan blowing while driving a convertible is pretty awesome 😂
Its better if you play in a brighter room, the image is clearer, i found anyways.
And If you find in some cars you're too close to the wheel, push the function button on the head set, move your head forward and push the button again, your position will be changed. You might even need to sit forward for some cars, even crouch down in your chair until you find the sweet spot 😂 for me, in most cars I just tilt my head downwards before i "start" and it's in a good enough position. Holding down the options button will do the same trick, and It's the only way to adjust the position inside the car in the vr showroom.
Anyways, Enjoy 👍

I have to say i'm also 1 second slower on a 1:30 track. I think i just need to adapt myself. Question of time. I don't care about 1 sc anyway when the pleasure to drive is X100.
I'll buy a little portatil air , it's cheap for a little room like mine. Around 100$
It's 70 cm high only , it fit in front of my seat under the TV.
View attachment 1324783
Incredibile, it's the same of mine 🤣 I usually put the ice in the lillte bin. But it's not a problem right now, here in Italy it's quite cold, around 0 to 10 °C. Winter is the perfect season to play with psvr2 😁

Great stuff! Glad to hear it. A fan blowing while driving a convertible is pretty awesome 😂
Its better if you play in a brighter room, the image is clearer, i found anyways.
And If you find in some cars you're too close to the wheel, push the function button on the head set, move your head forward and push the button again, your position will be changed. You might even need to sit forward for some cars, even crouch down in your chair until you find the sweet spot 😂 for me, in most cars I just tilt my head downwards before i "start" and it's in a good enough position. Holding down the options button will do the same trick, and It's the only way to adjust the position inside the car in the vr showroom.
Anyways, Enjoy 👍
Yea I use that reset view button multiple times per session. PSVR2 has an option where it will map your TV and keep the view from drifting because the TV view keeps it stationary. My problem is I have my PS5 connected to my Computer monitor because it can do up to 144hz whereas my TV only does 4k at 60hz. And my computer monitor is not in view from my optimal seating position in my room. I actually have 2 monitors so it is nice to be able to have GTPlanet side-by-side when shopping for or working on cars. So I don't get the benefit of that option.

@praiano63 when you mentioned the 120hz option that is just for cinematic mode which is when it is displaying a 2d screen image. Not for the actual driving or the VR showroom. I would enable either way but it won't improve the image. The key thing with clarity is clean lenses (use microfiber cloth) and IPD positioning of the viewing sweet spot. I start every session by going to VR Quick settings>Adjust Image and making sure my IPD dial and headset position are perfect. Then I do a quick Enable Eye tracking test. That eye-tracking test is good for your vision in general and ensures the Foveated Rendering is working at its optimum capabilities.

So many great cars to try but be sure to check out a few of the VGT cars like Bugatti, McLaren, Chapparal 2X, Ferrari, and Lambo. Pretty much any Legend car is a treat in VR. Shoutout to the RA272 and Honda 2&4.

Hi mate what fuel map did you use the Ferrari on? Unless on fuel map 1 or 2 its painfully slow?

Scrap that I just got gold with fuel map 4 then 2 👍🏻😁
Lol. That's solid skills. I use Fuel Map 1 the whole race and pit after lap 12 for fuel. lol.

Usually, when it's set at 200 that means you need to do the tranny trick. Here is a video where he shows you how to do it. As long as the speed of each gear matches what it is in the image, then it doesn't matter what the top speed is on the previous page.

thank you trying to wrap my head around it atm and make sense of the video. Being new ive not heard of the trick or what it does

Re Amemiya FD3S RX-7 - Maxed 700PP - Racing Soft tires - Tsukuba - 1.42

Wing custom

My first setting using PSVR2. After hours of practice , i'm as fast as using the tv screen. Visual feed back is also very good to help to feel how the car move and how to correct any behavior using a specific setting parameter. A very instinctive way to do.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240202213706.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240202213716.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240202213725.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240202213733.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

I have to say i'm also 1 second slower on a 1:30 track. I think i just need to adapt myself. Question of time. I don't care about 1 sc anyway when the pleasure to drive is X100.
I'll buy a little portatil air , it's cheap for a little room like mine. Around 100$
It's 70 cm high only , it fit in front of my seat under the TV.
View attachment 1324783
It took me a few days on VR to become as fearless as I am on a screen, as soon as that clicked I immediately got way faster. The depth perception, ability to look into corners and properly perceive all the banks and hills made me a much more accurate driver. I'm not nearly as much a pilot as you are so you'll be breaking lap records soon.

It took me a few days on VR to become as fearless as I am on a screen, as soon as that clicked I immediately got way faster. The depth perception, ability to look into corners and properly perceive all the banks and hills made me a much more accurate driver. I'm not nearly as much a pilot as you are so you'll be breaking lap records soon.
Easy braking distance evaluation due to real speed sensation isvery accurate too. Some years ago , i was playing around 5 to 6 hours a day. I am not drive so since 3 years ago after my stroke , around 1 to 2 hours only. This is perfect for VR. I don't think i'll play with my TV screen again. 100% VR now.

PSVR2 is back from the Sony repair shop. I think they've sent me a new one because it was very quick. I was waiting mid to end of february.
Fantastic. I did 2 Hours with it , no motion sikness at all , even on Brands Hatch or Nordschleife. I've never thought there were so much up and down on those tracks. Crazy how you can feel a slope or a climb. Very impressive.
It's a lot easy to correct a rear end slide , you can feel immediately what to do and no lag at all at the wheel , visually and feeling.
Easy to look very far in a slow turn or hairpin. Very real.
I still have to check the best settings , i saw a 120HZ option in menu or else. every is clear inside but far behind it's still a bit trouble.

My main problem after 2 hours was the heat. Here it's very hot and you need to close the windows for the room with no light. I think i'll play more by night with open window and the constant trade wind breeze or buying a little portable air conditioner soon. No way like this.

Like a kid. :cheers::gtpflag:
A fan in front of you helps a lot for heat and also for motion sickness.
It tricks your brain into thinking you are moving forward since your skin feels air passing by.
It sounds stupid but it works. I have been playing VR since original PSVR came out and it really works.
Motion sickness comes from the fact that you are moving in the game but your brain has absolutely no other sensory signals that you are in fact moving. So it reacts by being disturbed and creating motion sickness.
The fan blowing air in your face adds the feeling or air blowing on your skin which makes your brain think you are actually moving and no more motion sickness

Last edited:
Discovering the PSVR2 , another step. Today for the first time , i went inside the PSVR2 section in the garage to check the cars. Inside and around checking any detail , what a fantastic trip. I stay here 2 hours looking my favorites cars. The 3 mechanics in the garage aren't look at you but if you try to touch a car , you feel they can tell you " Hey , do not touch the car , just looking ok ?" There is so much wonderfull cars , whit the DS 21 , i was in my oncle's cars in the 70' , every details .
Yes there is a few blur around you but if you set the VR well it's really not a problem , it's not the 4K you can see on a good TV , but to sit inside all those bolids is really amazing , what a great sensation.
I stay 20 minutes in love , looking the Ferrari Testarossa lines perfection.
If you're thinking about to buy a VR2 but you're in doubt .... Go buy your toy. This is the best money i've spent in GT since so much time.

Last edited:
Discovering the PSVR2 , another step. Today for the first time , i went inside the PSVR2 section in the garage to check the cars. Inside and around checking any detail , what a fantastic trip. I stay here 2 hours looking my favorites cars. The 3 mechanics in the garage aren't look at you but if you try to touch a car , you feel they can tell you " Hey , do not touch the car , just looking ok ?" There is so much wonderfull cars , whit the DS 21 , i was in my oncle's cars in the 70' , every details .
Yes there is a few blur around you but if you set the VR well it's really not a problem , it's not the 4K you can see on a good TV , but to sit inside all those bolids is really amazing , what a great sensation.
If you thinking about to but a VR2 but you're in doubt .... Go buy your toy. This is the best money i've spent in GT since so much time.
My favorite VR Showrooms are the outdoor ones. GT Cafe is cool but they don't rev the engines out of being polite. But San Galgano and The City of Arts and Sciences they rev the engine. You can see every detail of the vehicles. I like to fly over the top of the vehicle and also get close to the rims.

Honda RA272 '65 - 700PP - Racing Soft Tires - All Track -1.38

I've just add more grip on it , news physics after 1.29 allow it , the car stay sane. Perfect for Le Mans but can go any technical track too.
Congratulation to the livery to RUCCY46.

View attachment 1294449View attachment 1294450View attachment 1294451View attachment 1294452

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
When comparing friend's rankings I noticed a friend posted their best time in this vehicle on Human Comedy Alsace mission. Since I love the drive in VR I thought I would give this a shot. I was able to get Gold while driving FM1 and no pit stop for the entire hour. No changes to suspension or LSD.

For tires you need Comfort Medium in the Front and Comfort Soft in the rear. The medium lowers the PP so you can add more power. But the Soft have more grip to help give a little more speed. You just can't change the tires at a pit stop, but like I said, you can do this entire race with no pit stop and miniscule tire wear.

Copy Suspension and LSD from Praiano's tune and here are the other changes:

IMG_20240203_214349_(800_x_450_pixel).jpg
IMG_20240203_214435_(800_x_450_pixel).jpg

When comparing friend's rankings I noticed a friend posted their best time in this vehicle on Human Comedy Alsace mission. Since I love the drive in VR I thought I would give this a shot. I was able to get Gold while driving FM1 and no pit stop for the entire hour. No changes to suspension or LSD.

For tires you need Comfort Medium in the Front and Comfort Soft in the rear. The medium lowers the PP so you can add more power. But the Soft have more grip to help give a little more speed. You just can't change the tires at a pit stop, but like I said, you can do this entire race with no pit stop and miniscule tire wear.

View attachment 1325233View attachment 1325234
Any chance you could share the whole tune please so I can give it a go 🙏😁

My favorite VR Showrooms are the outdoor ones. GT Cafe is cool but they don't rev the engines out of being polite. But San Galgano and The City of Arts and Sciences they rev the engine. You can see every detail of the vehicles. I like to fly over the top of the vehicle and also get close to the rims.
I also check the wheels from very close. Incredible details. Also over the supercars with engines exposed , like Jaguar XJ220.

View attachment 1325233View attachment 1325234
I've checked this car now , it seems very good . You still can take out 1 kg ballast at 75kg , but due to the harder compoud at the front there is a lot of understeer using the 700PP or 600PP that use same 4 tires. Suspension and\or ballast position have to be changed. I'll check it later. If the car stay better and pleasant to drive , it can be a top car , if you mix lap time and driving pleasure. Thanks for the tip.

Any chance you could share the whole tune please so I can give it a go 🙏😁
So the rest of it is in that post I replied to. This one. You can copy that first. Then make the changes I posted. But Praiano may drop an even better version for the race later as far as steering goes. It takes a few laps to get used to the way I have it. But the speed is good so once you take the lead in the first half of the race you should keep the lead unless you go off track because you don't need a pit stop.

I'm interested to know what your favourite car is now for cockpit view.
I didn't drive enough cars to answer. Ferrari Enzo , McLaren F1 GTR RC , Jag XJ220 , DS 21 but perhaps the car i've spent more time till now is the Re Amemiya that excelent inside during you drive it.
I'll check the Honda RA272 later on Alsace 460PP , the wind shield stay right in the middle of your eyes , that's very bad. When you stay down in your seat before the begining of you drive , your body stay more high up in the cockpit , perhaps it will help.

If you're thinking about to buy a VR2 but you're in doubt .... Go buy your toy. This is the best money i've spent in GT since so much time.
I don't think i'll play with my TV screen again. 100% VR now.
@praiano63 I had the same experience, and have the same opinion. VR takes the game to an entirely new level and you can't go back to a flat TV.

I'm so happy you finally got yours working and that you're enjoying it as much as I and others do. (Only thing missing IMO is better data via the HUD in VR)

A couple of things you should try. Take the RA272 out to Mount Panorama and run it on "night" time in TT mode. The view is awesome from the top of the mountain both at night and when the sun comes up.

Grand Valley with an open seater is also pretty cool. Spa is also nice on the 24-hour race in VR

So many other great things in VR that I'm sure you'll be experiencing over the next few days. Have fun!

The thing that ruins the RA 272 cockpit view (for me) is the glare on that tiny windscreen.
With PSVR2 , before the countdown , just bend yourself for your head be a few lower and few more close to the wheel. Look straight to the screen , till begin the 3.2.1 . Then you can stand up at your normal position. You'll looking up the wind shield and you'll see your chest when looking down. The perfect position.
Only thing missing IMO is better data via the HUD in VR
100% ok. PD have to update the HUD . There is a lot of side space for this in the PSVR2 screen.

Question. When you set brake controller to -3 in this car and -5 in the Supra GR4, is that because you like front bias with racing soft tires?
This setting is not so influent . I just lost the rear end suddenly during strong braking for slow turn. Up to you.

Back