Project CARS 2 Rigs

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 180 comments
Excuse my ignorance but what's that? Motion under seat?!
Its a buttkicker, so its a tactile system.

Converts sound (from the low end of the spectrum) into vibration. So you get to feel the engine, rumble strips, gearshifts, etc.

I run one (different make but the same concept) and it makes a massive difference to the immersion when driving.

@Scaff: Great video. I have Aura Pros on my flight sim rig (and for the chairs in my home theater, too). Tactile transducers really add to the immersion in racing and flight sims, especially PCars and War Thunder (planes & tanks are crazy powerful when using a bass shaker).
IMG_0197.JPG
IMG_2125.JPG
IMG_2132.JPG
IMG_0130.JPG

Last edited:
An ever developing set up. Was running triple monitor but now using Rift.
Went from a G29 wheel and pedals to Fanatec CSW v2.5 and Heusinkveld pedals a few months ago. Not cheap but worth the money

IMG_1870.JPG
IMG_1244.JPG
IMG_1246.JPG
IMG_1769.JPG

Was running 5 screens at one point as used a small old monitor to act as a dashboard that was set up to be seen through the wheel. VR changed all that and would not go back to monitors.

Last edited:
Hi,
Has someone yet tested a curved TV to play and what is your opinion about ? is it a good solution to replace my normal flat tv or not and why if possible.
Than you for answer.

i built the richmotech t500 rs build that they sell and it is fantastic. Its a 30 dollar purchase, plus about 50? in materials and 40 for a 1998 Dodge Avenger driver seat.

20170918_211933.jpg
20170918_211951.jpg

This is mine. My neighbor had a playseat and a Logitech G25 wheel for Gran Turismo 5. He had let me try out out for a few months and then he moved to California. I was sold on the carseat and wheel experience, but my Driving Force GT wasn't going to cut it with the PS4, so I ordered a G29, bought a cloth driver seat from a wrecked 350Z off of Craigslist and built the frame from unistrut, brackets, supports and mdf. Material cost was under $200 for the seat ($40) and rig (approx. $150 with some bolts left over all from Lowes). I based the measurements off of a Ferrari 288 GTO (my dream car) cabin.

Last edited:
This is mine. My neighbor had a playseat and a Logitech G25 wheel for Gran Turismo 5. He had let me try out out for a few months and then he moved to California. I was sold on the carseat and wheel experience, but my Driving Force GT wasn't going to cut it with the PS4, so I ordered a G29, bought a cloth driver seat from a wrecked 350Z off of Craigslist and built the frame from unistrut, brackets, supports and mdf. Material cost was under $200 for the seat ($40) and rig (approx. $150 with some bolts left over all from Lowes). I based the measurements off of a Ferrari 288 GTO (my dream car) cabin.

Nice man but a quick tip: Why sit that far away from TV when you can sit closer!?
Go as close as possible till pedals hit that shelf. Doing that will allow you to increase your Field Of View (FOV) and race much better.
Imagine the TV is the real world outside while your seat is the actual car seat; do you sit that far away?!

EDIT: Unless you do sit closer but you took this pic when the rig was a bit further away.

Ps4 racer but thinking about ordering a desktop pc from msi mainly for vr. I have transducers under the seat and pedals running on a dedicated amplifier. Dedicated amp and speaker for crew chief app. Psvr. Human racing rig that I bought off Craigslist for $400 with a g27 wheel and pedal set attached, kept the pedals (modded with gteye 3 spring kit) and sold the wheel for $150. 50 inch TV (basic led) sitting directly on top of the wheel base.

Attachments

• 20171025_131408.jpg
    20171025_131408.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 20171025_131538.jpg
    20171025_131538.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 20171025_131439.jpg
    20171025_131439.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 42
Ps4 racer but thinking about ordering a desktop pc from msi mainly for vr. I have transducers under the seat and pedals running on a dedicated amplifier. Dedicated amp and speaker for crew chief app. Psvr. Human racing rig that I bought off Craigslist for $400 with a g27 wheel and pedal set attached, kept the pedals (modded with gteye 3 spring kit) and sold the wheel for $150. 50 inch TV (basic led) sitting directly on top of the wheel base.

Great job mate! I am planning to do something similar once I move house! My current house is way too small!

Question or request: Can you please try PC2 (and AC if you have it) in cinema/theater mode of the PS VR?!
I want to see how it goes, the experience, etc... And I want to know please how big the virtual screen (cinema) will be compared to what you see now on your real 50" TV!
I'm asking coz I want to get a bigger TV but it's gonna be expensive and I was thinking if using cinema mode in PS VR is a smarter idea! (I'll end up gaining a VR device after all and a huge virtual TV).
Thanks.

It's not bad, definitely playable but falls far short of even a regular led tv. I will however add that the vr experience in gt sport, while it is truncated, is extremely good. Not far off from the pc experience.

No pics but I am running a T500rs, pedals, TH8A shifter attached to a workbench (£17 from Homebase) with dining chair. The workbench provides a pretty solid mount and folds away behind the sofa when I am not using it so the kids can have their playroom back.

Hi,
Has someone yet tested a curved TV to play and what is your opinion about ? is it a good solution to replace my normal flat tv or not and why if possible.
Than you for answer.

DFB35D93-5A2D-4ED2-A023-D20BC362210C.jpeg

Just added a 43” Samsung KU7500 to my rig today. I like it. Not sure it’s really any better than a flat screen, but it looks good. I upgraded cause I found it on sale and wanted a 4K tv for the one x when I get it next month.

Thanks for the tip. That does improve my fov. I took that photo just after construction was completed and i was experimenting with location. I think the best spot is centered in front of the tv. After living with the setup for awhile, the only drawback is the weight, but the tradeoff is that it is durable and my 3 year old hasn't found a way to break it yet. I thought about building one from pvc, but didn't for that very reason.

Last edited:
Base: Thrustmaster T300
Wheel: Thrustmaster Alcantara Edition
Pedals: T3PA
Shifter: TH8A
Cockpit: Wheel Stand Pro + Ikea Poang chair.
Button box - generic USB numpad. I'll post some pics of it when I have fitted it with decals/stickers.
Screen: Samsung 40" LED 1080p TV. I'd like a bigger one really so that I can run a mathematically correct FOV that I'm comfortable with.

nw9ra5r1cuyz.jpg

I need to mount my pedals , and get a better chair but this works for now. Monitor is a cat leap 27” I think. Would really like a 42” 4K HDR in its place
Fanatec CSL elite PS4. PS4 Pro

Just replaced my Playseat Evolution with a GT Omega Pro RS9. This is quite an upgrade over the Playseat. In terms of comfort and adjustability, it's 100 times better. Couldn't sit in the Playseat for more than an hour or so before being in pain. I can race for hours on end in the GT Omega Pro.

Attachments

• IMG_0689.jpg
    IMG_0689.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 28
Back