Project CARS 2 Rigs

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 180 comments
Soon lol November 9

Daaaang... was hoping to have more time than a months notice, lol.

My son's bday is Oct 31st, then there's Christmas right around the corner with most purchases made in November to be ready to place under the tree... if only you had said like Feb or Mar cause I get quite the fancy bonus from work every March for the sum of about 8 grand.

Got the rig upgraded with the rear seat frame, RS9 seat and v2 shifter mount :D I've still got to make a proper monitor mount for it as the one I knocked together was only supposed to be temporary, plus it's a little high now, but I'm holding off on that because if I decide it's worth moving the ps4 pro every time I play I'll be buying a 4k tv to replace the HD one I'm using.

20170916_103449.jpg

Well... Here's my home wheelstand made from an old abdominal exercise table...
Main bar goes under the couch making it very stable.

The wheel is an T150, PSP holder for my mobile running pCarsDash & Dashmeter pro, personalised numeric usb keyboard as button box.

Now looking to upgrade in a very near future to an playseat challenge, T3PA pedals and TH8A shifter.

19td.jpg

3jrh.jpg

3jrg.jpg

3jri.jpg

Having acces to a 3d printer finally pays off!
Nice man! I thought about this idea quite a lot because I have no place to put my phone on!

In the end I dismissed it because I felt it will hinder my driving making it even more ugly :lol: and wheel movement/handling!
The added weight in 1 point might also affect the rotation!

Let us know how it goes for you!

My setup consists of a thrustmaster t80 and a wooden folding table.

I don't need to have a clutch pedal and a shifter to enjoy racing games personally, although it has been somewhat difficult to keep my pedals from moving, but I go with the table that I can afford.

I just wish the nicer racing wheel stands/rigs were not so damn overpriced.

*update*
I've surrendered to the inevitable and bought a reasonably priced 43" LG 4k hdr tv to add to the set up. It looks like the ps4 pro will be moving from room to room depending on what I'm playing ......
I really shouldn't be allowed out without a responsible adult :lol:

Attachments

• rig, v10.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 25
I'm trying to decide, what to upgrade first since I can really only do one at a time. PS4 Slim to PS4 Pro or 720p to 4K?

I'm trying to decide, what to upgrade first since I can really only do one at a time. PS4 Slim to PS4 Pro or 720p to 4K?
If I were you I'd upgrade to the 4k first, I had a session on pCars 1 earlier on the old ps4 connected to the new 4k tv and I was really quite surprised at how well it looked upscaled by the tv.

Nice man! I thought about this idea quite a lot because I have no place to put my phone on!

In the end I dismissed it because I felt it will hinder my driving making it even more ugly :lol: and wheel movement/handling!
The added weight in 1 point might also affect the rotation!

Let us know how it goes for you!

The weight isn't any issue, Maybe it has also got something to do with the fact i like tight steering. My t-300 is always hardware set to 1 blink-led. That way, less then one turn is Full lock. Made the bracket in tinkercad, used some furniture floor strips (you know, the ones under your chairs so they don't damage the floor) as soft background so my phone is kinda stuck in the bracket.

OK, finally got an updated picture.....

Current Specs as follows:
  • CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler
  • MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0)
  • RAM - ADATA 12GB 1600 DDR3
  • Video - Zotac GTX950 AMP! 2GB DDR5 (soon to be Zotac GTX1060 6GB Mini)
  • OS - Win10 Pro 64bit
  • SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE (OS only)
  • HDD - Western Digital 1TB (all Apps and Games)
  • Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, BMW M3 GT2 and Formula Black rims, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 shifter as standalone device using Teensy 2.0 as USB adapter
  • Monitors - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3, Samsung UN22D5000 24" LED
20170920_163147.jpg

The phone mounted to the wheel base and the tablet mounted above the button box both run pCARS Dash. Phone gives me standard Dashboard features, while tablet gives me running order and laptimes data.

Still need to finish the button box/tablet holder and paint it. It's a work in progress as I am trying to figure out an effective way to give the buttons a blue LED lighting for night races.

The seat is the only piece left of my trusty old 2005 Ford Focus that I had to scrap. Well, the seat and one Ford logo from the rear hatch ;)

The rig itself is all self built from wood and my own design. Loosely inspired by the Ricmotech DIY RS1

Currently pre-loading PC2 and can't wait to get stuck in. It's the only game I'll ever pre-order simply because of how it is made/funded.

I hope my rig holds out:

Intel i7 4790s 3.2GHz
GTX 960 4Gb
16Gb DDR4 RAM
MSN Z27 G3 motherboard? (decipher from that what you will, I can't remember the exact model)
Samsung 500Gb SSD
Porsche Design 2Tb HDD
BenQ 27in 1440p Monitor

T150 wheel
T3PA Pedals

I play the original Project CARS at full settings flawlessly and hope PC2 runs at least almost as well.

Alright.

Totally homemade. I used one of those office chairs that look like car seats for the seat. The party trick of this rig is that when the wife wants the guest room for guests (which is where I play) the whole thing folds up inside an ottoman (apart from the seat itself).

I wanted to make sure the driving position was right and I also wanted adjustability whilst maintaining rigidity which is what has taken the time.

Don't look too closely at the welds. Next steps are fine tuning the deck folding linkages, then finishing touches, painting, and building the ottoman. I have left space for a gear shift and handbrake but I don't have either right now.

I'll post more photos when done including folding up.

View attachment 670491 View attachment 670492

Ok, with about 2 hours until Project Cars 2 releases, my new rig is in a state fit to drive on. Still lots to do, like changing some bolts out for tool-less options and routing cables properly. Also still need to build the ottoman so you just have to use your imagination for now. And I need to make a keyboard stand. And the orange paint is supposed to be fluorescent but after I put it on I read that it needs to go over a white base coat which I didn't do, so I will respray it later.

Anyway, here are some pics. Looking forward to giving it a run with Pcars2 :D

20170921_212940.jpg

20170921_212948.jpg

20170921_213330.jpg

20170921_213527.jpg

20170921_213624.jpg
20170921_213744.jpg

Ok, with about 2 hours until Project Cars 2 releases, my new rig is in a state fit to drive on. Still lots to do, like changing some bolts out for tool-less options and routing cables properly. Also still need to build the ottoman so you just have to use your imagination for now. And I need to make a keyboard stand. And the orange paint is supposed to be fluorescent but after I put it on I read that it needs to go over a white base coat which I didn't do, so I will respray it later.

Anyway, here are some pics. Looking forward to giving it a run with Pcars2 :D

View attachment 674171
View attachment 674172
View attachment 674173
View attachment 674174
View attachment 674175 View attachment 674176

Some seriously impressive engineering right there. :bowdown::bowdown:

Some really impressive setups here! I really like seeing people's ingenuity / engineering skills.

Question for guys that are running triple screens: What GPU's are you using and what sort of frame rates are you achieving?

I've recently dusted off my wheel and got it working on my PC for the imminent release of PC2. My PC is pretty old (2500k @ 4.3 / GTX 670 2gb / 16gb), and ultimately want to go to three screens, so I'd love a bit of guidance on PC specs.

/thread hijack!

Some really impressive setups here! I really like seeing people's ingenuity / engineering skills.

Question for guys that are running triple screens: What GPU's are you using and what sort of frame rates are you achieving?

I've recently dusted off my wheel and got it working on my PC for the imminent release of PC2. My PC is pretty old (2500k @ 4.3 / GTX 670 2gb / 16gb), and ultimately want to go to three screens, so I'd love a bit of guidance on PC specs.

/thread hijack!

I'm running a Zotac GTX950 Amp! 2GB right now, with plans to upgrade to a Zotac GTX1060 Amp! 6GB. Current card is only a 2GB and I think that lack of VRAM is limiting me more than anything else with my quad screens.

I have most settings in pCARS1 on Medium, with a few on High and am running 55+ FPS in all conditions. 55 is in heavy rain/t-storms with 20 cars (mainly race online). In clear skies I get upwards of 80 FPS

/thread hijack!

Specs are in my sig. I can run AC at pretty much max settings and get a solid 90-100 FPS at 1080p/60hz on triple 27".

Triple BENQ 27" 144 Hz monitors on a Nvidia GTX 980 TI.
With most settings on high I get between 55 - 70 FPS (depending on the amount of cars and used weather.

Back