Project CARS 3 Announced, Arrives This Summer

• Thread starter Toyota GT1
  • 634 comments
PC3 in game play is not looking to good.
Just saw 1 & each time the driver hit a car in front AMG GT3 the rear wing fell off.
That's not good makes the game look toyish.
But it does say beta so time for improvement.
I do like the corner markers that be useful for practice.

So we loose a sim & gain another game

Last edited:
Honestly most of the community is judging the first gameplay video wrongly when it has been said that it was done with all assists on and probably played with a controller, just to showcase how improved it is compared to the other games in the series.

Regarding HUD icons and stuff, remember than in both PC1 and PC2 we could costumize it the way that we wanted it. Regarding no pit-stops in the game, as it's been said it makes no sense to pit on a 2 lap race and probably this was just a showcase of an early career race.

Interesting. Also proves that Fast and Furious is being made by 2 coffee boys on there weekend off.
rigby-mordecai-overwatch-760x428.jpg

Enhanced AI? Hmm...wonder what that means?

I got home last night and got a chance to watch the trailers again this time with the sound on and it definitely reminded me a lot of Shift. I've never played GRID so I can't make that comparison. I'm hoping all of those achievement things can be turned off because that's one element from Shift that I can do without.

With what they have shown and said so far we cannot conclude anything, just speculate, but i'm concerned, among other things, the closed pitlane and the lack of fuel and tire consumption indicators is not a good sign, i sincerely hope that they show another trailer as soon as possible with more details highlighting the simulation possibilities of the game, but it looks like they really decided to launch Shift 3..

but would you have an open pitlane for a 2 lap race though? its a beta, crowd are facing the wrong way, the rear wings just falling off under the slightest touch etc. loads to fix and or change before launch, too early to speculate at this point

Last edited:
I am kind of hyped for PC3. But I do have some concerns. Maybe because it's just a trailer but seeing GTE, GT3 and GT4 cars in the same race.. I don't like it. Also some cars look made up. Like the Viper with that weird rear spoiler.
Played both games and enjoyed it so probably will buy this one too.

Imo, looks like they are going the the simcade route as if they are trying to cater to less hardcore sim racer. Looks very GRID and SHIFT, I was hoping they would go the other direction more hardcore sim racer. All Pcars really needed was improved graphics, if they could look like GT It would be perfect!

Anyone else think the fact this game came out of nowhere with a release date, and is being launched in a time frame of ACC on console and F1 2020 like they are just shoving this title out the door so the studio can move on with another project?

Im also laughing that people think that they are going to carve a new niche or convince Forza or GT Sport players to move over to this title, even more so when a new Forza etc is to be released in November

So, from what we've seen in the trailer:
Tracks:
Autodromo de Interlagos
Havana (Street Circuit)
Shanghai (Street Circuit)
Tuscani (point to point?)
Monument Canyon (point to point)

8 locations left

Cars:
Alpine A110
Alpine A110 GT4
Audi TT Cup
Chevrolet Corvette C8
Chevrolet Corvette C8.R
Chevrolet Camaro GT4
Ford Mustang GT3 (?)
Dodge Challenger (I'd wager it's the Hellcat)
Dodge Challenger GT4 (unconfirmed 100%)
Dodge Viper GT3
Jaguar F-Type GT3
McLaren 570S GT4
Porsche 935 Concept
Porsche 911 Carrera S (992)
Toyota Supra

25 cars left

Anyone found any other cars/tracks so I'd add them? Also left question marks on cars I didn't know/not sure about

Last edited:
The feel of those gameplay clips definitely have more of an arcade vibe to it than the previous 2 Project Cars entries. However, I'm not going to reserve judgement yet until I actually see more gameplay footage. Things like the closed pit entry and even the increased sense of speed could easily just be gameplay options that can be turned off. With all of the options I had in PC2, that wouldn't surprise me.

If Ian Belle is right and the driving physics have only been improved over the previous entries along with the gamepad controls, this might become my favorite Project Cars game to date. Though I should note that I actually was fine with the gamepad controls with PC2, even on default settings. The only time I had trouble was when I drove vintage era race cars like the Ford Mk.4, but I just figured it was because it's an older race car. So, it's going to be harder to drive.

I do look forward to seeing more footage, I hope one of the new locations is another historic track.

Tracks:
Autodromo de Interlagos
Havana
Shanghai

10 locations left

Cars:
Alpine A110
Alpine A110 GT4
Chevrolet Corvette C8
Chevrolet Corvette C8.R
Chevrolet Camaro GT4/3 (?)
Ford Mustang GT3 (?)
Dodge Viper GT3
Porsche 935 Concept
2020 Porsche 911 (I'd guess it's the Turbo)
Toyota Supra

29 cars left

Anyone found any other cars/tracks so I'd add them? Also left question marks on cars I didn't know/not sure about
Monument Canyon https://www.ppe.pl/publicystyka/8972/project-cars-3-oficjalnie-na-ps4-xone-i-pc.html

Cars:
Alpine A110
Alpine A110 GT4
Chevrolet Corvette C8
Chevrolet Corvette C8.R
Chevrolet Camaro GT4/3 (?)
Ford Mustang GT3 (?)
Dodge Viper GT3
Porsche 935 Concept
2020 Porsche 911 (I'd guess it's the Turbo)
Toyota Supra

29 cars left

The Mustang seen so far is the same RTR Mustang GT4 from pCARS 2, the Camaro looks like a proper Camaro GT4. I remember seeing a F-Type GT3 (it looks wider and has bigger spoiler than usual GT4) and a possibly a 570S GT4 too. The Challenger seen at the road car race part looks like a 2015 Hellcat while the yellow one later in the trailer among the others in the grid looks like a fictional GT4 but seems to have the Demon or Hellcat Redeye wide body. The Porsche 911 (992) looks like the same Carrera S that Forza has. There is a Audi TT Cup too.

but would you have an open pitlane for a 2 lap race though? its a beta, crowd are facing the wrong way, the rear wings just falling off under the slightest touch etc. loads to fix and or change before launch, too early to speculate at this point
The pitlane was never closed for PCARS2 or PCARS1 footage and if it was open, you'd think it would be unnecessary work to put barriers on entry and exit.

I can't quite read Polish... could you elaborate more? I haven't seen it properly (road tracks resemble California Highway/Azure Coast IMO)

The Mustang seen so far is the same RTR Mustang GT4 from pCARS 2, the Camaro looks like a proper Camaro GT4. I remember seeing a F-Type GT3 (it looks wider and has bigger spoiler than usual GT4) and a possibly a 570S GT4 too. The Challenger seen at the road car race part looks like a 2015 Hellcat while the yellow one later in the trailer among the others in the grid looks like a fictional GT4 but seems to have the Demon or Hellcat Redeye wide body. The Porsche 911 (992) looks like the same Carrera S that Forza has. There is a Audi TT Cup too.
Added. Thanks! I remember seeing the Audi, Jaguar, and McLaren but it seems like they went off my mind lol

The pitlane was never closed for PCARS2 or PCARS1 footage and if it was open, you'd think it would be unnecessary work to put barriers on entry and exit.
That's why I figured it's not because they're incomplete. It must be a feature for use in races like those.

It would also be unnecessary work to put in the effort to scrap a feature that Madness relies upon heavily, from car spawning to the race weekend format. Think about it, man.

I can't quite read Polish... could you elaborate more? I haven't seen it properly (road tracks resemble California Highway/Azure Coast IMO)

Added. Thanks! I remember seeing the Audi, Jaguar, and McLaren but it seems like they went off my mind lol
Monument Canyon and Tuscany are also mentioned in a Spanish press.
Esta tercera parte heredará mucho del repertorio de la segunda, al que, por supuesto, se le sumará mucho contenido nuevo. Por un lado, el garaje contendrá más de 200 coches de múltiples disciplinas, de los cuales 40 serán nuevos. Por otro lado, el número de localizaciones se situará en torno a las 60, de las cuales trece serán nuevas y que se dividirán entre circuitos clásicos (como Interlagos), carreteras por entornos naturales (como una ambientada en la Toscana y otra en Monument Canyon) y, esto es novedad, circuitos improvisados por las calles de algunas ciudades. Concretamente, pudimos ver dos: uno en Shanghái y otro en La Habana, ambos muy familiares…
Translate by Google
This third part will inherit a lot from the repertoire of the second, to which, of course, a lot of new content will be added. On the one hand, the garage will contain more than 200 cars from multiple disciplines, of which 40 will be new. On the other hand, the number of locations will be around 60, of which thirteen will be new and will be divided between classic circuits (such as Interlagos), roads through natural environments (such as one set in Tuscany and another in Monument Canyon ) and, this is a novelty, improvised circuits through the streets of some cities. Specifically, we could see two: one in Shanghai and the other in Havana, both very familiar ...

https://www.hobbyconsolas.com/repor...siones-nuevo-simulador-ps4-xbox-one-pc-652955

Assetto Corsa was a bit of a gold standard for mod support but Kunos has gone in entirely in the opposite direction with Assetto Corsa Competizione

ACC have done it this way to probably have more control over the eSport scheme and not let any suspicious modding affect the standings.

Given that PC1 and PC2 are long past being end of life there is zero chance SMS are going to spend time releasing updates to support the mod community.

Ask nothing, get nothing

Going through the trailer on a larger screen, I've spotted a few things.

The Porsche 935 in the trailer has the Porsche 70 logo on the side making me think it's the new version 935 rather than the old and I've found the Ford GT and a version of the Aston Martin GT3.

Nah. They're just butthurt because the trailer seemed arcade-y. For me, I'm glad PC3 seems to be taking the simcade direction in terms of fun. Hope this title gains the right following like GT and Forza. Like someone said, this looks like a fusion between Driveclub, GRID and NFS Shift, which is damn good in my book!

Oh btw, @IanBell. If you can answer this question. Is this game going to feature CarRPG elements? Please say yes! :embarrassed:
Yeah, and PCars, to me, wasn't really a full sim racer tbh, you had Asseto Corsa or iRacing which in terms of physics, following my acknowledge, are far superior than PCars. I'm glad that SMS will take the approach of giving a more arcade gameplay, too! I used to have a lot of fun with NFS Shift.

Back