Project CARS 3 Announced, Arrives This Summer

• Thread starter Toyota GT1
  • 634 comments
Somethings going on with pitstops. Its an old feature, why wouldn't Ian or anyone from the team simply say "of course they're returning."

My money is on them being gone.

Or they have modified them slightly? Simplify? I would like PitStops like in GT Sport.

But yeah. I still have worries about them. Saying "we had made some decisions about that" doesn't sound too convincing.

Same game director as DriveClub and Motorstorm...

Although I purchased Project Cars 2 and slightly regretted it after taking 3days to configure my controller setting to work on it, I did have some fun times on that game, the class system was better, The Epic sounding title song/menu music, cars were cool, nice classic motors, physics weren't so bad and involving on most of the real life circuits they had.

I just hope that PCars3 is a vast improvement, but still gutted there's no DriveClub 2 as that could have been the superior game to all, graphically and physics wise. But I am glad that the game director put some of his expertise into this to make this better than PCars2 and pit stops are there also. :odd:

Just have to wait and see when it launches and take it for test drive.

Or they have modified them slightly? Simplify? I would like PitStops like in GT Sport.

But yeah. I still have worries about them. Saying "we had made some decisions about that" doesn't sound too convincing.
Oh, did they say that. I didnt catch that. Well, to your point then, they've done something they know fans won't like.

Oh, did they say that. I didnt catch that. Well, to your point then, they've done something they know fans won't like.

It can be "no pitstops on career mode"

But completely lack of them would have no sens with words that every aspect of sim is still there and added many requested ones...

I hope they will clarify it quickly.
Maybe they simplified them like in GT Sport that would still be nice in my opinion. But Sim purists would be mad with no option of Manual PitStops etc.

I think it has the potential to be a lot of fun, but I’m not sure if I’d have time to play both this and the next Gran Turismo game, so unfortunately, I think I’ll be sticking with the latter when it comes out, if only because I feel more familiar with it, and I like what I’ve usually experienced with GT. That said, I wish Project Cars 3 the best, and hopefully it’ll be a notable commercial success for Slightly Mad Studios. If I could somehow slow down time or something, I might seriously consider Project Cars 3, otherwise.

It can be "no pitstops on career mode"

But completely lack of them would have no sens with words that every aspect of sim is still there and added many requested ones...

I hope they will clarify it quickly.
Maybe they simplified them like in GT Sport that would still be nice in my opinion. But Sim purists would be mad with no option of Manual PitStops etc.

Really dont see why pit stops is an issue, whats funny is there is no information either way about it so why flap yet? . If there were to be pit stops they would only be required in open wheel racing and endurance events which would be at the back end of the career mode anyway...

I don't know why they removed my previous note, but here it goes again, flag system, tire change, refueling, among other things, go far beyond simulation, make the race more immersive and dynamic, consequently more fun for some people, games considered arcades like GT Sport does this reasonably well and that's why it was a success and keeps its captive audience entertained even today, if they want to make the game more democratic, fine, it’s fair, but start teaching people more or less how a race works, not the contrary, i think it’s a mistake to take these things out of the game, this justification is a lure only to make people think that these elements are not relevant in a game, i understand that for a portion of the public it can be, but for others it is not..

Really dont see why pit stops is an issue, whats funny is there is no information either way about it so why flap yet? . If there were to be pit stops they would only be required in open wheel racing and endurance events which would be at the back end of the career mode anyway...

I don't know why they removed my previous note, but here it goes again, flag system, tire change, refueling, among other things, go far beyond simulation, make the race more immersive and dynamic, consequently more fun for some people, games considered arcades like GT Sport does this reasonably well and that's why it was a success and keeps its captive audience entertained even today, if they want to make the game more democratic, fine, it’s fair, but start teaching people more or less how a race works, not the contrary, i think it’s a mistake to take these things out of the game, this justification is a lure only to make people think that these elements are not relevant in a game, i understand that for a portion of the public it can be, but for others it is not..

^this and this

I even wanted to have Pit-Stops in GRID Game. Even with it's full arcadiness. Pit-Stops adds strategy and interesting gameplay. If they removed it from PCars 3 it would be very bad decision... and make some statements about having all sim options in this game not real.

(also both Forza and GT has pit-stops... it would be really bad for PCars 3 to not have this)

BTW. I remember that even old Sega Arcade games had pit-stops in some way...

If you think about it this way, pit stops have been in Gran Turismo for a long time, but when do you even use them outside of those really long endurance races that 96% of players probably don’t touch?

If dynamic weather, custom races and a day/night cycle have been confirmed it wouldn’t make any sense to not have pit stops. You need pit stops in those situations for a race with changing conditions to work properly.

If dynamic weather, custom races and a day/night cycle have been confirmed it wouldn’t make any sense to not have pit stops. You need pit stops in those situations for a race with changing conditions to work properly.
The problem is when you see a closed pitlane in the only in-game footage you see, it can make you think that would be the case.

This is my favorite video so far. Video and information from his conversations with the PC3 team

So watching that has given me personally nothing positive. It's reminded me how horrible the racing UI is, it's reinforcing the emphasis on credits/XP/unlocking which are all just... ugh.

I hate all that "Clean Overtake" "Perfect Line" stuff popping up mid race.

The new thing is the extra detail on the Rivals feature. Now this dould be me mis/over interpreting here, but it sounds to me like that is going to replace time trial mode, and that bothers me a lot. I mean fine, if they want to have ranks/divisions/whatever then ok, but I really just want to get into TT mode, choose my car & track, and see where I am on the overall leaderboard for that combo. I very much hope that option remains, it's what I do more than anything else in PC2.

We literally built it from scratch using a team we paid to laser scan it.

Thank you for still going the laser scan route in order to offer finesse and accuracy and making as we actually were experiencing the real deal!

Hopefully, someday we will be able to use laserscan/photogrammetry directly in game without the need to reduce massively polycount (a bit like what Unreal Engine V is doing with Nanite and Quixel). I don't mind working with some assets, techniques, etc from Codemasters though if it is for a greater good (realism and beauty being the aim here).

^this and this

I even wanted to have Pit-Stops in GRID Game. Even with it's full arcadiness. Pit-Stops adds strategy and interesting gameplay. If they removed it from PCars 3 it would be very bad decision... and make some statements about having all sim options in this game not real.

(also both Forza and GT has pit-stops... it would be really bad for PCars 3 to not have this)

BTW. I remember that even old Sega Arcade games had pit-stops in some way...

Never played that game - pretty dang good pit stop amination - heck even better then most games today.

So watching that has given me personally nothing positive. It's reminded me how horrible the racing UI is, it's reinforcing the emphasis on credits/XP/unlocking which are all just... ugh.

I hate all that "Clean Overtake" "Perfect Line" stuff popping up mid race.

The new thing is the extra detail on the Rivals feature. Now this dould be me mis/over interpreting here, but it sounds to me like that is going to replace time trial mode, and that bothers me a lot. I mean fine, if they want to have ranks/divisions/whatever then ok, but I really just want to get into TT mode, choose my car & track, and see where I am on the overall leaderboard for that combo. I very much hope that option remains, it's what I do more than anything else in PC2.
I agree with you, ACC did something similar, but it is in the right corner of the screen at the top, very discreet and it doesn't bother, if they manage to implement something similar in their HUD, they would leave the map with a cleaner, beautiful and functional design..

@gregc You hate those pop ups because you don't need them. The answer is to not use them

I have a friend who is seriously considering getting in to sim racing. He would need them, at least for a short while, as he learns

Heck, if I'm struggling with a certain aspect of my racing, I may turn these on in order to "train". I would certainly not use them in career mode or when setting up custom races.

You're likely skilled/experienced enough to where you would make no use of them at all and that's cool. But, consider this:

If you play online would you not be grateful for these tutorial type pop ups if they help to make the opponents you'll face, better drivers? In that case, it would enhance your experience, no?

They have stated as many times as they could that they want to pull in casual racers who may have been intimidated by the difficulty of PC2 and teach them how to become capable sim racers over time.

What's the point of the fancy weather system and livetrack if it can't start raining during a race because you can't make a pitstop and change to wet tyres?
Pitstops have to be available for online multiplayer.

What's the point of the fancy weather system and livetrack if it can't start raining during a race because you can't make a pitstop and change to wet tyres?
Pitstops have to be available for online multiplayer.

Everybody knows that.... But this... sounds wierd and confusing.

32da4b04-aa94-47bc-890b-1590b48921dd-png.927593

The thing with closed pitlanes is it doesn't just mean no pitstops. It means you cannot start from the garage/pitlane. So no practice and no qualifying, not just no pitstops.

However, after all the work SMS put into pitstops for PC2 - animated pitcrew and some new features not in other titles such as no unsafe release (a bit flaky but a nice feature IMO especially if it works 100%) and penalties for crossing the pitlane exit lane - it would seem to completely defy logic for no pitstops in PC3.

Is everyone seriously going to ramble on about pitstops in something that we haven't even seen. Of course it's going to have pitstops or else it would be the biggest fail of a successor to TAKE AWAY features in something supposedly touted as "better than before". Page after page about pitstops.
sludgepal.gif

So let me get this straight.... Ian says they fully laser scanned the entirety of Interlagos yet they didnt scan Pit Road apparently.

Totally still a sim folks :rolleyes:

Back