Project CARS 3 Announced, Arrives This Summer

• Thread starter Toyota GT1
  • 634 comments
It is also a novelty that we didn't get two parts of Gran Turismo per generation ;) I think it is possible it was pushed to be launch title for PS5

It would fit quite well if it was a launch title to be honest. The popularity of Sport with the esport side of things has propelled the next GT title to potentiallybe a dominating racer on console... especially if we have Sport & Simulation modes in one game, like the old Arcade & Simulation modes.

Then when you consider the racer they chose to launch with the PS4 was Drive Club and the absolute horror show that was at first...I can imagine Sony would be keen to not make that mistake twice.

And then when you take the logo being 'leaked' a month ago... It could be a generic image... but that was the first time that logo bit the internet. That's VERY early for a November 2021 release... but very timely for a launch title that was being unveiled a month and a half later

Especially with how much this generational change is blurring the line for the x86 twins, hasn't GT Sport already been laying groundwork for GT7? They claimed they "future-proofed" their models before, but this time is different.

I'm curious how many cars could be waiting in the wings that just aren't that great of a fit for a competitive esports game. Not that I'm unaware of the oddballs already in GTS.

I'm curious how many cars could be waiting in the wings that just aren't that great of a fit for a competitive esports game. Not that I'm unaware of the oddballs already in GTS.

That's probably one of them!

2020-Honda-Fit-.1.-1.jpg

:P

Underwhelming trailer to be honest, this looks as bland and boring as GRID, and that was the biggest racing game disaster of 2019.

Did they go full arcade as well? I saw a “Perfect corner 1/10” in a screenshot. Ooh god.... :embarrassed:

interest level 1/10. And that 1 is ONLY because FM7 and GT:Sport are years old with no successor yet.

Underwhelming trailer to be honest, this looks as bland and boring as GRID, and that was the biggest racing game disaster of 2019.

Did they go full arcade as well? I saw a “Perfect corner 1/10” in a screenshot. Ooh god.... :embarrassed:

interest level 1/10. And that 1 is ONLY because FM7 and GT:Sport are years old with no successor yet.

Oh look another one. Have you read anything about the game or have you watched 6 seconds of it and decided its ridge racer?

As far as I can tell all of the arcade-style fluff can be turned off. It seems that they are making efforts to open up the sim market to the more casual racing game player whilst not compromising on any of the sim-iness.

Certainly, it wasn't the epic trailers we are used to but it seems they are trying to appeal to the Forza player initially, hopefully, in the future, we'll see some of the classic style trailers of PC1 and 2

It seems first impressions have put some people off, SMS are going to have a bit of an uphill struggle to convince many formerly loyal fans that this is still the game they know and love.

For me, I'm going to reserve judgement until I get my hands on it. Unless something comes up that really puts me off, I know I'm going to play it anyway. If by any chance I'm disappointed I'll probably turn to AMS2 or Raceroom as I've enjoyed those quite a bit when I've played them.

As far as I can tell all of the arcade-style fluff can be turned off. It seems that they are making efforts to open up the sim market to the more casual racing game player whilst not compromising on any of the sim-iness.

Certainly, it wasn't the epic trailers we are used to but it seems they are trying to appeal to the Forza player initially, hopefully, in the future, we'll see some of the classic style trailers of PC1 and 2

It seems first impressions have put some people off, SMS are going to have a bit of an uphill struggle to convince many formerly loyal fans that this is still the game they know and love.

For me, I'm going to reserve judgement until I get my hands on it. Unless something comes up that really puts me off, I know I'm going to play it anyway. If by any chance I'm disappointed I'll probably turn to AMS2 or Raceroom as I've enjoyed those quite a bit when I've played them.

Here's a thing. Seeing you mention AMS2 got me thinking that there's a title I haven't really been paying attention to, that I probably should be - it's using the PC2 engine as a base after all, which for me as a fan of PC2 is a good thing. So I've just been having a bit of a dive into what content it's got, what's planned for the future, watched a couple of bits on Youtube (GamerMuscle has a good one answering questions people he''s been asked, which also serves as a bit of a mini review of the game at that point in early access) and as a result of all that, I'm defiinitely getting it.

So indirectly, via this thread, the PC3 announcement has got me hyped. Just for the wrong game :lol:

Sorry if posted already...

Project CARS

@projectcarsgame

·
4h

LiveTrack is back and beautiful as ever with all 4-seasons, all-weather conditions authentically affecting handling and grip. Snow in winter? Rain on the streets of Shanghai? Summer storm at Interlagos? It’s all in #ProjectCARS3, the way you like it.

ABS, Stability, and Traction Control are now more effective and aligned with how they work in the real-world. Their settings allows all players, from rookies and veterans, to fine-tune the handling for individual needs in #ProjectCARS3

Hey Tank! Been a long time! :)

I get what you are saying, there are plenty of games where the initial impression is massively underwhelming and I end up buying them anyway, only to be disappointed again (GRID is a fine example). So I might end up getting the game as well but for now, I’m not interested, not even to follow up the news on it. I also saw the GT7 reveal a few days ago, that looked a lot more interesting than the PC3 trailer IMO.

I haven’t bought many new games recently. I think the only game I bought this year is SnowRunner, having a lot of fun with that. For what’s coming later this year AC Valhalla is the one I’m looking forward to the most, also Horizon 2 (not the racing game, the Zero Dawn thing) and then maybe Cyberpunk. Yep, not a single racing game in my top 3.

Also with this lockdown madness I actually picked up on childhood memories from decades ago, bought a couple of small LEGO sets (Speed Champion cars) to start with, but this quickly grew into a full blown hobby, even bought the 7000+ bricks Millenium Falcon. And a bunch of LEGO pirate ships, I never knew next to cars I also like pirate ships, yaaaarrrr!! I guess your alter ego hobby are the Tanks. :)

Now that quarantine rules are dropping left and right, starting to focus on social life more again. Going to buy an inflatable kayak this weekend and combined with the camping gear and tent I already have from festivals, this will make for some fine holiday equipment.

Back on racing games the only thing I still seem to do is the habbit of getting the daily/weekly rewards in GT Sport, FH4 and The Crew 2. Screw those live service content drip feeding systems, I hate those with a passion. If only we could go back to having a FULL game at launch and maybe an expansion pack after a year or so.

Bonus features for Project CARS 3 include:

The Asian All Stars Pack - With Ken Watanabe, Ming Na Wen, Ziyi Zhang, Michelle Yeoh, Donnie Yen, Gemma Chan and others.

The Star Wars Pack: With Laura Dern, Bryce Dallas Howard, Daisy Ridley and others

Narrated by former MotorTrend host Jason Cammisa.

The Asian All Stars Pack - With Ken Watanabe, Ming Na Wen, Ziyi Zhang, Michelle Yeoh, Donnie Yen, Gemma Chan and others.

The Star Wars Pack: With Laura Dern, Bryce Dallas Howard, Daisy Ridley and others

are you confusing with Forza ? I dont see this happening on PC3, but i am not against it...

Source ?

What kind of bonus features are these? these are mostly just names of actors.

What kind of bonus features are these? these are mostly just names of actors.
That's the Stars in Cars Toyota Long Beach Pack. Get yours today for only $19.95. Yes! $19.95.*

*subjecttoavailabilitynotresposibleforthosethatbelievethisisarealthing

That's the Stars in Cars Toyota Long Beach Pack. Get yours today for only $19.95. Yes! $19.95.*

*subjecttoavailabilitynotresposibleforthosethatbelievethisisarealthing

Even if it is real, that is a pointless pack of AI names and liveries.

It’s wild speculation. Don’t count on it.

More like made up than speculation, at least speculation has some bits of evidence.

Hmm yeah I didn't think about the Indy Cars, they were licensed in PC2 weren't they?

pCARS 2 has 2016 Indycar series license, will be nice to see it updated to a newer one.

I actually posted this in another thread, but thought it might have a better chance of getting an actual, knowledgeable response here. My question is serious, even though I realize I’ve let my emotions bleed through a bit and it got a bit “editorialized.”

I really don’t understand the Project Cars 3 release timing. PC2 graphics suffered compared to other sim titles because SMS exhausted the performance of current generation consoles. Focus was placed on physics, track evolution, dynamic weather, tire modeling, and AI. All the things that made PC2 an amazing game to race in, both multiplayer and solo. In fact, I was one of the few that defended SMS saying I’d gladly take improved performance over graphics (which really weren’t as bad as many made them out to be). True, GT Sport was prettier, but racing in PCars 2 was/is so much more gratifying. Especially from a single player perspective. AI actually race side by side instead of the old, very tired, catch the rabbit, rubber banding garbage.

So, if PC3 has a “summer 2020 release,” then it’s fair to say it will be an XBOX One/PS4 title. What has been sacrificed in order to release a “better” game without adding any processing power? Frankly, I was most looking forward to a PS5 release in order to see what SMS could do with more processing power. So it’s my opinion SMS isn’t making sims anymore - they’re just following orders given by Codemasters, which wants to make a game - not a sim. But hey, for $30 million, I’d probably sell my life’s work too.

Maybe there’s another visionary out there like Ian Bell used to be, and hopefully they’re building their dream sim. But for now, I’m actually more excited about Gran Turismo 7 than Project Cars 3 - something I never envisioned myself saying a year ago.

Hi @Gr8_Lakes - this is a response although not a knowledgeable one as I have no special knowledge about anything!

I presume the release has been timed to coincide with peak sales of the PS4 with PC4 / Revolution delayed until PS5 has sold plenty of consoles and created a big enough market.

Presumably SMS / Codemasters have found a way to optimize the game code to run more efficiently on the PS4 and / or they have simplified something / or things - the blurb mentions a new tyre model so perhaps that has been simplified.

I'm equally surprised by the timing and had assumed that PC3 / Revolution would be a next generation game, however if it is good and enables me to delay splashing out on a PS5, then I will be pleased.

I know that the reveal was botched and happened too early, but I have been surprised by the lack of information from SMS about the game considering the short amount of time left if it is actually to be a summer release.

Back