Project CARS 3 Announced, Arrives This Summer

• Thread starter Toyota GT1
  • 634 comments
Heck, even in my old 1988 racing game had pitstop for refuelling!

0ea524326fdd19b0b1322d8487adc7b4.jpg

road-race-tiger-electronics-lcd_1_d31abe5ab936bff33a57a38080648a3e.jpg

road-race-tiger-electronics-lcd_1_d31abe5ab936bff33a57a38080648a3e.jpg

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/road-race-tiger-electronics-lcd-1801799891

Last edited:
Ian Bell and team, I bought Project Cars 1 and 2 on day ONE. I cannot and will not allow myself to purchase P Cars 3 on day one. Not in this universe; but maybe in a parallel universe.

I enjoy your games but I personally will require a demo if I am to buy the game.

Thank you. We are very excited and hopeful.

@gregc You hate those pop ups because you don't need them. The answer is to not use them

I have a friend who is seriously considering getting in to sim racing. He would need them, at least for a short while, as he learns

Heck, if I'm struggling with a certain aspect of my racing, I may turn these on in order to "train". I would certainly not use them in career mode or when setting up custom races.

You're likely skilled/experienced enough to where you would make no use of them at all and that's cool. But, consider this:

If you play online would you not be grateful for these tutorial type pop ups if they help to make the opponents you'll face, better drivers? In that case, it would enhance your experience, no?

They have stated as many times as they could that they want to pull in casual racers who may have been intimidated by the difficulty of PC2 and teach them how to become capable sim racers over time.

All perfectly valid, and as long as I can turn off the notifications without having to turn off the HUD completely then that will be fine. But for your friend, or yourself (or me!) for training purposes don't the corner entry/apex/exit markers or a driving line better serve that purpose?

Source for that? Or is just the "because the pit lane has been seen to be blocked off, they obviously didn't scan it" conflation?

I don't know... maybe they messed up one thing...

When IanBell talked about scanning Interlagos, i asked with a joke "did they also scanned pit-stop?"

Maybe somebody didn't understand that xD

All perfectly valid, and as long as I can turn off the notifications without having to turn off the HUD completely then that will be fine. But for your friend, or yourself (or me!) for training purposes don't the corner entry/apex/exit markers or a driving line better serve that purpose?
They indeed serve that purpose but I wouldn't say they serve that purpose better.

The only thing that should concern anyone is that they don't HAVE to use them. Fortunately, the makers of the game have already told us that is the case

They indeed serve that purpose but I wouldn't say they serve that purpose better.

The only thing that should concern anyone is that they don't HAVE to use them. Fortunately, the makers of the game have already told us that is the case

i am pretty sure the virtual markers can be turned off and by turning them off, we can earn more cash/credit/experience over those of use the markers...

That's my hope at least... otherwise that would be messed up...

Can't they use (virtual) subtle cones the way GTS does it? That's the neat and clean industry standard to indicate entry/apex/exit points...

That would make sense. They want to get the crowd which is waiting for Forza 8 and probably GT7.

Sounds like history is repeating itself; Project CARS 2 launched ahead of Forza Motorsport 7 and Gran Turismo Sport back in 2017.

Hopefully PC3 isn't riddled with (as many) bugs at launch like its predecessor was.

I refer you to Shift 1 :)

well Shift 1 was released in 2009, the first Forza that already had xp & credits system was released in 2005.

anyway - I just hope you guys release in summer 2020 and can‘t wait to see a full carlist.

To be honest, depending on the car list and the handling, I won't really feel the need for Forza 8 if I have this. I'll just get PCARS 3 for cars and Flight Simulator 2020 for planes, and I'm set.

I don't know. If Forza 8 has improved their dreadful AI, fixes some of their race car classes, and keeps tracks like Road Atlanta, Sebring, and VIR, I'll probably still get it. But it definitely won't be day one.

I was curious for more information so I went searching Twitter and found this comment under the Corvette Drifting Video.

I don't know who this. All I know is that the comment mirrors what @Wolfe already explained to us

Makes me very excited

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200609-182058_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20200609-182058_YouTube.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 64
I just buy Forza 8 & Pcars 3 :sly:

I also will buy GT7 but I expect its release sometime in 2021.
But maybe we know thursday more.

End of august would be a fine date for pcars 3 release :dopey:

I don't know. If Forza 8 has improved their dreadful AI, fixes some of their race car classes, and keeps tracks like Road Atlanta, Sebring, and VIR, I'll probably still get it. But it definitely won't be day one.
That’s all they need to do for you ?

Honestly, they have a lot of work to do. The last Forza I bought was FM6, and that was a full 2 years after its release.

After playing Project CARS, I never want to touch a Forza game again.

That’s all they need to do for you ?

Honestly, they have a lot of work to do. The last Forza I bought was FM6, and that was a full 2 years after its release.

After playing Project CARS, I never want to touch a Forza game again.

For the type of racing I do, short 15 laps, offline, no career, yeah that's about it. I know there are problems that affect areas that a lot more people use but that's what I would like to see for my own little corner of the game.

This is what I said over in the "Your top 5 Forza 8 improvements" so I guess you could say the tracks could be number 6.

1. Some intelligence put into the AI cars. They have no idea where you are related to them. There's no telling how many times I've thought I had them passed only to get PIT maneuvered off track by them turning into me. Plus it would hopefully make starts cleaner by avoiding the pileup at turn 1. Now I'm using standing start with a .5 sec roll off delay between each car to try and get a clean start.

2. Allow the function "Restart Race". If I cannot select my preferred starting position, at least let me restart a race from the same place instead of having to quit over and over again to get back into a similar grid position.

3. Stop "rubber banding" the race. AI cars at the front, usually the front two, will set abnormally fast first 2 or 3 laps, then stabilize, then start to get much slower towards the last few laps. One race I was close enough to the front to pause and see the front two cars lap times which were 4 seconds faster than anything else but they were dirty. However at the end of the race their clean times were more inline with the rest of the field so their pace was hidden.

4. Do something with homologation. Maybe not bump cars up to the next class, B to A, A to S, etc. Make a B to the upper end of B and so forth. I would rather not pick say a 60's Aston Martin only to get in it and there's a roll cage in it in order to get it to A class. Kind of kills the vibe of the car for me.

5. Fix and modernize GT. Instead of GT being a catch all with GT1's, GT2, GT3, GT4, and GTE. Expand the roster to have enough cars to fill out their own natural division.

will there be any add-on or DLC or packs? i hope
Ohhh, no no no no...that better not be the final box art. It's...I mean, there isn't any!

It's the content that matters most... i am fine with that box...
Sure it would be nice if there was some sort of art, but they have better things to do and spend on.

It's the content that matters most... i am fine with that box...
Sure it would be nice if there was some sort of art, but they have better things to do and spend on.

I mean...I bought the Deluxe edition of PC2, the box art is simple, yet beautiful, and the box itself is metal.

It's just a nice thing to have, just as an item, you know. ...be a shame if they left it blank. Though ofc the game itself is what matters.

I mean...I bought the Deluxe edition of PC2, the box art is simple, yet beautiful, and the box itself is metal.

It's just a nice thing to have, just as an item, you know. ...be a shame if they left it blank. Though ofc the game itself is what matters.

Wonder if we will get some sort of Deluxe version for PC3... ?

my guess on SMS being quiet on the pit stop is either they are really gone or they have some marketing/features tied to the pit stops and they are not willing to talk about it at the moment and ruin the surprise.

This is my favorite video so far. Video and information from his conversations with the PC3 team

If people have never played Shift, I loved that aspect of mastering the corners over a circuit.

I do like the sound of the customisation mentioned in this video.

The Sony major reveal may have something to do with SMS not being able to divulge any more info until after it....

For different reasons:
PC3 can be played on PS5, but obviously SMS can't just come out saying that if the PS5 has not yet revealed.
And SMS probably wanted to see what GT7 has in store before revealing more about PC3.

The Sony reveal was supposed to be last week but due to all the George Floyd protests, the event was postponed.... Is it coincidence that the PC3 teaser and trailer jumped the gun?

I think it was intended that the PC3 be dropped right ahead of the Sony reveal...
It was supposed to be that SMS, Bandai, Codemasters, And PSN dropped their video all at the same time just days ahead of the Original June 5th Sony Reveal....

But the coordination got screwed up with all the protests.
With Sony reveal cancelled and postponed, SMS, Bandai ans Codemasters also decided to cancel the drop, until somewhere someone at PSN didn't get the memo and went ahead with the original plan to drop the PC3 teaser into the wild.

That's when SMS, Bandai, And Codemasters had to do damage control and release also their video...

Like I said, i believe the intent was to reveal just enough about PC3 before Sony PS5 games announcement, then immediately after that, SMS would be in measure to talk more at length about the details of PC3, which:

- would be playable on PS5
And depending on whether GT7 would be announced or the level of information on GT7 revealed, then SMS can and would be able to steal PD's thunder with another respond video...

The weird silence from SMS for over a week now is due to the fact that SMS has to wait for the Sony Reveal before saying anymore.

My guess is that we will get more info about PC3 after the new Sony PS5 games announcement event date .. so either Friday or Saturday.

A few more days to wait ..

Last edited:
Knowing that the Sony major reveal may have something to do with SMS not being able to divulge any more info until after it....

For different reasons:
PC3 can be played on PS5, but obviously SMS can't just come out saying that if the PS5 has not yet revealed.

The Sony reveal was supposed to be last week but due to all the George Floyd protests, the event was postponed.... Is it coincidence that the PC3 teaser and trailer jumped the gun?

I think it was intended that the PC3 be dropped right ahead of the Sony reveal...
It was supposed to be that SMS, Bandai, Codemasters, And PSN dropped their video all at the same time just days ahead of the Original June 5th Sony Reveal....

But the coordination got screwed up with all the protests.
With Sony reveal cancelled and postponed, SMS, Bandai ans Codemasters also decided to cancel the drop, until somewhere someone at PSN didn't get the memo and went ahead with the original plan to drop the PC3 teaser into the wild.

That's when SMS, Bandai, And Codemasters had to do damage control and release also their video...

Like I said, i believe the intent was to reveal just enough about PC3 before Sony PS5 games announcement, then immediately after that, SMS would be in measure to talk more at length about the details of PC3, which:

- would be playable on PS5
And depending on whether GT7 would be announced or the level of information on GT7 revealed, then SMS can and would be able to steal PD's thunder with another respond video...

My guess is that we will get more info about PC3 after the new Sony PS5 games announcement event date .. so either Friday or Saturday.

A few more days to wait ..

LMAO talk about wishful thinking. That said I hope you are right lol

Back