Project CARS 3 Announced, Arrives This Summer

Discussion in 'Project CARS 3' started by Toyota GT1, Jun 3, 2020.

1. regnar

regnar Premium

Love most things about PC2, except the FFB always fighting the spring force issue, hopefully the PC version is more open to modding (car skins)
    PC2 I think had the best dynamic weather/time model hopefully that's not lost in this new iteration.

2. c172fccc

c172fccc

Well I’m impressed. It looks a lot more polished than pCars 1 and 2. If it’s similar to Shift 2, but with sim physics, I’ll be happy.

slthree and NekoPufferPPP like this.
  3. Ande3200

Ande3200

First project cars i am really intrested in

ron24 and evldave333 like this.
  4. Leggacy

Leggacy

I really wanted to like project cars 1 and 2 but they fell short for me in a number of ways, usually bugs. Looking forward to ACC, I’ll leave this one until it’s in the bargain bin.

5. timekiller001

timekiller001

I bought PC1 on day 1 and PC2 shortly within release, only to be disappointed both times. I won't buy it this time, at least not soon after the release. They really need to get their stuff together when it comes to quality control and fixing bugs.

6. Jtheripper

Jtheripper

Oh my god, just on the few 1st secs it looks so arcade like a grid game. Oh well, that's instant reaction but yeah. Oh well, looks for now like look elsewhere for a true sim.
    It's too fast release too to expect a next level sim it seems..
    Will check it more but..

7. dance1211

dance1211

[​IMG]

My main concern is that they just straight up remove most of the sim elements that made project cars so important to me. Looks like the pitlane has been closed off here so does that mean every race now is just going to be these 5 minute /2-3 lap maximum sprint races? If so then it'll be a hard pass for me. I love my Le Mans endurance style stuff :(

Ewoc, hrusa2, z71L28 and 15 others like this.
  8. drebin4real

drebin4real

Thank God, more racing games and make a threat to next Gran Turismo so they cannot get it twisted. PD never listen community so these games may level their game up.

9. c172fccc

c172fccc

10. gtmen3006

gtmen3006

the gameplay does look in fact arcadey, im starting to believe sms is trying to have both ams2 and pc3 coexist in the same "universe" or i could be totally wrong

11. Beezer215

Beezer215

Disappointed in that trailer. An NSX running into another car and spinning it out? WTF is that ********?
    This better not be some arcadey grid shift crap. I'll reserve judgement until it comes out but looks like a try before buy for sure.

12. jake2013guy

jake2013guy

Ah. That's not good.

hrusa2 and mc0029 like this.
  13. Leggacy

Leggacy

Is this the same game engine just tarted up a little in an attempt to squeeze one last game out on this generation of consoles? Or is this an entirely new build, I wonder if they’ve had input from the codemasters team?

14. Jtheripper

Jtheripper

They call it pc3 too, well it was never an authentic sim to me but a great sim style game. Now looks like arcade though.
    He says same physics consolidated lol, consolized even more for maybe.:lol:

15. MidnightRush

MidnightRush

I get a more GRID vibe with hints of Shift in terms of the Aesthetic and how the camera shots are in the trailer. It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

16. astrarobotica

astrarobotica

Oh boy, I don't want to be pessimistic, but this is very strange. The announcement is on such a short notice, it looks very arcadey (which isn't necessarily bad, but concerning that the series is taking such a hard pivot). Do we even know if this is running on Madness Engine or Codemasters' engine? If it's still Madness, well, PC2 looks pretty bad on base consoles compared to the PC version, so I'm not sure why releasing it on current consoles would be a good idea. If it's Codemasters' engine, F1 2019 looks very good on consoles, GRID does not. It seems like the game wants to occupy the same space as Forza Motorsport, but also from the gameplay looks a lot like the last GRID...

SMS is very good at some things and very poor at other things, and the same can be said about Codemasters, so best case scenario is they combine the best capabilities of both studios and produce a good game, or it's very bad, or it's somewhere in the middle and probably still just mediocre at best.

bleeder, Nigrick, Senna52 and 6 others like this.
  17. Daz555

Daz555

Looks like it has gone full arcade to me. Also can't believe it is ending up on current gen.

0/10 interest at the moment in PC3 and that is coming from a HUGE PC2 fan. By far the most hours I have ever put into a videogame in 40 odd years of gaming.

Man, ACC had better be good on console.

z71L28, klondike, br1x and 9 others like this.
  18. jake2013guy

jake2013guy

You're not the only one being pessimistic. I enjoy league racing on PCARS2 and the closed-off pitlane we see in games like Grid and Shift don't fill me with much confidence. I'm guessing it's a Madness engine but there doesn't seem to be the advertisement of the capabilities of that engine through the elements.

19. AlanH49

AlanH49

You don’t launch this late in the gen with a really transformative title - In the driving/sim world at least. This seems like SlightlyMad/Codemasters using what assets they have. And repurposing them into a simcade title.

It’s something Codemasters do a lot. Dirt 5 is the same. Even though it’s technically also coming to next-gen.

Probably best to steer clear until the next-gen version is ready. No footage is a warning sign.

Coquico and Jtheripper like this.
  20. NekoPufferPPP

NekoPufferPPP

A simracer with elements from both NFS ProStreet and Shift?

What's not to like? Shut up and take my money! :lol: (PC2's weather system better still be there tho)

The engine sounds seem to be cleaner than PC2's. Not as loud or distorted (tbh I kinda liked it that way too). I hope some of the older cars will sound as rough as they're meant to.

ron24, bs6magic and CTznOfTime like this.
  21. Jezza819

Jezza819

The only problems I had with PC2 was the AI would try to go right through you at certain turns, which it still does but not as bad as when the game first came out. An early update killed the FFB in my Fanatec wheel which took them a long time to acknowledge and an even longer time to fix. The AI had a huge advantage and was much faster in certain classes (Nissan ZX turbo).

But other than that PC2 was much, much easier for me to jump right in and have a good feel for the cars than PC1 was. I thought PC2 was, and still is, a very good sim.

But now that I've seen these trailers it does look like it's moving more towards an arcade type of deal and that concerns me, greatly. I hope I'm not jumping to conclusions and further reveals will tell us more. I'm still going to probably get it day one.

On the plus side there wasn't a huge AI pileup at turn 1 at Interlagos.

ykiki, TheGeologist, MarcoM and 3 others like this.
  22. evldave333

evldave333

Was hyped with the first vid less so with the gameplay vid its hard to tell but it looks jenky could be the players inputs though... I really want this to be good fingers crossed the gameplay and pad implementation are better... Hopefully there will be a demo to allay pad users fears...

maximax likes this.
  23. JC_Dude

JC_Dude

Might be the 1st PCARS game I'll actually buy. Looks a lot like NFS Shift and I loved those games.

ron24 likes this.
  24. NekoPufferPPP

NekoPufferPPP

The racing in the gameplay video was done with a controller, it's clear as day. That may be why it looks odd.

Titzon Toast likes this.
  25. mc0029

mc0029

:lol::tup:

Coquico, maximax and Jezza819 like this.
  26. GTFan24

GTFan24

Uhhhh...

Are we gonna ignore the fact that apparently they are reusing Havana from GRID 2019?

27. juanffy18

juanffy18

Please, better improvement with the Controller :(
    The rest looks good

3 Forza Motorsport
    3 Forza Horizon
    2 Assetto Corsa
    3 Project Cars

1 Gran Turismo....well, nothing more to say :rolleyes:

ron24 likes this.
  28. IanBell

IanBell Premium

We're not.

It's transformed.

Nope. Scratch built, different layouts also.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2020
  29. SlimCharles

SlimCharles

But you do reuse Shangai (not complaining though). More original content from Codemasters games coming?

silverman_GT and CTznOfTime like this.
  30. Chad200

Chad200

Wow, definitely didn't think we would see PC3 until later this year or early next year. It does appear to be geared towards more of the arcade style, but we will see. I just hope we have proper IndyCars in the game, along with the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Watkins Glen, Road America, and maybe a small oval or two like Iowa or Gateway. An Indy 500 aspect of the game would be nice too, where you could make a four-lap qualifying run and have 11 rows of 3 to start the race. Also never understood why they put lights at IMS on the game, since they don't exist in real life.... Still, a nice pleasant announcement to start June!

CTznOfTime likes this.