Project CARS 3 Announced, Arrives This Summer

• Thread starter Toyota GT1
  • 634 comments
d60515e04edd3a09824731ae1dd32100.png

My main concern is that they just straight up remove most of the sim elements that made project cars so important to me. Looks like the pitlane has been closed off here so does that mean every race now is just going to be these 5 minute /2-3 lap maximum sprint races? If so then it'll be a hard pass for me. I love my Le Mans endurance style stuff :(

d60515e04edd3a09824731ae1dd32100.png

My main concern is that they just straight up remove most of the sim elements that made project cars so important to me. Looks like the pitlane has been closed off here so does that mean every race now is just going to be these 5 minute /2-3 lap maximum sprint races? If so then it'll be a hard pass for me. I love my Le Mans endurance style stuff :(
Ah. That's not good.

Is this the same game engine just tarted up a little in an attempt to squeeze one last game out on this generation of consoles? Or is this an entirely new build, I wonder if they’ve had input from the codemasters team?

They call it pc3 too, well it was never an authentic sim to me but a great sim style game. Now looks like arcade though.
He says same physics consolidated lol, consolized even more for maybe.:lol:

Oh boy, I don't want to be pessimistic, but this is very strange. The announcement is on such a short notice, it looks very arcadey (which isn't necessarily bad, but concerning that the series is taking such a hard pivot). Do we even know if this is running on Madness Engine or Codemasters' engine? If it's still Madness, well, PC2 looks pretty bad on base consoles compared to the PC version, so I'm not sure why releasing it on current consoles would be a good idea. If it's Codemasters' engine, F1 2019 looks very good on consoles, GRID does not. It seems like the game wants to occupy the same space as Forza Motorsport, but also from the gameplay looks a lot like the last GRID...

SMS is very good at some things and very poor at other things, and the same can be said about Codemasters, so best case scenario is they combine the best capabilities of both studios and produce a good game, or it's very bad, or it's somewhere in the middle and probably still just mediocre at best.

Looks like it has gone full arcade to me. Also can't believe it is ending up on current gen.

0/10 interest at the moment in PC3 and that is coming from a HUGE PC2 fan. By far the most hours I have ever put into a videogame in 40 odd years of gaming.

Man, ACC had better be good on console.

Oh boy, I don't want to be pessimistic, but this is very strange. The announcement is on such a short notice, it looks very arcadey (which isn't necessarily bad, but concerning that the series is taking such a hard pivot). Do we even know if this is running on Madness Engine or Codemasters' engine? If it's still Madness, well, PC2 looks pretty bad on base consoles compared to the PC version, so I'm not sure why releasing it on current consoles would be a good idea. If it's Codemasters' engine, F1 2019 looks very good on consoles, GRID does not. It seems like the game wants to occupy the same space as Forza Motorsport, but also from the gameplay looks a lot like the last GRID...

SMS is very good at some things and very poor at other things, and the same can be said about Codemasters, so best case scenario is they combine the best capabilities of both studios and produce a good game, or it's very bad, or it's somewhere in the middle and probably still just mediocre at best.
You're not the only one being pessimistic. I enjoy league racing on PCARS2 and the closed-off pitlane we see in games like Grid and Shift don't fill me with much confidence. I'm guessing it's a Madness engine but there doesn't seem to be the advertisement of the capabilities of that engine through the elements.

You don’t launch this late in the gen with a really transformative title - In the driving/sim world at least. This seems like SlightlyMad/Codemasters using what assets they have. And repurposing them into a simcade title.

It’s something Codemasters do a lot. Dirt 5 is the same. Even though it’s technically also coming to next-gen.

Man, ACC had better be good on console.
Probably best to steer clear until the next-gen version is ready. No footage is a warning sign.

A simracer with elements from both NFS ProStreet and Shift?

What's not to like? Shut up and take my money! :lol: (PC2's weather system better still be there tho)

The engine sounds seem to be cleaner than PC2's. Not as loud or distorted (tbh I kinda liked it that way too). I hope some of the older cars will sound as rough as they're meant to.

The only problems I had with PC2 was the AI would try to go right through you at certain turns, which it still does but not as bad as when the game first came out. An early update killed the FFB in my Fanatec wheel which took them a long time to acknowledge and an even longer time to fix. The AI had a huge advantage and was much faster in certain classes (Nissan ZX turbo).

But other than that PC2 was much, much easier for me to jump right in and have a good feel for the cars than PC1 was. I thought PC2 was, and still is, a very good sim.

But now that I've seen these trailers it does look like it's moving more towards an arcade type of deal and that concerns me, greatly. I hope I'm not jumping to conclusions and further reveals will tell us more. I'm still going to probably get it day one.

On the plus side there wasn't a huge AI pileup at turn 1 at Interlagos.

Was hyped with the first vid less so with the gameplay vid its hard to tell but it looks jenky could be the players inputs though... I really want this to be good fingers crossed the gameplay and pad implementation are better... Hopefully there will be a demo to allay pad users fears...

Was hyped with the first vid less so with the gameplay vid its hard to tell but it looks jenky could be the players inputs though... I really want this to be good fingers crossed the gameplay and pad implementation are better... Hopefully there will be a demo to allay pad users fears...
The racing in the gameplay video was done with a controller, it's clear as day. That may be why it looks odd.

Please, better improvement with the Controller :(
The rest looks good

3 Forza Motorsport
3 Forza Horizon
2 Assetto Corsa
3 Project Cars

1 Gran Turismo....well, nothing more to say :rolleyes:

Wow, definitely didn't think we would see PC3 until later this year or early next year. It does appear to be geared towards more of the arcade style, but we will see. I just hope we have proper IndyCars in the game, along with the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Watkins Glen, Road America, and maybe a small oval or two like Iowa or Gateway. An Indy 500 aspect of the game would be nice too, where you could make a four-lap qualifying run and have 11 rows of 3 to start the race. Also never understood why they put lights at IMS on the game, since they don't exist in real life.... Still, a nice pleasant announcement to start June!

Back