• Thread starter Toyota GT1
  • 634 comments
Project cars released 22nd September...

Anota-o-2020-06-20-224026.png

Are you sure about that?

Anota-o-2020-06-20-224026.png

Are you sure about that?
Oh yeh, my apologies.

I typed in Google when Project cars was released & the first thing I was met with was a global release date.

Tbh I didn't pay to much attention so although I asked for project cars 1 it probably brought up project cars 2 & I didn't pay attention.

My mistake.

Just tried it again & got the correct date.
Where did I get that date from then :confused:

Last edited:
https://www.projectcarsgame.com/three/news/developer-blog-1/

Okay, this has dispelled a lot of concern. Actually really looking forward to this!

This quote might sway many of you away though:

"So, for example, by removing tyre wear and fuel usage, we could in turn remove pitstops, which resulted in much closer and more consistent racing. Thus, the whole process of getting to the part that matters most—the actual racing and driving of these amazing cars and their upgrades—became a far easier and more streamlined affair."

Personally I don't mind this. Some of the most enjoyable races I've had in PC2 were shorter sprint races in a variety of cars, namely the Clio cup. The longer ones I've done with pitstops? Tbh they've just been stressful, often with an incorrect button press meaning that I come out on slicks when I meant to have wets...or not have enough fuel...or not had the foresight to create a strategy for a damaged car needing a splash and dash to get to the end on a drying track. As they say in the developer report above... that's not simulating anything, the team would take care of that for you. All it does is ruin the race experience and create frustration.

Last edited:
but how can you call a game without fuel usage, tyre wear and pit stops a true sim racer.
I feel your pain, but it's marketing.
The same thing has been commented over the years about GT's use of "The Real Driving Simulator". ;)

Actually really looking forward to this!
I'm waiting for further news, but I think we're in a minority. :P (I expect there'll be a lot of converts though)

Their simplification of differential settings is more than welcome. pCARS2 had way too many, I just want power and coast or maybe preload and I'm sorted. Streamlined setup options are a good idea, they've struggled with that in the past 2 games.

Kazunori and Translator-san are laughing all the way to the bank

kazunori-yamauchi-interview-madrid-2018-1200x636.jpg

Thanks for the laugh SMS, you guys are truly slightly mad... Morphing tires... Lol
To be fair, it's not just them who are laughing.

I felt like its time for all sim racing communities regardless of games to oppose whatever this ridiculously unpopular decision is.

Okay. I finally got to follow Project CARS by watching some YouTube videos. I have not run a single second of any Project CARS. Based on what I've seen, this isn't Project CARS; this is more like "GRID Autosport 2" or "GRID 4." So now I'm starting to believe in everyone who are not as entirely intrigued about pCARS 3. While pCARS 3 isn't an entirely bad game based on the official trailer, it seems this latest in the pCARS series is an embarrassment based on the various impressions I've gotten.

And... I guess I just made my debut to the Project CARS forum with this post.

Okay. I finally got to follow Project CARS by watching some YouTube videos. I have not run a single second of any Project CARS. Based on what I've seen, this isn't Project CARS; this is more like "GRID Autosport 2" or "GRID 4." So now I'm starting to believe in everyone who are not as entirely intrigued about pCARS 3. While pCARS 3 isn't an entirely bad game based on the official trailer, it seems this latest in the pCARS series is an embarrassment based on the various impressions I've gotten.

Hey John, just curious, rather than watching YouTube videos why don't you try playing PC1 or 2 ? They are very good games that can now be had for peanuts :) And yes perhaps PC3 might turn out to be a great game in its own right but from the info we now have it certainly shouldn't be called 'Project Cars'. I think it's a cash grab but it's a real shame as it may end up damaging its good name & reputation.

As @MrCrynox said why not try playing them pcars 2 if your on ps4 is only $9.59 on the us playstation store for the base game.

I don't have a decent PC or even a PS4. If I did have either, I would surely play PCARS2.

Why is Grid the comparison for games that don't have pitstopz or tyre wear?

Pc3 driving physics alone will put it on an entirely different level to Grid.

Why is Grid the comparison for games that don't have pitstopz or tyre wear?

Pc3 driving physics alone will put it on an entirely different level to Grid.

Because we can't recall any other "more realistic" racing game without pit-stops.

And I would wait with those statements about driving physics. It could be pure marketing talk like it was with customisable sim expirience.

Because we can't recall any other "more realistic" racing game without pit-stops.

And I would wait with those statements about driving physics. It could be pure marketing talk like it was with customisable sim expirience.

Doesn't make Grid though. I question if anyone here has even played Grid.

Could be, probably isn't, we shall see.

Doesn't make Grid though. I question if anyone here has even played Grid.

Could be, probably isn't, we shall see.

I did... And for now it looks like "slightly more realistic" GRID. Seriously without pitstops it takes away variety from PCars and now it looks very much like GRID but with probably better physics.

I did... And for now it looks like "slightly more realistic" GRID. Seriously without pitstops it takes away variety from PCars... And it looks very much like GRID but with probably better physics.

It looks nothing like Grid. You said yourself anyway, there's nothing out there to compare it to.

I did... And for now it looks like "slightly more realistic" GRID. Seriously without pitstops it takes away variety from PCars and now it looks very much like GRID but with probably better physics.

That is the only positive way of looking at this whole mess now, we get a better Grid with dynamic weather, day night cycles and a SHIFT style upgrades. Sounds like a fun game but not the pCARS 3 I expected.

It looks nothing like Grid. You said yourself anyway, there's nothing out there to compare it to.

Both games are track based racing games. Both games focus more on motorsport, both games doesn't have pitstops, tyre wear, fueal consumption and more detailed aspects of simulation, both games try to showcase with city-based circuits (damn even both have Shanghai and Havana xD). Both games are focused on 3 laps races.

If Shift was direct competitor to GRID so PCars 3 is competitor to GRID now.

That is the only positive way of looking at this whole mess now, we get a better Grid with dynamic weather, day night cycles and a SHIFT style upgrades. Sounds like a fun game but not the pCARS 3 I expected.

yeah exactly my thoughts. I loved GRID but it falls short with content. I would love to see more detailed version of this game. Maybe PCars 3 will do that, but still i expected more from this title.

yeah exactly my thoughts. I loved GRID but it falls short with content. I would love to see more detailed version of this game. Maybe PCars 3 will do that, but still i expected more from this title.
This, in so many ways.

Just because I'm disappointed in the direction that has been taken for PC3 (and agree that it should have been titled differently as to avoid the brand connections that exist with a numbered PC title), doesn't mean it can't be an enjoyable title.

Oddly it's a distinction that even seems lost on the company themselves.

The funniest thing... GRID would benefit very much from "simplified" Pits Stops. It would add another depth to the Arcade title.
I remember endurance mode in GRID Autosport with tyre wear. Imagine having to make automatic Pit Stop at some point (it would automatically refuel your car and change tyres with nice flashy cutscene similar to GT Sport) it would be awesome even for casual players in my opinion.

Project Cars 3 looks like Need For Speed IMO, but will not holds up with everything that NFS can offer. If only Project Cars could be something like Pro Street, with really in deep tuning system, for a simcade game, good line up of custom made tracks, and what more important really great line up of cars. You could turn Chevelle SS into vintage touring there, and have all AWD touring championship, with Subaru, Nissan, Porsche, Audi on the list.

This level of a game would be a great trade off for all dropped Motorsport features. No less at least.

Back