Project CARS 3 Announced, Arrives This Summer

• Thread starter Toyota GT1
  • 634 comments
It was the Gran Turismo 2 GT Mode and not the "carrer".

Sorry for the confusing bad name
Yeah. I was a little bit confused. But if I remember correctly other than a few rims and colors you didn't have much options when customizing your car. There are much better options imo.

Just watched the new video. Gameriot being chosen as the pcar 3 ambassador annoys me.

Any, It was better. Im just not going to let myself get excited for this game. I'll just have to wait and see.

Will pCARS3 be worth buying it full price by the end of 2020? Why not upgrading pCARS2 (which was already a great base) with some superb big-ass DLCs? With the latest gameplay video from Ogonoski and the declarations from SMS regarding the simulation aspect, I am convinced it will be a day-one buy from me. Still, my judgement on the game will be severe!

In a way, I am glad SMS uses techs they master at this point ; now they can focus on perfecting it and adding more depth (the variations, the subtleness, the amount of details, the photogrammetry, etc). But I also fear some of the old-gen tech used (like the amount of compressed data stored on a DVD or other in-engine limitations) will prevent the game to evolve as much as it could have. I very much hope to be proven wrong since I want the next pCARS to be even deeper and beautiful as a whole. There are many aspects that current-gen games do better than pCARS2 ; pCARS3 being a full new game/revolutionnary experience releasing at the end of life of this gen I expect it to be on-par if not superior in every way. Please SMS take notes from what Ams2 and ACC offered regarding FFB and physics reproduction. 30fps replays with pan scan just like GT Sport to be able to add much more details would be good also.

@IanBell, if SMS manage to deliver a neat and deep experience that greatly rewards the time and money invested in this hobby, please prepare Paypal.me & patreons accounts because we will want to support you guys even more!

Its been confirmed with an interview with the developers on YouTube that career races will have no practice or qualifying, it will be short races just like grid. Also quote from developer interview "It's less about being championship based, less race weekend based, less calendar based. It's more about skipping from track to track"
I'm sorry but the statement "It's less about being championship based, less race weekend based, less calendar based. It's more about skipping from track to track" Doesn't confirm you won't have the option to enable practice and qualifying OUTSIDE of career mode, or even in it.

I see their aim with PC3 is to make it more engaging, while still keeping what the simracing fanbase loved about PC2. They said that too. They also said that they have lots more to announce, things aimed specifically at the simracers.

Its been confirmed with an interview with the developers on YouTube that career races will have no practice or qualifying, it will be short races just like grid.

Also looks like the flag system is gone, and the new tracks Shanghai, Havana, Amalfi will no pit lanes either

It's been confirmed with an interview with the developer that if I do buy this game I will not so much as touch the career mode.

I won't prejudge overall and I'll wait and see as always, but they've from the get-go confirmed the focus of career mode is to attract people who are not me. They've said some good things outside of that, but devs saying things is just devs saying things. I've heard devs say a LOT of things over the past couple decades.

More info
49974850188_04fca676dc_b.jpg

49974850198_91f5947002_b.jpg
The feel of those gameplay clips definitely have more of an arcade vibe to it than the previous 2 Project Cars entries. However, I'm not going to reserve judgement yet until I actually see more gameplay footage. Things like the closed pit entry and even the increased sense of speed could easily just be gameplay options that can be turned off. With all of the options I had in PC2, that wouldn't surprise me.

Oh how about that, I was right about the "sense of speed" being an option. The news about the pad controls being improved sounds promising.

---
Now I'm going to be honest, I hope that there's also options for the U.I. so I can look at a HUD that's less in-your-face than the one I've seen already.

Looks like a arcade game to me!? I don’t want to buy it. After the last DLC for PC2 there was no support, no update and no new content to the game. It was dead. Waste of money...
In fairness, how long do we believe a developer should continue updating a game? Even developers that are massively larger than SMS don't keep updating games for that long.

As for SMS, they are an incredibly small outfit and they've been working on their next project (pun intended) which is the very game we are all excited about and here to discuss.

Just to go back to the conversation about Interlagos, I was part of the WMD group that stayed on after PC2 was released to help test DLC and updates. Late on during that period we got a very early version of Interlagos in the daily builds - seriously early, as in basically a ribbon of tarmac floating in the sky, but it was there nonetheless. Regardless of my own misgivings about PC3, accusing SMS of lifting this track from F1 2019 is not correct.

In fact, I would suspect it might have been the first new track they finished given how long ago they started working on it...

Just to go back to the conversation about Interlagos, I was part of the WMD group that stayed on after PC2 was released to help test DLC and updates. Late on during that period we got a very early version of Interlagos in the daily builds - seriously early, as in basically a ribbon of tarmac floating in the sky, but it was there nonetheless. Regardless of my own misgivings about PC3, accusing SMS of lifting this track from F1 2019 is not correct.

In fact, I would suspect it might have been the first new track they finished given how long ago they started working on it...

Indeed, there was a fair bit of talk about Interlagos... to the point that they eventually had to say "this isn't for pCARS 2, it's something were hoping for in the future" (obviously meaning PC3). Now I suppose it's possible that after Codemasters took over the studio late in the game's development they had them throw out all the work they had done on it and try to plug assets from another Codies game into this one instead... but it's also possible that they both look similar since they are of course both recreations of the same track.

I think it will be begining of september just like Pcars 2 did launched.

would be fine for me :)

i expect Forza 8 around october / november and GT7 sometime in 2021.

But as I said - call me excited and can‘t wait to see the full carlist.
I also expect them to drop more info, if release is already this summer :sly:

You know that Ian Bell was saying that they aquired license for this track months before Pcars 2 was out? You really think they were making it in last months after Codemasters take over? This is new track, and even if it was ripped off whats the problem if it is good?

I am still worried with those pit-stops. I hope i won't be disappointed.
Did I say it was a bad thing?

I have love the first and second game. But there were some things about the second game that I didn’t like. Some cars were just too unstable under acceleration and hard braking. The handling of a lot of the cars seemed like they were too stiff/rigid. Meaning that I couldn’t get the backs ends out or the cars to slide comfortably. It was either no slides or lose of control. This was really bad with the street cars. I saw the cars drifting around in the trailer so I hope they fixed that. I love the series and can’t wait to try this game.

What does WMD stand for?

I have love the first and second game. But there were some things about the second game that I didn’t like. Some cars were just too unstable under acceleration and hard braking. The handling of a lot of the cars seemed like they were too stiff/rigid. Meaning that I couldn’t get the backs ends out or the cars to slide comfortably. It was either no slides or lose of control. This was really bad with the street cars. I saw the cars drifting around in the trailer so I hope they fixed that. I love the series and can’t wait to try this game.
In comparison to what?

In reality cars do move around a lot under hard acceleration (and the more low down torque you generate the more they do it) and even more so under hard deceleration.

To my mind and experience it’s one of the things that both PC2 and AC get right.

Are they using their Madness Engine? The game looks a bit more Grid than Project Cars. The visuals is more vibrant compared to a typical Project Cars game.

it is still madness engine but with more visual effects applied on it, it doesn't look like the usual Ego engine lighting.

The game has been in production for years, I don't think we will see anything Codemasters during its 6 months of ownership so far.

Looks more like shift 3, which isn't a bad thing to me, as at least it might be playable on my Xbox S. And it seems they're trying to capitalize on the criticism of the career modes in GT and Forza.

Its not Shift 3. It PCars 3. Wait until more gameplay comes out.
Actually it's both. Trying to combine arcade and simulator games' best aspects into one game is quite difficult. If they pull it off right we might really be looking at a direct competitor to Gran Turismo.

Actually it's both. Trying to combine arcade and simulator games' best aspects into one game is quite difficult. If they pull it off right we might really be looking at a direct competitor to Gran Turismo.
Do you have proof its also Shift 3? Or as most of the speculative posts on here seem to be nothing but blah,blah,blah. The game is not out. We haven't played it. We don't know what settings they used in the videos we've seen.

Do you have proof its also Shift 3? Or as most of the speculative posts on here seem to be nothing but blah,blah,blah. The game is not out. We haven't played it. We don't know what settings they used in the videos we've seen.

Given half a chance I bet they'd be tempted to call it Shift. However EA own that IP.
Still its gonna be the next closest thing to Shift 3 in reality.

Speaking on GTPlanet, Bell said:

“I’ll let you know that pCARS3 will be more ‘focused’… More ‘fun’… We went to insane lengths with variation in pCARS2 and with that comes infinite balancing issues. We’ve learned a lesson here and although we have no intention of reducing content, we know what we need to fix, where we made design decisions that were, let’s call it, ‘sub-optimal’…

“pCARS3 will be more of a spiritual successor to Shift, but with all of the sim goodness everyone appreciates… The key focus though is on fun and not biting off more than we can properly chew and digest.”

@beyond72 and @NekoPufferPPP were just pointing out that it looks like Shift 3, not that it is. And I can't say I disagree. Shift and Shift 2 were great anyway. Put a lot of time into those games. Wonder if we will see the drift events making a return?

SHIFT comparison fits what we know of pCARS 3 so far even without the physics comparison. The career structure and the spec upgrades we heard so far is similar to the SHIFT series.

Ian even said it will be a “SHIFT successor” back in 2018, I think it is fair to compare both games.

Please be good please be good please be good

Ready to buy it day 1 because extra racing game is never bad. I just hope since it is end of ps4 it would be a cross licence so that I dont have to buy again for ps5. Does anyone know how this will be handeled?

Ready to buy it day 1 because extra racing game is never bad. I just hope since it is end of ps4 it would be a cross licence so that I dont have to buy again for ps5. Does anyone know how this will be handeled?

We all still wait for Sony's confirmation about this.

You would think an FPS increase and upscale would be easy enough to patch, or ps5 might have a boost mode like the ps4 pro...

Back