Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
Just for a bit of perspective. Tried out the latest version of AC today. I'm not sure how someone can say it's so much better than pCARS. It's actually way worse in many areas - Graphics, Sound, Performance Optimization, AI, # of cars and tracks, FFB (I think so anyway). Maybe UI is a little better, and replay cameras are much better. Dunno about online, didn't try that.

I've been tough on pCARS internally on WMD in some aspects, but seeing other games out there (RRRE and AC) really puts things in perspective. I think what we've achieved with the game is great and surpasses many other sims out there in many aspects and sets the bar real high for them. Of course there is room for improvement, but I think you guys are going to be pleased with the final product.

Well I'm kinda upset with SMS right now, why won't they make it available in the US?
Project CARS' publisher is just the UK branch of Bandai-Namco; the US and Japanese branches aren't responsible for distribution rights, to my knowledge. If that's the case, it's likely that UK!Bamco just doesn't have digital distribution rights outside of European countries.

I would totally love to see a RWD P30 in the Yellow Squadron livery though. Or maybe a whole race team's worth of Idolmaster-themed GT and Formula cars. Just my silly fantasizing.

Just for a bit of perspective. Tried out the latest version of AC today. I'm not sure how someone can say it's so much better than pCARS. It's actually way worse in many areas - Graphics, Sound, Performance Optimization, AI, # of cars and tracks, FFB (I think so anyway). Maybe UI is a little better, and replay cameras are much better. Dunno about online, didn't try that.

I'm really on the fence on Project CARS versus its competitors. Between AC and Project CARS, my potato of a PC can run Assetto Corsa much better than Project CARS, but otherwise, the offline aspects of AC (outside of physics) fall flat. For me, physics aren't a major selling factor; if it feels reasonable enough, and the controls are nice and tight, a game has to sell me on more than just good physics.

Last edited:
This is known and was already fixed in the newer builds, hence all the videos from VVV and Eurogamer are (unfortunatly for them) outdated. Ive read there might be some current PS4 build footage from VVV prior to release... we'll see the next (3) weeks ;)
This motion blur effect which blurs the cars really badly when freezing replays on PS4 is still present in VVV's latest videos which he says are close to final builds. It looks awful so I really hope it has been fixed for PS4!

Will the cars that are available as pre order bonuses be made available as AI cars? For example, I purchase the standard copy. No Bonuses... No extras... Will they still turn up to be raced against?
good question, I would've thought so, be a good 'look what you don't have/please buy the DLC' tactic. oh wait, that's Driveclub I'm talking about haha.

This motion blur effect which blurs the cars really badly when freezing replays on PS4 is still present in VVV's latest videos which he says are close to final builds. It looks awful so I really hope it has been fixed for PS4!
You're talking about the inner of the car beeing blurred because the focus switches to the car/track infornt of you (its only present in helmet cam btw). I doesnt like this either, because I set the focus myself :P However this effect can be turned off, see the latest video from VVV :)

no, i think he's talking about the almost double vision of track objects. look out for vertical objects like posts and fences etc. as they get close to the screen (and about to be passed by) there seems to be 2 objects, not just one. like a ghosting effect. looks weird once you notice it but we don't know if it's the youtube capture or a result of smoothing the framerate on console. doesn't bother me much but it might make screenshots when the game is paused look a bit odd.

Not in the release version. They are implementing project morpheus support, so you can use this when it comes out.
Don't care for Morhpeus or VR gaming in general but that would totally justify a purchase of the PS camera.

Well Sony aren't the retailers for the PC and XBone digital copies are they.

OK but I was replying to VBR who was talking about the PS Store version.

Not in the release version. They are implementing project morpheus support, so you can use this when it comes out.

Does this mean head tracking for PS4 has been discussed? I think I would prefer that over Project Morpheus. I don't like the idea of having a screen inches away from my eyes for long periods.

Last edited:
Does this mean head tracking for PS4 has been discussed? I think I would prefer that over Project Morpheus. I don't like the idea of having a screen inches away from my eyes for long periods.

I only know about project morpheus but I don't think they will do head tracking on Ps4.

Back