[PS4]-GT3 World Championship-COMPLETEDFinished 

Start Time of 21:00 or 17:00 BST for two races clashing with F1

• 21:00 BST/16:00 EST

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • 17:00 BST / 12:00 EST

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This laptime must come down with your skill of driving .
Still a week to go Karsten .
I'm stuck around the 2:16.750 whatever I try/do with my setup , this is the fasted I can go .
Not that I'm complaining in fact I'm one second faster with this car at Spa than with the Ruf .
Come on Karsten 👍

I guess it'll stay there :D I've been training all evening and i could make 6 laps on 2.20.1 exactly the same time with less than 0.2s difference... It's my limit with the car as it is i guess...

Well in worst case i'll be in room2 getting slapped instead of being run over in room 1 :D

BTW guys remember that on the 14th the M3 serie starts! Kick my butt there too :D

Man ....... just done a online race with Karsten pfffff you wont belief how much lag there was .
First I saw cars going from the left to the right , than I saw cars jumping in the air there and was also lot of stuttering when someone came in or went out .
Big fun to see those cars jumping , this happened two times just in front of me at the same spot when you come from Eau Rouge and you hit the last curbs on your right tjooooong.

Last edited:
I'm about to get on and do some more testing but man am I off pace. I was able to get to a low 2:06 on Road America with the Aston last night, ended up testing the RUF and liked that better but was only able to manage a high 2:06 with it.

I found a setup for the RUF online I'm about to try, idk if there are some big secrets to getting the speed out of these GT3 cars but being 2 or so seconds off pace isn't going to make for a fun season for me.

I'm about to get on and do some more testing but man am I off pace. I was able to get to a low 2:06 on Road America with the Aston last night, ended up testing the RUF and liked that better but was only able to manage a high 2:06 with it.

I found a setup for the RUF online I'm about to try, idk if there are some big secrets to getting the speed out of these GT3 cars but being 2 or so seconds off pace isn't going to make for a fun season for me.
It's normal to be that slower from skannky oz and such drivers. You won't be alone.

LV, You are a quick guy. The aim of this series is to have some structured racing with many people of all sorts of pace. You will have a blast I am sure. There are some good racers here for sure, it will be excellent racing. Part of the fun is the practicing I think. I am about most nights practicing with a few other guys. All are welcome to join, just drop me a message, as the room is private, as a randi room gets a little hectic with people joining and leaving. :cheers::gtpflag:

I did some practice and got some good laps in with half fuel in I was able to do a low 2:06 in the RUF. Really liking the pliability (if that's a word?) of the car and the cockpit view is almost better than the roof cam. 👍

Well I just took the M3 round Spa for the first time, seems I'm 7 secs off the pace setters :nervous: It won't stop me tryin to get better though, can't get much worse anyway.

Haha alright, not sure what the deal is at Road America then. Maybe just not attacking the track enough or something? I think I am going to take the RUF. After some more testing I really like the way this car drives compared to the Aston Martin.

Will there be mandatory pit stops for this series? Didn't see anything about it on the OP.

Last edited:

My first landmine/hidden bomb.

Unhappy and worried for series about to start...

Karsten ......this will happen anyway non of these bugs like landmines , invisibly walls , loosing control of the car and flipping after patch 3.0 are improved , they are all still there sadly and a big game breaker .
I've accepted that this will be the way to play protest cars until there will come a alternative in
2016 for PS4 , and than at last I hope you can run a full lap without to be scary of landmines and the rest of bugs .

I think (and that is my personal opinion ) that they will never find a solution for these kind of bugs .

Last edited:
Welcome fellow racers!

I am organising a GT3 championship starting next month (Sept 20th), running weekly races on a Sunday at 20:00 BST/15:00 EST. There are two races which clash with the F1 on 25th Oct (USA F1 GP) and 01st Nov (Mexico F1 GP) and will start at 21:00 GMT/16:00 EST/17:00 EDT (US Daylight saving starts), in order to finish in time for the race start or start after the race has finished.

The poll states the incorrect times, as I did not take into account daylight saving when I created it. Times should be 21:00 GMT/17:00 EST or 17:00 GMT/13:00 EST for the race on 25th Oct and 21:00 GMT/16:00 EDT or 17:00 GMT or 12:00 EDT for the race on Nov 01st. Read it as one hour later race time for the 1st option, or two hours earlier for the second option. I am not able to edit the poll I am afraid. If you are not sure, just ask and I can advise which one you are voting for!Poll Now Closed

Race Format

2 Rooms of 16 drivers, 3 if enough people sign up - points system will be re-worked accordingly if this is the case.
Points will be spread across the 2 rooms (see point scoring below). The series will operate promotions/relegations of last 4 finishers in room 1 going down, first 4 finishers in room 2 moving to room one for the next race. Points for 16th in room 1 and 1st in room 2 will overlap (ie both 21 points)

Races will currently be run in two legs, with each race lasting approximately 30 minutes, with 15 minute qualifying for each race. The promotion/relegation for each round will be calculated from the lowest/highest combined scores for the two races, with lowest 4 scores in room 1 going down for the next race, highest 4 in room 2 going up.

Initial Room Placement Qualifying

This will be carried out the Sunday 13th the week prior to the start, and will be held in several slots through the day (this can be arranged later).
Car for qualifying will be the M3 GT around Spa, as this is a track I am sure everyone knows fairly well. Weather set to Clear, time 14:00, aids as per series rules.

Top 16 will be in room 1 for race 1, 17-32 wil be in room 2. Drivers falling outside these places will be reserve drivers, being called up in respective qualifying order.
If drivers are unable to make a race and arrange prior to race day, they will be allowed to rejoin the same room the following week, if they are unable to make more than two races in a row, they will move to reserve spot no 1 for the following race.

For example, driver in 5th in room one is away for one weekend. Drivers below this position (6th onwards) move up to fill the position for that race, with a reserve driver moving into Room2, the top driver in room 2 moves up to room 1 for that race. In this instance, the following race 5 drivers will move to room 2 (4 + an additional driver to account for the previous move up). This will maintain two full rooms of similarly paced drivers at all times. Based on previous series, reserves will get plenty of races, as there is seldom a full grid, due to peoples commitments.

Scoring

The championship will consist of 12 races, with best 10 scores counting. If there are two rooms running points will be as below, if there is more interest allowing 3 rooms, points will be adjusted to account for this. Currently points will be as follows.

Room 1__Room 2

1st--40___1st--21
2nd--37___2nd-18
3rd--35___3rd-16
4th--33___4th-14
5th--32___5th-13
6th--31___6th-12
7th--30___7th-11
8th--29___8th-10
9th--28___9th-9
10th-27__10th-8
11th-26__11th-7
12th-25__12th-6
13th-24__13th-5
14th-23__14th-4
15th-22__15th-3
16th-21__16th-2

Tracks/Dates/Times
NOTE - DAYLIGHT SAVING CHANGES IN UK 25TH OCT, NORTH AMERICA 01ST NOV

Race 1
track time 11:00
Race 2 track time 14:00

20th Sept
- Watkins Glen - USA [20:00 BST/15:00 EST]
27th Sept - Hockenheimring GP - GER [20:00 BST/15:00 EST]
04th Oct - Silverstone GP- GBR [20:00 BST/15:00 EST]
11th Oct - Le Circuit Bugatti - FR [20:00 BST/15:00 EST]
18th Oct - Brno - CZ [20:00 BST/15:00 EST]
UK clocks go back 1 hour to GMT 25th October 2015
25th Oct
- Monza GP - ITA [Start Time 21:00 GMT/17:00 EST]
North America Clocks Go Back 1 Hour to EDT Nov 01st 2015
01st Nov
- Brands Hatch GP - GBR [Start Time 21:00 BST/16:00 EDT]
08th Nov
- Bathurst - AUS [20:00 GMT/15:00 EDT]
15th Nov - Road America - USA [20:00 GMT/15:00 EDT]
22nd Nov - Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya - SPA [20:00 GMT/15:00 EDT]
29th Nov - Spa Francorchamps - BEL [20:00 GMT/15:00 EDT]
06th Dec - Nürburgring Nordschleife - GER [20:00 GMT/15:00 EDT]
[Qualifying for Nordschleife will be 30 minutes, not 15, due to track length]

*Please let me know if I have screwed up the time calculations for daylight saving!

Allowed Cars

Aston Vantage V12
Audi LMS Ultra GT3
BMW Z4 GT3
McLaren 12C GT3
Mercedes Benz SLS AMG GT3
RUF RGT-8 GT3

The M3 GT will be used in qualifying for placement, but this can still be used in the championship if desired, but the car would not have ABS. The Bently is not allowed due to its pace and it being DLC some people do not have.

Driving Aids, Damage & Tyre usage

Force Real Aids: Yes
Stability Control: No
TC: Yes
ABS: Yes
Auto Start Engine: Yes
Flags & Penalties: On
Damage: Full
Mechanical Failures: Yes
Tire Wear: Real Time
Fuel Usage: Real Time

Weather
Weather will be determined based on an online forecast 5 days before the race day. We will be using http://www.myweather2.com/ forecast. Whatever is forecast 5 days before the event will be the weather (even if the real weather turns out to be different on the day). This will allow practice with race conditions prior to the race.

The idea behind this series is to have rooms with similar paced drivers in, creating great CLEAN racing at all levels, with everyone having someone to race closely with, whatever room they are in. The main aim is fun at first, clean racing, a little banter and good structured practicing through the week for the next track in the series.

This is an initial draft and may be subject to minor changes, but the basis is here. I hope to be racing against many of you in September! Feel free to tag people who may be interested and spread the word. Ideally we will have committed drivers who will make the majority of races, racing cleanly with each other around some great world tracks.

If you are interested please put your name down with PSN ID and send me a friend request, you will be put on the entry list for the series.

PSN ID XXszogunXX

Welcome aboard. Only a few more spots to fill now before it all starts!

Will there be mandatory pit stops for this series? Didn't see anything about it on the OP.

Not this series, as pit stops still have some issues. I would like to include them for next season after Christmas, with possibly one sprint race and a longer feature race. That will be next season though, I have learned messing about with rules after everyone knows a certain set, is a sure fie way to de-rail things. Hopefully they will implement a force stop option in a future update.

Just done a 2:16.463 with the BMW M3 GT .
Only for the challenge alone I would like to go under the 2:16.000 at Spa , but in the name of Jesus where will I find 0.463 to go faster phoewieieie not that easy .

I'm still lapping in the high 2:20's!

Anyone got any tuning tips? I've lowered the ride height, dropped the bump stop, removed the wings and made the gearing longer and I'm getting better sector times but I can't seem to keep it on the track for the whole lap.

I'm using a wheel now, so if anyone remembers me getting quick times that's a thing of the past.

I'll be online later and can set up a room to give some tips if you like? One thing to try is lowering the brake pressure a little, as the car likes to lock wheels and once they do, you will be heading straight off the track with understeer, or oversteer. The key is getting a big brake initially, then bleeding off the brakes as the car slows and the downforce reduces.

I'll be online later and can set up a room to give some tips if you like? One thing to try is lowering the brake pressure a little, as the car likes to lock wheels and once they do, you will be heading straight off the track with understeer, or oversteer. The key is getting a big brake initially, then bleeding off the brakes as the car slows and the downforce reduces.

I'm getting the knack of the braking now but since I've tuned it I've just made it quite unstable.

Most of the problems I'm having are user error if I'm honest :( mostly with the bus stop chicane and the tight right after the F1 finishing straight only bit I can get perfect is eau rouge - let off the throttle, drop to 5th get about a 1/4 up and then accelerate.

No need to lift through Eu Rouge. Getting the right line and full throttle could gain a second or more on that one section by the end of Kemmel straight. There are plenty of things that can be done to make the car more stable. Bus stop is a case of getting it slowed down and keeping it clean. The key is not sliding into corners, as that loses loads of time.

I'm still lapping in the high 2:20's!

Anyone got any tuning tips? I've lowered the ride height, dropped the bump stop, removed the wings and made the gearing longer and I'm getting better sector times but I can't seem to keep it on the track for the whole lap.

I'm using a wheel now, so if anyone remembers me getting quick times that's a thing of the past.
Same issue here i think my best is a 19.7

No need to lift through Eu Rouge. Getting the right line and full throttle could gain a second or more on that one section by the end of Kemmel straight. There are plenty of things that can be done to make the car more stable. Bus stop is a case of getting it slowed down and keeping it clean. The key is not sliding into corners, as that loses loads of time.

But it's intimidating :( and if my line is slightly wrong I end up in a 1-way trip into the wall.

I'll try and get some more practice today and see what I can do. I haven't played for more than a couple of hours in the last month so it's most likely that.

I noticed a load of the 3.0 changes, the tyre wear indicators are a nice touch!

haha, I bin it there quite a bit, but if you get it clean, for the one lap it is super quick. I should be on earlier this evening, as I need an early start tomorrow. What sort of time are you about later?

haha, I bin it there quite a bit, but if you get it clean, for the one lap it is super quick. I should be on earlier this evening, as I need an early start tomorrow. What sort of time are you about later?

I'll be home about 5ish but I'll need to make dinner shortly after.

I'm hooked on MGS as well so might not have too much time. I'm going to try and get an hour a day in and I should be good for Sunday. I'll be happy with a 2:20-22 as a qualifying time!

I am planning on being about from early evening until about 22:00, so we should be online at the same time.

I will do a roll call a little later too, I just have to transpose peoples PSN ID's to GTP names lol.

Back