PS4: T300 GTE or T500RSPS4 

• Thread starter Brit999
  • 586 comments
I connected them to the computer and I see the bar filling to late for my taste.
After the firmware update its even a bit more. Like 0,5 cm now.

Can't afford the better models right now.
I'm just that way. Especially after I had the other ones working so nice. They were filling the bar immediately.

As I still have the other one here, I might change them and go for immediate throttle kick in over scratching the pedal box a little. Will test this tomorow again.

300 euro isn't cheap so I want some quality. Everyone has their own tolerance level...!

Edit: so there is no way to calibrate the pedals manually?!
Use the in game calibration tool, I've never noticed any 5 mm gap and the red bar shouldn't fill immediately, it should be progressive? I think you need to learn how to calibrate the pedals and wheel properly, have a read in the forums, I just can't see how three sets can all be wrong? Go to the Advanced settings in the Contrlo tab, run the Calibration tool.

Use the in game calibration tool, I've never noticed any 5 mm gap and the red bar shouldn't fill immediately, it should be progressive? I think you need to learn how to calibrate the pedals and wheel properly, have a read in the forums, I just can't see how three sets can all be wrong?
I don't have Pcars! I do all testing in GT5 for now.
If Pcars offer pedal calibration it's fine!!
I mean like start to fill the bar, progessively! Not fully red or gray with a tip!

I mean like start to fill the bar, progessively! Not fully red or gray with a tip!
It's probably the game, I set mine up in Assetto Corsa, no problems at all. It should be fine in PCars, if you know anyone that has AC then try it, I'm sure they will be ok.PCars will no doubt have calibration.

I am driving with T300 pedals on GT6 at the moment, I am not sure if it is the same with GT5 but hopefully it is and this will help. When the game first comes on the wheel calibrates. The first press on the pedals after that calibrates the pedals (I think). I had the game start and the brakes were on or off with a slight press, I restarted the game and pressed the pedals all the way down just after the main screen came up, I then had full movement of the pedals back. Whether it was me doing it, or just the restart, I don't know. But surely worth a try? I hope this makes sense.

I am driving with T300 pedals on GT6 at the moment, I am not sure if it is the same with GT5 but hopefully it is and this will help. When the game first comes on the wheel calibrates. The first press on the pedals after that calibrates the pedals (I think). I had the game start and the brakes were on or off with a slight press, I restarted the game and pressed the pedals all the way down just after the main screen came up, I then had full movement of the pedals back. Whether it was me doing it, or just the restart, I don't know. But surely worth a try? I hope this makes sense.
i will try this tonight! thank you!
It's probably the game, I set mine up in Assetto Corsa, no problems at all. It should be fine in PCars, if you know anyone that has AC then try it, I'm sure they will be ok.PCars will no doubt have calibration.
the game!? i had it working with the other pedal set. ill try @Brit999's kind advice later or change the pedal set again.

Thanks for the reply. What makes you think that? Have you used one before?

Hi mate the T100 is as good if not slightly better then the logitech Dfgt. Only issue really is its not a sole ps4 wheel as T300. What I mean is you'll always have to rely on the developer that are making the games to support the T100 which there is no guarantee unlike the T300 which is the main and only fully supported ps4 wheel.

Hope this helps

Hi mate the T100 is as good if not slightly better then the logitech Dfgt. Only issue really is its not a sole ps4 wheel as T300. What I mean is you'll always have to rely on the developer that are making the games to support the T100 which there is no guarantee unlike the T300 which is the main and only fully supported ps4 wheel.

Hope this helps

Cheers mate. Appreciate the detailed reply.

I got one anyway and personally I love it, the only thing that I've thought is that if I enjoy this wheel as much as I do, then the T300 and T500 must be incredible!

But yeah I do have that concern, that the devs won't always support it, but to be fair I've only really got it for Project Cars so will do me nicely.

I'm ordering my T300RS tonight , I live in the UK so any suggestions on the best place to order from ? Many Thanks
Amazon have them at around £251.00 delivered! The GTE is around £239.00. I have the GTE which I prefer looks wise, but horses for courses!

Does the GTE just have a different wheel then ?
image.jpg

Hope this helps
Just my opinion, but no way a 270 degree wheel could be better for a racing simulator than a 900 degree wheel, even if the guts of the 270 degree wheel are better. Of course if the DFGT isn't compatible that's a whole different kettle of birds:dopey:

And it's cheaper, just need to map the buttons if using PS4
Yes I'll be using PS4 , great stuff thanks

Instead of double posting I thought I'd just edit this post .
So my T300 GTE turned up yesterday and I have to say I am more than impressed with it although I hasten to add that the last wheel I had you tilted forward to accelerate and backwards to brake and it had no base just a rim which sat on your legs . Wheel stand is coming around Tuesday so I'll give it a go with dare I say Drivedud as it's all I have on PS4 .

Last edited:
so, as a console (ps4) user, i will be able to calibrate my t300 pedal set ingame, right!? cause i need to get rid of that little bit of dead zone when pushing the pedals for the first half cm!

Just to clarify, the T300 RS is exactly the same as the GTE except for the wheel by itself? My GTE arrived recently and it looks really good, the grip on the wheel and lack of noise whilst turning the wheel is a massive bonus

Just to clarify, the T300 RS is exactly the same as the GTE except for the wheel by itself? My GTE arrived recently and it looks really good, the grip on the wheel and lack of noise whilst turning the wheel is a massive bonus
yes. just button layout and look of the wheel.

Hey everyone, I'm about to order my GTE version but Amazon is out of stock. Does anyone have any experience with box.co.uk as they come in £10 cheaper than Amazon plus they have plenty in stock.

so, as a console (ps4) user, i will be able to calibrate my t300 pedal set ingame, right!? cause i need to get rid of that little bit of dead zone when pushing the pedals for the first half cm!
Half a CM is nothing i wouldnt worry about that but if you really want it gone you'l need to take the pedals aprt and fix them yourself rather than in game, Some of us had 2-3 inches of deadzone.

Half a CM is nothing i wouldnt worry about that but if you really want it gone you'l need to take the pedals aprt and fix them yourself rather than in game, Some of us had 2-3 inches of deadzone.
thank you. ill keep that in mind!

Hey everyone, I'm about to order my GTE version but Amazon is out of stock. Does anyone have any experience with box.co.uk as they come in £10 cheaper than Amazon plus they have plenty in stock.

I got mine from shopto last wk , about £239

And I'm more than pleased so far with it !

Back