QM Exiles

• Thread starter bone_tone
  • 1,794 comments
The 3 extra mistakes are :
1/ if a team radio came and its the team principal (wifey) i cant afford to say dont speak to me in corners last time i said it she didnt talk to me for a whole week and i lost that race :nervous:
2/ i never sneez in the straight only 2m before the breaking point
3/ and the most popular mistake its when i try to refill my glass :D

I perfectly understand 1 and 2 - I for one had to move into the cellar when I started to increase my GT4 efforts 'cos my ex couldn't stand seeing a mature person playing a racing game - but 3 ??? Don't you have a 5l bottle with a straw mounted to your race seat :odd: ? Thirst doesn't count as an excuse, sir !

My wife bought me the PlaySeat Challenge as a surprise after seeing me Google more than a week for it before going to bed. I sold my EVO and PS3 more than 2 years ago. So very kind of her.

As a reaction I bought a PS4 pro with GTS and a new 65” TV and a T300 RS with shifter.

What could she say when she started it all....

@nordschleife51 Do you run tuned cars or stock?

I think I'll finally get to the race this week but I've got to warn you, I'm seriously race rusty... Can I apologise in advance? Just in case?:dopey:

Someone has to finish last though and I'll offer evens it's me.:lol:
We run BoP with tuning prohibited. It’ll be great to have you with us. You’ll do fine, just have fun. :cheers:

Good fun racing with you lot today. Hard work finding space at times so if I hit anyone, huge apologies. Especially StirlingMoose at Parabolica... I got caught napping when everyone in front stumbled over each other. Sorry bud.:guilty:

Suzuka was way too intense for my liking though. Some of the moves I saw are going to give me nightmares for weeks.:lol:

I think after he reviews some of the replays, he may need therapy and some of the racers will need to reapply for their race license.:crazy:

My missus was laughing at how big my eyes got in that race. Lots of ohmygodohmygodohmygod! said for 8 laps.:lol:

I imagine a few more races like that will shake off my race rust or will put me in the nut house.:lol:

Good fun racing with you lot today. Hard work finding space at times so if I hit anyone, huge apologies. Especially StirlingMoose at Parabolica... I got caught napping when everyone in front stumbled over each other. Sorry bud.:guilty:

No worries, mate, it was only a tap. ;) It's not like you ruined my race anyway. It was the first time I'd driven a GR1 in GTS and the first time at Monza so I was all over the place. And I ran out of fuel.

@Rizla - I was having similar problems before. Difficulty getting into the room, auto-drive starts, and not seeing other cars on the track.
It got a bit better when I moved the PS4 connection from the modem to my router, but last night I took the trouble to set up a static IP address and port-forwarding and I had no connection problems at all for the first time today. Fingers crossed it will stay that way. There are plenty of instructions on how to do it and it only took me about half an hour.

I could not join. Am opening a private room myself in 15min though. Was planned longtime. Almost all on soft hard tyres. Macboyilija. Maybe you can join in time if we manage to friends up.

American Sunday

Raptor race opening FUN
Streets of Willow Springs

Corvette Stingray Convertible N300
Lago Maggiore Centre I

Viper GTS ‘02 N500
Lago Maggiore East

1967 Chevy Nova N700
Monza without chicane

AC Cobra INTERMEZZO / PAUSE
Big Willow

Corvette/Viper Gr 3 - FINALE
Asace Village

It was the first time I'd driven a GR1 in GTS and the first time at Monza so I was all over the place. And I ran out of fuel.

They're a bit mental, that's for sure but weirdly, easier to drive than GT6's prototype monsters. I chickened out and grabbed the 4 wheel drive though. It's not a pleasant sight with me using rear wheel drive and worn tires.

I ran out of fuel at Suzuka while battling with RJ and completely forgot to go in the pits. A small part of me was actually glad about it though. I got to run a few corners all by myself.:D

I could not join. Am opening a private room myself in 15min though. Was planned longtime. Almost all on soft hard tyres. Macboyilija. Maybe you can join in time if we manage to friends up.

American Sunday

Raptor race opening FUN

Lago Maggiore Centre I

Viper GTS ‘02 N500
Lago Maggiore East

1967 Chevy Nova N700
Monza without chicane

Big Willow

Asace Village

I'm worn out now but if the offer's open for your next one, I'll try and make it.👍

Well ... well, that was ... tough stuff ... partially !
Reviewed Suzuka and Nürburg GP for more than an hour now : No one's been an angel ( except Sid probably :lol: ),
I'm perfectly ok with all these small taps and cars exchanging colors and all that ( contrary to sometimes
boring clean Sport mode races ) but there's been a couple of situations that have been plain dirty -
that wasn't "competitive" anymore but somewhere beyond 👎.
I'm exhausted now :crazy:.
Congrats to all the winners.

I ran out of fuel at Suzuka while battling with RJ and completely forgot to go in the pits. A small part of me was actually glad about it though. I got to run a few corners all by myself.:D

Saw that as well in the replay, wasn't sure if it was me blocking you from pitting ... anyway, pls take my apologies.

What left me watching with mouth wide open was to see two transitions say bye-bye ( temporarily ) :eek: - nice stuff, that damage feature.

@Macboyilija
Your race program looks really good, but like mentioned above, I'm done for now.
All the best for you and your events :cheers:.

Last edited:

American Sunday

Raptor race opening FUN

Lago Maggiore Centre I

Viper GTS ‘02 N500
Lago Maggiore East

1967 Chevy Nova N700
Monza without chicane

Big Willow

Asace Village

Looks like great fun. Unfortunately I can't get a network connection. Oh the irony.

but there's been a couple of situations that have been plain dirty -
that wasn't "competitive" anymore but somewhere beyond 👎.

Couldn't agree more. I got that rattled by it, I lost all concentration (and breath) and had to bow out for a race to settle back down. I imagine you'll know who I was spectating at Nurb and it wasn't pretty for anyone who got near them. Overall, the standard was good but it really got out of hand at times for some people.

Saw that as well in the replay, wasn't sure if it was me blocking you from pitting ... anyway, pls take my apologies.

No apology necessary as it was all my own doing. I was just trying to give you room and then completely forgot to fuel.:dunce: Went past the pits with .4 or 5 of a lap left and had to tiptoe the revs for 4/5ths of a lap. Quite a nice drive actually as I had plenty of time to admire the views.:lol:

I traded paint with you once or twice there but my head had completely gone by half way. You know it's not in my nature to use contact but I was waving the white flag by that point.

Once we get a bit of trust going with the others in there, I can see it improving, just like it did with the QM's.

... I imagine you'll know who I was spectating at Nurb and it wasn't pretty for anyone who got near them. Overall, the standard was good but it really got out of hand at times for some people.

I traded paint with you once or twice there but my head had completely gone by half way. You know it's not in my nature to use contact but I was waving the white flag by that point.

Once we get a bit of trust going with the others in there, I can see it improving, just like it did with the QM's.

One guess is enough. You must have seen me too for at least one and a half lap ... followed by a wide line overtake ... followed by a chicane and the last turn :irked: ! Glad I saved fuel for a long first stint to get away ...

No need to apologise for any contact. Trading paint has got something refreshing and there is lots of trust here.
However, here is knowledge also when punts are intentional ;) !
Get your breath back now, mate :lol:.

@bone_tone
That Atenza in black and red looked fabulous from behind ;).

I'll give them theirs dues. There was no discrimination on who they hit. Bone_tone, sid, reda, Stirling, and half a dozen others got exactly the same treatment.

I was seriously impressed with how they didn't react to it at Nurburgring though. Proper gentlemen.

Edited to remove cheesy sentimentality.

Last edited:
i made a mistake by pitting one lap before and i had to over manage my fuel in barthurst

I can't say I'm not happy about that as I was on fuel map 6 for the last two laps and I'd made mincemeat of my tires. I even drove a lap short shifting in oldphart's slipstream to squeeze an extra lap out but I was watching the gap to you very closely. I really couldn't handle another wheel to wheel encounter.:lol:

Did you only get to see it from behind? :)

Is that a dig at RJ's pace?:D

Anyway, I'd like to give it another try as I still had some fun clean little battles with you lot and a few Geezers, but being so vocal about the contact, I'm hoping I haven't burnt any bridges (@nordschleife51 ?) for another invite.

If the same couple of people are there, I'm fine with letting them pass me and I'll race with everyone else. I know I'm a wimp where contact's concerned but I've got to keep calm to keep the breathing regular. At Suzuka, I went from leaky bellows to sounding like a kettle whistle. I had to sit the next one out.:lol:

I think nordschleife51 save every race and rewatch it the day after ....but we used to it in QM sometimes peoples choise poorly in the heat of the moment plus keep in mind we won every race digta won barthurst i won interlagos and nurbu (rocket none:censored: ) and it hit me in monza so i give up the win :P

I'm still laughing for what you wrote about the Suzuka race, someone put the replay on the PS4 (just for friends ... :D) because I really want to see it and distribute some yellow card !! :lol:
It must have been really funny and terrible, you were upset !! 🤬

Nonno, I still have it !!! I'll share within the next hour ... I'll leave it there for let's say two days. I need to forget, too :lol:.

@Mwerte
It's not been the blocking, it's my job to find a pass ... but when I finally had passed him, he shortcutted the chicane and pushed me wide in the last turn :yuck:.

Last edited:
Back