QM Exiles

• Thread starter bone_tone
  • 1,794 comments
I can't be trusted not to try too hard to catch up.:P

Two for torque so well within limits light. I just keep running out of fuel to run my arms and legs, I can't keep the car on track (very demoralising) and need a day or three to recover every time I use it. Not fair on my missus either. While I'm moaning, she ends up doing more.

I'm happy. Mostly. I got a year's good rehab out of it that had to do me a favour and got to see how enjoyable using a wheel really was. It's gotta go though so I don't get tempted to use it.

Worried about you John ,a video game is not worth risking your health .I had to take a break myself recently (because of health reasons)so I do understand what your going through.Get some rest and maybe figure out a way to make yourself more comfortable .Your large frame stretched out on a on Playseat might not be the best for you .Whatever you decide to do I wish the best for you

a video game is not worth risking your health

Me: Doc, it always hurts when I do this.
Doc: Well, don't do it then.
Me: Oh, OK. Thanks doc.👍

:D

I knew it would sting when I had to give it up but I always knew it was going to be a temporary indulgence. The silver lining is knowing it's not going to beat me up any more. I've taken solace from that.:)

I appreciate the kind words. You guys are top drawer.:cheers:

Would you say £150 is a fair quick price for a perfect condition G29, Challenge and shifter?

Going to advertise it locally as it's too big to post. I'm done with lifting it.

Would you say £150 is a fair quick price for a perfect condition G29, Challenge and shifter?

Going to advertise it locally as it's too big to post. I'm done with lifting it.

Folks would bite yer hand off for that price. Make them do the dishes, ironing, hoovering & 100 press ups before agreeing to part with it.

Could get a good laugh out of it.

:(👍

Kilesa, I'm sorry you have these problems and I hope you can get well soon.
In the meantime you should train with the DS4. :D
I had hoped to have an evening meeting with the exiles but it went wrong!
There are, then, all the timetable problems now in Florence are 11.44, in London 10.44, in New York the 5.44, in Dallas 4.44, in Sydney 7.44pm, in perth 5.44pm, it's a real mess!
I'll have to run out of races during the week! :boggled:

Time to post ! What a revival here - even THE HAT is back.

First of all, great to hear that everyone of you is doing ok ... or ok again. I'm especially relieved that you were able to recover from your health problems, John. Nothing more important than that !
I imagine that it's a big loss for a true motorsport enthusiast to skip wheel immersion, however, if this is of any help, it's nothing but history that cars have wheel steering. It's just one method of input, could as well be something like bobsleigh steering or anything else, so please, for the future, use the DS4 ;) !
No matter how we keep the car on track - it has to do with skill.

Well, this get-together here makes things easier. I carry that with me for weeks now, so please allow me to take the opportunity to ... kind of say bye-bye.
My last online race was way back 1st of June last year and right now I don't see any incentive for a comeback.
Private lobbies have never been the way to go for me sadly and it's bad luck that the core part of GT Sport ( that one thing I hoped for ) got that annoying to me - it doesn't pull me in, it kicks me out. No racing for me any time soon but a giant sabbatical ... and one last race on the very last day to platinum the game.

I'll still be here on the Planet since it's a great community and I'll surely contribute every now and then ( do you guys take part in the daily mileage marathon ;) ? ), it won't be like before though.

Let me finally say that it's always been a great pleasure, good fun and an honor to share the track with you. Racing you guys felt like it should be. Thank you for that and - RESPECT !

Last edited:

First of all, great to hear that everyone of you is doing ok ... or ok again. I'm especially relieved that you were able to recover from your health problems, John. Nothing more important than that !
I imagine that it's a big loss for a true motorsport enthusiast to skip wheel immersion, however, if this is of any help, it's nothing but history that cars have wheel steering. It's just one method of input, could as well be something like bobsleigh steering or anything else, so please, for the future, use the DS4 ;) !

Well, this get-together here makes things easier. I carry that with me for weeks now, so please allow me to take the opportunity to ... kind of say bye-bye.
My last online race was way back 1st of June last year and right now I don't see any incentive for a comeback.
Private lobbies have never been the way to go for me sadly and it's bad luck that the core part of GT Sport ( that one thing I hoped for ) got that annoying to me - it doesn't pull me in, it kicks me out. No racing for me any time soon but a giant sabbatical ... and one last race on the very last day to platinum the game.

I'll still be here on the Planet since it's a great community and I'll surely contribute every now and then ( do you guys take part in the daily mileage marathon ;) ? ), it won't be like before though.

Let me finally say that it's always been a great pleasure, good fun and an honor to share the track with you. Racing you guys felt like it should be. Thank you for that and - RESPECT !
I can't believe it! We'll miss you RJ, always enjoyed racing against you :cheers:

Folks would bite yer hand off for that price. Make them do the dishes, ironing, hoovering & 100 press ups before agreeing to part with it.

Could get a good laugh out of it.

:(👍
I'm with @Rizla, I think it's an absolute bargain at that price.

You could also advertise on this site, you'd just have to stipulate 'pick up only' https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/the-trading-post.179/

I won't have to faff about with haggling at that price then. Cheers fellas.👍

In the meantime you should train with the DS4. :D

I fell in love with GT using a pad way back when so I started practising with it again last night. Time to stop being a whiny bitch and get on with it.

Three hours later, it was like I'd never put the pad down. I also found that what I'd picked up in car control on the wheel has stopped me over driving as much with the pad...or maybe the updates ironed a few things out that I struggled with before. I dunno. A very different experience.

Braking is a bit iffy as my brake markers aren't working out but that's a work in progress. No idea how I drove with sensitivity on 7 before though. That wasn't pretty.:lol: Dropped it to 0 and much better.

Either way, it was nowhere near as painful a transition as I thought it would be and I've got to admit it, I kinda enjoyed it. I didn't have to set anything up or pack it away, it was very comfy on the sofa with my feet propped on a foot stool, no getting out of breath and for the first time in a year, I can push without worrying about after effects! I can get used to that!:mischievous:

Long story short. I only put the wheel away 3 days ago, I'm (mostly) not missing it and there will probably be a lobby next Tuesday night.:D

You've always been at the top of the tree for sportmanship and a genuine all around nice guy so sport mode is bound to wind you up. If it worked properly, I'd tipped you for great things as you're so damn fast but sport mode simply doesn't let players like you shine and that's a shame. Keep practising though as who know's, PD may find a way of getting sport mode working as it should...or pigs might fly. One or the other...:lol:

Keep posting though mate. It's always good to hear your thoughts.:cheers:

@kilesa4568 Hi mate.

Sent you a voice message with a terrible joke. I was a bit Whisked up if I'm honest. My thinking was to give you a giggle as you've had a hard time of it recently.

I'm a bit worried it might have had the opposite effect. I hope not, wouldn't want to give you any grief whatsoever.

Cheers
Sidney

Sent you a voice message with a terrible joke. I was a bit Whisked up if I'm honest. My thinking was to give you a giggle as you've had a hard time of it recently.

I haven't logged in for a couple days so I'll look out for it when I do.👍

I'm a bit worried it might have had the opposite effect. I hope not, wouldn't want to give you any grief whatsoever.

That's got me wondering if I should listen to it...:boggled:

:lol:

I needed that joke and it did make me laugh...at just how bad it was! Thanks mate.:D

The wheel is advertised in the Trading Post on here but I haven't listed it anywhere else yet. Making 100% sure I'm doing the right thing first but I'm pretty sure I am.

I look at it like this. If I want to drive quickly (my version of quick:dopey:) again, I use the pad. If I want to just enjoy driving, which I usually do, I'll keep the wheel but I won't be able to race with it again. I'm like one of those daft dogs who chase cars. I just can't resist trying to chase it...with my one eye and 3 arthritic legs. This particular dog is so :censored:ed, it always ends up sat panting by the side of the road every time.:lol:

After a year of pedestrian (albeit very enjoyable) wheel pace, chasing lap times and driving like Colin McRae has just become fun again.:cheers:

I needed that joke and it did make me laugh...at just how bad it was! Thanks mate.:D

The wheel is advertised in the Trading Post on here but I haven't listed it anywhere else yet. Making 100% sure I'm doing the right thing first but I'm pretty sure I am.

I look at it like this. If I want to drive quickly (my version of quick:dopey:) again, I use the pad. If I want to just enjoy driving, which I usually do, I'll keep the wheel but I won't be able to race with it again. I'm like one of those daft dogs who chase cars. I just can't resist trying to chase it...with my one eye and 3 arthritic legs. This particular dog is so :censored:ed, it always ends up sat panting by the side of the road every time.:lol:

After a year of pedestrian (albeit very enjoyable) wheel pace, chasing lap times and driving like Colin McRae has just become fun again.:cheers:

Good on you mate. You know yer mind well enough if selling is the best thing to do.👍

Aye that joke was bloody awful. I was round at my pals a few weeks ago & leading the race quite comfortably when my pal Stoo quipped that at me. Needless to say I lost that race by quite some margin. Giggling & racing don't mix. :lol:

Hello QM Exiles

I apologize for what i m about to say to you with a heavy heart. I regret to inform you , Paolo ( calveron , nonno calvy ) had passed away on March 30th
I m deeply sad and sorry for this loss

What a sad day. Feels ( and hurts ) as if it's been more than just being internet race buddies.
R.I.P. Paolo ... and condolences to all of his family.

Thank you for letting us know, Reda.

That's very sad news. I'm never very good at expressing myself with things like this so I'll just echo @ROCKET JOE's sentiments as I feel they're very apt and I couldn't have said it any better.

Also, I know many of us here are either bordering on or in the high risk category for COVID 19 so please stay safe everyone.

Best wishes to you all,

Mick

Back