QM Exiles

• Thread starter bone_tone
  • 1,794 comments
x Kilesa
The penalty system is exactly the same as GT6, so aggressive driving is always rewarded.
Overcrowding inside curve, support and penalties for those outside ... that is, to Nonno Calvy !:D
That's how I get frustrated almost always.
In this new version of the game, however, there have remained various defects of the previous one, for example the various aids are even recommended by the manual. I personally prefer to drive with weak ABS and, in rare cases, TC to 1.
However, , I see lap times fastest of my 5 seconds and I feel is too much, though I'm certainly not the faster.
I could be wrong and correct my thinking if I saw the times that make the correct ones, like this group.
For example in today's Group 4 race with Lamborghini, I saw 2.082x (:bowdown: ??) not only by one but by various drivers and it seemed a little quick compared to my 2.12xx.
I will give to the horses !

Hey Nonno,
From what I saw on my leaderboard Maggiore best lap was 2.08.7.
3.x sec gap might seem large but with an overall lap length of about 2 min 10 sec this is not that bad at all.
Just an estimation from a long-time time trialer 👍.

Had a right mixed bag tonight. Started off with the Clio at Kyoto, did what I thought was a reasonable quali but started P11 and finished last. :dunce:
Moved on to Maggiore and after the first couple of corners realised I had no idea where I was going... hang on - GP II? I'm going to need a bit of practice before I'm doing that on-line.
While I was waiting for Suzuka to open I had my first go with the livery editor and put some GTPlanet stickers on my 911. That must have done the trick because I qualified P2 and took the lead on lap 2. Held on till lap 9 when I overdid it coming out of the hairpin and let the P2 car through. Chased him for a lap then did the same bloody thing again at the hairpin. Me and my leaden foot. I could have had that one.

While I think the SR is a really good addition that works well, I don't like the way it's removing a lot of the wheel to wheel action with people over protecting it. If you're good enough to improve on your rank and never hit anyone, surely you're good enough to go wheel to wheel if you get the chance?

The trust goes up a lot with each bump in SR so you can race accordingly.

I'd love going wheel to wheel, but it's early days of GTS and many of my competitors are largely unknown to me. I've made a lot of clean passes, but have not often been passed cleanly, especially mid pack, late laps. I'm B/S rating.

Regardless, I've been having a blast...

Hey Nonno,
From what I saw on my leaderboard Maggiore best lap was 2.08.7.
3.x sec gap might seem large but with an overall lap length of about 2 min 10 sec this is not that bad at all.
Just an estimation from a long-time time trialer 👍.
Ok,probably i drive too slow ... :guilty: for me is a mystake the replay mode without speed and gear, you cant see how the fastes drive

Ok,probably i drive too slow ... :guilty: for me is a mystake the replay mode without speed and gear, you cant see how the fastes drive

You have replays of the top 10 ?

... I had no idea where I was going... hang on - GP II? ...

:lol: Exactly what I thought on "GP II" first time. Oops where am I ? A lot of tracks can be run in either direction :boggled: !

Last edited:
I was slow here too, but from what I can see a lot of the fastest times were being set by going way off track - the penalty limits on this track seem to be much more lenient than on other tracks.

Also had fun at Suzuka last night, where my start position meant that I hadn't got through the chicane as the auto drive switched off, and I was off the track and in the gravel before I could get control of the car myself!

You have replays of the top 10 ?
No,i Didnt , i have only my race replay..
I did 101 racing on-line, i do not have a reputation to defend like some of you :bowdown: !
Unrecognized tracks, a little improvised driving, a pack of crazy riders pushing you form all sides, but a dozen victories for the old grandfather have bene a boom !:D
I just love running with other mans

I was slow here too, but from what I can see a lot of the fastest times were being set by going way off track - the penalty limits on this track seem to be much more lenient than on other tracks.

How could you see ? Ah stop, race laptimes, not qualifying ... yes ?
So Lago Maggiore is the new Red Bull Ring :lol: ?

Last edited:
How could you see ? Ah stop, race laptimes, not qualifying ... yes ?
So Lago Maggiore is the new Red Bull Ring :lol: ?
Yes, in the race, and looking at replays! You can gain a second by going offline at turn 3....

Don't know what the secret is to the Kyoto race today - finished 30 seconds behind P1, and people were going past me on the straights like I was standing still.

... Don't know what the secret is to the Kyoto race today - finished 30 seconds behind P1, and people were going past me on the straights like I was standing still.

If you find out, will you let us know ?

That's good enough for me then. I'll leave it alone.👍

Why ?
I just try to stick to what I always thought was cool ...
After one year or so of GT4 I found I was doing pretty good, then I discovered there was a whole world around GT outside of my living room : Where the great guys drive manual gears, run without assists and race by rules.
Hard to realize that I hadn't achieved anything but the idea was great and I loved it. So I started all over again.
I never got as quick as the top ( of course ) and I never will but the fact alone giving my best under the same conditions felt so right and very satisfying.
Times have changed now and I actually don't know where to go seeing many of the top times being achieved with CSA etc. as if it was the most logical thing in the world with it improving laptimes.
So pls m8 ( everybody ), feel free to do whatever you want.

If I'm comparing lap times, I want an apple/apple comparison. Active steering can skew the picture somewhat with how it can cover small steering mistakes. I've got used to not running it now anyway.

I've got a sneaky suspicion the DS4 needs weak counter steer but with me just starting, I want to feel everything the car's doing without help.

Traction control is another matter. At the moment, it feels like I'll never be able to drop it but I can't stand driving with it on either. It kicks in way too much with my rough steering and it's costing me a lot of constancy but I can't get the power down without it. ARGH!

The fact it's turned on by default for the controller and off for the wheel. It's like it's there to mask something wrong with DS4 inputs. You mentioned latency earlier so it's got me thinking the DS4 can't react quick enough to counter steer while a zero latency reaction directly from the console can.

I could be entirely wrong (and probably am) but it seems strange they recommend that particular assist for the controller.

The fact it's turned on by default for the controller and off for the wheel. It's like it's there to mask something wrong with DS4 inputs. You mentioned latency earlier so it's got me thinking the DS4 can't react quick enough to counter steer while a zero latency reaction directly from the console can.

I could be entirely wrong (and probably am) but it seems strange they recommend that particular assist for the controller.
Well possible of course. I don't see any technical reason however why a controller should have more latency than a wheel ( which is just another controller ). I'd think it's mostly for beginners of course and because you don't have sth like FFB anyway.

I'm not sure if a wheel uses bluetooth the same as a DS4. I thought the signal was sent over USB for a wheel while USB for a DS4 is just for charging.

Like I said, I'm probably wrong anyway. Just looking for a bad workman's tools excuse.:lol:

I'm not sure if a wheel uses bluetooth the same as a DS4. I thought the signal was sent over USB for a wheel while USB for a DS4 is just for charging.

Like I said, I'm probably wrong anyway. Just looking for a bad workman's tools excuse.:lol:

I should think twice before post :rolleyes: ... BLUETOOTH ... forgot about that. Searching for an excuse too :lol:.

Couldn't get on with it all, so don't know why I was so slow!

We could say it was PD magic :D.

Couldn't get on with it all, so don't know why I was so slow! The events at Dragon Tail and Northern Isle were much more productive for me.

@kilesa4568, saw you were on track at the same time as me, but we never made it into the same race!

I just had time for a few qualifying laps before dinner but I noticed you improved your own time during the same session. Moving the goalposts while I wasn't looking? :grumpy::lol:

I've still got the training wheels on with manual gears so I'm putting some more practice in before I get back to racing. Learning on tracks I don't know isn't helping but my fingers aren't getting tied in knots any more.

...and out of curiosity, has anyone done a QM since sport came out? I haven't thought of them at all and the PS3's laid dormant since the new game arrived. I'm amazed I dropped it so quickly and without really noticing.

End of an era I guess.

...and out of curiosity, has anyone done a QM since sport came out? I haven't thought of them at all and the PS3's laid dormant since the new game arrived. I'm amazed I dropped it so quickly and without really noticing.

Only once, early on when the GTS servers were down. It's amazing how primitive GT6 looks and feels in comparison. I think @MOPARbarrett5 is still playing but only because his PS4 is broken. But we are going to have a reunion, right?
I never realised you were using AT. Makes your driving even more impressive.

I just had time for a few qualifying laps before dinner but I noticed you improved your own time during the same session. Moving the goalposts while I wasn't looking? :grumpy::lol:

I've still got the training wheels on with manual gears so I'm putting some more practice in before I get back to racing. Learning on tracks I don't know isn't helping but my fingers aren't getting tied in knots any more.

End of an era I guess.
I've only fired my PS3 up once since the Demo came out and that was only because my T500 wouldn't fire up on the PS4. It didn't on the PS3 either so I ordered a T-GT. I kept trying the T500 every day (because I really suck with DS4) and on the fourth day it fired back into life. I had a fun time trying to explain to the wife how it magically restarted (and I'd already paid for the T-GT).

Good to hear you're giving manual a go 👍

Edited to add: I've also struggling with the whole ''traction control and countersteer assist'' decisions, but I'm really struggling without them in some cars and it seems a shame not to make full use of the flash dials on the T-GT, so I've resigned myself to using low amounts of TC when needed and turning it off on the sections of track I don't need it. Countersteer assist I use on a car-by-car and track-by-track basis.

Last edited:
I fired it up one last time for making the last two final USB gamesaves ... just being sentimental and 'cos I've always done so. The drives are in a little box now in a board and if I ever pull them out again, USB will have disappeared :lol:.
:lol: I still have my GT 5 gamesaves on USB (all three profiles). :embarrassed:

End of an era I guess.
Haven't touched the PS3 since GTS arrived!

I've got all but my PS 1 saves (I still have all my games), and still have my PS 2 + games and memory cards.:D

Edit: Sudden realisation, I think I'm a hoarder. :embarrassed:

Waving white flag.
At times of GT1 I probably sat in some dark corner with a Nintendo Game Boy playing Super Mario :dopey:.

But we are going to have a reunion, right?

I'd need something good to draw me back again. Like a decent pp level (500-600) tuned event and preferably on a legacy track as I'm really going to miss those.

I've only fired my PS3 up once since the Demo came out and that was only because my T500 wouldn't fire up on the PS4. It didn't on the PS3 either so I ordered a T-GT. I kept trying the T500 every day (because I really suck with DS4) and on the fourth day it fired back into life. I had a fun time trying to explain to the wife how it magically restarted (and I'd already paid for the T-GT).

Ah, I see. You put the fuse back in on the fourth day then? A cunning plan that could work for 1000's of sim racers looking for an upgrade. Wait for the dust to settle, then hey presto and as if by magic, it's working again!:lol:

I've also struggling with the whole ''traction control and countersteer assist'' decisions, but I'm really struggling without them in some cars and it seems a shame not to make full use of the flash dials on the T-GT, so I've resigned myself to using low amounts of TC when needed and turning it off on the sections of track I don't need it. Countersteer assist I use on a car-by-car and track-by-track basis.

I've given CSA a go tonight and found weak's effect to be very subtle. I didn't lean on it too much but it gave me a bit of confidence having it in the arsenal in case I needed it.

My traction control panel is always open but I've been able to drop it to 1 for the slowest corners with short shifting. Hopefully, I'll have a bit of throttle control soon and I'll be able to get rid of it. I can't stand the squirming the car does when it kicks in.:yuck:

The use of driving aids doesn't bother me at all. It's not like they offer a huge advantage like srf did, they just make unruly cars a bit easier to control. Apart from a few purists everyone used abs in GT6. I would turn it off occasionally for fun but I would never have entered an on-line race without it. My default now is abs weak and everything else off but I have to admit TC would have saved my bacon a few times. CSA is the only controversial one and I've not found that it gives me any significant advantage. The main complaint seems to be that, like AS in GT6, it allows top drivers to use extreme set-ups that would be uncontrollable without it. As I'm not likely to be racing against them that's not a great concern. I'd rather it wasn't there and I'm not sure why it is because it's of no great use to average drivers.

I'd need something good to draw me back again. Like a decent pp level (500-600) tuned event and preferably on a legacy track as I'm really going to miss those.

600PP Mid-Field?

Haven't touched the PS3 since GTS arrived!
I sold mine 2 days after GTS came out
By the way i dont have @ROCKET JOE and @Nonno Calvy and @FPV MIC in my friends list ....go add me plz
I didnt race a lot those 3 days ....making a lot of liveries with the ds4 ...Still waiting for my new wheel ... my connexion isnt that stable so alot of disconnected from daily races and lost a lot of DR because of it

Glad to hear others are struggling with TCS and driving aids, both mentally and physically. I was not looking to use them, but there are cars I have not figured out how to drive without some help.

The 911 RSR is a total mystery to me, with TCS the throttle is dead, without it is like flipping a light switch, insta-power. If I don't loop it, I'm so gentle on the throttle that turtles pass me on corner exit. Countersteer assist helps with that car, but it feels 'numb' with it on and I end up not going faster. Must admit I was never quicker in GT6 with SRF on, I never understood how to use it to my advantage, it was not a skill I wanted to acquire.

The 4C, on the other hand, I can drive with no aids and be quick. Not too consistent, but at least I'm not lost.

Back