QM Exiles

• Thread starter bone_tone
  • 1,794 comments
[QUOTE="ROCKET JOE, post: 12059866, member: 262771"@Mwerte sent me at least two dozens of Moroccon liveries for cars, suits and helmets
I m trying to find others moroccans players by showing the red green flag but still no luck ..... plus in gt6 i always run a red car with green wheels[/QUOTE]
It's a shame we're not on the same continent, as I've seen you're online in the Sport races at the same time as me sometimes. As we've the same ratings (B/S) we'd probably be in the same races, although your laptimes are way faster than mine!

I hope that PD take GTS international soon, in the meantime good luck with your hunt for fellow Moroccans.

I always thought your GT6 cars reminded me of watermelons.....:)

I like how Mic uses 3pt font for additional comments.

I've been happily following that nice and enjoyable tete-a-tete of @FPV MIC and @kilesa4568 :) but here's what I did last night :
Took the McLaren Gr.3 to Mt. Panorama track experience to see what I can get there and after an hour or so I ended up with a 2.06.8
with ABS only and being able to do mid to low 2.07 laps with some consistency. This car is a bit of a handful to me and probably will
never be my goto car, but any practice is good practice and I'm lucky to find some joy in such offline time trialing.
Smoothness and precision have always been key to fast laps but GT sport takes this to the next level, so if you have an eye on something
when driving ...
With this bit of feel for the car's handling I did some more laps with CSA on. It was noticable instantly giving more room for error when
turning in and exiting out, so unless you can handle a car perfectly a lot of confidence can be gained by the assist. Throttle can be applied
earlier and the car was less 'sensitive' on its rear. Each lap I did was faster than my fastest without CSA, biggest margin have been 8 tenths.
I did not try taking anything into the extremes - maybe on another day.

@kilesa4568
The hellcat livery is on the way 👍 ... I'm afraid though my liking for let's say 'less masculine' :D colors shines through again and while
@Mwerte ( I well remember your red / green NSX-R prototype :) ) fullheartedly designs Moroccan racecars I'm more on the showcar side
of things :lol:.

I always thought your GT6 cars reminded me of watermelons.....:)

Couldn't have said it better :lol:.

@FPV MIC
Is it wrong to say "Chin up !" ? ... Enjoy your new couple of hundreds of hp - I'll order a new car next week and while the S-FR isn't
available it's gonna be a 110 PS Toyota Yaris.

Last edited:
I've been doing a couple of 30 lap or 1 hour races per night (on the new tracks for experience) and I'm still really struggling with the physics. I'm going to go back to basics and only run with ABS as the assists are costing me too much consistency when they kick in. TC feels like I've got flat rear tires in the slow corners and the counter steer feels like it's hiding too many of my sins. When I overwhelm it, I'm in trouble.

From tonight, I'm going back to slow driving with just ABS to see if I can get a proper handle on the physics. I know I'm currently driving over my limit (like GT6) but the new game won't tolerate it. I need a fresh approach and try to build a different driving style. Should be easy...:yuck:

I'm afraid though my liking for let's say 'less masculine' :D colors shines through again

Oh man, I'm almost worried to look at it.:lol:

I've been doing a couple of 30 lap or 1 hour races per night (on the new tracks for experience) and I'm still really struggling with the physics. I'm going to go back to basics and only run with ABS as the assists are costing me too much consistency when they kick in. TC feels like I've got flat rear tires in the slow corners and the counter steer feels like it's hiding too many of my sins. When I overwhelm it, I'm in trouble.

From tonight, I'm going back to slow driving with just ABS to see if I can get a proper handle on the physics. I know I'm currently driving over my limit (like GT6) but the new game won't tolerate it. I need a fresh approach and try to build a different driving style. Should be easy...:yuck:

Oh man, I'm almost worried to look at it.:lol:
Have a go at the Kyoto daily from today, if you really want to struggle! I was 6 seconds per lap slower than the guy who won....

Having said that, he was 3 seconds per lap faster than the guy in 2nd - don't know how he managed it!

That's a massive delta.:eek:

I guess a lot of people still need to reach their target group for pace. If you're still on B, that guy must easily be a front running A.
No, we were all B/S - it's definitely a slippery track though!

I thought the DR starts on E for everyone and you race till you get to the rating that matches your speed? Like IMMORTAL would have to start with E as well but running with a top A rated lap time.

... but the new game won't tolerate it. I need a fresh approach and try to build a different driving style. Should be easy...:yuck:

Exactly that !!! Will take me some time to get there :boggled: ...

For you, I'll make a special "MostMasculine" render of the Dodge, my heart will bleed however :( !

Have a go at the Kyoto daily from today, if you really want to struggle! I was 6 seconds per lap slower than the guy who won....

Having said that, he was 3 seconds per lap faster than the guy in 2nd - don't know how he managed it!

Something else was going on - 6 sec constantly appears too much, even if he's got a clear track up front while you're stuck in traffic. Tested @StirlingMoose 's hint ? Would be great to point out laptimes.
Btw it's crazy how a message like this makes me want to have a try ( while my son is playing FIFA :irked: ).

I just tried out today's Kyoto one in the Genesis. ASM made the car a bit less unruly but didn't improve my lap time. CSA gave me a second. I'm still 6 seconds off the top times though. Funny old business. At Suzuka in a GR3 I was a couple of seconds off the top times, which seemed about right.
In GT6 I was always happier in road cars with harder tyres than racing cars. Here it seems to be the other way round.

And yes, the DR rating is not necessarily an indication of how good the driver is. I've seen B and C rated drivers in the top 10. It depends on how long they've been playing.

I just tried out today's Kyoto one in the Genesis. ASM made the car a bit less unruly but didn't improve my lap time. CSA gave me a second. I'm still 6 seconds off the top times though. Funny old business. At Suzuka in a GR3 I was a couple of seconds off the top times, which seemed about right.
In GT6 I was always happier in road cars with harder tyres than racing cars. Here it seems to be the other way round.

And yes, the DR rating is not necessarily an indication of how good the driver is. I've seen B and C rated drivers in the top 10. It depends on how long they've been playing.
It's difficult to see where to find 6 seconds isn't it?

It's difficult to see where to find 6 seconds isn't it?

Ain't it just? If I was six seconds off the pace in a TT I would be checking if I was on the right tyres.

ETA - It's a pity we aren't able to download the laps of the top 10 because I'd love to see how they're doing it. I've tried all different combinations of assists and tried to see if there are any corner-cutting opportunities but to no avail. If I practiced all night I might find another second or two, but another four on top of that...:confused:

Last edited:
New QMs on GT6…

Oh wait, wrong thread…

👍

I don't know if you've read the thread but if Mid-Field comes up again we're going to have a QM reunion. You're our eyes on the ground.
Not ready to make the jump yet? It's good but a bit po-faced to be honest. I miss the laugh out loud moments.

I'll let ya know when a Mid Field QM comes. I haven't made the jump. I don't think it's what I want in a Gran Turismo game. Part of that is based on the cost of a new PS4 Pro, wheel, game and PS+ subscription... part of it is content, or the lack thereof. Maybe when Last Of Us 2 comes out.

You guys might want to check out the new seasonal expert race. Autumn Ring reverse in 580 MR cars on SH tires. I'm down to a 453 PP Garaiya. Almost 130 PP below the regulation! Fun track and rarely used.

@bone_tone , @StirlingMoose
I've done the qualifying with the Hyundai for about an hour which was very helpful in order to find the car's weaknesses, what makes it go faster and what slows it down. When you race against your own ghost, things get obvious quickly. This run again is all about being smooth, effective and ... it's about braking ( in my humble opinion ) ... which I'm bad in but I've started to learn.

PS
Using ASM is totally gaga ... it's a huge speed killer.

@bone_tone , @StirlingMoose
I've done the qualifying with the Hyundai for about an hour which was very helpful in order to find the car's weaknesses, what makes it go faster and what slows it down. When you race against your own ghost, things get obvious quickly. This run again is all about being smooth, effective and ... it's about braking ( in my humble opinion ) ... which I'm bad in but I've started to learn.

PS
Using ASM is totally gaga ... it's a huge speed killer.
I thought it was a bit like driving a supermarket trolley on ice!

I thought it was a bit like driving a supermarket trolley on ice!

Really, if you have the nerves take your time to do some laps alone on track.
I found grip was not all THAT bad ( I've read about differences between quali and race though ), but any unevenness in your driving slows the car down. So you have to try to be as smooth as ever possible, use 3rd gear as lowest if possible and straighten out your line to the max :D.
I'm sure you'll find some time 👍.

PS
The 2nd gear is 🤬 short :yuck:.

Last edited:
Yesterday, like all Fridays, I could not play, my grandchild wants to shoot with metal g. , a game that is forbidden by her mom!
The other day I tried the overrun help and I do not like it, you have to use a different driving technique, anticipate a lot of steering because it automatically produces understeer and I give up immediately. I will only continue with abs and, if necessary, traction control at 1.
I would like to understand how to adjust my new G29 logitech to have a better feel with the car tires, but I could not find any hints anywhere. I will continue to search. My current steering adjustments are 7/8/3 but on the pedals I do not know how to do it ...

Yesterday, like all Fridays, I could not play, my grandchild wants to shoot with metal g. , a game that is forbidden by her mom!
The other day I tried the overrun help and I do not like it, you have to use a different driving technique, anticipate a lot of steering because it automatically produces understeer and I give up immediately. I will only continue with abs and, if necessary, traction control at 1.
I would like to understand how to adjust my new G29 logitech to have a better feel with the car tires, but I could not find any hints anywhere. I will continue to search. My current steering adjustments are 7/8/3 but on the pedals I do not know how to do it ...

So you support your grandchild's shooter ambitions against her mom, na na na :lol:.

CSA felt weird and didn't help me with this car. I'd say leave TC at 0 ... just my impression.

yes, it's a secret between me and my grandchild ...
I usually use TC only in the first laps with high-powered cars, then I take it off.
Only with some cars can I be faster with TC, when my feet, who have walked for almost 20 years more than your .... :D, do not make it to measure the accelerator

I find I only need TC on the front wheel drive cars, but even set on 3 they still spin their wheels......

They've only gone and used the Genesis again today, at Interlagos!

Time to get the iceskates out again :)

Plus, with Mount Panorama in the dark, I think a few DRs and SRs are going to drop today.....

Last edited:
Back