QM Exiles

• Thread starter bone_tone
  • 1,794 comments
Guess what ... my current GT League stats :
I've completed the Beginner, Amateur and Pro sections now after 37 hours, 175 races, 5,500 km, 95,000 mp and 13,000,000 cr. Cash is well spent for a Daytona Coupe so there's four cars left to buy ( or hopefully win ).
Enduros next after a short break :D.
Good thing is I've learned about some tracks that I didn't know as well as about some great cars.
I've always been a bit shy to say the least with the open wheelers, but they're well manageable. I won't enter online races with them though any time soon :scared:.
Surprisingly one of the faster cars have impressed me most :

IMG_0537.JPG

A true wow-car to me :cool:.

Last edited:
The Porsche and Gr3 endurance races are the pick of the bunch for me. A bit silly lapping all of the AI at least once but good races to chill out with.

I've done one practice session in 3 weeks and my last race (with Cory and Al) was about a month ago.:embarrassed: Every time it looked like I'd finally get a game, unannounced company would turn up and scupper it so now that Christmas is over, it's time to get driving again.

@kilesa4568 Hey mate ,your right it's been a spell since we have raced .Hopefully I'll see you soon. I need some guidance on the Porsche Cup Endurance race .No matter what strategy I use ,I end up getting passed for the win with a couple laps to go every time .There has to be a way to beat the AI that I haven't figured out yet :gtpflag:

I was planning on doing a few laps last night...until *company turned up.:rolleyes:

(*Old friend who's 30 year marriage hit the rocks over Xmas.)

I need some guidance

I take my time with them. Stock car and RH tyres with plenty of short shifting/drafting to stretch each stint out but look after your tyres. Use brake bias to even out the wear if you have to. The AI always rev out the car and usually need an extra stop so if you get to first place early enough, you can limit or stop the rubber banding.

Slow and steady wins the race. Perfect for me.:lol:

@kilesa4568 Hey mate ,your right it's been a spell since we have raced .Hopefully I'll see you soon. I need some guidance on the Porsche Cup Endurance race .No matter what strategy I use ,I end up getting passed for the win with a couple laps to go every time .There has to be a way to beat the AI that I haven't figured out yet :gtpflag:

If this is of any help, @kilesa4568 's approach applies to the LMP1 races too, so there's probably a pattern.
I've done two of them now with focus on consistency, stock car, RH tires, fuel map 2, pitted after 30 min ( without refueling on Nür GP ) and finished first with a 30 sec gap each race.
Weird to lap a 787 after 50 min of racing :lol: ...

Just did the Catalunya race shifting at 50% and limiting the trail braking to save tyres. 1st place by lap 14, pitted on lap 16 (2 laps later than AI) 35 seconds in the lead and lapped everyone by the end with about a 2 minute lead.

Going to do the Sarthe race next as I'm sure I had to save more fuel in that one. Whacking the fuel mix up a few notches at the top end of 6th etc.

It's worth turning up the fuel map in drafts, especially at Sarthe as the first 4-5 laps offer plenty of slipstream opportunities. Not vital though as it's reasonably easy to do a 6 lap 1st stint if you shift at 50%/8000rpm.

It must have been Suzuka you need go easy on. Sarthe was very easy to build a big lead.

It's a shame you don't get paid twice on mission races as the 919 at Interlagos is a cool race. The rubber banding is seriously strong in that one. Same with the 6 lap Gr3 race in the Atenza where you have to pit. The R8 that's always 2nd is rocket powered and makes for an edgy finish. Good fun.

Fuel map 1 is fine if you draft, short shift and coast like crazy. RH tire. Just watch the fuel map percent.

The Porsche 919 can do all the events with no stops, actually.

Can imagine doing the first two GR1 events without stop but not the Monza race. Been on fuel map 4, 5 or even 6 most of the time and had to stop once to do a full refill. Finished almost empty 1.4 sec ahead of P2 after 36 laps.

What do you mean when you say Just watch the fuel map percent and what is the resulting calculation. Or is it just a rough guess on how to handle fuel ?

... It must have been Suzuka you need go easy on. ...

Will do my best ... race start ahead :eek: !

Edit 1 :
Finished after 1h 07 min. A 35 sec gap but my car was on ice for the final 5 laps :nervous::scared::crazy: !

Edit 2 :
2-stop-strategy on DT, 55 min 20 sec. Saw P2 in front of me when I crossed the line :dopey: !

Edit 3 :
La Sarthe a la John 👍 !

Edit 4 :
Fuel map 1 through out for 1 stop on Catalunya. 58 min and 1 min 50 sec ahead. Done :D !
@a estes
The 911 races are more than doable ... stay cool, no mistakes and you'll win easily.

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Did a chilled out Suzuka and DT last night with the car detuned to N400. Still lapped everybody and 504K for each race. I wonder if it can be dropped to N300?

Been back at work today. Did one last marathon though yesterday running the GR3 enduros, so I can say GT League completed right in time :).
The whole thing's been worth 50 hours, 187 races, 7,500 km, 112,000 mp and 18,000,000 cr.
I doubt I'm a better racer now after all that mid corner braking, running outside lines and giving way to rocket powered cars :boggled:. AI behavior is so much different from what you find online - I wouldn't recommend it as good practise.
Anyway, after buying the Daytona I still got enough cash to look forward to the next update ... though rumor spreads the 956's got a 25,000,000 price tag :eek:.

18 million credits... It took me months to scrape Daytona credits together.:lol:

As much as I hate the AI, running all the different combos made a nice change.

Just a shame we can't have our own music playing to keep us company through them all. Other then subscribing to Spotify, is there a way that you can do it?

though rumor spreads the 956's got a 25,000,000 price tag

That would be a bugger if it's true. We've got a 20 million credit limit.:D

... Just a shame we can't have our own music playing to keep us company through them all. Other then subscribing to Spotify, is there a way that you can do it? ...

You probably can. It's a guess but ... if you go Options / Sound, then "More Settings" at the bottom and then again to the bottom ... you probably can choose from an external USB playlist similar to what we had in GT5 or 6.

And what kind of music would it be then, bro :cool::lol: ?

Sitting in the GR3 Beetle right now on Tokyo South bla loop, the lap @Tassie_tiger posted today. Didn't know neither car nor track, but I'm closing up ;). Won't reach him though.

Just packed away but I'll have a look the next time I'm on.👍

And what kind of music would it be then, bro :cool::lol: ?

Eclectic taste so everything from classical to heavy metal to dance. The only music I don't like is country and western and jazz. Country and western sounds like an audio book and contemporary jazz confuses the hell out of me.:lol:

You guys are the crew chiefs of Gran Turismo .Took your advice at Suzuka in the Porsche Cup enduro race. I putted around until I got my chance to do some hot laps ,pitted once on RH tires ,dialed down fuel map on straights .Won by 20 seconds . I swear Cory programmed the AI ,they give you a little opening ,door closes .They come from nowhere and ride your bumper .A lot of fun though if I can stay cool ,Suzuka always gets my blood flowing .:gtpflag:

We need a lot more of those races. Maybe something chunkier like 4 hours of The Ring as I really enjoyed that one. Chasing down Spec II GT's and 2J's. If they bring back the 9 hours of Tsukuba though, it'll play havoc with my OCD as I'll never run it and will never finish career mode.:lol:

Half an hour is a sprint race for me. By the time I've settled in, the race finishes.

Two to four hours is the sweet spot for me. Realistic tyre wear and fuel and with all four racing tyres to choose from for plenty of strategies. I can go as fast or as slow as I like whenever I want to. Tiring, but nowhere near as tiring as running ten five lap races.

Tempting myself into doing a custom race now.:lol:

I've been gagging for a shot on GTS all day today. Gave my chums a loan of the my PS4 about 2 months ago & decided I'd get it back today but they want to do a drink driving night tomorrow so shall wait. Haven't done any racing in ages. I'll be rotten ... Or more rotten than usual.

My pals had the 3 big TV's, 3 PS3's all equipped with with GT6. So when the servers got shut down they weren't impressed at all and have resisted all my attempts to get them to upgrade. The loan has done the trick though. Me old GT chum is getting one this week. About bloody time. 👍

Half an hour is a sprint race for me. By the time I've settled in, the race finishes.

Two to four hours is the sweet spot for me. Realistic tyre wear and fuel and with all four racing tyres to choose from for plenty of strategies. I can go as fast or as slow as I like whenever I want to. Tiring, but nowhere near as tiring as running ten five lap races.

Tempting myself into doing a custom race now.:lol:

If you want to make one of 40 minutes on Nurbur 24 h, initial fuel 51 liters, 3x petrol, 6x tires, gr3, RH, I am there. 22:30 hours sunny

For the Impatient

My Most Nerve-Racking GT Experience

I was about two years into GT. My driving was still very clumsy, however, I felt like a hero who was to complete his first ever video game - my GT4 Excel sheet was all gold with two blank spots left.
I decided to try the 24h of Le Mans first and after watching Dan Holland's hotlaps, I chose the MINOLTA Toyota for my car.

In case you do not remember : You could not stop these races and save your progress in between - all you could do was pause it and keep the PS2 running. Since I could not imagine to run in realtime, the idea was to split it up into six 4h stints, one each day from Sunday to Friday ... which led to an even bigger problem.
Being afraid of my wifey or kids accidentally pulling the plug on some rainy Wednesday, I grabbed my things together Sunday afternoon and went to my office which seemed to be a way safer place. Nuts but safe.
Mounted the PS onto my desk, cable 1, cable 2, Power on ... I picked the MINOLTA ... another cigarette and off I went.

The first stint was perfect, I pulled away from the field which was one lap down in the end, great. Pause !
The drama began on the very next day though.
After about six hours into the race, with my colleagues still at work nearby, chassis wear came into play. I had read about it and there it was ! What once was a stable car turned into a nightmare. Two hours later it felt almost undrivable, I even lost it on Hunaudieres. I was a couple of laps down - and what once seemed a great idea turned to become the most embarrassing flop ever. Pause !

I survived that night and survived work next day, constantly struggling whether to go on or stop that insanity. Must have been the last bit of hope that made me continue the race. I desperately tried to adapt my driving to what the car allowed for ... and at the end of that stint it actually started to pay. Pause !
You guess the end now so I can keep it short : Friday night I actually won that race. 5 on the Richter scale from the rock that dropped off.

I had to apologise to my family and my colleagues for being an obnoxious wreck ... which was easy compared to

My Most Nerve-Racking GT Experience

Never give up !

@coryclifford Of course it's a compliment .Your driving style is very unmistakeable .I just don't understand how you got the clean race bonus doing these enduro races.It took me 4 times at Suzuka before I won one .I was trying to get the big money clean race bonus ,but gave up and went for the win .The AI certainly has some personality in the enduro races compared to the GT6 races.

Back