Racers Reunited. It's over! RR GT6 is no more. Tuesday's will now be for GTS (Maybe PC2 some times)

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,681 comments
20171017_181148.jpg
Hi guys. I got this today, so now I'm going to dust off my driving skills again. Hope to see you in GT sport later! (feel like Christmas Eve today):D:cheers:

I've just picked a car from this list
Alfa Romeo 156
Alfa Romeo 166*
BMW 120d
BMW 120i
BMW 330i
Citroen C5
Citroen Xantia
Ford Focus ST '13
Ford Taurus SHO
Honda Accord Euro-R ('00 & '02)
Honda Civic Type R '08
Lexus IS200 & IS300 (all generations)
Lexus GS300*
Mazda Atenza/6 (all versions; not Mazdaspeed)
Mazda Familia/Protege
Mercedes-Benz 190E
Mercedes-Benz A160
Mitsubishi Lancer EX
MINI Countryman*
Nissan Primera (all generations) & Infiniti G20
Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT (not '08) & Infiniti G35
Opel/Vauxhall Vectra
Pontiac Vibe GT
SRT SRT-4
Toyota Altezza
Toyota Aristo*
Toyota Corolla
Toyota Will VS
Toyota Voltz
Volkswagen Golf IV GTI
Volkswagen Polo GTI
Volvo 240 GLT*
Volvo S60
& brought it to meet the specs.

I'd have liked to have done a few more so I could mix things up but alas time was a factor. I have no idea how fast the car is. The driver will be rusty for certain.

Very sorry but I'm going to have to miss tonight. Wish I could have joined you all as I have a bad feeling that with GTS out tomorrow this could potentially be our last meet on GT6!!
I only had the civic ready but it's great fun but nowhere near some of the times I've been hearing! Have fun tonight all and I'll still be around on GT6 for now. Hope to get a PS4 by Christmas and then I'll convert to GTS.
BW
:cheers:

Well I enjoyed that. I was unusually competitive! I'll put it down to my car choices. That SRT4 is a cracker and the diesel power wasn't too bad either.

Good to see everyone, especially @Conformation making his rare appearance. And well done to @Famine for being quite swift in the Swift.

this could potentially be our last meet on GT6!!
I hope not, I haven't bought GTS yet. ;)

GT Sport does not support Clubs in the same way GT6 did. Have you looked into PS4 Communities as a way to continue RR on GTS?

I've heard it doesn't support mics or allow for untuned racing either. True?
I've been mucking about with Campaign Mode so much I've not even looked at the private lobby options.

GT Sport does not support Clubs in the same way GT6 did. Have you looked into PS4 Communities as a way to continue RR on GTS?

I don't have a PS4 yet Famine, but should have one within the next ten days or so.

I just went to the GT Sport section of GTP with a view to starting a thread in the 'Clubs and Leagues' section. But there isn't one. Can I take it that there shall be quite soon?

Cheers, Zo.

Here's something from last night, I experimented a bit and made a video I don't normally do. Pretty happy with it.

It contains pre-race banter from before race #1, then it goes onto the proper race replay using the trackside cameras and finally some more banter post-race.

Do check out that moment in qualifying when I knocked over some cones towards the end, and Famine got them knocked over on his screen as well!, even though we were all on our own. :lol:
Good stuff.

Anyone fancy a go in the karts at some point? I know they are not to everyone's taste but I (and Jocke?) quite like them and they are always good for a laugh.
Shifter karts around London is usually fun. There's a couple of short custom tracks I've found that also suit them.

Anyone fancy a go in the karts at some point? I know they are not to everyone's taste but I (and Jocke?) quite like them and they are always good for a laugh.
Shifter karts around London is usually fun. There's a couple of short custom tracks I've found that also suit them.
I'm up for karts. The shifter around Monaco is one of those rare occasions
when I find that 'zone' people often refer to.

I haven't tried this track but at a mere 440 metres in length and 12 metres in width
I would think it's perfectly suited for karts.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/club-ring-mini.6290/
London as you mentioned could be fun, too.

We wouldn't have to do karts all evening, but a few races would be fun.
Famine's sure got some nice experience from them.

Yeah London's good because the closeness of the barriers highlights the speed.

@eran0004 has also been busy with the enhanced editor and made THIS track especially for karts - probably better with the lower speed ones.

And THIS is another which is a little longer but good for the shifters.

I'm not sure if he's still got them in his list so the links are to mine.

It contains pre-race banter from before race #1, then it goes onto the proper race replay using the trackside cameras and finally some more banter post-race.

That's a fantastic video Jocke. Sorry about the potty mouth, didn't know I was being recorded :dopey:

So what's Tuesday's shenanigans going to be?
I'm up for karts.

Sorry Jocke, but last Tuesday got me looking at something a bit similar... mighty motors of 2008, at Trial Mountain.

Eligible cars, Ferrari California, BMW Z4M, Alfa 8C, and the Nissan Z34, all at 475BHP and minimum weight (with the exception of the Cali, which needs extra weight to bring it down to 535pp, at which point it's competitive). Racing soft suspension, full transmission mods, C/S tyres. Same win penalties as with the touring cars.

We could knock out three of those, followed by a couple of sprint Kart races :)

Got me a PS4 and GT Sport, just need a bit of time to give it a spin now...

Sorry you can't be with us @Conformation , but there's plenty of belting racing to come, I'm sure 👍

Cheers, Zo.

I don't have a PS4 yet Famine, but should have one within the next ten days or so.
Got me a PS4 and GT Sport, just need a bit of time to give it a spin now...
I had a look at how the lobbies are set up compared to GT6 and it seems there are lots
more options available this time around.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171019230226.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171019230237.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171019230244.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171019230302.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171019230322.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171019230357.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171019230404.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171019230424.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171019230430.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171019230525.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171019230529.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171019230553.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171019230624.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171019230648.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171019230752.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171019231626.jpg

Those messages were meant for you guys here, there weren't anyone else but me in that lobby. :P

Oh, and I met Kaz on track earlier tonight. Was pretty funny seeing his name
as one of the competitors.

Lily and I now have PS4s and Sport. It's tricky, innit? Also, we have old steering wheels so we need that newfangled steering wheel dongulator thingy. Looks like you have to order it from the US (presumably because it's not a mainstream thing, but I approve of innovation and free-enterprise so that's OK.)

When you say minimum weight is that for each car or is there a specific overall limit?

It's overall Paul, but I don't think that any on the list will go lower anyway... possibly.

Are we still on for CS tyres on Tuesday or is it RS now? :mischievous:

Horses for courses, you cheeky monkey. C/S on GT6 is about the equivalent of R/S on GT Sport 👍

Cheers, Zo.

Alfa or Neeesan for me tonight. :)

1m37.9xx for both in free run from the garage, but I'm fighting the urge to drift every corner like Jeremy Clarkson. And by that, I mean, badly. :D

Last edited:
Great fun racing last night. I meant to race the Z4M but realised once online, I was much more stable with the Ferrari. I was amazed how fast it was even with nearly 200kg of ballast.
Well done Venari. Amazing performance in the 8C. I had a good tussle with Jocke and others. Sorry for the bumps everyone. I'm not around next week but will still be on GT6 for foreseeable future.
:cheers:

Back