Racers Reunited. It's over! RR GT6 is no more. Tuesday's will now be for GTS (Maybe PC2 some times)

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,681 comments
The Moderator TB has helped me delete a few polls in the past. He's very friendly.

Thanks Jocke, I've sent him a PM. I thought that I'd set the thing to delete itself after seven days, but I might be wrong.

Thanks for Alpining us today, Zo
Yes it is a great little car. Just call it the Alpine Club and we'll race them every week. :)
The alpine is a beautifully balanced car. :cool:

Looks like Alpy has hit the spot. We'll definitely have to have another session with it in the near future.

I'm glad that it was an enjoyable experience generally on Tuesday chaps, but I must confess that it didn't do the job I was looking for in respect of tightening up the field, or making the fellas at the front sweat for their glory.

So.......... onwards to Tuesday 29th Sept, and the next instalment of my dastardly plan to bring greater equalisation to all. Not total equality, the fast guys should always have the best chance of winning, but by smaller margins, and with the rest of the pack hunting them down more effectively.

Paul, I think you'll like this. No, we're not using boost, but we are on those super grippy S/H tyres. Don't worry guys, the cars are well worthy of them.

Where will you find full details of my master plan? Post 2 of course.....

JOCKE'S MATES!! Tuco Racing (Tight, tight, tight!). Tuesday 22nd Sep

Look at me, getting all technical and that, like.

Cheers, Zo.

Championship Format...
... the last race and the champion will be crowned.
Looks good Zo. You've been to Jocke's school of novelty race ideas. :)
It's interesting because, in theory, you're not going to know which car you'll be in at each track.

I don't think I've got any of them so you've got me off spending my credits again. I'm down to my last 45 million you know. :P
I'll have to start doing that seasonal TT's and races again to top it up.

Look at me, getting all technical and that, like.
Next week you'll be posting in multiple colours with added pictures and videos!

TB
Minus ten points to Slytherin for LYING!
That's Jocke, he's a bit Harry Potty. :D

Next week you'll be posting in multiple colours with added pictures and videos!

The word 'media' gives me a headache Paul. I try, but I must have some sort of physiological block on that sort of stuff.

ATTENTION! VERY UN-IMPORTANT NOTICE.

I don't intend making a habit of this fellas, but since there will inevitably be some switching of cars on 29th, could you perhaps declare a uniform for yours, and a number if you have a preference.

I'll kick off: Fame Opal Orange Pearlescent. Stock wheels. 32.

Cheers, Zo.

Looks good Zo. You've been to Jocke's school of novelty race ideas.
I think it's brilliant that Zo's ideas keeps us going forward.

TB
Minus ten points to Slytherin
I never believe a word Jocke says
Jocke, he's a bit Harry Potty.
What just happened?
:lol:
👍

jocke hung back and kept me company or it would have been a lonely race
I was happy to wait for you, C. It's not often I get to race with you in close proximity anymore.
Normally you're at the front.. while I'm happily driving at the rear. :)

I think the only way to keep the chasing pack together for longer would be to use light boost instead of the draft.
I've only ever experienced one race with the boost settings before.

Somehow (some months ago) I ended up in a Brazilian lobby, just me there with six or seven Brazilian drivers
at High Speed Ring and I believe the host had the Boost setting on 'Strong' or 'Heavy'.
I have to say it was pretty enjoyable that race, though it would probably be a much better experience
with our group of drivers here. Those Brazilians were a bit.. crazy.

I just had a look in the GT6 manual Paul, and it doesn't mention the difference
between light and heavy boost. Have you tried them both before?

could you perhaps declare a uniform for yours, and a number if you have a preference

I'm hoping to make the Tuesday races again, Zo.
If so expect to see me in the color 'Beans' joined with
the number #86.

Edit;
Make Dusty drive a Ford Focus for all the races.

I haven't been on GT6 much over the last couple of weeks but I should be free just in time for next Tuesday.

The format for next week looks good. :)

In my experience, boost can be fun for a change but it is a strange effect that turns everything into a bit of a lottery.
If we are using car selection as a handicap, I would suggest using no boost otherwise the handicap that is installed through clever imagination will probably be completely negated by the boost.

Edit:
I usually try to use oranges or yellows & #37.
I'll kick off: Fame Opal Orange Pearlescent.
Which leaves me yellow #37 if that's ok.

Not sure if I can make it but if I do, I will use #33 and my Mixer Shuffle color pasteltone001c if I remember correctly...

Edit: Checked. All three cars are on the Performance Coupe list of makeshiftt shuffle 👍

Last edited:
The word 'media' gives me a headache Paul. I try, but I must have some sort of physiological block on that sort of stuff.
Don't worry about it. You keep those little grey cells in use for race planning. ;)

I just had a look in the GT6 manual Paul, and it doesn't mention the difference between light and heavy boost. Have you tried them both before?
As with most things PD leaves you guessing and having to work out what various options do yourself. There's usually some vague description that confuses you even more. :crazy:
Boost - I've never really know what it actually does. I do know those towards the rear tend to get a little quicker but I'm not sure if it's giving them more speed or more grip (or both). Whatever it's doing the effect lessens when they approach the leaders.

I've only experienced heavy boost in dirty NASCAR races (yes I know, it was in gt5 though) and it is a bit too extreme. You could catch up after a lap or so - but worked well for that type of race.

Light boost however, I've found, works quite well since it's more subtle in nature. I was in a room where they did a test. First race was normal and over 5 laps the field (7 cars) got split up slightly and finished 10 to 15 seconds after the leader. Second race light boost and the field was within 4 seconds! It was quite intense. I should point out the top two were the same in both races though. So I don't think it penalises those at the front.

If you are going to crash out you still do.

Mallet says it wouldn't be appropriate in a handicap race or indeed a championship and I agree completely, but used with some good clean club racers it could be fun.

Make Dusty drive a Ford Focus for all the races.
In reverse. :)

FAO Zo...
Colour - Vert Tiaga (greenish). Number - 8. Wheels - yes.

Not sure if I'll be available to attend on Tuesday.
Already got the cars but they've been tuned a lot.
Potentially need to but them again.

If I do make it can I have
Colour: Amaranth pearl
Number: 88
Wheels: have no idea but they'll be on hopefully.
:cheers:

I was in this week, a year older and got this beauty as a gift! Will have Nero Nemesis color of the car and GT Chrome 010 - W on the rims. My numbers may be 23 !

It is a great car! 👍 I have one tuned for drifting and one otherwise tailhappy CS tune :)

Found this video from youtube. There are people who love the real car as well ;)

Happy BDay (week?)! :cheers:

Now while my mechanical mind can work out most mechanical problems my academic mind is crap so Zolon will you be on mic on Tuesday night to tell me were I should be starting from etc if not I will do what I think is right and hope for the best, if its wrong or any one thinks I'm cheating sorry in advance.

I have laughed when seeing qken's username for over a year now (ever since we all started racing the Z8's) but never mentioned it before.

If you pronounce qken in Swedish.. well I can't translate it here or a mod would hand me ten points, let's just say it's a shortened version of a PG-rated human anatomy word.

Zolon will you be on mic on Tuesday night

Hi Coke. Paul's right, I'll hopefully be there early enough to set up the room myself and will have mics at the highest level. I'm expecting to have to do some chatting between races and will ask for them to be muted during the racing itself.

There's no way I could sort it out without vocal communication I don't think.

Roll on Tuesday!

Cheers, Zo.

So it's not a shortened version of extremely fast Kenneth's nickname (Quick Ken) then? :P

Happy birthday Q. I had arrived at the same conclusion as Paul. I think I'll stick with that thought in mind, rather than the reality, when we're racing.

I seem to recall that the motoring journalists were very complimentary abut the Piazza when it was in production, especially after Colin Chapman's guys had got their hands on it. I've just tuned mine out of its head and it's up around 500pp. Not had a spin in it yet, but if it lives up to its hype we could end up racing it. Watch this space.

Cheers, Zo.

Lol quick ken really like your version of qken and will gladly called for it. Perhaps the fastest Kenneth in :gtpflag: history:lol:. So i gonna try to explain my username( whit Google translate my english is not the best) it was when I bought my PS3 in 2007?! So after 15 trials with different names I shouted out a frusterat gender word..DICK.. and i got an idea. Dick ( Or the more worst word of dick in english )and qken or kuken sounds the same in Swedish. Juste as mate and m8 in English . If you now what i mean.:cheers: Hope i don't get 10 points for this:bowdown: See you guys tomorrow.

I'm going to get on early to set the room up tonight fellas, but I might not be able to stay there much before 7.30GMT, but I'll see you all ASAP.

I'm fancying having visible damage on for SS Route 5, so we can see who's giving their beautiful machine a battering on them unforgiving walls. Speaking of which, I can recommend being very careful entering the first tunnel. If you go in too quick and light the tyres up it's no easy task getting through without contact. Should be quite telling by the end.

Cheers, Zo.

Back