Racers Reunited. It's over! RR GT6 is no more. Tuesday's will now be for GTS (Maybe PC2 some times)

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,681 comments
The only thing on there seems to be a splash up the panels from a dirty puddle of rain or something
My "splash" came about when I realised that I was ahead of Dusty! This in itself was a bit of a shock so I looked back to see where he was. He was quite close! I looked forward again and someone had put a barrier in the way. I ricocheted off and carried on while Dusty snuck by.
Although I did get past him again. :)
But he overtook me again later. :grumpy:

Just checking before I buy one @Zolon32 - It's only the Chromeline R8 that's allowed? It does look nicer with it's shiny bits.

It's only the Chromeline R8 that's allowed?

Yep, that's correct Paul, it is quite distinct from the other R8s in the way it drives. And you're right, it does look pretty damn good.

Mid-Field Raceway_1.jpg

Hi Zolon some of the closest racing and brilliant fun was when we had the VW Samba vans tuned to the max, not the fastest but we all went round the track bumper to bumper and side by side.......the slower cars often produce the closest racing.......just an idea....cheers for reading

Oh a fuel saving race too. ;)

Just thought I'd mention it chaps, of course Paul is a massive favourite for the fuel saving race, the rest of us will definitely just be racing for second. Just thought I'd mention it................... :)

Cheers, Zo.

I really wanted to attend, especially after missing last week. I did a practice run for the econo race & was interested to see how everyone's strategies would compare. I'm sad all over again that I failed to be in the race tonight. Real life has been a busy ****er recently but that might change again in a bit.

Great fun in the R8. My preferred race was the flat out one, but was still engaging holding back on the slow one.

Samba bus next week then. Got to love the diversity lol. Fully tuned with nitrous on racing soft is it :lol:

disappointed I can't even win a slow race :lol:

I think we both made the same mistake Coke, leaving down force at max. Still, it's one I won't make again, damn frustrating, I thought that the format would make for an interesting tactical battle.

Thanks for your attendance last night guys, I think that the R8 was a superb suggestion. All we've got to do is find a way of taking Dusty's wheels off and we'll be fine.

Coke, do you have any preference for the track or tracks you would like to see the Sambabus races take place on? Oh, yeah, and what tyres do you fancy? Just call it how you want, variety is the spice of GT :).

Cheers, Zo.

I thought that the format would make for an interesting tactical battle.
It was. The trouble I suppose was that we got a bit spread out. Mid pack there was some decisions on whether to go or stay. With more drivers in the race it would have proved more challenging.
Don't give up, try the idea again sometime but lets put some water in Dusty's tank first! :)

I did remove some down force but it seems not quite enough.

Ref the Samba Zo the last time we had fully tuned no Nitro, I would think sports hard would be ok due to its old fashioned suspension.
How's about Tsukaba and Rome should produce some close racing, what are your thoughts Zolon?

last time we had fully tuned no Nitro

Don't worry about that Coke, I know you're getting on for that sort of thing, but you just hang with us young uns and it'll all be okay. My thinking was that nitro could be used on the Sambabus without turning it into too much of a wild thing.

And, as it happens, I think the tracks you've chosen will pose sufficient questions as to when to use it to introduce a bit of tacticity (new word, I quite like it).

Cheers, Zo.

Tacticity........like that word I may well use it at work tomorrow...bet no one asks what that means but just agree with me...luv it.....No props Zo I'll just follow what ever you suggest then I can just be down with kids...cool man....MMmmm thinks I"m still stuck in the sixties....must change my clothing after that Samba race....WOW can I snort Nitrous?....now wheres that spliff gone.

My thinking was that nitro could be used on the Sambabus without turning it into too much of a wild thing
With all power upgrades and if nitro is set for 100℅ burn that'll be 394bhp! I think. Quite wild. :crazy:

Nitro definitely can be used for Tacticity©.
Do you have it set to max burn for all out power but short usage. Or do you reduce it and be able to use it for a longer period. What will everyone else have their's set to. And at what points do you use it. Decisions decisions.

And it doesn't refill during a pit stop! So use it wisely.

Last edited:
I might have chance to join you with Samba. What track? Grand Valley? Autumn Ring? Forest Raceway? Sarthe? "Green Hell"? Or even Sierra? What tires (sport hard)?

Found an ex-Sambabus Club here in the GT6 forum.
I believe bergele @Cu3e was one of the members. :)

I've got Kingklingeling set-up envy. I must get the wife out on the streets to bring some cash in and sort out a three screen arrangement myself.

What track? Grand Valley? Autumn Ring? Forest Raceway? Sarthe? "Green Hell"? Or even Sierra? What tires (sport hard)?

It's going to be Rome and Tsukuba Jammy, those tracks do produce close racing in my experience, and yes, it'll be S/H tyres. Not sure on the number of laps yet, but I'll aim for around twenty minutes. Edit, it will be 13 laps of Rome and 18 laps of Tsukuba.

Cheers, Zo.

Last edited:
Back