Racers Reunited. It's over! RR GT6 is no more. Tuesday's will now be for GTS (Maybe PC2 some times)

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,681 comments
giphy.gif

Checking Samba's specs (full tunned)
  • 197 bhp
  • 418 pp (oil change)
  • 920 kg
  • with Nitro
Is that ok?

Edit: My Samba's color is Turchese Farfalla (light blue), #21

Last edited:
My plan to run this week with you has been change (real live changes) so I can't join you this week but hopefully some other day it would happen.

Chaps, Jocke has been kind enough to set up a TT in our club room. It's around a created course called Deja Vu. It's wonderful, and I'd like to race there some time if there's sufficient support.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/racers-reunited-deja-vu-tt-club-1001609.336558/

I think that's a link................. woooohoooooo!

Anyway, please give it a spin fellas, and let me know how you get on with it.

Cheers, Zo.

Chaps, Jocke has been kind enough to set up a TT in our club room. It's around a created course called Deja Vu. It's wonderful, and I'd like to race there some time if there's sufficient support.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/racers-reunited-deja-vu-tt-club-1001609.336558/

I think that's a link................. woooohoooooo!

Anyway, please give it a spin fellas, and let me know how you get on with it.

Cheers, Zo.
I saw the TT yesterday and went for a couple of laps with the Sambabus in tonight's race regs. did a 3'59" on my last lap. I really liked the track. Very nice flow. Some very technical elevations make some of the corners very difficult to nail like the gap near the apex of the last turn of the esses or the mid-turn bump of the 2nd to last corner. Looking forward to race there someday. cheers

Brilliant fun tonight and thanks for hosting Zolon. I always enjoy those two tracks but found the second race the most fun, good tight track that you could really throw the bus round after slowly getting through the field ended up with a good battle with Zolon managed to get by and not long after Zo unfortunately lost it then the next brilliant battle was with buybon well done mate can't beat a good clean battle to make you smile. As ever well done to Dusty for your wins still don't know how you do it :)

Sorry Zolon due to family commitments i.e. grandads taxi service I won't be able to race next Tuesday

My strategy was clear and I managed to tick every box.

Set the Nitro up for 83/100. ✓
Qualify well. ✓
Take the lead at the start by going hard
on the Nitro button. ✓
Have moment of glory by leading the first
lap or two. ✓
Run out of Nitro by the end of lap 3. ✓
Slowly move down the order and eventually finish last. ✓

:)

Great fun, like coke I also really enjoyed the second race. Great battle for second, managed my nitro a bit better and had enough left for a full boost out the hairpin to the lady corner, only just keeping coke behind after a 4 or 5 lap challenge. Well done all.

Really enjoyed last night chaps, despite a couple of spins in the first race, sorry to Coke and Suts for messing their races up by becoming debris on the track.

Also, apologies to Mallet for the last corner in the second race. If this was a championship the stewards would definitely be taking the place off me. My late lunge was far too late, and too much of a lunge :guilty:

Slowly move down the order and eventually finish last. ✓

The brightest stars always shine for the shortest time Jocke. I fear your strategy might be an omen for the political career of our newest star, Jeremy Corbyn. I hope not, but I suspect that his nitrus supplies might evaporate ineffectively in the heat of the necessity for a credible fiscal policy. Dammit!

Sorry Zolon due to family commitments i.e. grandads taxi service I won't be able to race next Tuesday

Coke! Is there any chance of you turning up for Jocke's 'Back to the Future' feature on Wednesday? It's listed in the single race/time trial section of GTP. Hang on a second..................

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ober-21-20-00-gmt.320879/page-5#post-11029330

Aaaaargh, I thought I could create a link. Bloody computers!...... Ooooh, I have! Nice computer, nice computer.

Anyway, I hope you can make it Coke, it's going to be epic I'm sure.

Some very technical elevations make some of the corners very difficult to nail like the gap near the apex of the last turn of the esses or the mid-turn bump of the 2nd to last corner. Looking forward to race there someday.

Yep, it's got some interesting detail. I'm sooooooooo looking forward to getting on it with some other racers.

Cheers, Zo.

I will do my very upmost to make it Zolon it's a balancing act of me being the ruler of my house and doing what I want and what keeps the Mrs happy, I know what side my breads buttered.:bowdown:

Having not checked the replays yet, this is how I remember things from both races...

Race 1 - Roma

A steady race with no incidents for the #37.
A couple of overtakes early in the race put me where I could see the leaders.
Using a small amount of nitro on each lap of the race, the "speed up juice" finally ran out on the back straight (Via Dei Cerchi?) on the final lap.
It was a complete surprise to actually see Dusty & @numbnuts70 cross the finish line :eek:, they're normally several miles in front by that stage.
A rare podium finish made me happy. :)

Race 2 - Tsukuba

*Edit: I forced Dusty onto the grass at the start because there was a bus stuck on the grid which we all had to drive around. Then Dusty honked at me later on lap 1, he had overlap when I turned in so I think I did something wrong with the line I took. Sorry Dusty.*

A promising start was lost when, having exceeded track limits due to an error (probably trying to go to fast), I punished myself by making sure I didn't gain an advantage or cause an incident and rejoined the tarmac in last place.
Fortunately for me, one or two other busses also went for trackside picnics and I was able to make up a couple of places.
There was a spell when I was in pursuit of (I think it was) Zolon32

*Edit: It may have been Paul, although my replay doesn't seem to show it as being as close as I thought it was at the time.*

and at times, you'd have struggled to slip a Rizla paper between our bumpers. I think I managed not to hit the bus in front because I didn't hear any contact at the time. There must have been about a proton's width of a gap.
The final corner was exciting.
Also, apologies to Mallet for the last corner in the second race. If this was a championship the stewards would definitely be taking the place off me. My late lunge was far too late, and too much of a lunge :guilty:
Not a problem, I knew you were going to go for it. :) Rather than close the inside lane off before you caught up to me, I decided to try to out sprint you around the final bend. Just like a long distance runner. It was a very close and exciting finish.
The "go fast sauce" once again lasted until part way round the final lap.

There were other pairs of drivers who had equally close finishes with each other. The post-race discussion of which, made me realise that I couldn't see @gkgamer on the track. Hopefully we didn't clash, I did see you win at the Nordschleife earlier in the day in your VX220 though. 👍

It was a good event once again. Hats off to everyone. :cheers:

*Updated with text like this after reviewing the replays.*

Stop the presses:
the lady corner,
Where was that? I might not have been concentrating on the race at all if I'd known about it. :dopey:

Last edited:
*Edit: It may have been Paul, although my replay doesn't seem to show it as being as close as I thought it was at the time.*
I don't remember anything in particular. 👍

Mind you my memory or eyesight doesn't seem to be as good as it was. I certainly can't remember seeing any ladies standing on any corners! :dopey:

Jocke did park up in the pits quite early at Tsukuba, perhaps he spotted them too. :sly:

Zolon has UPDATED the event section for next Tuesday (20th).

Last edited:
Zo
Excellent idea with the Sambabus.
I couldn't seem to get mine to go as fast as everyone else despite Max power and torque! And nitros!!!:crazy: Perhaps ran out of skill on my part :odd::dopey:
sorry to ... and Suts for messing their races up
No worries Zo. I managed to T-bone you both times. 2nd time I couldn't believe how uncoordinated I got as I managed in quick succession to steer into the pit lane,switch to the XMB page then decide to change tyres!!! :mad:So instead of loosing 10s in the pit lane drive through I lost 20-30s!!!:banghead::mad:
I at least managed Not to be lapped. That was success for me.
Sorry couldn't stay for Tsukuba.
:cheers:

I couldn't seem to get mine to go as fast as everyone else despite Max power and torque
I think you had the mid range turbo fitted which does give you more torque, PP and therefore acceleration - but you have to short shift to get the best out off it. The high turbo gives you the same power but at the top of the rev range where the mid turbo boost is fading - hence the more outright speed down the straights.

I think this is correct. It sounds like I know what I'm on about anyway. :)

Zo may run a non nitro Samba event in the future where you can try the different setup.

I think Zolon was born to host lobbies.
He's doing a grand job of it. 👍

Race 1 - Roma
A steady race with no incidents for the #37.
Did I mention I have a wewy good fwiend in Wome?
You might know his name.

To add insult to injury the venues are the never popular Trial Mountain and the even more dreadful Willow Springs, Streets of Willow.
Willow should be a good one.

I think Zolon was born to host lobbies.
He's doing a grand job of it. 👍

I'm very pleased that that's how you feel Jocke, although I honestly don't feel that way about myself, myself.

And just to illustrate that, I've gone and changed things up a bit for Tuesday. Since it's going to be even more casual than usual, given that we're going to be missing some regulars, I thought I'd run it in an open public lobby with a series of short rapid-fire races. Same car, tyres and using Trial Mountain and Willow Springs (at least), but much shorter races, for that 'always scrapping' feel. Might get a couple of prospective 'Reuniters' coming in.

Cheers, Zo.

Me and Paul @IfAndOr did a few laps last night on your Deja Vu track, Zo.
I got dizzy. :)

Our laps should be saved there for your reading pleasure. I will come back with another car later.

Edit;

I also shortened the length of the TT from twelve to eight minutes. Seemed just a bit too long with twelve.

Last edited:
Suggestions for future events.

Please feel free to lay bare your weirdest fantasies, either by an entry on the thread or PM to me.

BB, Audi R8 Chromeline at 600pp. (tick)

Suts has mentioned that he's got a Maserati Granturismo with a tune on it and........ wait for it.......... wings! He fancies using it one week, and given how that car goes and handles I think he's got a point (I'd never put a wing on it though I must say, but each to their own, live and let live and all that :yuck:)

Bergele is a fan of the Isuzu Piazza (the secret Lotus), which can reach about 500pp. It's got vice-free handling, which I am convinced helps to promote close racing, and sounds racyraspy (a new word). We've got to give it a go some time.

Coke, Samba Bus, tuned to the max. (tick)

IfandOr has mentioned that the Renault R8 Gordini is fun to chuck around and, I've been told, that at 55BHP, it's actually more powerful than the latest Renault F1 engine. (This is unconfirmed and just a rumour ;).

Paul also has a fondness for the Tommy Kaira ZZ-S and the Re Amemiya FD35 RX7. Good motors all, and as soon as I can spell their names correctly we'll be giving them a spin.

Cheers, Zo.

Volvo S60 race at the Nurburgring three laps with the hard tires comfort full tune 522 pp and 441 bhp 1240kg

Back