Racing Game Sales Figures

For me Horizon 3 beats Forza 7 in almost every gaming aspects. It’s ‘nuff to say that was the game that made me purchase the XBone S to sit along side my PS4...

Agreed, I'm really glad FH3 is still pulling strong sales because it still such a fun game to play, even a year after release. Horizon shouldn't be seen as a spinoff series anymore, it is actually what Turn 10 are best at right now.

Agreed, I'm really glad FH3 is still pulling strong sales because it still such a fun game to play, even a year after release. Horizon shouldn't be seen as a spinoff series anymore, it is actually what Turn 10 are best at right now.

Turn 10 aren't the developers of the horizon games.

Turn 10 aren't the developers of the horizon games.

Yeah, my mistake - the main team behind the Horizon series is Playground Games, just that the vehicle assets, graphics engine and various other support is provided by T10. ;)

Hmm, GT Sport falling back to 9th is a bit worrying. Hopefully it can bounce back. It seems it has found a sales rival in NFS: Payback too.

I wonder how many copies GTS and FM7 have sold worldwide.

Hmm, GT Sport falling back to 9th is a bit worrying. Hopefully it can bounce back. It seems it has found a sales rival in NFS: Payback too.

I wonder how many copies GTS and FM7 have sold worldwide.
I've always wondered just how many copies, or should I say, how many more copies of GTS would be sold if it were available on PC as well.

Loot boxes, car upgrades with cards... How is this thing even selling? Can only assume its because the previous one wasn't that bad and a good marketing machine.

yas
Loot boxes, car upgrades with cards... How is this thing even selling? Can only assume its because the previous one wasn't that bad and a good marketing machine.

It's because for most people it isn't that bad. The gameplay is fun, cars can be customised a huge amount and if you get lucky with the RNG there isn't that much grinding either. I'm planning to pick it up in the Black Friday sales as Ghost have said they're working on Speed Card and car upgrade progression changes based on feedback.

EDIT: Also most people who buy it won't even realise that the game is guiding them towards gambling, paying for upgrades and a loot box system

yas
Loot boxes, car upgrades with cards... How is this thing even selling
In fact, its not that grindy at all. You need to grind for cards if you want to be competitive in PvP, but story can be done with buy-able performance cards. The most rare items are cosmetics(tire smoke, hydraulics, nos color) from lootboxes witch you can buy with irl currency or gain as lvlup and daily challenge award.

yas
the previous one
Its better than the previous one, almost as grindy but better feature wise.

Making a proper single player mode was most likely the reason, though it should have been in day 1 it IS something to look forward to.

Seeing as it was £18.99 on Amazon, and the fact that they're adding a proper single player mode this Christmas, I can see why it's the best selling racing game!

Uh huh. Glad we don’t have people like you writing here bringing this place down to Fox News and CNN levels of tabloid.
I'm not sure what that is, but criticizing the quality of the news piece was the last thing on my mind when I made my post. In fact, the point of it is well documented in Brendan's article.

So yes, the "sorted" part was a joke. Sorry it went over your head.

The sentiment is still the same, who else has halved the price of a new AAA title so soon after launch... Made worse by the fact I never bought GT6 due to it being so similar to GT5.

You expect a new title to stay at a high price for at least several months before such a massive discount.

The sentiment is still the same, who else has halved the price of a new AAA title so soon after launch... Made worse by the fact I never bought GT6 due to it being so similar to GT5.

You expect a new title to stay at a high price for at least several months before such a massive discount.

But it's not on sale anymore, it was a black friday sale, it's back to 546,- NOK, but paying full price for a game on day one is always a gamble, you never know when it will be on sale.

Back