Red Bull X2014 Extreme World Championship Season1 Sign up Now!!/Win big prizes!!Open 

Race 8 Suzuka results:
image.jpg
image.jpg

Well I just needed a whee bit more practice but had a great 3rd going there (LOL, 3 way race for 3rd) until I screwed up big time in UA's dirty air and screamed angrily about it so the neighbors could hear. :mad: Still I think Its a lot better than missing the race, I'm pretty pleased....Sorry to agro but I definitely used that dirty air last stint arty style, but we were running for position.

>>Arty if you race us like that then you have to finish the race!!

Well I just needed a whee bit more practice but had a great 3rd going there (LOL, 3 way race for 3rd) until I screwed up big time in UA's dirty air and screamed angrily about it so the neighbors could hear. :mad: Still I think Its a lot better than missing the race, I'm pretty pleased....Sorry to agro but I definitely used that dirty air last stint arty style, but we were running for position.

>>Arty if you race us like that then you have to finish the race!!

AW man I know, I was in the zone, map off keeping the car on track... and then that message in the room 'don't get distracted' broke my concentration! I had to leave after that because I couldn't keep car on track even with new tyres... the race is in the 18th hour of my day so tired!

AW man I know, I was in the zone, map off keeping the car on track... and then that message in the room 'don't get distracted' broke my concentration! I had to leave after that because I couldn't keep car on track even with new tyres... the race is in the 18th hour of my day so tired!
Yeah your dirty air was impossible, Agro passed me and I was like, yeah good luck when you hit that tornado up ahead. :lol: I swear if I had not gotten one of those evil grid time penalties I'd have beaten Nik for sure after that incident he had.

I drove 175 miles back home from Minneapolis right before the race! I went as fast as I could without getting a speeding ticket. I was a bit sleepy and zoned out after that. I think the crap start was just inattention. Normally the start is un-important but the dirty air from Arty meant it was. :mad:

Yeah your dirty air was impossible, Agro passed me and I was like, yeah good luck when you hit that tornado up ahead. :lol: I swear if I had not gotten one of those evil grid time penalties I'd have beaten Nik for sure after that incident he had.

I drove 175 miles back home from Minneapolis right before the race! I went as fast as I could without getting a speeding ticket. I was a bit sleepy and zoned out after that. I think the crap start was just inattention. Normally the start is un-important but the dirty air from Arty meant it was. :mad:

Unless you're atleast 1s quicker per lap, It's not possible to overtake on tracks like Suzuka in this car. Well that is with no mistakes from your opponent..

I think I just might practice a bit for Nurb on Sunday but I really want to try that new LMP2 car. Hopefully the Nissan LMP1 challenger will get tried out for GT6 that would be coolio.

Anyways a bit off topic (cycling rant): I've been watching the Giro d'Italia and its a good race. Contador popping his shoulder out and then Today a break holding off all the sprinters teams on a dead pan flat finish pretty funny. And Richie Porte loosing time with a flat tire today, every day has had something. The Italian roads are so much tighter and twister. French roads are all wide open and windy, Italy has the best racing though in my opinion with the scenery and the hills. All the little climbs are great to see. I'm surprised Peter Sagan hasn't showed any interest in the Giro yet.

So far GP/F is a pain in the butt as always for me, with about a 1:29-30 maybe as good as it gets for immortal here I think. I got into the 31s yesterday but today I was too lazy with my 20 minutes of running to scout out the tire wear; wear looks good though even though its slower than Suzuka, tire wear only slightly higher here than at Indy. Maybe even about the same.

I'm experiencing some connection issues here.
"Entry was refused due to network incompability with the room owner [1719]"

I have restarted the router but still unable to join. @GT_Vette , can you change to "fixed room ownership"?, that has solved this issue before for me.

Good race tonight everyone, brilliant win IP given your seat problems.

Watching Lap 1 back there, it looks like from my point of view; Evo lag spikes in front of me and goes onto the grass then rubber bands back in front of me; we touch and he goes deep, then CB hit into the back because he missed his braking point forcing me deep into T1 also.

Then at T7 lap 1, Nik hit me off the track into the gravel and pretty much spoiled my race.

It could've all been caused by lagging tbh, I'm not sure. Nik was lagging really badly from my point of view.

I wasn't expecting much from this race anyway, it was a trial for my new wheel but it would be good to avoid contact. There also seemed to be a lot of corner cutting at the final chicane once the blocks were moved out of the way :/

Watching Lap 1 back there, it looks like from my point of view; Evo lag spikes in front of me and goes onto the grass then rubber bands back in front of me; we touch and he goes deep, then CB hit into the back because he missed his braking point forcing me deep into T1 also.

Then at T7 lap 1, Nik hit me off the track into the gravel and pretty much spoiled my race.

It could've all been caused by lagging tbh, I'm not sure. Nik was lagging really badly from my point of view.

I wasn't expecting much from this race anyway, it was a trial for my new wheel but it would be good to avoid contact. There also seemed to be a lot of corner cutting at the final chicane once the blocks were moved out of the way :/

Our replays show different, i never even touched the grass :P

But that's gt6 i guess

I never saw any lag from anyone. Could be because I host the rooms, but it could've also been you Chris. Not sure.

I'm really pleased with my performance today. From 8th to 4th was nice. No mistakes other than a few lock ups and going a bit wide on worn tires. I wasn't expecting much since my times were poor in practice and I had no practice during the week. A really fun race from my point of view.

The first lap was rough. I knew I was going to be reviewing some incidents by L2 :rolleyes: :lol: I'll be watching the replay after this post.

Also it was nice to finally see @TRL_Andromeda be able to make it this week :cheers:

Man one of those days I guess. Ayrton did a really collected race, probably the best he's ever done. You make 1 mistake and you go from 2nd to 8th with this field as competitive as it is. At the start the whole field behind me stacked up. I though after this: I'll get 2nd or 3rd for sure now. :drool: On lap 6 my wheel came unlclamped so I drove behind Nik and re-clamped it as I was going along. I thought I could still get a 2nd-4th after this as it didn't really hurt me much.

Then immortal went from 25 secs ahead to 3.0 sec up. I though it was just giving me the gap to Nik and not immortal. Then I saw immortal's car and I thought, wow this is the best spot I've been in for the whole series. I could win the race if I can get by Nik and immortal has some kind of mechanical issue of some sort.

Then on lap 13 I went into the sand on worn tires. :banghead: I got stuck in the sand forever and ever. I think I even had to drive backwards to get out of it. :( I decided since I was so deep into a 2 stop strategy to just keep it going. The 3 stop ended up being faster and I ended up being doubly dumb with the sand trap crash and the worn tires driving.

But still to get 8th with still a decent race finishing time is pretty surprising. Ayrton managed to hit the jack pot with a 2nd after pitting early smart move as he could undercut everybody that was clumped up in a pack... I guess its pretty much all on me for binning into the sand trap...

Man one of those days I guess. Ayrton did a really collected race, probably the best he's ever done. You make 1 mistake and you go from 2nd to 8th with this field as competitive as it is. At the start the whole field behind me stacked up. I though after this: I'll get 2nd or 3rd for sure now. :drool: On lap 6 my wheel came unlclamped so I drove behind Nik and re-clamped it as I was going along. I thought I could still get a 2nd-4th after this as it didn't really hurt me much.

Then immortal went from 25 secs ahead to 3.0 sec up. I though it was just giving me the gap to Nik and not immortal. Then I saw immortal's car and I thought, wow this is the best spot I've been in for the whole series. I could win the race if I can get by Nik and immortal has some kind of mechanical issue of some sort.

Then on lap 13 I went into the sand on worn tires. :banghead: I got stuck in the sand forever and ever. I think I even had to drive backwards to get out of it. :( I decided since I was so deep into a 2 stop strategy to just keep it going. The 3 stop ended up being faster and I ended up being doubly dumb with the sand trap crash and the worn tires driving.

But still to get 8th with still a decent race finishing time is pretty surprising. Ayrton managed to hit the jack pot with a 2nd after pitting early smart move as he could undercut everybody that was clumped up in a pack... I guess its pretty much all on me for binning into the sand trap...
I have my t300 clamped to a snowboard, but its very solid after a lot of securing that down. It barely moves at all. But my wheel would move a lot on the snowboard so I decided to superglue two big pieces of sandpaper on the top and bottom of it and now my wheel never moves unless I drive like a caveman :lol: Though I'm not sure you would want to ruin your table if its too nice. If not then definitely try the sandpaper 👍

I have my t300 clamped to a snowboard, but its very solid after a lot of securing that down. It barely moves at all. But my wheel would move a lot on the snowboard so I decided to superglue two big pieces of sandpaper on the top and bottom of it and now my wheel never moves unless I drive like a caveman :lol: Though I'm not sure you would want to ruin your table if its too nice. If not then definitely try the sandpaper 👍
Yeah I went caveman after the sand trap spin. I think the wheel came undone again after that and I had to re-clamp a couple times come to think of it. Just stupid, I never have that happen. :lol: Its like 1/500 races that happens.

:/

In regards to T7 Lap 1, it didn't feel like I had contact with xChris93 during the race, and after reviewing the replay it does not show any contact. Maybe his replay could show differently. I hope it did not spoil his race so "pretty much".

At T1 Lap 1, TRL_EVOLUTION went straight into me after locking his brakes causing damage to my rear right wheel and losing two positions.

On Lap 16 I lost about 15 valuable seconds after leaving the track on T8. Luckily there was no contact with the incoming cars.

On Lap 43 T10 I had light contact with mustardaddict infront of me, causing TRL_Andromeda to have the same kind of contact with me.

Otherwise the race was very interesting with a lot of intense battles.

Thanks for race last night. However it was really frustrating, still haven't figured out this car yet.
So if any one is up for some practice tonight (8pm gmt +1) let me know

hi guys hi immortal, ye i will race redbull ring on sunday if thats ok. ill set my ps3 up this week, do you do a practice session at all through the week? cheers be nice racing you again, or getting my arse kicked by you again lol. cya soon m8

Welcome back m8 good to see all old WC Drivers again:cheers: iam looking forward to see you sunday again s1

hi guys hi immortal, ye i will race redbull ring on sunday if thats ok. ill set my ps3 up this week, do you do a practice session at all through the week? cheers be nice racing you again, or getting my arse kicked by you again lol. cya soon m8
Yeah you want to get on on Saturday before the race to practice for sure on this spec (650hp, comfort softs). There's no formal practice though unless somebody wants to organize something. I'd even get on a couple times and really give it a good run with 3rd gear generally being the lowest gear you ever want to use on the slowest turn on the track. 2nd isn't even used with these tires unless the corner is super tight.

After hours of reviewing the replay, I noticed a lot of track limits being abused by a few of our drivers. The corners being cut most often were the exits of T2 and T4 and the chicane T14/T15. It should be known already by all of our drivers that 4 wheels over the white lines are not ok, unless otherwise specified before hand (ex. Ascari at the chicanes).

We're in the second half of the season now with just 3 races to go and a possible season 2 in the works. Track limits must be abided by. No one is perfect and no one will be able to be competitive without flirting with these limits and occasionally going over the limits. With that said, thier is a difference between a mistake and deliberatly abusing track limits over and over in a race.

So I found four drivers who I saw repeatally break these limits. Each driver will recieve a 7 second penalty to be tallied to thier time from race 9. Evo, Andro, Chris, and Rich will be penalized for track limits.

Though Rich and Andro will retain thier positions and Evo and Chris will not, it should be noted to the whole of our field that this is a warning to everyone. Next week is Red Bull Ring and the chance of track limits being abused are high. Everyone shall respect the edges of the track because you are being watched and we would want to preserve the integrity of this series as much as possible.

Uh oh? I thought outside wheels on the cerb was ok through the chicane...
(I guess thats where I was cutting, as I was rarely over the line out of T2 and T4.)

The pit exit line was abused as well. I hate watching the replay and seeing that, as it gives me a bad "arcadey" feeling.

Come on guys! We're better than this, haha.

Back