Open Red Bull X2014 Extreme World Championship Season1 Sign up Now!!/Win big prizes!!

Discussion in 'GT6 Racing Series' started by IMMORTALPILOT, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Rich S

Rich S

I might do some red Bull on Monaco tomorrow if I have some free time in the afternoon (like 9 PM in EU). I have a feeling that this could be frustrating. I remember in the F10 immortal needed a cattle guard on the front of his car to move all the lapped traffic. :lol: You can, do damage to your wrists trying to get the wheel cranked to get around the turns. It might be better off in the RB though, it is a decent turning car.

GT_Vette, Weider and IMMORTALPILOT like this.
  2. RacingLine

RacingLine

With 99% certainty i won't be attending at Monaco, As some of you already know my net is down atm. It should be fixed before the season finale though i'm sure :tup:

Weider likes this.
  3. GT_Vette

GT_Vette

If you miss any race of the season then this is it. I have no hope for monaco being a good race in these cars. Still I think it'll be fun to drive, but actual racing won't happen unless a lot od people make mistakes. Even then you have to make sure you don't run in to the back of someone who hits a wall. Like I've said before, a dream for few, a nightmare for most :sick:

Rich S likes this.
  4. Rich S

Rich S

Man those low grip comforts at Monaco are a trip, I think this is the only time I've ever been faster in Codemasters F1 than in Gran Turismo. :drool: This has that classical Madrid in the F10 feel to it where I'm a lap down by halfway. Immortal's sharpening and polishing the cattle guard.

5. RacingLine

RacingLine

Uhm guys, Our race occurs during the Canadian GP. Can we postpone it by an hour or so?

@GT_Vette @IMMORTALPILOT

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
    Weider and TRL_Andromeda like this.
  6. GT_Vette

GT_Vette

If other people don't mind then we can postpone it.

7. IMMORTALPILOT

IMMORTALPILOT Premium

1 hour later ok guys ?
    Open the practice lobby one hour later ok Agro ?

8. Cb

Cb

I don't mind starting on time.. which is 1 hour from now?

9. IMMORTALPILOT

IMMORTALPILOT Premium

In one Hour is the F1 race still when we open in 2 hours practice lobby the f1 race is over

10. Cb

Cb

also Wiggins Hour record :O

So we start at 22:00 gmt + 1?

11. GT_Vette

GT_Vette

Ok the race will start at 22:00 bst then. Practice room will be open at 20:45 bst.

IMMORTALPILOT likes this.
  12. IMMORTALPILOT

IMMORTALPILOT Premium

I have forget to say its allowed to cut the chicane here guys

13. GT_Vette

GT_Vette

Practice room is open :tup:

14. Cb

Cb

deleted

15. RacingLine

RacingLine

Some people just need to enable blindspot indicators..

16. GT_Vette

GT_Vette

Race 11 Monaco results:

image.jpg image.jpg

17. TRL_Andromeda

TRL_Andromeda (Banned)

but you had no one around you? you spun by yourself, and then got dc...

Anyway, Monaco was completely impossible to pass on, there was just no chance in hell. even if the car infront was on super old tyre and even made a mistake, it was just not possible. but that was not too much of an issue I think, if you got stuck behind someone, what you had to do was to just back off, preserve your tyres, and overtake in the pits. there was alot more pitstops than I imagined it would be, so the there where several opportunities. tho the race got a bit compromised due to so many dc's, wich got rid of any traffic, so you did'nt really loose anytihng by pitting early. hence removing part of the strategy parameters.
    Nik did 1 more stop, wich was probably the fastest way, but if it'd been more cars on track, he'd be stuck in trafic and loose big time. In the end I had way better pace than I thought I'd have, although IP and EVO was not possible to keep up with.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    Rich S likes this.
  18. Rich S

Rich S

Sorry I backed out, I couldn't get my car to rotate through the turns, it looked like some had more rear bias for the hairpin. I kept rubbing that one nasty wall at turn 16 to, the one that stops you dead if you rub it, like its an invisible head on block. :banghead: Yeah, I needed more rotation and I've been better off. Maybe sports softs again, would also be a big improvement here for this car. Comfort softs are not nice at slower tracks you need traction and rotation and all that.

19. Cb

Cb

Can't wait for new season with new car, any suggestions??

LMP/ Gt500 / senna cars / racing mod cars etc??

20. TRL_Andromeda

TRL_Andromeda (Banned)

I was runnig 2/3 brake bias, not great, but worked decent on all parts of the track.
    I think the same car with sports tyres is closest at hand.

21. RacingLine

RacingLine

Watch the replay Lap 11 onwards..

22. Rich S

Rich S

I haven't discussed it but they've mentioned the Red Bull again with better tires.

I always wanted to bring back bermuda kid's old group C/ LMP1 series. I never actually did more than a couple races but it was cool seeing all the cars like a big candy shop ... :lol: I suppose a prototype series could be done with 2-4 cars heavily evened out to be fair. The Mazda LM55 would pair fine with the new Nissan, but immortal hates both probably.

23. TRL_Andromeda

TRL_Andromeda (Banned)

I forgot to save the replay, can anyone send me the replay?

@GT_Vette , @IMMORTALPILOT ?
    Nevermind IP, I hate them both like the plauge.:p

24. Cb

Cb

If anyone is up for some racing tonight at around 20 gmt +1 (/1-2 hours before normal race starts).
    I open a lobby

25. Rich S

Rich S

I guess I dont hate the Lotus really, I just dont like aspects of it like the lack of lightning fast turn in the F2007 or F10 had. Obviously from PDs perspective it has to have a 1980s feel to it in order to be believable. :lol: The race cars now, all of them, are alien in feel compared to that era.

The red bull S with tuning and sports softs I think would be fun. The lap times would be blazing fast that's for sure. The F2007 was only a little harder than the RBS anyways.

RacingLine likes this.
  26. GT_Vette

GT_Vette

RacingLine likes this.
  27. TRL_Andromeda

TRL_Andromeda (Banned)

I kinda doubt that last part tbh...

28. GT_Vette

GT_Vette

The part about IP being beatable? Evo won a few races and I even got him at spa while it was raining. IP finished third in that race.

Rich S and TRL_Andromeda like this.
  29. TRL_Andromeda

TRL_Andromeda (Banned)

Really? but rain is special circumstances;)

Anyway, I suck with the FGT so I wont be able to beat him:p

30. GT_Vette

GT_Vette

This series is based on real world conditions so it's possible that it could rain quite often :)

Also good luck finding another F1 series worth joining that IP won't join :p