Red Dead Redemption 2

• Thread starter RX-7_FD3S
  • 1,102 comments
Wich version did you guys preorder? The standard version? I decided on the Special edition since the ultimate edition's bonus's seem to be online focused.
I never buy anything but the standard version of games. For me it's not worth the extra initial cost and by time I'm done with the base content of a game the extra's can usually be picked up pretty cheaply. But that's me, I'm not a die-hard gamer or haven't found extra content that's been a must have. I can afford it, it's just something I do (or don't do).

I never buy anything but the standard version of games. For me it's not worth the extra initial cost and by time I'm done with the base content of a game the extra's can usually be picked up pretty cheaply. But that's me, I'm not a die-hard gamer or haven't found extra content that's been a must have. I can afford it, it's just something I do (or don't do).

I guess I am a sucker for deluxe packages. Also almost never by a car which isnt full options. (except keyless entry which I always omit)

I've decided I'm not pre-ordering & will probably wait until I hear what you all think of it. There are a few reasons for that.

The main reason is pretty important & that is, I don't have a PS4 yet. I've been looking around for a bundle deal on a PS4 Pro 1TB with RDR2 & I haven't seen any. Speaking to the retailers, they're being cagey & not coming to the party when I ask for a deal :irked:

I've got my eyes on the Special Edition at $129 & the best I've seen a PS4 Pro at is $539 but, that comes with a mono headset (not needed/interested), HDMI & USB cables (not needed) and the DS4 controller. There's no way I'm spending over $600.

I guess I am a sucker for deluxe packages. Also almost never by a car which isnt full options. (except keyless entry which I always omit)
Well, if you are talking IRL cars then yeah, I like me my options. Strange you don't like keyless entry, this is one of my favorite features of my cars - I never have to pull a key out of my pocket!

Well, if you are talking IRL cars then yeah, I like me my options. Strange you don't like keyless entry, this is one of my favorite features of my cars - I never have to pull a key out of my pocket!

I worry that I will lose track of my key if I have the feature.

I've decided I'm not pre-ordering & will probably wait until I hear what you all think of it. There are a few reasons for that.

The main reason is pretty important & that is, I don't have a PS4 yet. I've been looking around for a bundle deal on a PS4 Pro 1TB with RDR2 & I haven't seen any. Speaking to the retailers, they're being cagey & not coming to the party when I ask for a deal :irked:

I've got my eyes on the Special Edition at $129 & the best I've seen a PS4 Pro at is $539 but, that comes with a mono headset (not needed/interested), HDMI & USB cables (not needed) and the DS4 controller. There's no way I'm spending over $600.
There is this one at EB, it's not Special Edition though. Edit: I just noticed you wanted a Pro :embarrassed:

https://ebgames.com.au/ps4-244460-Playstation-4-1TB-Console--Red-Dead-Redemption-2-PlayStation-4
Untitled1.png

... and pre-ordering the Special today. I think I'll get my monies worth out of it :D

I felt the same about spending that much on a pro, so I bought I used one on eBay. $520 and it came with 15 games which I then sold on eBay for $260, so the pro only cost me $260 in the end.
Just an option if you don’t mind a bit of stuffing around with postage etc.

There is this one at EB, it's not Special Edition though. Edit: I just noticed you wanted a Pro :embarrassed:

https://ebgames.com.au/ps4-244460-Playstation-4-1TB-Console--Red-Dead-Redemption-2-PlayStation-4
View attachment 773802

... and pre-ordering the Special today. I think I'll get my monies worth out of it :D
I felt the same about spending that much on a pro, so I bought I used one on eBay. $520 and it came with 15 games which I then sold on eBay for $260, so the pro only cost me $260 in the end.
Just an option if you don’t mind a bit of stuffing around with postage etc.
I appreciate the thoughts fellas but I think I’ll just have to show some patience with this - something I’m good at when it comes to big ticket items.

The right deal will come along & I’ll be all over it like ants on a lollie :mischievous:

I'm going to wait a while, I don't need another game at the moment and I would like to give it some time to hear if a PC port it going to come next year or some time before I buy it on the PS4.

I pre-ordered digital. I decided to go digital with the PS4 and not looking back at all. But 2 discs? That reminds me of the days with Floppies and discs back when I was gaming on C64 and Amiga.

Epic 30 fps gameplay :D :D
I dont buy 30fps games anymore, im sick of it and done with this crap. The handful 60fps games on ps4pro are fun to play, i buyed them and enjoyed them. Hope there is a RDR2 pc release next year.

I dont buy 30fps games anymore, im sick of it and done with this crap. The handful 60fps games on ps4pro are fun to play, i buyed them and enjoyed them. Hope there is a RDR2 pc release next year.
Yeah, I couldn't resist, RDR2 will be the first 30fps console game I've purchased in years. With that said, I'm still hoping they release an Xbox One X enhanced patch (performance mode - 60fps). I bought the physical disc version so I could possibly sell it if they release a PC version.

Aren't most open world games 30 FPS, better yet, wasn't GTA5 30 FPS ?

Dang, on two discs? I wonder just how big this game is then. Wow, it wouldn't fit on a singe Blu-ray....pretty sure the last game was also on two discs, DVD-9 discs.

Dang, on two discs? I wonder just how big this game is then. Wow, it wouldn't fit on a singe Blu-ray....pretty sure the last game was also on two discs, DVD-9 discs.

RDR was on a single disc.

It was only if you bought the special edition that came with Undead Nightmare that it came as a twin pack.

I guess you guys are not that old. I am from a generation that didnt see the importance of fps over gameplay. I mean movies play at 24 fps. GTA5 runs at 30 fps and honestly 30 fps is more then enough for most singleplayer games.

I guess you guys are not that old. I am from a generation that didnt see the importance of fps over gameplay. I mean movies play at 24 fps. GTA5 runs at 30 fps and honestly 30 fps is more then enough for most singleplayer games.
I think it boils down more so to being spoiled by modern technology rather not being around during a time that had a lack of it.

Latest Posts

Back