Reviews are coming in!

• Thread starter tennyis
  • 12 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
An 8.0 isn't that bad, I'm glad it isn't in the 7 range.

EDIT: Just found out Metacritic gave it a 7.5. Doh! :boggled:

Last edited:
Only an 8.0 but the cons are only damage and audio... seems like the score should be higher given the cons.

There are more cons that those. He just noted the major ones at the end. He also complained about the inferior customization, the dreaded paint-chip system, the mostly outdated car list, the standard cars (especially their black cockpit view), the pointless padding in the car list and the occasional heavy short-cutting you can do on some tracks without being penalized.

The paint chip system isn't dreaded (IMHO), it was only dreaded in GT5 because the paint chips were single-use only. I have no problems with the system now that they're infinite-use.

And I'm glad that there's no artificial penalties for going off track, like the quicksand in Forza on certain tracks that will slow you down faster than a head-on collision with a wall. That stuff is just plain annoying and has no place in a sim.

There are more cons that those. He just noted the major ones at the end. He also complained about the inferior customization, the dreaded paint-chip system, the mostly outdated car list, the standard cars (especially their black cockpit view), the pointless padding in the car list and the occasional heavy short-cutting you can do on some tracks without being penalized.

Yeah originally I had just skipped to see the score and then posted it :)

Did you miss this thread?

GT6 Review Thread
aww I did yes, sorry guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's about what I expected. The PS4 just launched and we've still got PlayStation 2 cars in the game. No livery editor, no damage modeling, cars that sound like vacuum cleaners, etc. Until PD hires enough people to fix all that stuff I doubt they'll ever score much higher in reviews.

The fanboys can say none of that stuff matters but a 75/100 Metacritic average for Sony's premiere racing franchise is pretty pathetic.

Oh well like I said it's what I expected and I'm very much looking forward to getting my copy today.

That's about what I expected. The PS4 just launched and we've still got PlayStation 2 cars in the game. No livery editor, no damage modeling, cars that sound like vacuum cleaners, etc. Until PD hires enough people to fix all that stuff I doubt they'll ever score much higher in reviews.

The fanboys can say none of that stuff matters but a 75/100 Metacritic average for Sony's premiere racing franchise is pretty pathetic.

Oh well like I said it's what I expected and I'm very much looking forward to getting my copy today.

Wow, even after such a heavy dollop of negativity from you, you are STILL very much looking forward to playing it? Why bother saying all that if the game is something you are really looking forward to?

Wow, even after such a heavy dollop of negativity from you, you are STILL very much looking forward to playing it? Why bother saying all that if the game is something you are really looking forward to?
I would imagine because what he says is true. There are many things that have gone unfixed for years now. I agree with everything he says and yet I too am looking forward to receiving my copy of the game today...

{Cy}

We don't need two of these review threads.

Jerome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back