rFactor 2 'Two Strong' DLC Released: Aston Martin Vantage GTE and McLaren Senna GTR

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by GTPNewsWire, Aug 17, 2019.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. kikie

kikie Premium

I still don't know what to think of rFactor 2. I have it, played it but still looks like an ancient game.

3. MIE1992

MIE1992

The McLaren Senna GTR, if I'm correct, isn't homologated for GTE, is it? I think that's what the article says but I wanted to be sure.

4. Corsa

Corsa Premium

No it’s part of the new Hypercar class that is replacing LMP1. We don’t have the numbers yet on HP/Weight but I’ve done some testing and it’s blowing the doors off GTEs, steadily getting by LMP2 cars. I’d guess 800hp+.
    Awesome car to drive although it does handle quite a bit GT3ish and that rear wing is atrocious.

5. omargtx

omargtx

it s ps1 game .

6. MIE1992

MIE1992

Is that confirmed that the Senna GTR is gonna be in that class? I thought that only Aston Martin and Toyota have confirmed their entries, respectively being the Valkyrie and Gazoo SuperSports Concept. I also would’ve thought that new Speedtail would be the one picked for the Hypercar class but whatever.

7. Corsa

Corsa Premium

It's not confirmed, just a hypercar class car. McLaren said back in March that F1 is their top priority and they would not race the Senna in WEC but I hope they change their minds.

im_seb30 and MIE1992 like this.
  8. Dsavage27

Dsavage27

Yeah McLaren needs to get it together considering they have 2 different models they can choose to commit to for this new hypercar class. The Senna, speedtail.

9. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

No, McLaren have announced nothing about Hypercar. They did recently say that a programme will be somewhat dependent on the 2021 F1 budget cap.

Also, Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus have also announced a Hypercar project. In fact they were the first to do so. ByKolles and Oreca plan on being there for 2020 but have yet to confirm it.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    MIE1992 likes this.
  10. MIE1992

MIE1992

I get that McLaren has been in F1 for a long time, and the sport has influenced a lot of their cars, but I'd imagine that WEC has potential to have a better profit margin than F1, potentially.

11. Dsavage27

Dsavage27

Thumbnail looks like forza 7...how I wish T10 would have included those cars too :(

12. hotak

hotak

phisics are awesome, absolutely the best for drifting, also graphics quality varies a lot from track to track and car to car, with some being quite nice to look at. You also get LOTS of high- quality mods with cars that are not available in other sims (excluding low-quality AC mods).
    To each his own, but it's a sim worth having.