rFactor

• Thread starter husa
  • 5,397 comments
I'll check that out later and see if I get the same thing.

Edit: I don't get the same results as tire compounds show up properly for me. Could be a conflict with the track. Not sure I have that version of Watkins Glen.
It's on pretty much every track I have.
Here's a link to the Watkins Glen I use. I use the exact same track for GTR2, just a converted version. I love this version of it.

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Watkins Glen

Sorry for double post but I'm having issues with the Can Am mod. Every time I try a race weekend I get a BMW Z4 Safety car error and the game crashes. I get the same error with SUPER GT mod but the game doesn't crash with that mod. Works perfectly in practice.

Shouldn't be giving that error..

What's the safety car line in the canam.rfm file?
bmwcsl_PC.veh

Looked in game data and there is no bmwcsl.

Will try to change it as it could be naming error. Only one it could be is amm_pc.veh

If it's like mine, there's no space after the = so changing that by putting a space in should fix the error. It's one of the many mods that I haven't ran a race with yet.

If it's like mine, there's no space after the = so changing that by putting a space in should fix the error. It's one of the many mods that I haven't ran a race with yet.
Well changing it did nothing. Error opening SAFETYCAR/BMWZ3_PACE/BMWZ3_PACE.mas

Edit: There was no space. Will test once more.

Edit 2: Still giving error and the other errors it kept giving were WCEXTRA1 3 times. I think it's the WCEXTRA1 that is crashing it.

After getting bored of trying to fix that error, which I never did, I decided to test out some cars to see how fast they were. Chose a short track and started with a 1990 F1 car.

If you change which safety car you use in an rfm, it has to lead to the directory it's in.

Example being "pacecar = vehicles/pacecar/pacecar_pc"

Yes. Without having it redirect, it will try to find that file in the default folder for the mod.
Will try it when I get home. Those Can Am cars are a ***** to drive anyhow. Worse than the 1985 F1 car

WEC Number Decal Preview. For Hood/Bonnets:

P1
wec-number-decal-hood-bonnet-1-jpg.287665

P2
wec-number-decal-hood-bonnet-2-jpg.287667

PRO
wec-number-decal-hood-bonnet-3-jpg.287666

AM
wec-number-decal-hood-bonnet-4-jpg.287664

For the Sides/Doors:

P1
wec-number-decal-sides-doors-1-jpg.287669

P2
wec-number-decal-sides-doors-2-jpg.287670

PRO
wec-number-decal-sides-doors-3-jpg.287672

AM
wec-number-decal-sides-doors-4-jpg.287671

After quite a while, here they finally are.

Attachments

• WEC Number Decal Pack.zip
    104 KB · Views: 8
I have finally worked out how to rename the mods and tracks. Small thing but it really bugged me. Even put RallyX Brands Hatch in the same place as the normal version.

Well crap.

I suppose I could try my hand now at model conversion, I would just have to figure what in the world would I need to do that with.

At the moment I'm having a go at modifying F1-S-R's 1992 mod. It's supposed to be a league edition mod with identical engines, handling and aerodynamics, so I've been tweaking the engine data to reflect each engine from 1992. I haven't got around to modifying the handling and aero that much, so at the moment the Ligiers are just as fast as the Williams.

Anyone know of a version of the current Silverstone that's mostly accurate? I had a version converted from F1 2011 or 2012 apparently and the layout is too wide and not close to being accurate anywhere.

DK
At the moment I'm having a go at modifying F1-S-R's 1992 mod. It's supposed to be a league edition mod with identical engines, handling and aerodynamics, so I've been tweaking the engine data to reflect each engine from 1992. I haven't got around to modifying the handling and aero that much, so at the moment the Ligiers are just as fast as the Williams.

Tweak body aero.

An Rebellion R-One/Oreca 05 mod (WIP)

Download link

Tried it out, liked it. Will have a video with it soon.

Also did a lap around Long Beach (the one from IDT) and its actually bearable on my HP. Its not the frame rate sucking monster it was on the Acer.

I tried something really crazy. I tried lapping Imola in a Land Speed Record car (The ones that do over 1000MPH). I hit some impressive speed on the straights (Did 240MPH in the pits) but I span most times I hit a corner and the engine is REALLY fragile. Got to the final chicane (after about 100 attempts) and gave up. It corners alright but get it wrong and you spin and cook the engine. Can't even go full throttle on the straights because the engine will die. Have to go about 60% accel for it to survive. Still does over 600MPH though.

I only managed to get Silverstone to show up in-game from the SRW tracks. If I drop any of the others into the folder, they don't appear at all.

Edit: After checking my tracks folder, none of the SRW tracks showed up. Had Silverstone mixed up with another version somehow.

Last edited:
I'm having a problem with a few tracks, where virtually all cars suffer an engine fire within a lap or two of each other. How can I fix that?

Downloading Historic GT & TC 1.96 because I couldn't get 1.95 to work and I can't figure out why since it's causing the game to CTD and not record anything in the trace file.

Back