Richard Burns Rally - RSRBR 2016

• Thread starter richiem2282
  • 338 comments
Ok I figured it out how to stop the flickering, and have the HDR Mod along with the GT5 hud mod. Before I only could have one or the other since both use the d3d9.dll. So basically you would be overwriting it, thus removing one of them.

I had two copies of d3d9.dll. One was for the HDR Mod, The other d3d9.dll was for the GT5 hud. I couldn't have both on the same time.

Here's how to fix that

Rename one of the dll's. In my case I left the HDR mod to d3d9.dll, and I renamed the GT5 Hud dll to d3d9h.dll.

Go to your enbseries.ini file in your game directory and edit it

Here is the original:
EnableProxyLibrary=0
InitProxyFunctions=1
ProxyLibrary=

I changed it to:
EnableProxyLibrary=1
InitProxyFunctions=1
ProxyLibrary=d3d9h.dll

I now have zero flicker, GT5 Hud and the HDR Mod.

RSRBR 2012 UPDATE 04 IS LIVE

http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=351&t=12341

Changes:
- New Track Foron by Mato22
- New Track Foron Revrese by Mato22
- New Track Foron Snow by Mato22
- New Track Foron Snow Reverse by Mato22
- New 3D for Subaru Impreza (A8W-99 and A8W-00) by Maximum
Old skins applied on these cars are not supported
- New 3D for Ford Focus (A8W-08, A8W-09 and A8W-10) by Maximum
Old skins applied on these cars are not supported
- New 3D FIAT Abarth 500 (R3) by david74
Old skins applied on this car are not supported
- Citroen DS3 R3T (R3) by david74
- Twingo R2 (R2) by david74

Note:
After the install of this update you'll must re-download and re-install
These cars packs
A8W-99, A8W-00, A8W-08, A8W-09, A8W-10, R2, R3

http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=371&t=2967

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Thanks for the news. I've been slacking lately I haven't even done update 3 :lol:. Just been busy on iracing haven't had a chance to fire up RBR in a couple weeks. I got a CSR elite wheel a few weeks ago and haven't even tried it on RBR yet.

Thanks for the news. I've been slacking lately I haven't even done update 3 :lol:. Just been busy on iracing haven't had a chance to fire up RBR in a couple weeks. I got a CSR elite wheel a few weeks ago and haven't even tried it on RBR yet.

The Elite works very well with RBR. Force feedback is amazing!

The Elite works very well with RBR. Force feedback is amazing!

Cool deal I'm sure it is! I had the regular CSR before and it was pretty good with that so I know the elite will be much better. I've just been lazy and haven't felt like setting up the new wheel in RBR lol.

MadRR
Cool deal I'm sure it is! I had the regular CSR before and it was pretty good with that so I know the elite will be much better. I've just been lazy and haven't felt like setting up the new wheel in RBR lol.

Just played it this morning. It's amazing what they did with RBR. A game that was ahead of its time?

I hate to bring up a somewhat dead thread, but better than starting a new one.

I am thinking of buying this as I'm slowly getting into sim racing and only have experience with iracing.

I have followed Dirt series heavily, and main reason I upgraded to 360 years ago for that game alone. I just want something I guess more real, but that I can play on my PC.

RBR is one of the most punishing sims out there, it's definitely oldschool but definitely still good considering, and still the most accurate rally sim. Though It definitely falls into the "harder than real life" catagory of simulation game.

If you go into the game with the approach of knowing you have to learn slow and being very gentle and skilled with the throttle (you can't floor it like in Dirt 3) you will be ok. If you approach this game like you would Dirt 3, expecting to be able to jump in and drive fast you're likely to have a "throw controller at wall" frustrating experience.

With that said, it is awesome. Just don't expect an easy ride.

I might just have to buy it for pure learning of it.

I basically went from NASCAR 2011 to iracing and didn't jump in just nail the gas.

I highly recommend RBR as well. It's like iracing, but for rally as far as the physics and handling goes. A real sim. Like iracing it just takes some getting used too. Just take it slow and build yourself up. The game is old but with the new mod packs it makes it like a new game.

I got into pc racing with iracing a year ago and got RBR about 2 months later after missing playing rally games on ps3. Glad I went ahead and got it because it's great. Never want to mess with a ps3 rally game again. I just wish I had more time to play it.

RSRBR 2012 - UPDATE 05 is live

http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=351&t=12840

Correction in physics for :
Pack Group_B :
- Metro 6r4
- Ford RS200
- Lancia S4
Pack N4_S2000_2 :
- Skoda Fabia S2000 evo2
Pack R3 :
- DS3 R3T
Pack R2 :
- Twingo
- Fix for Sweet Lamb

NOTE:
After the install of this update you'll must re-download and re-install
These cars packs
A8_1

Thanks for keeping us up to date richiem. I still haven't done update 3 :lol:. I did get on the other day and do a few stages after watching the Finland rally. It's been a few weeks since I played last and the first time with my new CSP V2 pedals and only the 2nd time with the CSR elite. I keep forgetting how fun and good this game is. Especially with the elite. I had the regular CSR before and it was good of course, but the elite gives such a better connected to the road feeling that the cars are a little easier to control. Just seems the steering inputs are much more precise. I've never registered for an account I just always click on the "Play Alone" button in the RS center. I'm assuming you can register and play online if there are others racing?

Thanks for keeping us up to date richiem. I still haven't done update 3 :lol:. I did get on the other day and do a few stages after watching the Finland rally. It's been a few weeks since I played last and the first time with my new CSP V2 pedals and only the 2nd time with the CSR elite. I keep forgetting how fun and good this game is. Especially with the elite. I had the regular CSR before and it was good of course, but the elite gives such a better connected to the road feeling that the cars are a little easier to control. Just seems the steering inputs are much more precise. I've never registered for an account I just always click on the "Play Alone" button in the RS center. I'm assuming you can register and play online if there are others racing?

Thanks MadRR, its a pleasure brother! I actually haven't touched it myself for a while. Installed the updates but unfortunately my Fanatec GT3RS finally gave up a few weeks back after hours and hours on GT5 and RSRBR. Have a GT2 wheel coming next week. I was thinking about their new wheel and base but I really can't justify paying over $700 just for a wheel so the GT2 will have to do for the next few years. I always play Alone too, I like RSRBR but I don't think I'm in any way competitive. How are you liking those new pedals? I have the first Clubsport.

Last edited:
Thanks MadRR, its a pleasure brother! I actually haven't touched it myself for a while. Installed the updates but unfortunately my Fanatec GT3RS finally gave up a few weeks back after hours and hours on GT5 and RSRBR. Have a GT2 wheel coming next week. I was thinking about their new wheel and base but I really can't justify paying over $700 just for a wheel so the GT2 will have to do for the next few years. I always play Alone too, I like RSRBR but I don't think I'm in any way competitive. How are you liking those new pedals? I have the first Clubsport.

That sucks about your wheel. I had a ps3 friend that had a GT3RS crap out on him a while back. I'm not sure if you have got your GT2 on the way yet or not, but personally I would go with the regular CSR wheel over the GT2. I've owned both myself. I might have got a bad batch because I have a friend in a iracing league I'm in that had his GT2 for over a year now and no problems, but I went through 2 GT2 wheels in 2 months time. The first one only lasted 4 hours and the next one just 2 months. Both had the same problems. Fanatec warrantied both wheels, but after the second one I requested the CSR wheel instead of a 3rd GT2.

As far as performance goes the CSR is a much better wheel I think. I personally didn't care for the wheel rim on the CSR vs the GT2 at first, but it's much lighter so the force feedback is stronger and smoother. The weight of the bigger plastic wheel and buttons along with all the alcantara on the GT2 makes it heavier dampening out some of the force feedback compared to the aluminum rim on the CSR. The paddle shifter on the CSR and CSR elite are miles better than on the GT2. On the CSR they are separate from the wheel and have a positive click unlike the GT2 where they are just buttons on back of the wheel with paddle screwed to them.

I do like the new V2 pedals now that I have got used to them. It took me about a week. I had the V1's like you before and used them for close to a year. I'm still tweaking them though, but they are a good upgrade over the V1's. The brake and clutch are the biggest improvements as the throttle is the same other than coming with the 20% stronger spring stock. It has the R/C car shock on the brake as I'm sure you know. I'm looking to upgrade with a better shock and spring and also want to change the pedal throw some. There is a tuning kit supposedly going to come out for the V2's, but I might try and find one for the V1's if I can to hold me over. Overall I like them, because of being able to change so much on how the brake feels with the shock and the more realistic feeling clutch. Just waiting for the next batch of CSW wheels and rims to come back in stock in September and I'll be good on wheel and pedals for awhile :).

That sucks about your wheel. I had a ps3 friend that had a GT3RS crap out on him a while back. I'm not sure if you have got your GT2 on the way yet or not, but personally I would go with the regular CSR wheel over the GT2. I've owned both myself. I might have got a bad batch because I have a friend in a iracing league I'm in that had his GT2 for over a year now and no problems, but I went through 2 GT2 wheels in 2 months time. The first one only lasted 4 hours and the next one just 2 months. Both had the same problems. Fanatec warrantied both wheels, but after the second one I requested the CSR wheel instead of a 3rd GT2.

As far as performance goes the CSR is a much better wheel I think. I personally didn't care for the wheel rim on the CSR vs the GT2 at first, but it's much lighter so the force feedback is stronger and smoother. The weight of the bigger plastic wheel and buttons along with all the alcantara on the GT2 makes it heavier dampening out some of the force feedback compared to the aluminum rim on the CSR. The paddle shifter on the CSR and CSR elite are miles better than on the GT2. On the CSR they are separate from the wheel and have a positive click unlike the GT2 where they are just buttons on back of the wheel with paddle screwed to them.

I do like the new V2 pedals now that I have got used to them. It took me about a week. I had the V1's like you before and used them for close to a year. I'm still tweaking them though, but they are a good upgrade over the V1's. The brake and clutch are the biggest improvements as the throttle is the same other than coming with the 20% stronger spring stock. It has the R/C car shock on the brake as I'm sure you know. I'm looking to upgrade with a better shock and spring and also want to change the pedal throw some. There is a tuning kit supposedly going to come out for the V2's, but I might try and find one for the V1's if I can to hold me over. Overall I like them, because of being able to change so much on how the brake feels with the shock and the more realistic feeling clutch. Just waiting for the next batch of CSW wheels and rims to come back in stock in September and I'll be good on wheel and pedals for awhile :).

The GT2 is arriving on Monday, I saw a review of the CSR, it's not bad, If I get problems with the GT2 I might ask them to send me the CSR instead, hopefully it'll last though. What settings are you using in RSRBR?

Yeah hopefully your luck will be better than mine. Here are the wheel settings I use in RBR.

Sen= 270, Normally I have it off and set to 900 degrees in the driver for iracing.
FF=100
Sho=100
dri=004
ABS=off
Lin=000
dea=000
spr=0
dpr=0

Yeah hopefully your luck will be better than mine. Here are the wheel settings I use in RBR.

Sen= 270, Normally I have it off and set to 900 degrees in the driver for iracing.
FF=100
Sho=100
dri=004
ABS=off
Lin=000
dea=000
spr=0
dpr=0

Thanks MadRR, let you know how it goes!

I'm so confused with this stuff, so I have one question.
I need to buy the original RBR and this is a "normal" mod for it right?

I'm so confused with this stuff, so I have one question.
I need to buy the original RBR and this is a "normal" mod for it right?

Yep, that about it. Buy the Original on Ebay, Amazon or even on torrent. Its only a $10 so I bought the original. Then, create a new folder called RBR on your C: drive and install the game onto the new RBR Folder. Once that is a done, then you can install the RSRBR Mod to that same folder. Franjo did an excellent detailed install on the 1st page of this thread. Here you go, Enjoy!

Found this for you:
http://www.amazon.de/dp/B0002K72WC/

👍👍

This game has taken me away from Forza and GT5. It is so indepth, the physics feel fantastic and I consider the graphics great as well. I've yet to race in online rally's of multiple stages with other players online but will in the near future after I get the hang of the game. Anybody who hasn't tried this game and the mod, really need to give it a shot.

This community is great so I'll try to outline some tips for you to just generally get you up and running by providing links and my experience with it so far. First the installation and configuration of the game, then the mod and how to run it.

There's two versions of this game obviously the Vanilla version and the mod. Both games are obviously playable after the mod install. The mod actually even adds a camera mod option to the vanilla version of RBR (lets you use the numpad to position the camera anywhere you want on any view, including interior) and in my opinion, a fantastic HDR lighting mod that you can turn on and off by using the key combination Shift-F12 in the vanilla version and mod. To me it brings life to the game. I'll also show you how to set the resolution to whatever size you want (Can't be done in game). Also how to make a 16x10 screen not make everything look "fat" by editing another file.

I installed this game prior to the arrival of my Fanatec gt2 wheel with clubsports. Since I'm waiting on that I decided to set this up with my xbox 360 wired controller to my pc. Some people may find this frustrating so I'll go through that process as well.

I've found a great site with instructions and what to download and install in the proper order. Here is a link to the original source over at RaceDepartment.com. I've also pulled some information from Here as well.

The hard work of Warren Dawes and the FAQ writer should not be taken without given credit. Some of the links don't work correctly so I've fixed them in this post. So head over to that post, or go through my post here with the fixed links. Both will get the job done and hopefully getting more people to enjoy this game and give it a try.

After going through these instructions you'll have the game installed & patched, the mod installed and updated, ALL car packs, plus HDR mod and my settings for an xbox 360 controller.

1: Install Richard Burns Rally (RBR)

(Windows 7 users MUST read note prior to install)
NOTE: Windows 7 and Vista users please don't install to the default directory. Don't install it to the \Program Files directory. I'm on Windows 7 64bit and I just installed the game to c:\rally

This is really a no brainer, install the game and go grab the latest patch 1.02 which includes the 1.01 patch as well. Take note that the developers have taken out the CD check with version 1.02, so once you install the game you don't need the CD to play the game.

2: Get the 1.02 Patch

Here from GamersHell.com or Here from Shacknews.com

The vanilla version of RBR is now installed and patched. Go ahead and launch the game where it asks you to create a profile. Name the profile whatever you want. Once you create it be sure to set your default language for Pace Notes (Default in French), HUD options, default camera view and most importantly controller options which I'll go over shortly.

3: Get the HDR Plugin

If you want to play this game before installing the RSRBR 2011 mod, go right ahead. The game is fantastic even without the mod. Before you do, do yourself a favor and install the HDR Mod. If you like it great, if you don't you can always use Shift-F12 to turn it off/on at any point in the game. During gameplay or the menu.

Download the two files below and place them in your installed game directory. Mine for example was C:\rally\Richard Burns Rally. Just drop the files in there and extract them to root directory of the game. It will overwrite files. That's fine.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6335348/rbr%20stvari/RBR%20-%20enbseries_gtasa_v0074f.zip
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6335348/rbr%20stvari/RBR%20-%20ENBsettingsRBR.zip

Here is a link showing the before/after.
YOUTUBE LINK 1 - This shows a video turning it off/on during gameplay
YOUTUBE LINK 2 - I love this subaru video!
YOUTUBE LINK 3 - This shows the "Particle Mod", this comes installed with the Mod which will be explained below. The dirt kick up from the car looks great! You can really notice a difference between this and the 2nd Subaru video.

4: Set your resolution correctly for best graphics

Go to your install directory and look for the file RichardBurnsRally.ini in your folder. You will find two lines XRes and YRes. This is where you set the resolution you run. For example:

XRes = 1920
YRes = 1200 (or 1080, or what ever resolution you want)

I run:
XRes = 1680
YRes = 1050

5: Configuring your controller

I first tried this game with a Logitech Rumblepad. I found the Rumblepad wasn't the most comfortable for this game. I much rather prefer the 360 wired controller as the triggers allow for better throttle response.

I personally didn't have to install any drivers on my Windows 7 box for the 360 gamepad to work. Once plugged in, I just verified it was in the "Setup USB Game Controllers" section of the Control Panel.

Here is my mapping:

Right Trigger - Gas
Left Trigger - Brake
Gear up - Y
Gear Down - X
EBrake - A
Change View - B

Normally I like using the right thumb stick to control gears, I usually flick the Right stick up to shift up, and down to gear down. I couldn't get this to work but Y and X works just as well for me.

Changing Controls

From Main Menu:
Options>Controls>Controller Setup>Controller Setup

First thing you need to do is change the key mappings for accelerate and brake to totally random keyboard buttons. I set U for "Accelerate" and I for "Brake". With those mapped I now select the option "Accelerate & Brake Together", once I select that option I hit the Right trigger. It should now say Z-Axis. Your gas and brake are now set. Take note, that pressing the LT while pressing the RT cancel each other out. This stops me in no way from playing the game whatsoever.

You can set your steering the same. Leave "Left" and "Right" alone and just select "Steering" and move you left thumbstick of the left or right. It should now say X-Axis. Set the rest of your buttons with no hassles.

Adjust Steering sensitivity

I personally found that the steering was WAY too sensitive. Now I just tried this first, and for myself it worked great. I'm sure you can tweak it more to however you want but by just changing this one option I found it worked great for me. I'll walk you thru changing the Curvature

From Main Menu
Options>Controls>Filter Settings>Axis>Curvature

I basically moved the slider over on "Curvature" to match the exact setting as "Maximum Fade". I've been playing with this setting ever since and I can play it fine.

TAKE NOTE:
In order to run the MOD you must create another profile named exactly 'Mulligatawny'. Make sure you set your controls and options exactly the same as your profile you created in RBR. The mod CAN ONLY RUN ON THIS 'Mulligatawny' PROFILE. Create this profile at this time, if you try creating it in the MOD, it won't save any settings

6: Installing the RSRBR2011 Mod

Download and Install the Main Mod:
Rallyesim
or
HFR Server
Or go to Page Directly here:
http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=349&t=6626

7: Install The Latest Mod Update Patch 03
Here
http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=351&t=7762

8: Install Car Packs
Full Car Pack Here
http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=371&t=2967

Latest Car Packs or Individual Car Packs Here

I just went ahead and downloaded the whole car Pack.

The RSRBR Mod is now installed. Take note that if it looks like the install isn't moving, just give it some time and be patient. The install went quick on my machine with no big pauses. This issue may just be on older computers.

9: Running RSRBR 2011 Mod
You're now ready to start up RSCenter 2011. This is where you setup offline/online matches. Create rally's and have your friends join them. You can set passwords on rally's, keep them open or just join any of the rally's currently going to try to set your best time. Take note, from within RSCenter you can also launch the "Vanilla" version of RBR.

When you launch RSCenter, go ahead and click "Registration RSRBRLive2011". Fill out all your information and await your email notification.

Once your login info is in the top, you can now select 3 options which are self explanatory:

Play Alone
Public Sessions
Championships

I'll go thru the "Play Alone" Option
5615234422_40eb08b274.jpg

RS Center:
Click on File>Settings to configure your options

5615309942_b9a443c534_b.jpg

Explanation of options can be found Here

5614678045_a22a4a50e1_b.jpg

Set the options in the drop downs the same as I have. ie, Pack, Mod, Car Tyres Etc Etc. You will also want to click on "Camhack". This will open a small separate window, you can just leave it open. I also opened "RBRWrong + Tyre". This option I believe takes out all the wrong way signs and allows you to pick specific tires. Leave both options running. When you're ready, just hit the GO Button to launch a session. When the game launches, it should show 2 profiles. The one you created for yourself and the 'Mulligatawny' one. If your running RSCenter, always use the 'Mulligatawny'.

Camhack
This is where you can play around with some different camera angles within the game. Once the stage has started after you selected your options, make sure you're in an interior view in the game. At this point hit the * button on the numpad only. You notice that the FOV is better, and if your running a 16x10 setup, it won't look fat anymore.

With the camhack enabled, you can now use the numpad buttons to move left, right, up and down. In any view. By default you can use the number keys (above letters) to select default ones. If you find a view you like, you can hold down the ALT key and hit a number. Your view is now saved by hitting the corresponding number. There are A LOT of options for the CAMHACK, all of which are listed here

Watching Replays
If you hit the GO button, you will notice the game just launches right to that car and stage, and you can hit Race. You will not be able to view a replay of the race like this. If you wish to see a replay after your race Select the option from RSCenter "Launch RSRBR2011" when you have made all you're settings.

Once your race is finished or if you crash, just hit retire and you now have an option to view replay.

You can also run the vanilla version of RBR by just selecting "Launch Richard Burns Rally SSE"

Will add more later...

Last edited:
I re-installed for the first time in years at the weekend (as I to reinstall everything due to some unrecoverable hibernation state nightmare) and just wasn't feeling it.

It's not the fact it's obviously a lot harder than most driving games, it's the fact the tarmac stuff just didn't feel right to me. Is there any sort of FFB mod for the game as it really doesn't feel like anything I'm currently playing (simbin stuff, GT5, sometimes iracing, LFS, Project Cars....NFS or anything)? Even the FWD stuff feels like a RUF Yellowbird to me. Normally I'd say I'm just crap but I can usually get in the top couple of thousand in GT time trials so I'm not terrible.

I have read that FWD cars in RSRBR are pretty much hacked; because they can't just disconnect the rear differential or increase the power to the front beyond a certain amount, they had to turn the car around, set the VCD to full rear (which is now the front) and adjust the gear ratios so that there are four, five or six reverse gears and one forward gear. This is why the handbrake locks the front wheels, but I imagine this means they're rear steering too, which is just bizarre. Maybe my source (a comment on nogripracing.com's forums that wasn't disagreed with) is totally wrong but I can believe it, the engine was never meant for FWD or even anything other than AWD after all. Anyway, that would probably explain the rear engined handling of most cars. As for everything else, I guess we just have to hope WRC 3 has decent feedback and physics because we have nothing else on the radar at this point. There may be feedback mods but I would've thought they'd be incorporated into RSRBR like the camhack and a couple of other useful mods were.

Edit: looks like I'm mistaken, it seems that the RWD cars are reversed FWD, not the other way around.

Here are the wheel settings I use in RBR.

FF=100
Sho=100
dri=004
ABS=off
Lin=000
dea=000
spr=0
dpr=0

Great settings MadRR, just ran about 10 gravel stages with the new GT2, man I love this Sim, Good to be Back on RSRBR again!

Awesome 👍. Much difference between the GT3RS and GT2?

I know its the same hardware but it does feel a lot better on RSRBR in comparison to the GT3, whether its your settings or the wheel, its a smooth ride. Off thread topic for a minute, I can't seem to get the wheel to work right on the PS3. Every time it calibrates, it off to the left by several degrees and won't center if if I calibrate it. Any ideas? Thanks MadRR!

I know its the same hardware but it does feel a lot better on RSRBR in comparison to the GT3, whether its your settings or the wheel, its a smooth ride. Off thread topic for a minute, I can't seem to get the wheel to work right on the PS3. Every time it calibrates, it off to the left by several degrees and won't center if if I calibrate it. Any ideas? Thanks MadRR!

Yeah I'm sure the GT2 wheel itself is a little better than the GT3. I was just curious because I've never used a GT3. The settings could have helped some as well.

I probably can't be much help for getting it to work on the ps3. I only hooked the GT2 I had to my ps3 once for 30 minutes for some GT5 and other than that one time I just race on iracing and RBR. Have you checked the firmware on your wheel to see if you have the latest? I'm not sure what firmware is the latest for the GT2, but the wheel is an older wheel now so the one you have could have an older firmware on it and need to be updated and that could be causing the centering issue. You do have it in ps3 mode correct? I would maybe post in the main fanatec thread in the sim racing hardware section and someone there can probably tell you better than me.

Yeah I'm sure the GT2 wheel itself is a little better than the GT3. I was just curious because I've never used a GT3. The settings could have helped some as well.

I probably can't be much help for getting it to work on the ps3. I only hooked the GT2 I had to my ps3 once for 30 minutes for some GT5 and other than that one time I just race on iracing and RBR. Have you checked the firmware on your wheel to see if you have the latest? I'm not sure what firmware is the latest for the GT2, but the wheel is an older wheel now so the one you have could have an older firmware on it and need to be updated and that could be causing the centering issue. You do have it in ps3 mode correct? I would maybe post in the main fanatec thread in the sim racing hardware section and someone there can probably tell you better than me.

Thanks MadRR, I'll have a look. I know they have a new Beta Firmware but I'm not trying that until it's official...

Back