RIDE 3

• Thread starter DarthMosco
  • 912 comments
Err a list has been around since before launch.

https://ridevideogame.com/dlc-season-pass/

Update 1.06. Main fixes are around drag races and track limits, but its a good long list of stuff, however the always on TC still hasn't been fixed, so the workaround still needs to be used.

The Best of 2018 pack 2 is out tomorrow as well, with five new bikes and 10 events.

Edited to add.

DLC is out, I've had time to capture the Showroom info and details of the new events.

Took the Norton out for a spin while the video was rendering and uploading, fun bike and it looks great as well. Gameplay and replay footage to follow tomorrow.

I see, I didn't know Season Pass was all past and future DLC. And did not see the future DLC before. So I will check if there are any bikes I really want.

Last edited:
I see, I didn't know Season Pass was all past and future DLC. And did not see the future DLC before. So I will check if there are any bikes I really want.

Just scroll down the page I linked to, they are all listed, along with release dates.

2019-01-10_11-15-17.png

And only yesterday I realized that "unlocking conditions number of stars" is not how many stars you need altogether to unlock a volume, but how many stars you still need to get before you can unlock. The same with number of volumes in locked extra volumes.

TT event gold times haven't been extended, so unless you're a God at this game you'll never unlock all of the bikes. Also, I still can't win the drag race events. Maybe it's just me. I can't even get bronze on the weekly challenge with the ZX10R. No rewinding or touching the grass? Really? Maybe I shouldn't play on Pro with no aids and no racing line.

@MidFieldMaven -- I generally find ABS necessary to enjoy most games that provide the option, regardless if I would prefer to drive (or ride) without ABS, and this game follows the norm -- I play on Normal with ABS turned on. The tendency to lowside on Pro makes it un-fun, and in any case it locks out ABS for the many bikes in this game that are equipped with ABS (realism!).

Aside from the lowsiding, I have to say I have not really noticed much (if any) difference between the modes. Normal is still a sim, and Pro is still forgiving. With ABS and all, it is relatively easy to get away with braking in a lean -- though low- or highsiding remains a risk -- but when it comes to target times in TT events or overtakes on track days, I think you are expected to push the bike that hard.

Drag racing can be tricky (not that it makes it any fun, IMO). Assuming you've got the one correct bike that can actually win, it's about perfecting your launch to get the earliest possible start and trying to keep your front wheel on the ground without losing too much acceleration.

Last edited:
TripMaster VOL 8/9 is still extremely hard (if not impossible) to gold events 4 and 5 with a "Maxi Tourer” at 740...drag racing a ZZR1400 with a Duck Supersport or Honda Blackbird is pretty hard......and running a 2:35.5 on Garda on that fat pig Honda or a Ducati that doesn't have enough top end between the corners has to be impossible.....never mind the giantic gaps between positions. No game should have a 35 and a half second gap between 1st and 3d place in a TT.

Last edited:
There is a guy in other website forums who says that Ride 3 makes him a better rider IRL and everyone laughs at him. I have almost no experience riding motorcycles, but I can really seriously confirm that Forza helped me to drive better IRL. Before Forza I had simply No idea how to approach a bend and drive through it. After many months and years time attacks on forza now when I approach a bend in my car, I am much more aware what is going on, braking , approaching the apex, smoothly working with the throttle. I am sure if I could go to track days I would improve a lot, but without my Forza arcade or sim whaterer it is experience, I would really have no idea what to do. I used to brake before and apply throttle after the turn, like most ordinary drivers, but now I am aware of all kinds of things happening to my car before, through and after a turn. Nuff said, having been driving for 30 years and looking for limits wherever it is save to do so.

I've been playing Gran Turismo since 1998, when I was just 14. So I had 2-3 years of "driving experience" prior to getting my actual license. It definitely helped me understand basic car control. Braking distances, body roll, how rear-drive and 4WD feels versus front-drive.

With a motorcycle riding game, I don't think it transfers over as much as a driving game. Anyone can sit in a seat, but being able to balance on two wheels and use all the limbs and extremities takes skill that a game can't teach. Maybe I'm talking out of my rear end, though. I've been riding since April 2016 and Ride 3 feels pretty good/realistic enough.

I think because of the fact that much of the way you control a bike is technically subconscious for most people, that there is still a fair bit of scope for the game to teach about direct control, specifically timings (when to lean, brake, accelerate and how much) and so on. If you want to dissect your responses and cement good reflexive behaviours (counter-steering, for instance), then this game won't help - although it does illustrate how it works if you watch closely.

For me, it's great to learn racing lines and develop my eye and ability to refine a line on the fly - this feels like a different process as compared to a car, because of the requirement to not only be in the right place, direction and speed on the track, but also already at the right lean angle. The extreme narrow width of a motorcycle means it can use so much more of the track, and the kinds of lines it opens up are very interesting - especially in the context of overtaking etc.

Although I've been playing various sim-ish bike games for a while, this game series still specifically taught me things - e.g. the tendency for a powerslide to segue into a wheelie once it re-grips - which have prompted me to look into the physics. And at least as far as the physics and setups in these games are accurate, it teaches those aspects fairly well if you are the self-learning type. It would be better if the visual feedback on the bike were richer / more 1:1.

And talking about eyes, like a car racing sim, this game will be forcing your brain to do more work based on the visual input only (rather than from sense of position and movement), which will have a real benefit on the road / track as it does in a car. It's just more information to potentially take subconscious advantage of at every split second. Relatedly, think of the way we naturally try to keep our heads upright in a lean - there is a recent trend for riders not to do this (so they can get lower and further off the bike), and forcing themselves to learn to interpret the world and its motion whilst they're on their ear - you could probably train some of that perception (if not the reflex) in this game.

TripMaster VOL 8/9 is still extremely hard (if not impossible) to gold events 4 and 5 with a "Maxi Tourer” at 740...drag racing a ZZR1400 with a Duck Supersport or Honda Blackbird is pretty hard......and running a 2:35.5 on Garda on that fat pig Honda or a Ducati that doesn't have enough top end between the corners has to be impossible.....never mind the giantic gaps between positions. No game should have a 35 and a half second gap between 1st and 3d place in a TT.

I got to the Garda TT today and there's no chance of getting that time legally. What times are people doing? I'm on the edge of crashing and needing to find a further 14 seconds :lol:

It's impossible, like that 600cc of power TT.

I got to the Garda TT today and there's no chance of getting that time legally. What times are people doing? I'm on the edge of crashing and needing to find a further 14 seconds :lol:

I'm running a 2:40.3 on the Blackbird.......don't even bother with the SuperSport, not enough top end for the straights.

Today we are onboard on all of the unlocked R1 Superbikes.
We are driving at the Autodromo di Franciacorta - Daniel Bonara circuit.

Motorcycles included in the video;
- Aprilia Team Nuova M2 Racing 2017
- BMW Team Tyco BMW Motorrad Racing 2018
- Honda Team Honda Racing 2017
- MV Agusta Team Laguna 2017
- Yamaha Team Anvil Hire TAG Racing 2017

If you like these kind of video's and series. Feel free to leave your feedback in the comment section.
Also leave a like and subscribe to my channel if you want to keep up to date when new video's are uploaded!

Grab your beer, diet coke and popcorn we are here, enjoy!

Which bikes should I race next?

If you think something in this game is broken, please create an account and send it here. I guess Milestone knew the game is kinda broken so ANYONE can report stuff on JIRA (the service I used when I worked at BigMoon for 6 months). So far I've reported 4 issues and 3 suggestions:

· Several maps were wrong on track selection
· Rain sound effects during dry events on the pre-race screen
· AI line for Oulton Park during starts made no sense
· The lap time for Magny Cours asked in Nakeds Special (roadlegal) was FASTER than the one in Nakeds Trophy (racing)
+ The further chase camera should be higher
+ Map during races should be less zoomed in
+ Tracks like Monza and Nurburgring should use the faster chicanes for motorbikes

Go there and REPORT WHATEVER WRONG STUFF YOU FIND!

I needed a gold for this with a 600 cc motorbike, first I needed 2 48 00. I needed to get rid of 5 sec. What you need to do is first get a bike that you can upgrade so that it gets like 600 PP. Make sure it accelerates and hadles better than the other bikes offered. Upgrade engine, wheels, suspension, tires. And make sure you set up final ratio for the right acceleration, too, otherwise the bike will be too lazy out of the corners. Then challenge someone who has a few seconds faster time in time attack leaderboards. If you follow that ghost, you will see where you are too slow. Gradually challenge faster and faster riders. Finally you challenge someone who is say one second faster than the time you need to achieve. If you can keep up with that guy or lady, you can do it. I did it this way and succeeded, it took me about three hours. Always make sure you don't brake where unnecessary and you don't lift off where unnecessary, brake at the latest possible point and make sure you exit the turns as fast as possible, the other way round is the worst. Come slowly, get out fast. I didn't need to cheat this at all, perfectly legal. In time attacks, the lap time is not valid if you touch a wall, but in volumes, to get a gold, you can crash as many times as you like, no problem, but of course, that is not very fast. And use rewind whenever you make a big mistake. Don't forget each time you brake too much, at least one second is added to your time, each time you lift off where not necessary, at least one second is added and each time you are too slow out of a corner, at least one second is added. Then you can imagine how many seconds extra you get at the start finish line.

Last edited:
What kind of resolution do you have? I have never seen such details on the road with my PS4 slim. Do you have 4K or something? And Joey Dunlop custom livery looks really great. Thanks for the tip.

The problem is that in the time trials, you can't turn down the difficulty level. And of the sixty odd volumes, I would estimate about in half of them there is a time trial to complete in order to get the prize bike. So for someone like me with medium skills and very little patience (I loathe doing the same races repeatedly to achieve an almost impossible goal), it means that most of those bikes will remain unobtainable.
You can really follow the method I suggested for Whistle Snap today, upgrades and challenge a ghost with a time that is a bit faster than yours and gradually challenge fasster and faster riders until you can keep up with the ghost that represents the desired time.

Where can we report bugs? I think the devs do read our complaints, but where specifically? For example 500cc OW26 – Agostini is supposed, and is logically faster, quicker and handles better than Honda RC 181, which is about ten years older race bike, IRL, but in the game the yamaha is slower and handles about as badly as the old 1966 Honda. Clearly they never noticed. The game says - when you compare the points for top speed, acceleration and handling, according to this, Yamaha is faster, but then you ride it and it is not. Impossible to beat one's lap times that I do with Honda RC 181 with the more advanced Yamaha 500cc OW26 which makes no sense. And then I discovered a link to the devs where we can post our discoveries... anyway, anyone noticed that Yamaha OW26 is strangely slow compared to bikes that have the same value in terms of acceleration and handling?

Last edited:
What kind of resolution do you have? I have never seen such details on the road with my PS4 slim. Do you have 4K or something? And Joey Dunlop custom livery looks really great. Thanks for the tip.

I have PlayStation Pro, just on an normal 1080i, it has a super sampling mode, so that's maybe why.

I have discovered a huge mistake in the game info. Yamaha 500cc OW23 is not four stroke as the specs say in the game, it is two stroke, obviously, even the sound is something more like two stroke. And the power was not 120 HP, but something like 97 HP and the weight is completely off too, in fact it was much lighter than 175 kg or what the game says. Anyway, those are just numbers, we need some realistic performance in the game.

Put this on again today. Still disappointed in the livery editor. It offers plenty, but graphically it's just so rough.

What final gear ratio are you using, in the time attacks, I don't use rewind:)
What final gear ratio are you using, in the time attacks, I don't use rewind:)
Such final ratio that gives you the best acceleration without hitting the rev limiter on the longest straight. So I would start with more acceleration and when you hit the rev limiter move the slider towards speed a notch, repeat until you stop hitting the rev limiter, like that you end up with the best final gear ratio. If your final ratio is not optimal, you either hit the rev limiter or are too slow exiting the corners.

VXR
Still disappointed in the livery editor. It offers plenty, but graphically it's just so rough.

It's certainly way off on the Forza livery editor, but in my view it's not too bad. Many smaller things are irritating though, but my biggest issue is the 1000 layer limit per bike which does not allow for proper replicas. I see too many shared replicas which on first view looks good, but on closer view shows false text and logos.

Such final ratio that gives you the best acceleration without hitting the rev limiter on the longest straight. So I would start with more acceleration and when you hit the rev limiter move the slider towards speed a notch, repeat until you stop hitting the rev limiter, like that you end up with the best final gear ratio. If your final ratio is not optimal, you either hit the rev limiter or are too slow exiting the corners

I trying to get the Supermoto time, seem to hitting the rev limiter on every time, moved them all to right. That the right way to go, agree probably best thing to do chase the ghost.:)

Back