RIDE 3

• Thread starter DarthMosco
  • 912 comments
What final gear ratio are you using, in the time attacks, I don't use rewind:)
Honestly I've been playing around with the 160-330pp leaderboards with minimal changes to the bike tunes and other than Garda, Tenerif, Monza and The Ring I really feel comfortable on the stock settings.

Some bikes like the SM 3 and 1/2 are just slow no matter what.....like 113ish mph top speed with all the gears maxed out.

Are the leaderboards real? Is it possible that I am like 6th fastest in the world or 20th in some categories? I mean how many people play this game, all around the world, 30 people? What are your nicks in the game, people? Can I find your ghosts?

What is it with the races on the separate sections of the nords? I hot lap the nords on every game that has it, including Ride 3, so would consider myself pretty competent but have to dumb down the AI to even have a chance of winning. (Normal AI 100%). Albeit that I do not tune my bikes unless absolutely necessary.

Yesterday in one of the 125cc races (2nd set of volumes, I think, near the right hand side) I had the AI at 20% and still only won by 100ths of a second. And that was on an R3, whereas the rest of the races were on a Gilera.

Incredibly frustrating!

What is it with the races on the separate sections of the nords? I hot lap the nords on every game that has it, including Ride 3, so would consider myself pretty competent but have to dumb down the AI to even have a chance of winning. (Normal AI 100%). Albeit that I do not tune my bikes unless absolutely necessary.
There are TWO sections on the Nordschleife where the AI riders slow down A LOT.
#1 = The final left-right before the "straight" that takes you to the Flugplatz.
#2 = The right-left-right (Wipperman/Eschbach) not too far before the Plantzgarten.

FUN FACT - The difficulty in this game only affects cornering speed. The AI riders will accelerate as hard as possible no matter the difficulty level, you better nail those corner exits and minimize your coasting before a turn!

FUN FACT - The difficulty in this game only affects cornering speed. The AI riders will accelerate as hard as possible no matter the difficulty level, you better nail those corner exits and minimize your coasting before a turn!

It's a Milestone game, MotoGP 18 is the same. . . Ai difficulty level really only affects the cornering speed, as the Ai have the same top speed whether on 65% or 105%.

I know they announced all the DLC but here is my wishlist:
· The TTF3 bikes (400cc 4-cylinder sportbikes of the 80s and 90s) together with race-mod versions.
· More racing bikes (100% real or replicas).
· Very old dueling bikes so we can recreate 1v1 fights of yesteryear.
· Some of the very weird bikes endurance teams used before the sportbikes from the 80s normalized everything.
· Unusual bikes you'd never use in a racetrack (cruisers, GT bikes, etc).
+ More tracks (real or not).
+ "Tyre wear" so we can have downscaled endurance races with pitstops (like in GT Sport).

It's alright they're giving us some extra bikes for free but it feels empty when it's that modern Z1000.

The 400s are something of an oversight, seeing as they're a whole legal category in Japan that resulted in some awesome grey import shenanigans everywhere else. Oh for a VFR400 of any (/every) description; and in the game.

I once witnessed a pack of screaming ZXR400s racing at Cadwell and was smitten then. Of course, since that time, now even litre bikes rev higher, but still.

Reckon they'd pair up OK with the 250 two smokes?

Yesterday in one of the 125cc races (2nd set of volumes, I think, near the right hand side) I had the AI at 20% and still only won by 100ths of a second. And that was on an R3, whereas the rest of the races were on a Gilera.

Incredibly frustrating!
That's a classic case of lean angle.

I had the same trouble on the R3, switched to my RG125 and had less of an issue in the corners, although I did have to watch my back on the uphill after Bergwerk.

The R3 does not lean as much as the old race replica 125s, so it simply does not corner as fast.

IMG_20190129_205322.jpg

Well, hello there! :cheers:

I see from the patch notes that the time attack modes have been made easier by raising the PP. So let's hope that helps with the previous impossible stages.
But it may have been better to have just increased the time limit for gold.

I see from the patch notes that the time attack modes have been made easier by raising the PP. So let's hope that helps with the previous impossible stages.
But it may have been better to have just increased the time limit for gold.
This won't solve the fact that I can't get the freaking gold on the GPZ900 time trial. Milestone, WTF!?

Still with some bugs... within a 5min gameplay, I found (and opened a trouble ticket with Milestone):

Graphical bugs:

• Triumph Street Twin:
    When upgrade the exhaust to "muffler steel", no exhaust appears.
  • Triumph Street Twin:
    No Animation on the rev counter when the race starts (the rev needle doesn't move)
  • BMW R NINET
    On the motorbike description the word "Akrapovič" is wrongly written
Also, regarding the "TCS" bug...it still exists... at least for the first time I picked the bike I had at my garage, with TCS off (it was like this before the patch), the TCS was kicking... so the bug remained. after I turned off, it remained off in all other bikes...need to check again tomorrow.

But... good things are also present... the game continues to be improved and it's still a joy to play (except the AI).

y4myVxnOt4TOC3NdaA9EvPc68hMlqO__jSGbheKkbjLaswfN9bDmKVwIkKyS2z-1ZN7s02M-7yr4wCwUrxKq60IoVNJa8UjPRlxePYas-2s_gJU_v-f2-CHj23GcZW3H73hy_3maMD2xTjdmH4sRTBgbzTUBblBXC24lyiw-q7vddtfANzcjczR1MWMv-UocJ0WaEifkfcWq9X92gi2O2Hcpw

Last edited:
I picked this up in the Sale and have been messing around on it. Again the rain tracks (like motogp) are my favourite as i think it enhances the graphics the way they have the rain drops etc. Enjoying it so far as it makes a nice change from cars.

I was also pleased to see it have PC supporting Nvidia photo mode super resolution. These were taken in 8K but resized to upload here. 👍
Ride3 Super-Resolution 4k.jpg

Ride3 Super-Resolution 4ka.jpg

Ride3 Super-Resolution 4kb.jpg

Ride3 Super-Resolution 4kc.jpg

Back