RIDE 3

• Thread starter DarthMosco
  • 912 comments
It's a shame about the circuits that didn't make it (I quite liked Almería, as well as the Japan and France fictional circuits), but the variety of new additions is very welcome indeed!

@zargdin I don't think "Milano" is new, in that both Ottobiano and Monza were in Ride 2. Also, "Salt Flats" is likely to be the drag strip from the earlier games, too. I don't think the new Tenerife circuit is finished, or making much progress at all, so it's probably another "based on real roads" job. Nice list.

The article only says that it will run on the PS4 pro at 60fps, doesn't refer to the other platforms.
Hmmm, that's odd. The official page posted on Facebook stated that both consoles would run at 60 fps.

Screenshot_20181116-062726_Facebook.jpg

I still can't believe the bike list is still missing the 70's and 80's legendary sport bikes (z1000,cb1000,Katana1000,Gpz turbo.....) ,sport touring and older cafe racers. I hope dlc has some surprises.

I've just managed to play Ride 3 on the PS4 Pro at this year's Motorcycle Live event at the NEC in Birmingham. The circuit I raced on was Brands Hatch Indy layout and the motorcycle was the latest Yamaha R1.

The event was only 3 laps long so it was quite a short stint, but I did notice a couple of things.

First was the visual improvement. This game looks a lot like Forza 7 in that the lighting and colour palettes are nearly identical, and the game ran buttery smooth at 60 fps.
The next difference was the feel of weight from the bike. In Ride 2 the bikes felt light as a feather and really responsive to any steering input. This time around the motorcycle moved a lot more slowly and smoothly from upright to full lean, and braking distances were a little longer.
The tight apex at turn 2 was difficult to hit, often due to me turning the bike in too late, running the corner several feet wide.
The exit of the final turn also proved difficult to master, every time the motorcycle wanted to run into the gravel on throttle.

Unfortunately I couldn't tell you what assists I was using at the time, other than traction control was definitely on, as was the wheelie control and the dynamic racing line.

I managed to break into the top 5 fastest times set all week with a time of 46.053 seconds, meaning I could be receiving a free copy soon should it stay that way!

Feeling a little sleepy, so only had the briefest look at the livery editor, but it seems robust and Forza-esque. Roll on free time so I can get the crayons out. Chose the Suzuki stroker as my starter bike.

Just had a quick blast on Xbox One X. There is an option for high framerate, or high resolution mode. I am still using a 1080p TV, but chose high resolution in case it includes other graphical niceties :)

Plays very smoothly indeed. The first race was on a Ducati at Laguna Seca and it looks pretty nice. Certainly seems to be Milestones best looking release to date. Only slight problem was when watching a replay and the front wheel going a bit crazy as the suspension was worked. This hadn't affected me during the race, so I assume it was literally just a replay bug.

Nice that you get an option to choose the length of races now. Not sure how long you can go, as I only chose 5 laps for a quick blast.

My only wish now is that the Isle of Man TT devs play this to learn how a bike should handle in a videogame.

Back