RIDE 3

• Thread starter DarthMosco
  • 912 comments
Photomode is really good. Just had a quick peep and it is a big improvement. You can now choose the aspect ratio of pics, including cinema style widescreen and also 4:3. Plus you can choose to remove opponents, so if you get that one shot but they are in the way...no problem anymore :) Need to dive deeper into it, but so far it adds some really good improvements.

Just had a quick blast on Xbox One X. There is an option for high framerate, or high resolution mode. I am still using a 1080p TV, but chose high resolution in case it includes other graphical niceties :)

Plays very smoothly indeed. The first race was on a Ducati at Laguna Seca and it looks pretty nice. Certainly seems to be Milestones best looking release to date. Only slight problem was when watching a replay and the front wheel going a bit crazy as the suspension was worked. This hadn't affected me during the race, so I assume it was literally just a replay bug.

Nice that you get an option to choose the length of races now. Not sure how long you can go, as I only chose 5 laps for a quick blast.

My only wish now is that the Isle of Man TT devs play this to learn how a bike should handle in a videogame.

I'll be honest I was going to give this a miss as I hardly play Ride2 (only because so many good games are competing for my time) but it sounds like they have really put some work into it to raise the bar.

I thought the handling was very good in previous Ride titles so yeah this all sounds good to me, as you say if only the devs from the TT game would play these titles and see how a bike game could be! such a shame

Pity we won't see another Tourist Trophy as I'm not remotely impressed with the graphics. The bikes themselves seem to resemble Tamiya models of bikes rather than actual bikes made of metal. They also don't seem to gel with the track (equally odd looking shiny surfaces and poor shadows) and don't pass the 'thought it was real for second' test.

I'm sure it's fun but PD, SM or Codemasters would make it look a lot better if they turned their hands to bikes. I think the lack of any competition leads to Milestone's mediocre output.

Hmm, Cadwell looks really good. A little narrow perhaps, and the verticality is exaggerated I think, plus the trackside objects are not all exactly in the right places etc., and one or two corners don't seem quite right (the chicane and Hall bends, after the Mountain), which may be because of the other issues. But these are so very minor, really, compared to the (lack of) accuracy of the real world tracks in earlier games.

Can't wait to try the other tracks now, especially Donington, Dundrod and the Nürburgring!

Good to hear the classic GSXR induction note there in high quality*; in fact the sound overall is massively improved: the external mixing is passable now (Doppler and a nice distance effect; just missing some rich reverb) and the onboard is pretty expressive, improving on work done for Ride 2 in that respect.

Well done Milestone. Now to wait for my PC copy to arrive...

* sounds like they're using granular ramps; notice the crackling on the two strokes when the engine speed doesn't change much. This is probably preferable to obvious banding from switching between sample loops as rpm changes, and mushiness from blending.

Pity we won't see another Tourist Trophy as I'm not remotely impressed with the graphics. The bikes themselves seem to resemble Tamiya models of bikes rather than actual bikes made of metal. They also don't seem to gel with the track (equally odd looking shiny surfaces and poor shadows) and don't pass the 'thought it was real for second' test.

I'm sure it's fun but PD, SM or Codemasters would make it look a lot better if they turned their hands to bikes. I think the lack of any competition leads to Milestone's mediocre output.

Well Tourist Trophy looked ok back in the day, but had what? 4 bikes on track at once? Plus I thought the handling was bland compared to the Isle of Man game that was out back then.

I think the bike models in this are excellent. It must be a hell of a lot harder having 12 modelled bikes, than 12 modelled cars, with all the small details that need to be included.

By SM do you mean slightly mad? As I wouldn't trust them to do a new Rise of The Robots, never mind a motorcycle game. They have no clue how to implement a controller properly, and I hit a bug in Project Cars 2 about a year ago (as did others) that stopped my progress in it's tracks, and actually deleted a fair bit of progress, and they still haven't fixed it!!

@Scaff how does the handling feel compared to ride 2 ?
You can tell it an evolution of the same engine underneath, but from the limited time I've had with it, it feels tighter and easier to control with a pad (less of the easy exaggeration of movement that Ride 2 could have), while still offering the right amount of challenge in terms of getting the corner set-up right.

when you mess up it never feels unfair (hello TT), which to me is a very good indicator.

I tried out the NSR 125 I picked as my starter and it's so twitchy. Just can't get a smooth arc going with it. I'm hoping it's just this one bike, or else I can't see myself getting on with the game at all. Not feeling the livery editor much either, too many layer glitches, even using the depth tool.

VXR
I tried out the NSR 125 I picked as my starter and it's so twitchy. Just can't get a smooth arc going with it. I'm hoping it's just this one bike, or else I can't see myself getting on with the game at all.
Try adjusting your suspension settings, the NSR125 is a very light bike compared to 1000cc's and even 600cc's

It's taking me forever to adjust to the physics of this game. I'm flopping all over the place trying to figure out how to ride smoothly.

After reading all the comments about the game, I couldn't take it and downloaded it after dinner. And of course the gold edition so I could play it early.

It didn't finish downloading, but I will say I love the game (so far... :rolleyes: ). Only did the opening race, and then did some TT laps with my free CBR 300R. Ran them in 1st person and in Helmet Cam. Game is fantastic. I really like it, and I feel it's a definite step up from Ride 2, and the FR is smooth (compared to MotoGP 18, which I still play).

Anyway, if you liked Ride or Ride 2 I think that Ride 3 is a no brainer, with what little I played. Anyhoo, my 0.02.

After reading all the comments about the game, I couldn't take it and downloaded it after dinner. And of course the gold edition so I could play it early.

It didn't finish downloading, but I will say I love the game (so far... :rolleyes: ). Only did the opening race, and then did some TT laps with my free CBR 300R. Ran them in 1st person and in Helmet Cam. Game is fantastic. I really like it, and I feel it's a definite step up from Ride 2, and the FR is smooth (compared to MotoGP 18, which I still play).

Anyway, if you liked Ride or Ride 2 I think that Ride 3 is a no brainer, with what little I played. Anyhoo, my 0.02.
Are you playing on the OG PS4 or XB1? I've only seen footage from the PRO and the X versions of the game.
I would love to know how ''smooth'' it runs on the OG PS4 - whether if it's a locked 30fps or 30fps with dips.

I downloaded it to my standard PS4... and I didn't notice any FR dips, or hiccups, like MotoGP 18 has. And I really like MotoGP 18, still play it almost every day. I truly don't know if it's locked or not, but it did look good. I just like racing games, and this one, again with limited play seems like a good one. Does it have a demo? I didn't notice if there was one available.

Back