RIDE 3

• Thread starter DarthMosco
  • 912 comments
Anyone who really likes milestone's ride3 and likes maybe rally style should try mxgppro, especially if you like the rider perspective, it's remarkably good simstyle motocross game to me. It looks great, sounds great, has many levels of sim handling, great replays, good a.i. for most part, great physics to me.
It's the only sim style game i even lowered a little from highest sim level, it's not so easy at 1st at least and in handlebar view. I love it.
21 tracks all interesting, has dynamic track surface with grooves from you and the ai that affects the ride too. Even has a clutch control.

Just the 2 training forest tracks already are great fun. Cheers..
Edit: @MrCrynox if you like bumps you'll be well served hehe. You have to manage and time your throttling and angle on bumps carefully or you'll fly off in any direction.

Even that is kinda fun, your rider planting his face on a tree lol with ragdoll physics.

Last edited:
Anyone who really likes milestone's ride3 and likes maybe rally style should try mxgppro, especially if you like the rider perspective, it's remarkably good simstyle motocross game to me. It looks great, sounds great, has many levels of sim handling, great replays, good a.i. for most part, great physics to me.
It's the only sim style game i even lowered a little from highest sim level, it's not so easy at 1st at least and in handlebar view. I love it.
21 tracks all interesting, has dynamic track surface with grooves from you and the ai that affects the ride too. Even has a clutch control.

Just the 2 training forest tracks already are great fun. Cheers..
Edit: @MrCrynox if you like bumps you'll be well served hehe. You have to manage and time your throttling and angle on bumps carefully or you'll fly off in any direction.

Even that is kinda fun, your rider planting his face on a tree lol with ragdoll physics.

I really want to put some time into the bike games but I just can't seem to pull myself away from the Rally games & there's only so much time even with the Corona lock in.. :( I have MXGP3, Ride 2 & MotoGP17, one day.. Rest assured I'm reading all the posts :)

Ok so as MotoGP 19 was on sale on UK Playstore £13.99 I believe it was, I grabbed a copy and had a quick blast last night. Physics seem good, first thing I do is turn all assists off and head for the historic bikes which was disappointing, as nearly all 4 stroke and 2 stroke bikes are locked. Also, could not see any way to watch a replay in time attack mode.

I will spend some more time on it today and maybe do a couple of races to get a true feel for the game but other than above annoyances liking it so far.

Ok so as MotoGP 19 was on sale on UK Playstore £13.99 I believe it was, I grabbed a copy and had a quick blast last night. Physics seem good, first thing I do is turn all assists off and head for the historic bikes which was disappointing, as nearly all 4 stroke and 2 stroke bikes are locked. Also, could not see any way to watch a replay in time attack mode.

I will spend some more time on it today and maybe do a couple of races to get a true feel for the game but other than above annoyances liking it so far.
Yh too bad no replay, i wonder why.

Yh too bad no replay, i wonder why

Yep, don't get it, the icon is there but greyed out. Thought it was because I hadn't done a clean lap at first but then did a few and... Oh no, still no replay option. Not a deal breaker but a strange omission nonetheless, I like watching the replays of my singular exploits in Ride 3 so thought this would be much the same, oh well, that's Milestone for you!

So I managed to unlock the R2 Kawasaki 10rr and using it in the endurance races...

Don't judge me but I normally race on 60% with all aids off except linked brakes sometimes.

That Kawa is so OP that at Imola, after resetting and changing difficulty every time I got into the lead by 3rd corner, I eventually won easily(!!!) on 105%.

That bike is lovely to ride and the definition of OP hahaha

So I managed to unlock the R2 Kawasaki 10rr and using it in the endurance races...

Don't judge me but I normally race on 60% with all aids off except linked brakes sometimes.

That Kawa is so OP that at Imola, after resetting and changing difficulty every time I got into the lead by 3rd corner, I eventually won easily(!!!) on 105%.

That bike is lovely to ride and the definition of OP hahaha
No judgement. Play the game at whatever % gives you the most enjoyment. 👍

I've been playing this recently and couldn't help noticing that the AI is useless at Imola (unless it's raining, for some reason they lap Imola faster in the rain than the dry).

So I'm trying to do the 'Full Throttle' part, and the drag strip.
Chose the ZX14 tuned to 710.

Won the first race by over two seconds... And 2nd race came third by a LONG way to a KTM Superduke 1290.... And my gearing keeps changing. Nothing I do keeps the gearing I want.

I save a setting with top speed 315kph, do the race and I top out at 270 something.
Go back into settings and yeah, gearing shows top speed of 276.

Change it to 315 again, go out, go back in and it's now 359...

This game, yoh.

Hi guys, I just thought I`d share a frustrating experience of mine with Ride 2 over the last couple of days...

So I thought I`d take a break from the Rally games & have a relax/try & get into Ride 2, (I have barely started it). I played a fast flowing street circuit & won after a few attempts & then the next race I chose was the Nurburgring GP short circuit on Naked bikes. Well, I got blown away, I just couldnt seem to brake anywhere near the same as the AI constantly over running all corners crashing etc. So being British I soldiered on, retry, retry, retry then finally gave in & put the difficulty down to hard, then medium, nope I still couldnt brake the same as the AI, all flying past me in the braking areas, sometimes knocking me off, but at least I could get round now without crashing so an improvement.

After reading online somewhere that you should pull back on the stick when braking, I thought ah, that must be it, so came back the next day to find a slight improvement using this method, but still after 3 laps I was pretty much at the back. Next I purchased one of the OP bike for the series, (Ducati Streetfighter), upgraded the brakes & power to the highest level I could, tried, better now able to finish in the top ten. All the while thinking you bike racing guys are bike racing gods that possess amazing skills & that there is a reason why I stick to car games, because I just cant do it !!

After 2 hours of constant retries, I very nearly did something I havent done since I was a kid, rage quit ! And then I had one lucky break & finished 2nd, thats it not playing anymore gonna put this down to me being **** at bike games, its over. :guilty:

Watched the replay & then once again with telemetry on just to see if I could pick anything at all to indicate my poor preformance, and........there it was, the front brake did not seem to be working at all !!!!! I thought well this a Milestone game so perhaps they have messed it up. Anyway, into controller settings, oh my god, front brake set to right stick up instead of left trigger !!! I don`t know how this happened, all I know is I`m such an idiot !! :rolleyes: Set it correctly, retried, won, (once I readjusted all my braking points). Put difficulty back to Realistic, still won. I`m gonna give this game a proper go now, despite my 3 hours or so of utter pain, I really got into the handling, its a nice break from the hardcore stress of Rally, but only if both brakes are working !!! :lol::lol::lol: Laugh away boys !!

Last edited:
Hi guys, I just thought I`d share a frustrating experience of mine with Ride 2 over the last couple of days...
Just take your time, only got 2 wheels, its lot harder than 4. Smooth power, brakes, do some time trails with ghost on, set Al to easy.

Ride 3 is in the Easter sale on PSN at £19.99. It includes the season pass.
Good deal for all dlc included, the season pass isn't cheap. Just not sure if ill wait for ride4 instead of getting the expansion for 3. Just tried it again a little after enjoying motogp19 alot, finding it just as fun, especially sport bikes like the Yam yzf6 from 90s i think or early 2000.

Edit: the career with unlocking bikes challenges can be annoying but at least it's different to the usual championships, as long as you can adjust the difficulty to your liking it's not such a big deal maybe.

What i miss most compared to motogp19 is a clutch, especially that it can even be analog in that game. Weird that they didn't add this for ride3 and put it in motogp19.
Surely they will add it in ride4..

Last edited:
Good deal for all dlc included, the season pass isn't cheap. Just not sure if ill wait for ride4 instead of getting the expansion for 3. Just tried it again a little after enjoying motogp19 alot, finding it just as fun, especially sport bikes like the Yam yzf6 from 90s i think or early 2000.

Edit: the career with unlocking bikes challenges can be annoying but at least it's different to the usual championships, as long as you can adjust the difficulty to your liking it's not such a big deal maybe.

What i miss most compared to motogp19 is a clutch, especially that it can even be analog in that game. Weird that they didn't add this for ride3 and put it in motogp19.
Surely they will add it in ride4..

So Ripper, I'm curious what is your controller configuration when playing these games ? What do you use for the clutch ? I'm actually really enjoying Ride 2 atm to the point that I might buy 4 upon release, but I must admit that my brain does struggle with operating both brakes, sitting upright & dropping gears all at the same time, so to think about a manual clutch as well, I just don't know if I could handle it ! I think my biggest problem is that I set the rear brake to the X button which is my default for hand brake in the car games so I keep subconsciously pressing it at the wrong time thinking it's going to help !!

So Ripper, I'm curious what is your controller configuration when playing these games ? What do you use for the clutch ? I'm actually really enjoying Ride 2 atm to the point that I might buy 4 upon release, but I must admit that my brain does struggle with operating both brakes, sitting upright & dropping gears all at the same time, so to think about a manual clutch as well, I just don't know if I could handle it ! I think my biggest problem is that I set the rear brake to the X button which is my default for hand brake in the car games so I keep subconsciously pressing it at the wrong time thinking it's going to help !!
Well in ride3 there's no clutch so that solves/simplifies it there. I also use x for the rear brake in both games. In ride 3 it becomes progressively stronger the longer you hold it so i just kinda pump it a little, if i find i turned in late mostly, or soon you will lock the rear.
In motogp19 the rear brake is alot smoother and weak and is easy to just keep it pressed to help turn in better as it doesn't get any stronger the longer you hold it. It's a little bit of a crutch i find in this as it's so easy to use but it helps of course to use it.
It depends on each bike too, like some historic bikes have stronger rear brake or at least slide the rear more to the point where you can lose it or lose time from slipping at least.
Also ride3 i think has smoother controls and cam perspective than ride2, or ride1 at least, so its more manageable i feel.
In ride3 i use helmet view and tuckin which helps turn in i find, also it's alot cooler feel leaning into corners.
I'm used to holding the tuckin with circle most times and can still upshift with the triangle without letting go of the tuckin. And i use square for downshift which is fine for it as you need let go of tuckin while slowing down so.
But once I'm in the turn i keep tuckin again and can still press the x for a little rear brake turn in adjustment.
Same motogp19 except it's automatic tuckin.
For the clutch in motogp19 i can either use the left bumper on the ds4 for digital clutch or the right joystick up for analog. But then i need change the shift up down from the square and circle buttons to the shoulder buttons let's say.

Not easy i admit to get used to changed controls. But it's pretty damn cool. That's why i want to get the new underbelly attachment for the ds4, i think it be easier to shift with the middle finger on the bottom new buttons while using the right stick for clutch.
I hope the ds5 will have them as default or at least as an option too. In the meantime sometimes i just use the left bumper for clutch in motogp19, especially for the newer non historic motogp bikes as they are a handfull with no aids and from what i was told they don't use a clutch except at the start. But in that game you can still at least throttle blip even without using the clutch, but it's easy to use the left bumper too for digital clutch to match revs when downshifting, which you need cause you can lose the rear if not on torquey engine bikes like the ducati. Not so much on the older bikes.

Edit: so in ride3 in curves i mostly use tuckin, throttle with a little power oversteer, front brake to slow down of course but also to try trailbrake a little and rider position too with the left joystick to adjust my line leaning forward a little more if the front gets too light too to help turn in and sit back to brake and lean backward when powering out of curves to have more weight and grip on the back and then push the rider forward when almost out of the curve to help the front not go up too much. And downshift to help rear engine braking and turn in.

And I'll pump the rear brake if i see I'm coming in too fast and won't be able to slow down in time if not.

In motogp19 its almost same but i use the rear brake cause it's so easy and almost mandatory for turn in, at least in some historic bikes, not sure about all modern bikes, i haven't tried that many yet. I also use it to just slowdown faster before a curve.

Same for downshifting, it seems even more needed in that game to engine brake the rear to help turn in, again especially in some older bikes.
What's fun with the analog clutch is a little overrev powershifting by slipping the clutch a little.
And for smoother downshifting and throttle blip. And for faster smooth starts by slipping the clutch as i did always in real life too.:D well anyone needs do that a little anyways right unless it's an automatic lol or i don't know newer bikes if they are clutchless.

Edit2: one thing i noticed in ride3 is when you are tucked in most times the bikes react more and better i find, not just for turn in, but also wheelie from throttling out of curves alot more, which i find cooler and challenging and real to me, and you need adjust your throttling to wheelie not too much, even if you are leaned forward. It seems like the game reversed the reaction you should get when tucked in or not, cause it seems you should wheelie less if tucked in, i don't know, but it's fine to me cause i use manual tuckin always and love the handling like that.
You can notice it easily at the start if you don't tuckin and lean forward the bike will rarely wheelie, but if tucked in it still might and you need control your throttling. I think that's more realistic too cause a high performance modern bike im pretty sure will still have enough power and light weight to wheelie if you punch it at the start.

In motogp19 they also seemed to have reversed some effects, when you lean forward for example, you accelerate alot less in high speed, compared to sitting up, which seems silly to me as you are in the wind of course sitting up.
Surprising mistakes unless i don't get it, i dont know.

Edit3 hehe. One thing that should be worth waiting for ride4 instead of getting 3 is the a.i. if it's more like motogp19 in ride4 it will be alot less annoying as they are not in the way as much as in ride3 and bumping into you. That gets old fast when it keeps happening. And they are more varied.

Also i really hate how in ride3 the ai is so much faster in a straight line accelerating and coming into turns unless you upgrade or have one of the higher spec bikes. And then they are so slow in the turn my god, and in your way. I wish you can select each opponent bike for a race like in Ac custom championship and maybe have balance of performance for them. I don't like the idea of upgrading to be similarly performing as the ai.

On BrandsHatch, after the 1st turn where the track dips alot and you can run on the curb too, the rear can get light and you can lean backward a little to help not slip the rear, i like that part hehe. My god I'm rambling ook hehe.

Last edited:
Well in ride3 there's no clutch so that solves/simplifies it there. I also use x for the rear brake in both games. In ride 3 it becomes progressively stronger the longer you hold it so i just kinda pump it a little, if i find i turned in late mostly, or soon you will lock the rear.
In motogp19 the rear brake is alot smoother and weak and is easy to just keep it pressed to help turn in better as it doesn't get any stronger the longer you hold it. It's a little bit of a crutch i find in this as it's so easy to use but it helps of course to use it.
It depends on each bike too, like some historic bikes have stronger rear brake or at least slide the rear more to the point where you can lose it or lose time from slipping at least.
Also ride3 i think has smoother controls and cam perspective than ride2, or ride1 at least, so its more manageable i feel.
In ride3 i use helmet view and tuckin which helps turn in i find, also it's alot cooler feel leaning into corners.
I'm used to holding the tuckin with circle most times and can still upshift with the triangle without letting go of the tuckin. And i use square for downshift which is fine for it as you need let go of tuckin while slowing down so.
But once I'm in the turn i keep tuckin again and can still press the x for a little rear brake turn in adjustment.
Same motogp19 except it's automatic tuckin.
For the clutch in motogp19 i can either use the left bumper on the ds4 for digital clutch or the right joystick up for analog. But then i need change the shift up down from the square and circle buttons to the shoulder buttons let's say.

Not easy i admit to get used to changed controls. But it's pretty damn cool. That's why i want to get the new underbelly attachment for the ds4, i think it be easier to shift with the middle finger on the bottom new buttons while using the right stick for clutch.
I hope the ds5 will have them as default or at least as an option too. In the meantime sometimes i just use the left bumper for clutch in motogp19, especially for the newer non historic motogp bikes as they are a handfull with no aids and from what i was told they don't use a clutch except at the start. But in that game you can still at least throttle blip even without using the clutch, but it's easy to use the left bumper too for digital clutch to match revs when downshifting, which you need cause you can lose the rear if not on torquey engine bikes like the ducati. Not so much on the older bikes.

Edit: so in ride3 in curves i mostly use tuckin, throttle with a little power oversteer, front brake to slow down of course but also to try trailbrake a little and rider position too with the left joystick to adjust my line leaning forward a little more if the front gets too light too to help turn in and sit back to brake and lean backward when powering out of curves to have more weight and grip on the back and then push the rider forward when almost out of the curve to help the front not go up too much. And downshift to help rear engine braking and turn in.

And I'll pump the rear brake if i see I'm coming in too fast and won't be able to slow down in time if not.

In motogp19 its almost same but i use the rear brake cause it's so easy and almost mandatory for turn in, at least in some historic bikes, not sure about all modern bikes, i haven't tried that many yet. I also use it to just slowdown faster before a curve.

Same for downshifting, it seems even more needed in that game to engine brake the rear to help turn in, again especially in some older bikes.
What's fun with the analog clutch is a little overrev powershifting by slipping the clutch a little.
And for smoother downshifting and throttle blip. And for faster smooth starts by slipping the clutch as i did always in real life too.:D well anyone needs do that a little anyways right unless it's an automatic lol or i don't know newer bikes if they are clutchless.

Edit2: one thing i noticed in ride3 is when you are tucked in most times the bikes react more and better i find, not just for turn in, but also wheelie from throttling out of curves alot more, which i find cooler and challenging and real to me, and you need adjust your throttling to wheelie not too much, even if you are leaned forward. It seems like the game reversed the reaction you should get when tucked in or not, cause it seems you should wheelie less if tucked in, i don't know, but it's fine to me cause i use manual tuckin always and love the handling like that.
You can notice it easily at the start if you don't tuckin and lean forward the bike will rarely wheelie, but if tucked in it still might and you need control your throttling. I think that's more realistic too cause a high performance modern bike im pretty sure will still have enough power and light weight to wheelie if you punch it at the start.

In motogp19 they also seemed to have reversed some effects, when you lean forward for example, you accelerate alot less in high speed, compared to sitting up, which seems silly to me as you are in the wind of course sitting up.
Surprising mistakes unless i don't get it, i dont know.

Edit3 hehe. One thing that should be worth waiting for ride4 instead of getting 3 is the a.i. if it's more like motogp19 in ride4 it will be alot less annoying as they are not in the way as much as in ride3 and bumping into you. That gets old fast when it keeps happening. And they are more varied.

Also i really hate how in ride3 the ai is so much faster in a straight line accelerating and coming into turns unless you upgrade or have one of the higher spec bikes. And then they are so slow in the turn my god, and in your way. I wish you can select each opponent bike for a race like in Ac custom championship and maybe have balance of performance for them. I don't like the idea of upgrading to be similarly performing as the ai.

On BrandsHatch, after the 1st turn where the track dips alot and you can run on the curb too, the rear can get light and you can lean backward a little to help not slip the rear, i like that part hehe. My god I'm rambling ook hehe.

Thanks a lot for all your info, you have certainly given me a lot to think about :) There is a lot more to the handling of these bike games compared to the car games that I normally play, (which is perhaps a reason why they are so niche in comparison). When looking at reviews I think most don't understand all of the fine points you have raised.

I'm looking at this as a new challenge during this lockdown period, at the moment I'm just learning the tracks, came across Sugo yesterday - ace :) I need to raise my game, that's for sure 👍 thanks again :)

When looking at reviews I think most don't understand all of the fine points
Well seems to me some of them just use 3rd person and lose alot of the nuances and immersiveness and sim qualities of milestone games. Just my 2 cents.
And as @John Wells said, smooth throttling to not unbalance the bike too much, same in mxgppro.
@MrCrynox yeah thank god for games especially in this time, or I'd go crazy maybe,.. well crazier at least:lol:.
Oh also you said you're taking a break from rally to relax on ride2, not sure if i find these bike sims more relaxing, i love them but especially ride3 in helmet view is as stressing or moreso for me as the rally sims hehe.:banghead::boggled::D at least you don't have to deal with silly a.i. on track with you.

Edit: having a little fun with motogp19 again, the not too old bikes you really need lean back when accelerating in lower gears or the back will spin, even when power shifting, lots fun. I like this game in both helmet and 3rd person, maybe cause the sound is good too now in 3rd person in this, and maybe cause of the smoothness and feel.

Edit2: was just watching documentary videos on the tt isle of man race, and saw a little of northwest 200 race too in Ireland.

So i took a gsx600 on that track in ride3, man what a thrill in helmet view, that's crazy racing on there. When you go thru small towns and hear the big lightposts wizz by louder the nearer you pass them, goodness. Plus there's the sidewalk curb to avoid too.

Hope ride4 can have the big isle of man track. I don't know if Kyloton have an exclusive right to it, but I'd prefer have it in ride, since im not so sure of that other game's feel and sound etc.

Last edited:
Well that's just really p'd me off, PS Store won't let me buy the discounted Gold edition because I already own Ride 3 🤬 :banghead: so would have to fork out for the Season Pass !!!!!!

Well that's just really p'd me off, PS Store won't let me buy the discounted Gold edition because I already own Ride 3 🤬 :banghead: so would have to fork out for the Season Pass !!!!!!
I see, but i remember doing that with sudden strike 4, i had the base game and it was cheaper to get the discounted complete game than buying each dlc, but it didn't have a season pass i think.

I see, but i remember doing that with sudden strike 4, i had the base game and it was cheaper to get the discounted complete game than buying each dlc, but it didn't have a season pass i think.

I just tried by checking if I could buy AC ultimate edition (I already own base game also digital download) and of course it would let me.

I think it is a crafty tactic because it's on offer, not very fair though in my opinion 👎

I have a question i recently downloaded ride 2 again which i bought a while back my question since 3 is on sale is it worth it? other then more tracks and bikes what other advantages does it have over ride 2?

I have a question i recently downloaded ride 2 again which i bought a while back my question since 3 is on sale is it worth it? other then more tracks and bikes what other advantages does it have over ride 2?
Well i have ride 1 and 3, and i did watch, listen to ride2 gameplay vids too. And there's a big difference in sound, that's for sure in many bikes. Much improved in 3. 1 and 2 seem pretty similar to me. Maybe some bikes sounded better in 2 compared to 1 but still. For me it's pretty important at least.

And i think the smoothness of the cams when playing and the responsive controls are better in 3 also, and feel more like agile bikes, with differences in each one, and less like tanks or cars.

And graphics are smoother better, ride3 did switch to a new engine, Unreal engine. Load times are better once you started up the game.
But even though there is more bikes, some that were available in ride1 base game for example, are now dlc. But if you get the deal on the complete version well no problem i guess then.

Oh but the a.i. is annoying, often in your way in 3 and bumping into you.

Edit: Just tried ride1 again by curiosity, and it's not comparable. 3 is so much more sim and real feeling, bikes feeling alive, not like robots. Also in replay you can see physics and animations, even ragdoll physics, no comparison.
And the sound ouch, can't go back after having 3 for sure. Pretty sure ride2 is similar alot to 1, with just little improvements.

And the perspectives and feel when playing in 3rd and especially helmet and cockpit views are alot better too and real feeling.

Ride3 in a new modern game engine is loads better im my opinion..

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone has played Forza or PC2 recently.. I played them to death for age , but R3 is my current motorsport game...

So I tried Forza this morning and damn me I have forgotten how to drive!

The fact you start turning a bike waaaaaay before the corner does not translate well to cars :lol:

Not sure if anyone has played Forza or PC2 recently.. I played them to death for age , but R3 is my current motorsport game...

So I tried Forza this morning and damn me I have forgotten how to drive!

The fact you start turning a bike waaaaaay before the corner does not translate well to cars :lol:

I'm playing Ride 2 & I totally agree. The game feels so smooth compared to the car games when you nail a series corners it feels great, it's all about the lines :)

Have to say with spring here in Canada, and playing this and watching videos like the tt race documentaries, makes me itching to ride and get a real bike again. Been long, but i can't afford it lol for now at least.

Was trying Macau track again, in time trial, easy to get an invalid lap just barely nudging the side walls.

Have to say with spring here in Canada, and playing this and watching videos like the tt race documentaries, makes me itching to ride and get a real bike again. Been long, but i can't afford it lol for now at least.

Was trying Macau track again, in time trial, easy to get an invalid lap just barely nudging the side walls.

I only ever had one bike, a Honda Hornet, for about a year, that's it. I would love to have a go again but too scared at my age that I might fall off/get knocked off :) It would probably finish me off !

Back