Ride 4

• Thread starter Jtheripper
  • 738 comments
Haha, yeh Snetterton is bugged, they never bothered fixing it I guess.

Have you played sbk22 though? It's excellent. You'll like it. Turn up the sound on your amp!
Hehe, you read my mind, that's the one im thinking to try next, sbk22.

In vids, the helmet pov looks cool low to the side like in shoulder out of r3 etc.

I hope it's a real gameplay pov and not just a replay cam like in r4.
I was almost thinking to get r4 ps5 version for added feel of ds5 pad milestone put, since they make you pay for each version...

But i dont know now, with all bugs, and having rims now.

Sbk is on sale too on psn, as well as r4 and motogp22.
Gp22 im worried, i have and like motogp19, im worried if 22 has changed like r4 lol.

Edit: did retry r3 on ps5,,smooth fps, 3rd person is good, much more reasonnable, ill probably uninstall r4.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hehe, you read my mind, that's the one im thinking to try next, sbk22.

In vids, the helmet pov looks cool low to the side like in shoulder out of r3 etc.

I hope it's a real gameplay pov and not just a replay cam like in r4.
I was almost thinking to get r4 ps5 version for added feel of ds5 pad milestone put, since they make you pay for each version...

But i dont know now, with all bugs, and having rims now.

Sbk is on sale too on psn, as well as r4 and motogp22.
Gp22 im worried, i have and like motogp19, im worried if 22 has changed like r4 lol.

Edit: did retry r3 on ps5,,smooth fps, 3rd person is good, much more reasonnable, ill probably uninstall r4.

Cheers.
Weird that they make you pay on PS 5. On Series X, you just upgrade to the new gen version and Ride 4 looks so sweet. However, it still has that transparent block a few metres above the bike blocking out textures like a half invisible LOD margin or something. Old engine, new console.. so mehh

Totally get sbk22 and MotoGP 22. Well worth it. You will not be disappointed, especially the helmet cam in both games and bike sounds 👍👍

MotoGP 22 and SBK 22 are both awesome games. MotoGP 22 even has the full 2009 season in addition to 2022. It’s great. 21 was pretty poor but they learned, put it right and put out a really good game last year. Take note, Codemasters. I picked up the PS5 versions of both of them on the PSN sale, well worth it. Already had them on XSX but the haptic feedback makes it a worthwhile mini-upgrade I think.

Last edited:
I’ve always wanted to like Ride 4 because the track list, the features, the fact you can race the North West 200 and Ulster GP, it looks nice, it’s one of the first games - with the frame rate bump and increase in bikes on track - where I actually noticed the next gen version being better, because if I’m honest the first lot of X/S optimised games I couldn’t even tell. But my problem with Ride is always the same, the physics. The bikes just feel bouncy and imprecise, I’m constantly falling off and rewinding. Maybe it’s me and I’m just not much good at it, but playing it feels like a chore.
Ride 2 physics feels great imo.

Ride 5 is a must buy for me. The most important thing I want is that it has a hard-core simulation physics option for people that have more fun with a challenge and reality.

Last edited:
Ride 5 and its only current gen. :bowdown:

Preorder RIDE 5 now and get the full game together with Far East Pack, which includes two fantastic bikes:
  • Kawasaki Z900 - 2021
  • Suzuki TL 1000 R Racing Modified - 1998.

Special Edition​

• RIDE 5
  • RIDE 5 - Far East Pack
  • RIDE 5 - Rebel Pack
  • RIDE 5 - Season Pass
  • 3 days of early access

Rev up your engine and get ready to hit the track with RIDE 5. An adrenaline-filled gaming experience that is so authentic it will make you feel like you're truly racing at break-neck speed.

Find your favourite bikes and check out new ones in the ultimate motorcycle game! Race on over 35 tracks and collect more than 200 bikes from world-renowned manufacturers, each element is designed to feel like you're riding a real bike.

IT'S A LONG ROAD
It's not just speed that wins races - Endurance mode rewards perseverance and strategy. Time is no longer the issue, ride to your heart's content with the option of saving, exiting and jumping back in later. Just make sure you keep an eye on fuel and pit-stops - these helplines can quickly become your worst nightmare!

FROM ZERO TO HERO
Start out in your garage, climb the ranks and become the best world racer in the new Career mode.
Race against increasingly skilled Rivals, true obstacles who will stand between you and the finish line. Learn to master different bikes and handle every situation.
It won't be easy though... The road to victory is laden with challenges and it's up to you to decide which one you want to take - the harder the challenge, the greater the reward!

WIN UNDER ANY CONDITION
It doesn't matter how good you are, there is always one factor you can't control: the weather. Clear blue skies can turn into heavy downpours and then back to sunshine, rolling clouds will follow you as you dash through the bends, giving you ever-changing views and landscapes.
You will have to deal with unexpected situations and use your skill to tackle both wet and dry conditions - the improved physics makes for an even more life-like experience!

TEST. LEARN. RIDE.
Not sure which line to follow or when to slam on the brakes? Use the new riding aids and get customised support when needed the most. Learn to better handle the bike and the tricks of the trade to become the best rider you can be.

TAKE CONTROL
You can tell a true motorcycle aficionado not just from the bike but also from their garage - collect your favourite models and customise them to your liking. Share your designs with other players and showcase your style!
Don't get caught up on cosmetics only. With Race Creator you can build an endless number of scenarios, from single races to complete championships, choose your bikes and tracks, and act as a Race Director to set your own rules.

FEEL THE COMPETITION
Split screen is back! Now you can challenge a friend and win live!
And if you want to show the world what you're worth, Endurance races will really put you to the test, now even more thrilling thanks to the Crossplay function.

Looks good. They even have the updated Suzuka logo. :P

1681418106026.png

Sorry to bump this one. You can still buy every bikes even if you don't play career mode? Did you do the license tests?
Yes you can, and if collecting bikes is your thing, you're better off running time trials and especially the weekly challenges anyway.

I had uninstalled r4,,but since the ps5 version is on good sale,,both base game and complete one, i decided to retry my ps4 version on ps5, again..

Thing is, as long as you dont come in too fast in each curves, it's pretty damn good and fun.

Problem is you dont feel the limit well at all on ps4 version.
Decisions, decisions.. 🤔

Edit: also been trying it in 3rd person, you can see easier how the physics are pretty good really, as long as not overdo it.

Too bad the nice lean to the side isn't in this in helmet pov.
You do feel the road well visually in the 1st rider/fairing view though, and it's thrilling.

I love street sport bikes, looks like another buy for me lol, thanks to milestone for charging separately each gen on ps.

Last edited:
That bonus bike pack reminds me of one of few things I wasn’t big on in R4. Generic race bikes just doesn’t seem as authentic as a real licensed motorcycle. On the good side of it you get many racing machine's. Another must buy racing game for 2023

Got the ps5 version finally, complete too, many older bikes i wanted in that..

Have to say, it's a better version in many ways really.
Least is graphics, although it is nicer that way too, especially in menus, bikes have reflections at least, like in ride3..

But, more importantly, the pad feel is a major addition, they really went lazy on the ps4 version.

You feel much better the road and bike.
Especially skidding on curbs.
Plus immersion upped too, with feel from engine that really matches well with each bike sound.

You even feel the other bikes passing you lol.

Also controls seem smoother on ps5 version, more natural, progressive, even the clutch and rear brake which i set analog to the right stick, have more gradual feel.

In replays, bikes seem to move more naturally, smoother too, as a consequence.

Then the sound is really better, more crisp and with presence, resonance, and the 3d effect is maybe a little better too.
In the 1st rider pov, you hear really well other bikes passing by.

Tried the older rg500 suzuki 2stroke from mid 80s, sounds pretty convincing.
Some bikes still sound less so, like the base game h2 kawasaki,,bit lame that one.

And you hear better the road effects.

Really glad i took a chance in the end, worth it for sure, the only street bike game in town after all.

Have to admit, in the 1st rider pov choice, riding any mid 90s or prior bike, feels pretty close to what i remember, with sway of chassis etc.

Even the more modern powefull bikes now feel less floaty.

Too bad no replay in endurance races, even if a short 20 mins one.

Street sport bikes are like candy, marvels.
Cheers.

Don't get too excited for achievements but I must admit I was pretty proud to get this one. Worked very hard to get it, I'm not the fastest guy, obviously, so it was tough. I actually really like the endurance racing in Ride, not as in depth as say, PC2 or anything, but enough to make it pretty interesting. Onwards we go.

Ride Endurance re.jpg

Got the ps5 version finally, complete too, many older bikes i wanted in that..

Have to say, it's a better version in many ways really.
Least is graphics, although it is nicer that way too, especially in menus, bikes have reflections at least, like in ride3..

But, more importantly, the pad feel is a major addition, they really went lazy on the ps4 version.

You feel much better the road and bike.
Especially skidding on curbs.
Plus immersion upped too, with feel from engine that really matches well with each bike sound.

You even feel the other bikes passing you lol.

Also controls seem smoother on ps5 version, more natural, progressive, even the clutch and rear brake which i set analog to the right stick, have more gradual feel.

In replays, bikes seem to move more naturally, smoother too, as a consequence.

Then the sound is really better, more crisp and with presence, resonance, and the 3d effect is maybe a little better too.
In the 1st rider pov, you hear really well other bikes passing by.

Tried the older rg500 suzuki 2stroke from mid 80s, sounds pretty convincing.
Some bikes still sound less so, like the base game h2 kawasaki,,bit lame that one.

And you hear better the road effects.

Really glad i took a chance in the end, worth it for sure, the only street bike game in town after all.

Have to admit, in the 1st rider pov choice, riding any mid 90s or prior bike, feels pretty close to what i remember, with sway of chassis etc.

Even the more modern powefull bikes now feel less floaty.

Too bad no replay in endurance races, even if a short 20 mins one.

Street sport bikes are like candy, marvels.
Cheers.
You should try both MotoGP22 and SBK22. Excellent games!

Tried TT 3 yet? Can't seem to find the official thread for that here.

You should try both MotoGP22 and SBK22. Excellent games!

Tried TT 3 yet? Can't seem to find the official thread for that here.
I haven't yet, i usually wait for a while for a good sale and all updates done etc.
Too many games, same for sbk and motogp, since i just recently got r4 ps5, and rims, im not in much hurry. Even though they are both cheap now on sale on ps store.
---------
Enjoying r4 quite a lot, i now prefer the 2nd on bike pov, the one before the full helmet with overlay.

I seem to follow my line as easily as if in 3rd person, works pretty well, you can see into the curve better and is more fun and immersive than the 1st top of the gaz tank pov.

3rd person when i feel to play a more relaxed way.

Even the ai i often have not much problem racing with, they mostly bang on you if you ride irregularly, all over the place.

Edit: you also, especially on bike pov, hear really well with the 3d sound where an ai bike is when near you, helps do clean racing.

Last edited:
Just purchased MotoGP 23. It unlocks on Steam in a few hours so I'll probably jump in tomorrow evening.

Anyone else looking forward to it?

Last edited:
Back