RIDE

• Thread starter Fryto
  • 1,129 comments

Also any tips on Supermoto? I'm having a really hard time on the super tight tracks. I'm using the TM Racing bike tuned up to 250 PP but that doesn't seem to help any. Is there a higher PP bike available? It looks like you can go up to 270.

The supermoto bikes require a very different control style.

I found that the bike will slide as long as the throttle is off, so you get used to braking only with the front wheel to avoid crashing all the time. You can brake quite hard right up to the apex. If you find the excessive sliding is slowing you down or causing you to run wide, apply a tiny amount of throttle - this can help get the rear to stay in line and complete the corner. This is especially true of the faster corners, meaning brake in a straight line and power through. Be aware this can cause clashes with the AI, who are absolute demons on the faster corners.

The delayed input at slow speeds is a real killer. If you go with the adjustable suspension, try adding rear preload / removing front preload. This sharpens up the steering and you can change direction quicker. With the standard suspension, you can get close with equivalent stiffness changes, but this affects corner speed and over- / understeer tendency as well. With the jumps and so on, take your time and make sure your line is accurate, the AI aren't so good at it - often maintaining a constant speed and picking your way through is better than stop-start, purely because of the controls.

Gearing changes are an absolute necessity - you want to be able to slide the bike under power in the lower gears to scrabble out of hairpins. Often it's better to gear so short as to be topping out on the rev limiter at the fastest part of the track, just to be able to accelerate quicker on the slower sections.

As for bike choice, I used the Aprilia. It's a twin, so it's a bit heavier and revs higher, but the handling is probably substantially different from the singles.

I go Ride 2 for PS4 yesterday, great so far though a bit confusing at the beginning where I should start with the championship.

I have a problem with the free bike packs, I installed all of them and show as installed in add-ons. But they are not in my garage, and if I go to the dealer they are only available for purchase. So are these free or not? How can o add them to my garage without paying in game credits?

Yes its a bit confusing, free bike packs, you have too buy them at the dealers.
You can use them too help you with the game.

All recommended if you have the credits.

I bought this today whilst it was Gold discounted to £20 and downloaded the free bike packs. Good lord though, the DLC packs are expensive without a season pass option.

Pardon the double post, I'll update this with pics later, unless there is a separate thread for those?

All I can say is wow. This is everything I wanted the first game to be. I've not even done a career event yet, I'm just pushing my starter NSR 125 around races and time trials. Love the Ulster GP track and had a wonderfully tense, last corner win on the Nordschleife.

Just got Ride 2 as a late New Year’s gift. So far mixed feelings, but I’ve only tried out two bikes yet :)
After starting out with that Ducati Scrambler cafe racer, which is a pleasure to ride, I bought my favorite bike from the first Ride: the GSX-R 600. And that’s where I noticed they altered the bikes physics. In the first Ride it handled great. Nimble and responsive, while now it feels more sluggish in manoeuvering. Kind of like it’s a liter bike with a 600cc engine. In any case, not as fun to ride at all...
Next thing will be to try out my other favorites from the first game to see how they compare: the KTM Duke 1290 and the BMW S1000R.

Loading times are definitely shorter though than in the original, albeit still long.

Argh why does it seem like you have to do the invitational events. Exit a race. Select races, season 4 unlocked and I can only access the damn invitational races. No. I want to choose when to do them. Arghhhh.

Also the pp rating of the bikes seems somewhat off. A standard 03 R1 has much lower stats than the TLR I've tuned everything on, yet has a much higher pp rating. This is almost a good game.

Last edited:
You can't avoid doing the invitationals, unfortunately. A real bug bear for me, too. Once you unlock a few, though, you can pick a favourite / quickie to get it out of the way.

The PP system is way off, go by the stats instead if you're looking for a challenging race.
Just got Ride 2 as a late New Year’s gift. So far mixed feelings, but I’ve only tried out two bikes yet :)
After starting out with that Ducati Scrambler cafe racer, which is a pleasure to ride, I bought my favorite bike from the first Ride: the GSX-R 600. And that’s where I noticed they altered the bikes physics. In the first Ride it handled great. Nimble and responsive, while now it feels more sluggish in manoeuvering. Kind of like it’s a liter bike with a 600cc engine. In any case, not as fun to ride at all...
Next thing will be to try out my other favorites from the first game to see how they compare: the KTM Duke 1290 and the BMW S1000R.

Loading times are definitely shorter though than in the original, albeit still long.

I found you have to be smooth and precise with the GSXR600, but that challenge is very rewarding when you get it right - plus it's a hoot if you grab it by the scruff of the neck, e.g. when you mess up slightly. Perhaps you were just used to that tiny aircooled Ducati?

I find that with the supersports you have to be very careful with the rear brake, especially leaned over, otherwise you just push wide - the Daytona is one of the worst for it, it's properly quick and stable once you work around that.

Okay good it's not just me. Have you tried online races? The Ai on hardest setting seems to have an insane advantage on the brakes.
They are utter demons on the brakes, yes. Do all the brake upgrades, it makes a difference for some reason (although it soon adds up in cost). Using slick tyres also helps, but the AI get in the way in the corners instead! In theory, lightweight wheels will help reduce your braking distances, but I've not actually tried to verify it in the game - they're an unrealistically cheap upgrade in the game, so it's a no-brainer if you're chasing performance, or a bit of bling.

Mastering trail braking and front / rear braking power split is a must to get close to their ability. Swapping the rear brake to an analogue control, such as R2, helps - if that's a route that interests you.

I've not been online I'm afraid, not my scene :dopey:

Surprised no one has mentioned Ride 2 is £10 on UK PSN. Shall I buy it? I've found bike games awkward because 9F the way they flip flop so easily. I like driveclub bikes because it doesn't have this problem. I'm really not sure how much i will play it but I love bikes, and its only 10 quid right? Surely worth it?

Surprised no one has mentioned Ride 2 is £10 on UK PSN. Shall I buy it? I've found bike games awkward because 9F the way they flip flop so easily. I like driveclub bikes because it doesn't have this problem. I'm really not sure how much i will play it but I love bikes, and its only 10 quid right? Surely worth it?

Did you pick this up @lancia delta hf ? For £10 worth a punt. The bikes seem like they are going very slow to Drive Clubs fast bikes and the graphics are not too bad more like SLRE, I haven't played this for a while as I prefer MXGP3 on the unreal Engine but when I do it is fun on a DS4. As others have said slow loading times but there are not many road bike games to choose from on PS4. The game is a little under rated I think.👍

Did you pick this up @lancia delta hf ? For £10 worth a punt. The bikes seem like they are going very slow to Drive Clubs fast bikes and the graphics are not too bad more like SLRE, I haven't played this for a while as I prefer MXGP3 on the unreal Engine but when I do it is fun on a DS4. As others have said slow loading times but there are not many road bike games to choose from on PS4. The game is a little under rated I think.👍
Not yet. The reason being is because something sprung to mind. Both SLRE and MXGP2 gave me eye ache and slight nausea. Both milestone games on in-house engine. So I'm really not sure.

Reg, the unreal engine. The difference between MXGP2 and 3 is substantial with the unreal engine. The difference with MXGP3 on the unreal engine and Monster Supercross ( released next month ) with one years difference is insane. Have you seen it? I really hope milestone make a SLRE2 ( and Ride 3).

I'm gonna go get PSN card so I can buy Everybody's Golf, and will decide whether to get Ride2. I think I will though because I keep seeing Ride in the sale and just think I wish they would put Ride2 to around 10 quid. Might as well just get it done with. If I don't like it too bad.

Back