RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

• Thread starter Ridox2JZGTE
  • 5,032 comments
I see you are using STD setup, if you find the rear rotate too quickly, use the lower front track ride height ( 81/101 ), and if the 40/27/27 LSD too tight, use the 37/27/27 or 17/27/27 :) If these don't work well, use the 12kg/mm spring all around on standard ride height 101/101 and 37/27/27 LSD :cheers:

The unstable feeling is from the higher camber at the rear :) as I used real life camber alignment from 355 spec, how I wish camber and ride height is not broken :grumpy: it's glaring issue when making replicas :banghead: Lowering rear camber will add more grip to the rear :)
Thank you, already tried some of the suggestions. Next I'll try the last you've advised.

No worries, my friend, not all the replicas will be perfect, as IRL too not every car is very pleasant to drive. :)

Sooner or later we'll get back our camber too. 👍

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your time, Ridox. :bowdown: But there's a problem: I've noticed that the car I would make (the gtr) is not possible to make. 4WD (didn't thought about it) and too weight (over 80 kg)... :( Do you have any hint about a car that's "gt3able"?

Thank you, already tried some of the suggestions. Next I'll try the last you've advised.

No worries, my friend, not all the replicas will be perfect, as IRL too not every car is very pleasant to drive. :)

Sooner or later we'll get back our camber too. 👍

Imagine the amount of work for all tuners when camber and ride height got fixed :lol:

Thank you very much for your time, Ridox. :bowdown: But there's a problem: I've noticed that the car I would make (the gtr) is not possible to make. 4WD (didn't thought about it) and too weight (over 80 kg)... :( Do you have any hint about a car that's "gt3able"?

You can use 10/90 torque split, similar to Gallardo GT3. If you want RWD Skyline, the R33 GTR LM is FR or maybe the D1 GP R34 GTR :) or use the older JGTC Skyline ( GT500 )

Hey Ridox, i was wondering about making a gt3 replica by myself (my first tune done with "rigor"), and I want ask you some details about making a tune. Usually what parameters do you leave" real life", power and weight (obviously, otherwise what replica will it be?:lol:), gearing (if you can find them) and also suspension and lsd? Thank you very much for your help:)

@Vary

@Ridox2JZGTE its absolutely right, the method he refers in the conversation below is the best, but very tedious... Im using his suggestions and tips on the McLaren GT3 and almost every day I feel that something has to be changed, because when you change tracks you will notice radical changes on the car behaviour...

At this moment, the Mclaren feels great for me in flat tracks, but today I made a session in Bathurst and the car had a very different behaviour that what i had in other track. Thats why,for me, the Mclaren is far from having a final version...

Also made a session test on La Sathre and it was horrible, the car was way too bouncy and not competitive... :(

I have learned so much with Ridox explanations, I cant even imagine the time and dedication he puts in all the replicas the has made so far... I had to make research for 3 replicas so far, and the McLaren is killing me right now, I have sent emails and requests on specialty sites and forums and still no info avaliable...

All I can is that if someday I open a garage, I will hire Ridox as the CEO... :P

Chat soon. :)

PS: Time to call the Ferrari dealership to arrange the F40 delivery... :D :sly:

Last edited:
:lol: :sly:

@Ridox2JZGTE
The best what I've found so far:
  • Ride Height 81/101
  • Spring Rate 12.00/ 12.00
  • Brake Balance 6/4
  • LSD 40/27/27
ib|Tuned Car Festival|SM|Settings Above^|Camber used|ABS 0 - Winner! 👍

Awesome, I will include the combination setup in the replica tune post, it may help others to get started if they have trouble with standard setup, thank you :cheers:

@Ridox2JZGTE its absolutely right, the method he refers in the conversation below is the best, but very tedious... Im using his suggestions and tips on the McLaren GT3 and almost every day I feel that something has to be changed, because when you change tracks you will notice radical changes on the car behaviour...

At this moment, the Mclaren feels great for me in flat tracks, but today I made a session in Bathurst and the car had a very different behaviour that what i had in other track. Thats why,for me, the Mclaren is far from having a final version...

Also made a session test on La Sathre and it was horrible, the car was way too bouncy and not competitive... :(

I have learned so much with Ridox explanations, I cant even imagine the time and dedication he puts in all the replicas the has made so far... I had to make research for 3 replicas so far, and the McLaren is killing me right now, I have sent emails and requests on specialty sites and forums and still no info avaliable...

All I can is that if someday I open a garage, I will hire Ridox as the CEO... :P

Chat soon. :)

PS: Time to call the Ferrari dealership to arrange the F40 delivery... :D :sly:

I am doing this as a hobby, I think I don't cut it for a CEO :lol: Tuning and testing is the most difficult part after research, many kms spent, hours of driving :)

Good luck with the US F40 ownership :P, be sure to try Danbojte best combo setup as well :)

Hey Ridox, i was searching for a car to replicate and I was wondering about the Maserati Mc trofeo, after a couple of hours of research I've found on Google your garage and D'OH! You have already done it! :banghead: Now I have to go back to the start finding a new car... Have you got any suggestions? :confused:

Tjaarda Ford Mustang GT 550R BOSS 302 '13 ( Real World Setup version )
Fast & Furious Fantasy Replica

Special Build Replica with Real World Alignment Tjaarda Mustang GT 550R
Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

CAR : Ford Mustang BOSS 302 '13
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

Specs

Horsepower: 490 HP at 6400 RPM - alternative GT 550R 550HP
Torque: 489.8 ft-lb at 4800 RPM
Power Limiter at : 89% - alternative GT 550R power : 99.9%
Weight: 1647 kg
Ballast : 0 kg
Ballast Position : 0
Weight Distribution : 54 / 46 as in real life
Performance Points: 521

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Wheels : +1 Inch Up - RAYS 57Gainer in Silver
Car Paint : School Bus Yellow / Black Stripes

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Supercharger
Twin Plate Clutch
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission ( Optional )
Adjustable LSD

Suspension - Ford Racing FR500 Coilover Kit Lowered
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 97 70 ( lower rear to maintain visual level height )
Spring Rate: 8.93 12.50
Dampers (Compression): 3 6
Dampers (Extension): 2 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 2
Camber Angle: 1.8 0.7
Toe Angle: 0.00 0.38

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - XTrac 416 Sequential Gearbox - Optional
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 5.000
Set Auto Max Speed to 200kmh / 124mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.071
2nd 2.071
3rd 1.647
4th 1.350
5th 1.143
6th 1.000
Final Gear : 3.100 ( Use 3.730 or 3.980 Final for lower speed tracks )

LSD -Ford Racing T2R Race Master Traction Differential
Initial Torque : 24
Acceleration Sensitivity: 27
Braking Sensitivity: 10

Alternate Setup ( loose )
Initial Torque : 20
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20
Braking Sensitivity: 10

Brake Balance:
7/9 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/8, for ABS 1 7/9 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :
Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/9 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :'s's or
The yellow Tjaarda Mustang was featured in 4th installment of fast and furious movie series.

I tried to make a replica using the closest car - Mustang GT '05, but it couldn't be done as the car weight distribution was not possible to be fixed and gearing issues.

I decided to make a fantasy car replica using newer Mustang BOSS 302 '13, much easier to get close to the real Tjaarda spec used in the movie, 490HP with supercharger.

I kept the gearing, weight and distribution stock - same as in real life Tjaarda Mustang, then I tuned the suspension and LSD. I used real world setup for alignment ( toe and camber ).

The car is fun to drive, a little slow with the weight it has, but should be enjoyable.

ENJOY :cheers:

UPDATE : Added alternate LSD setup for looser handling and optional Xtrac 416 Transmission - tested at Bathurst on comfort soft and sports medium.

Well, you were right lol, it is slow 1:04.xxx, can't remember the last time a ran one of those. I must say I like it:lol: I did find the rear end fighting each other around the turns, as almost they were in battle over which side was gonna lock up:eek:

I recently broke my track record on Tsukuba. I had a 52.8xx with the Nissan GT-R GT3, however running that VGT BMW put me in the 0:51.8xx. I just wish you (not "you" lol) that they allowed the tranny to be tuned. I have no doubt times would go well into the low 0:50's the 0:49's no problem.

I have also tested 3 trucks on Nordschleife, yes Trucks!. Ford SVT F-150 Lightening, Toyota Tacoma X-Runner and the Dodge 4x4 Ram Quad Cab. I will just say they were very interesting to run on the Ring. I have them on you tube in a 3 part series.

Anyway, I am about to go back to your Ferrari tune, I posted some stock times on Tsukuba, will be interesting to see what times I post after your set up.

:cheers:

Lol...did you say the F-40 is one of your Fav's?? Holy frustrating Batman! The I could manage is in the 1:03.7xx...on CS tires....and that was merely a fluke I think. I think that heavy Mustang could bring in close to those # s with little work lol.

I dunno maybe I am missing something in the set up...but I feel as if I am a snow course.. I expected more from Ferrari. Now that I think if it... I went thru a similar thing with your GT3 Ferrari?? Maybe I should stay away from them lol

Last edited:
Hey Ridox, i was searching for a car to replicate and I was wondering about the Maserati Mc trofeo, after a couple of hours of research I've found on Google your garage and D'OH! You have already done it! :banghead: Now I have to go back to the start finding a new car... Have you got any suggestions? :confused:

Maybe making touring car replicas :) Look for premium cars that were used in touring car series, DTM, BTCC, Asian Touring Cars ... you'll find plenty infos with google :P

Well, you were right lol, it is slow 1:04.xxx, can't remember the last time a ran one of those. I must say I like it:lol: I did find the rear end fighting each other around the turns, as almost they were in battle over which side was gonna lock up:eek:

I recently broke my track record on Tsukuba. I had a 52.8xx with the Nissan GT-R GT3, however running that VGT BMW put me in the 0:51.8xx. I just wish you (not "you" lol) that they allowed the tranny to be tuned. I have no doubt times would go well into the low 0:50's the 0:49's no problem.

I have also tested 3 trucks on Nordschleife, yes Trucks!. Ford SVT F-150 Lightening, Toyota Tacoma X-Runner and the Dodge 4x4 Ram Quad Cab. I will just say they were very interesting to run on the Ring. I have them on you tube in a 3 part series.

Anyway, I am about to go back to your Ferrari tune, I posted some stock times on Tsukuba, will be interesting to see what times I post after your set up.

:cheers:

Lol...did you say the F-40 is one of your Fav's?? Holy frustrating Batman! The I could manage is in the 1:03.7xx...on CS tires....and that was merely a fluke I think. I think that heavy Mustang could bring in close to those # s with little work lol.

I dunno maybe I am missing something in the set up...but I feel as if I am a snow course.. I expected more from Ferrari. Now that I think if it... I went thru a similar thing with your GT3 Ferrari?? Maybe I should stay away from them lol

I have been offline for some time, modem issues :(

The Tjaarda main weakness is the weight, it's not very responsive and the rear is lazy :lol:

Have you tried danbojte setup with the F40 ? The most important thing of running F40 at Tsukuba is braking point, you need to make sure you brake at the latest possible moment smoothly, with CS tire, the braking distance is longer than SH tire. The 1st corner is important, do this well, you will hover flat 15s or 15.1s 1st sector ( 1st hairpin ), then the quick esses ( dunlop sign ), lift off and hit the apex on the right at 60mph/100kmh+, stay in the middle, and full throttle till you hit about 80mph, then lift a bit to 75%, aim the nose to the left and full on throttle again, you should hit 100mph before braking hard into the apex on the last hairpin, maintain speed around 50mph, aim the nose early, and exit with full throttle, keeping the steering straight as possible. The last corner of Tsukuba is very crucial, a small mistake could cost over a second. Brake early if necessary, but keep the speed high before hitting the apex, reduce speed gradually :) If done cleanly, the US F40 should lap in 1:02s consistently on CS.

Maybe making touring car replicas :) Look for premium cars that were used in touring car series, DTM, BTCC, Asian Touring Cars ... you'll find plenty infos with google :P

I have been offline for some time, modem issues :(

The Tjaarda main weakness is the weight, it's not very responsive and the rear is lazy :lol:

Have you tried danbojte setup with the F40 ? The most important thing of running F40 at Tsukuba is braking point, you need to make sure you brake at the latest possible moment smoothly, with CS tire, the braking distance is longer than SH tire. The 1st corner is important, do this well, you will hover flat 15s or 15.1s 1st sector ( 1st hairpin ), then the quick esses ( dunlop sign ), lift off and hit the apex on the right at 60mph/100kmh+, stay in the middle, and full throttle till you hit about 80mph, then lift a bit to 75%, aim the nose to the left and full on throttle again, you should hit 100mph before braking hard into the apex on the last hairpin, maintain speed around 50mph, aim the nose early, and exit with full throttle, keeping the steering straight as possible. The last corner of Tsukuba is very crucial, a small mistake could cost over a second. Brake early if necessary, but keep the speed high before hitting the apex, reduce speed gradually :) If done cleanly, the US F40 should lap in 1:02s consistently on CS.

Hey Ridox, glad to see you back:):)

I just found the F40 gives me a total lack of confidence, I've tried a few laps and 1:02's, I dunno bud, not sure where I am going to get it from, even reading what you've said about lapping Tsukuba....

I have posted some videos below to share, one of the F-40, the others of two trucks; the Ford SVT F-150 and the Toyota Tacoma X-Runner lapping the same track Tsukuba. Though these trucks are running a few sec's slower, you can easily see that the confidence in the handling of the these vehicles are much greater in the truck than the F-40.

Anyway, I thought it would be a fun comparison to throw up and share, if you get a chance have a peek, if nothing else watch the me lapping the F-40 maybe you can pick out what I need to change, maybe its my ride height?? or LSD settings?? I am @ 81/81, which seems to handle better than the 81/110, ride height.

Ferrari F40:

Ford SVT F-150 Lightening:

Toyota Tacoma X-Runner

Last edited:
Hey Ridox, glad to see you back:):)

I just found the F40 gives me a total lack of confidence, I've tried a few laps and 1:02's, I dunno bud, not sure where I am going to get it from, even reading what you've said about lapping Tsukuba....

I have posted some videos below to share, one of the F-40, the others of two trucks; the Ford SVT F-150 and the Toyota Tacoma X-Runner lapping the same track Tsukuba. Though these trucks are running a few sec's slower, you can easily see that the confidence in the handling of the these vehicles are much greater in the truck than the F-40.

Anyway, I thought it would be a fun comparison to throw up and share, if you get a chance have a peek, if nothing else watch the me lapping the F-40 maybe you can pick out what I need to change, maybe its my ride height?? or LSD settings?? I am @ 81/81, which seems to handle better than the 81/110, ride height.

Ferrari F40:

Ford SVT F=150 Lightening:

Toyota Tacoma X-Runner

I'll upload my replay of F40 the next time I'm on GT6 :) That way you can compare the run better :)

I also like to add that the current situation with camber and ride height makes the replica drives worse than it should, a working camber will adds grip than reducing it with current F40 replica, and ride height at lower front will give more rotation instead reducing it :) Now, when will PD fix these :grumpy:, when these are corrected, the F40 will drive much better with the replica setup.

RIDOX Replica Garage-TjaardaMustang-EspritBond-VetteC7R-LegacyS401-V16T-NSX-Spirra-R34PaulWalker

@Ridox2JZGTE You mind explaining the bolded part?

That'll be his more recent replicas. He's done the Tjaarda Mustang from Fast & Furious, James Bond's Lotus Esprit, the Corvette C7.R, a rallying Legacy wagon, a Cizeta V16T track setup, a Senna tribute NSX with IRL setup, a 500PP Spirra, and Paul Walker's R34 Skyline.

I'll upload my replay of F40 the next time I'm on GT6 :) That way you can compare the run better :)

I also like to add that the current situation with camber and ride height makes the replica drives worse than it should, a working camber will adds grip than reducing it with current F40 replica, and ride height at lower front will give more rotation instead reducing it :) Now, when will PD fix these :grumpy:, when these are corrected, the F40 will drive much better with the replica setup.

71796, member: 211395"]I'll upload my replay of F40 the next time I'm on GT6 :) That way you can compare the run better :)

I also like to add that the current situation with camber and ride height makes the replica drives worse than it should, a working camber will adds grip than reducing it with current F40 replica, and ride height at lower front will give more rotation instead reducing it :) Now, when will PD fix these :grumpy:, when these are corrected, the F40 will drive much better with the replica setup.[/quote]

Yeah. I was going to ask you about that. I though they fixed the camber issue that fix?

Camber is still broken, if it got fixed, the F40 would have more rear grip :D I'm still on 1.06 btw, I just did another run with US F40, 1:03.1xx on 1st lap :)

RIDOX Replica Garage-TjaardaMustang-EspritBond-VetteC7R-LegacyS401-V16T-NSX-Spirra-R34PaulWalker

@Ridox2JZGTE You mind explaining the bolded part?
That'll be his more recent replicas. He's done the Tjaarda Mustang from Fast & Furious, James Bond's Lotus Esprit, the Corvette C7.R, a rallying Legacy wagon, a Cizeta V16T track setup, a Senna tribute NSX with IRL setup, a 500PP Spirra, and Paul Walker's R34 Skyline.

Thanks Firehound, explained well :)

Last edited:
Ferrari F40 '92 ( Real World Setup version ) EU Market Version

Special Build Replica with Real World Setup Ferrari F40 '92 EU Market version

CAR : Ferrari F40 '92

Specs - No Power Upgrade

Horsepower: 471 HP / 478 PS at 7000 RPM
Torque: 425.2 ft-lb at 4000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1143 kg ( lowest dry weight )
Ballast : 31 kg
Ballast Position : -47 - Optional OLD : -32
Weight Distribution : 42 / 58 as in real life ( dry weight )
Performance Points: 542

NO CATS Specs Option 1 ( Isometric Exhaust Manifold + High RPM Range Turbo Kit )
Horsepower: 513 HP / 520 PS at 6800 RPM
Torque: 451.5 ft-lb at 4500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 98.4%
Performance Points: 554

NO CATS Specs Option 2 ( Isometric Exhaust Manifold + Intake Tuning )
Horsepower: 513 HP / 520 PS at 7000 RPM
Torque: 468.5 ft-lb at 4000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 98.9%
Performance Points: 556

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : Rosso Corsa

Tuning Parts Installed :
NO Cats replica power :
Optional High RPM Range Turbo Kit + Isometric Exhaust Manifold -- see notes for more details.
Optional Intake Tuning + Isometric Exhaust Manifold -- see notes for more details.

Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - Eibach ERS Springs with Street/Track Tuned Damper and Real World Alignment
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 101 101 - standard - Alternate Ride Height F/R : 63 56 ( lowest ), 115 115 ( high ) and 81 101 ( track lowered)
Spring Rate: 8.25 12.00 - Alternate High Speed Track Oriented Spring Rate F/R : 12.00 12.00
Dampers (Compression): 7 6
Dampers (Extension): 7 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 4
Camber Angle: 0.5 1.8
Toe Angle: 0.33 0.33

Suspension - Eibach ERS Springs based on stock F40 spring ratio with Street/Track Tuned Damper with
Real World Alignment and Ride Height based on Best Motoring Tsukuba Battle driven by Motoharu Kurosawa

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 81 81 - Best Motoring Battle
Spring Rate: 8.04 11.61 - Based on factory F40 spring rate ratio
Dampers (Compression): 7 7
Dampers (Extension): 7 6

Ferrari F40 US Edition Technical Manual Alignment Range :
Camber Angle : 1.10 1.0 ( Front Camber Range : -1.16 +/- -1.50, Rear Camber Range : -1.0 +/- -1.33 )
Toe Angle : 0.20 0.33 ( Front Toe In Range : 0.20 +/- 0.33, Rear Toe In Range : 0.33 +/- 0.46 )

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Corrected EU Market Ratio Gear Set and Final
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.000
Set Auto Max Speed to 220kmh / 137mph ( lowest )
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.692
2nd 2.296
3rd 1.636
4th 1.284
5th 1.022
Final Gear : 2.727
Optimum Shift Point : 7400-7700 RPM ( as in real life )

OPTIONAL GEAR RATIO - Auto Motorsport Feb '89
DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Corrected EU Market AUTO Motorsport Mag 1989 Review Version Ratio Gear Set and Final
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.000
Set Auto Max Speed to 310kmh / 193mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.769
2nd 1.722
3rd 1.227
4th 0.963
5th 0.767
Final Gear : 3.620
Optimum Shift Point : 7400-7700 RPM ( as in real life )

LSD -ZF Self Locking LSD with 60% Lock and Medium Preload - AUTO Motorsport Mag 1989 Review Version
Initial Torque : 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 36
Braking Sensitivity: 36

Alternate LSD Setup for looser handling :

Initial Torque : 27

or

Initial Torque : 20

OPTIONAL LSD SETUP F355 Spec :
LSD -ZF Self Locking LSD with 45% Lock and High Preload
Initial Torque : 40
Braking Sensitivity: 27

Initial Torque : 37

or

Initial Torque : 17

Brake Balance:
7/6 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/4, for ABS 1 7/6 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/6 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
Ferrari F40, the last great Ferrari IMO, no electronics aids, just pure man and machine :)

This car is one of my most favorite ride in GT5 and GT6, and it's well known for it's inaccuracy in terms of stats and stock setup.

I made this special replica build with the main goal of correcting the mistakes and make it handle more like a Ferrari, whatever that means :P

First of all, there are 2 region market for Ferrari F40, Europe and US. Both has distinctive setup from power, weight to gearing.

The EU market has much lighter dry weight and comes with lift kit/variable ride height suspension system from factory, with lower final gear and slightly different 2nd and 5th gear :)

This replica is a representation of EU F40 with lift kit, EIBACH ERS springs installed and lowest reported corner weight ( dry ).

The power of EU F40 from dyno reports with cat installed of 471HP / 478PS / 478CV with dry weight of 1143kg / 2520 lbs and 42/58 weight distribution.

Some EU F40 do not have cats installed, usually the early years model, these non Cats F40 has been reported to have in excess of 500HP, some even dynoed with close to 520PS or 513HP.

To achieve the power figure of non cats EU F40, I decided to include 2 optional upgrades path, one uses high rpm range turbo kit and exhaust manifold, the other intake tuning and exhaust manifold. The specs are listed above.

For suspension, I have used EIBACH ERS springs at 8.25kg/mm front and 12.0kg/mm rear, maintaining spring ratio for the stock F40 spring rate, as the stock value can't be achieved. Damper setup for street and track, with ARB set for balance. Toe and camber has been setup with real world alignment values, based on F355 alignment which from report share similar alignment with F40 - closest information I can get :)

An alternate spring rate at 12kg/mm front and rear also provided, this is more oriented for high speed cornering and sweepers.

The real Ferrari F40 has ZF Self Locking LSD, based from Auto Motorsport review specs, the rear LSD has 60% lock, I have tuned likewise, with medium preload. The previous replica LSD which uses specs from Ferrari F355 with 45% lock and high preload also listed as optional.

Transmission has also been fixed, with correct EU F40 ratios and final. I have also added optional gear ratio setup from Auto Motorsport Feb'89 review. Both perform the same and can be used. Top speed of real F40 in US record at 324kmh/201mph has also been replicated, furthermore, the rolling acceleration time and vehicle speed at 5th gear 1000rpm has been closely replicated - similar to the tested reports from the magazine.

Various test results from Auto Motorsport mag :

60kmh-100kmh in 4th gear rolling acceleration : 6.3s
80kmh-120kmh in 5th gear rolling acceleration : 8.5s
5th Gear speed at 1000 RPM : 43.5kmh

F40 speed on each gear at about 7400-7700rpm optimal shift point :
1st 90kmh
2nd 144kmh
3rd 201kmh
4th 255kmh
5th 321+kmh

Feel free to try it at SSR7 :)

The F40 was extensively tuned/tested at Ascari, Tsukuba, Spa, Bathurst, Nordschleife, SSR7, Apricot Hill, Brands Hatch GP and Willow Springs.

I also managed to replicate the real life lap time of F40 at Tsukuba, done on Best Motoring at 1:03.73. The car easily do 1:02s comfort soft - slightly quicker than the US F40, as it should :D

Another real life at Suzuka record 2:25.27 in real life can easily be replicated.

UPDATE : Thanks to @danbojte for the invaluable input, a setup combo from the replica USF40 tune used on wheel ( G27 ) :

Suspension
Ride Height: 81 101 - track lowered
Spring Rate: 12.00 12.00 - High Speed Track Oriented Spring Rate

Brake Balance : 6 / 4

LSD - Original Base Setup

Should work well for races

Real life vs GT6 Ride Height :

F/R 115mm / 115mm GT6 vs High Setting Lift Kit

View attachment 156919
View attachment 156928

F/R 101mm / 101mm GT6 vs Standard Lowered Setting Lift Kit

View attachment 156921
View attachment 156914

F/R 81mm / 101mm GT6 vs Track Lowered Setting Lift Kit

View attachment 156918
View attachment 156915

View attachment 156931
View attachment 156911

F/R 63mm / 56mm GT6 vs Dropped F40

View attachment 156906
View attachment 156910

UPDATE : Added LSD spec from Auto Motorsport Feb '89 review, and listed F355 LSD spec as optional.
Added optional gear ratio setup from Auto Motorsport Feb '89 review, works just as good as the original setup.

UPDATE 1.09 : Added Ferrari F40 US Edition Tech Manual Alignment Range, highly recommended to be used as a base to start.

Last edited:
Here is the replay of my recent run with US Ferrari F40, comfort soft, no aids 7/6 BB, using the same exact tune as posted - standard ride height 101/101, 40/27/27 LSD, stock turbo ( intake tuning used ). 1:02xxs lap at Tsukuba, offline test drive. There's more time to be gained, my best 1st sector was 14.7s and in this lap, the dunlop esses I lost a bit of time with slides and the last corner was not good, a few tenths lost there I think.

And, The Blackbird now at 460+PS Early Stage Wangan Midnight under final testing :

Ascari Full Track_31.jpg

Ascari Full Track_34.jpg

Attachments

• USF40Tsukuba1min2s.zip
    255 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Here is the replay of my recent run with US Ferrari F40, comfort soft, no aids 7/6 BB, using the same exact tune as posted - standard ride height 101/101, 40/27/27 LSD, stock turbo ( intake tuning used ). 1:02xxs lap at Tsukuba, offline test drive. There's more time to be gained, my best 1st sector was 14.7s and in this lap, the dunlop esses I lost a bit of time with slides and the last corner was not good, a few tenths lost there I think.

And, The Blackbird now at 460+PS Early Stage Wangan Midnight under final testing :

View attachment 158023

View attachment 158022

Sorry I tried but I can't view the zip you posted on that lap :(

Also now there is something really funky on the page sine trying to open it...can't post replies...weird... Have to send this message from my phone

ok...fixed....still weird though...but I still can't view your lap....can you post it on youtube then post the link here maybe??

Last edited:
Sorry I tried but I can't view the zip you posted on that lap :(

Also now there is something really funky on the page sine trying to open it...can't post replies...weird... Have to send this message from my phone

ok...fixed....still weird though...but I still can't view your lap....can you post it on youtube then post the link here maybe??

I don't have good enough recording device, my old phone is quite sucks when it comes to video :(

You need to unzip the file, it will be unzipped as a folder titled : BCJS37016-RPLY030, copy this folder to a USB flash drive, create a directory X:\PS3\SAVEDATA\BCJS37016-RPLY030, put the replay folder there - like this : X:\PS3\SAVEDATA\BCJS37016-RPLY030

Insert the USB drive onto the PS3, open PS3 Save Data Utility, copy the replay, it will be shown as GT6 replay 030. Now launch GT6, go to gallery, go to right tab, under filter, pick Load files - open list, it should appear there, and you can view it. Much better than a video recording on Youtube, you can also view in data logger and compare to your best lap for detailed overview :P

Camber is still broken, if it got fixed, the F40 would have more rear grip :D I'm still on 1.06 btw, I just did another run with US F40, 1:03.1xx on 1st lap :)

Thanks Firehound, explained well :)

Thats too bad, I am sure you've already seen the thread, however I just went through a hearty tread re negative camber and its effects, that it still hasn't been fixed, however the tuners (like yourself) have adapted and are using the camber more now to counter over-steer etc.

Then it dawned on me, you know with GT6 being up for what 6+ months now, and the thousands of tunes out there....when and if they do eventually fix it...virtually all those tunes will have to be reaccessed:banghead: I think its going to be bitter sweet sorta thing, on one hand you will be able to start tuning with real camber, on the other hand...all those tunes you've done will have to be reworked to some degree or another.

BTW I have bought that 911 in anticipation of the build....the 911 was also another childhood dream car :lol:

I don't have good enough recording device, my old phone is quite sucks when it comes to video :(

You need to unzip the file, it will be unzipped as a folder titled : BCJS37016-RPLY030, copy this folder to a USB flash drive, create a directory X:\PS3\SAVEDATA\BCJS37016-RPLY030, put the replay folder there - like this : X:\PS3\SAVEDATA\BCJS37016-RPLY030

Insert the USB drive onto the PS3, open PS3 Save Data Utility, copy the replay, it will be shown as GT6 replay 030. Now launch GT6, go to gallery, go to right tab, under filter, pick Load files - open list, it should appear there, and you can view it. Much better than a video recording on Youtube, you can also view in data logger and compare to your best lap for detailed overview :P

:eek: are you kidding me :scared: Me thinks you have too much confidence in my abilites with my computer to do all that my friend:nervous: You lost me at "unzip" lol

I just figured out how to record, post to YouTube, then to here lol

Missing 4 tunes to complete the Real Life section number so far:
48. ZERO Sports Subaru Impreza WRX Sti '01
49. ESPRIT Nissan Skyline BNR34 GT-R
50. AMS Alpha 9 GTR
51. Top Secret R34 GTR Time Attack
52. JUN Auto Super GTR R34
53. JUN Hyper Lemon Evo V
54. Eclipse RIDOX SUPRA ( Best Motoring Tuner Battle Royale )

:eek: are you kidding me :scared: Me thinks you have too much confidence in my abilites with my computer to do all that my friend:nervous: You lost me at "unzip" lol

I just figured out how to record, post to YouTube, then to here lol

Do you have winzip or winrar ? It's an application for compressing and uncompressing files. Maybe someone else who have access to good video recording can do it and upload it on youtube ? No need for HD video. Pretty please :embarrassed:

Missing 4 tunes to complete the Real Life section number so far:
48. ZERO Sports Subaru Impreza WRX Sti '01
49. ESPRIT Nissan Skyline BNR34 GT-R
50. AMS Alpha 9 GTR
51. Top Secret R34 GTR Time Attack
52. JUN Auto Super GTR R34
53. JUN Hyper Lemon Evo V
54. Eclipse RIDOX SUPRA ( Best Motoring Tuner Battle Royale )

I will do them eventually, just needs to finish some GT3 cars, then I will be finishing them and Wangan Midnight :)

Do you have winzip or winrar ? It's an application for compressing and uncompressing files. Maybe someone else who have access to good video recording can do it and upload it on youtube ? No need for HD video. Pretty please :embarrassed:

I will do them eventually, just needs to finish some GT3 cars, then I will be finishing them and Wangan Midnight :)

I must not, cause I tried to open or unzip, whatever and it would only give me the option to open in Windows media player...which of course,,,...did not work

Yes, pretty please from me too:cheers:

Yeah, I don't have one of those capture cards, so I have to use my phone, I know its not the best, but it gets the job done....for now...maybe one day I will be able to afford one, or maybe I will find one used for a decent price.

Ferrari F40 '92 ( Real World Setup version ) EU Market Version

Special Build Replica with Real World Setup Ferrari F40 '92 EU Market version

CAR : Ferrari F40 '92

Specs - No Power Upgrade

Horsepower: 471 HP / 478 PS at 7000 RPM
Torque: 425.2 ft-lb at 4000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Ballast Position : -32
Performance Points: 542

NO CATS Specs Option 1 ( Isometric Exhaust Manifold + High RPM Range Turbo Kit )
Horsepower: 513 HP / 520 PS at 6800 RPM
Torque: 451.5 ft-lb at 4500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 98.4%
Performance Points: 554

NO CATS Specs Option 2 ( Isometric Exhaust Manifold + Intake Tuning )
Horsepower: 513 HP / 520 PS at 7000 RPM
Torque: 468.5 ft-lb at 4000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 98.9%
Performance Points: 556

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : Rosso Corsa

Tuning Parts Installed :
NO Cats replica power :
Optional High RPM Range Turbo Kit + Isometric Exhaust Manifold -- see notes for more details.
Optional Intake Tuning + Isometric Exhaust Manifold -- see notes for more details.

Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - Eibach ERS Springs with Street/Track Tuned Damper and Real World Alignment
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 101 101 - standard - Alternate Ride Height F/R : 63 56 ( lowest ), 115 115 ( high ) and 81 101 ( track lowered)
Spring Rate: 8.25 12.00 - Alternate High Speed Track Oriented Spring Rate F/R : 12.00 12.00

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Corrected EU Market Ratio Gear Set and Final
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.000
Set Auto Max Speed to 220kmh / 137mph ( lowest )
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.692
2nd 2.296
3rd 1.636
4th 1.284
5th 1.022
Final Gear : 2.727
Optimum Shift Point : 7700 RPM ( as in real life )

LSD -ZF Self Locking LSD with 45% Lock and High Preload

Initial Torque : 37

or

Initial Torque : 17

Brake Balance:
7/6 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/4, for ABS 1 7/6 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/6 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
Ferrari F40, the last great Ferrari IMO, no electronics aids, just pure man and machine :)

This car is one of my most favorite ride in GT5 and GT6, and it's well known for it's inaccuracy in terms of stats and stock setup.

I made this special replica build with the main goal of correcting the mistakes and make it handle more like a Ferrari, whatever that means :P

First of all, there are 2 region market for Ferrari F40, Europe and US. Both has distinctive setup from power, weight to gearing.

The EU market has much lighter dry weight and comes with lift kit/variable ride height suspension system from factory, with lower final gear and slightly different 2nd and 5th gear :)

This replica is a representation of EU F40 with lift kit, EIBACH ERS springs installed and lowest reported corner weight ( dry ).

The power of EU F40 from dyno reports with cat installed of 471HP / 478PS / 478CV with dry weight of 1143kg / 2520 lbs and 42/58 weight distribution.

Some EU F40 do not have cats installed, usually the early years model, these non Cats F40 has been reported to have in excess of 500HP, some even dynoed with close to 520PS or 513HP.

To achieve the power figure of non cats EU F40, I decided to include 2 optional upgrades path, one uses high rpm range turbo kit and exhaust manifold, the other intake tuning and exhaust manifold. The specs are listed above.

For suspension, I have used EIBACH ERS springs at 8.25kg/mm front and 12.0kg/mm rear, maintaining spring ratio for the stock F40 spring rate, as the stock value can't be achieved. Damper setup for street and track, with ARB set for balance. Toe and camber has been setup with real world alignment values, based on F355 alignment which from report share similar alignment with F40 - closest information I can get :)

An alternate spring rate at 12kg/mm front and rear also provided, this is more oriented for high speed cornering and sweepers.

The real Ferrari F40 has ZF Self Locking LSD, the closest similar setup that I could find decent info from is also from Ferrari F355, so I used the F355 LSD spec for this build, 45% lock.

Transmission has also been fixed, with correct EU F40 ratios and final. Top speed of real F40 in US record at 324kmh/201mph has also been replicated.

The F40 was extensively tuned/tested at Ascari, Tsukuba, Spa, Bathurst, Nordschleife, SSR7, Apricot Hill, Brands Hatch GP and Willow Springs.

I also managed to replicate the real life lap time of F40 at Tsukuba, done on Best Motoring at 1:03.73. The car easily do 1:02s comfort soft - slightly quicker than the US F40, as it should :D

Another real life at Suzuka record 2:25.27 in real life can easily be replicated.

UPDATE : Thanks to @danbojte for the invaluable input, a setup combo from the replica USF40 tune used on wheel ( G27 ) :

Suspension
Ride Height: 81 101 - track lowered
Spring Rate: 12.00 12.00 - High Speed Track Oriented Spring Rate

Brake Balance : 6 / 4

LSD - Original Base Setup

Should work well for races

Real life vs GT6 Ride Height :

F/R 115mm / 115mm GT6 vs High Setting Lift Kit

View attachment 156919
View attachment 156928

F/R 101mm / 101mm GT6 vs Standard Lowered Setting Lift Kit

View attachment 156921
View attachment 156914

F/R 81mm / 101mm GT6 vs Track Lowered Setting Lift Kit

View attachment 156918
View attachment 156915

View attachment 156931
View attachment 156911

F/R 63mm / 56mm GT6 vs Dropped F40

View attachment 156906
View attachment 156910
ib|Supercar Festival|Std Settings|SM|Camber used|ABS 0 (5/3)|Winner|

It is better then the US version. 👍

ib|Supercar Festival|Std Settings|SM|Camber used|ABS 0 (5/3)|Winner|

It is better then the US version. 👍

I think I may have to revisit the US F40, will need to fine tune the weight ballast placement and the amount of it, will experiment with different weight reduction stage. This has been proven to be very influential in the past, even one tick of ballast location can alter car handling balance ( depend on the weight ).

@Nomad67

Here are the files ready to copy to a USB flashdrive:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gcxu9sf04z70mcl/AAAj73y0aAS0o_6LaZMobglVa

Just press "Download" button, Open and copy files to USB flash. 👍

Any doubt, please let me know...

Thanks for providing dropbox link :cheers:

@Nomad67

Here are the files ready to copy to a USB flashdrive:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gcxu9sf04z70mcl/AAAj73y0aAS0o_6LaZMobglVa

Just press "Download" button, Open and copy files to USB flash. 👍

Any doubt, please let me know...

Not that I don't appreciate the effort...but I don't have a flash drive. And when I tried to copy to my phone and laptop.... It want to open as zip....I refer to my earlier replies re zip files... Again thanks though it much appreciated.

Back