Round 01: 24 Hours of Daytona

• Thread starter AJ
  • 289 comments
Firstly I'd like to thank my team mates in the ORA Racing Team (@Brutaka, @CodDemon101, @SSJGZWarrior, @James Cooper, @Pedro Martins, @RodeRuner1967 and @1996mikey2412) for all their commitment and efforts leading upto now. We had all tried so hard and I am pretty devoed that we couldn't make the cut, quite close but will take what we've learnt away from this and use it to improve further. It would've been awesome to snab the chance to race and continue to be in the middle of the hype and for the first round of GTPES, until next time though! :)

I was shocked to see how many lobby dramas there were waking up to the end of QP4, all sessions including Willow Springs had panned out quite nicely. It's a shame but as it's been said in our virtual world of racing these are some of the things that get thrown into the works and cannot be helped. Rules are in place for these situations and was unfortunate for us to not be able to use our last precious time in QP4 to its fullest potential, sadly that's event over for us.

Congratulations to all who had squeezed through the tight competition in their respective classes to qualify for the Daytona 24H, my condolences to my fellow DNQ teams, the lead up was still awesomely fun and great to watch while not in the car, once again so much appreciation to the Organisers and Commentating Teams. I'll definitely be still watching as much of the race as I can, it will be a great challenge for all and I wish everybody involved the best of luck. Enjoy it :).

We will be looking forward positively towards the 6 Hours of Silverstone and Suzuka for the ORA Racing Team in LMP2, I guess preparation starts tomorrow! ;).

Last edited:
@AJ, I have just re read the sporting regs around start procedure and I have a couple of questions ( BTW, I am in the support race):

I take it the start grid is 2 wide? If so, is it odds to the left, evens to the right (to give P1 the inside line to the first corner)? Do we run the parade lap 2 wide or revert to single and form up near the end of the lap?

Can you please explain this rule:

6.1.e It is prohibited to use the Grid to complete a Lap.

Thanks in advance.

@AJ, I have just re read the sporting regs around start procedure and I have a couple of questions ( BTW, I am in the support race):

I take it the start grid is 2 wide? If so, is it odds to the left, evens to the right (to give P1 the inside line to the first corner)? Do we run the parade lap 2 wide or revert to single and form up near the end of the lap?

Can you please explain this rule:

6.1.e It is prohibited to use the Grid to complete a Lap.

Thanks in advance.
David, AJ is busier than a man with 9 jobs, I will address this in a PM :)

There are 4 sessions to qualify, there is more than one opportunity to set a laptime if you book your slots wisely. I like the setup as it is

Reaper Online Racing are delighted to have made the cut for the D24, unfortunate our top driver @rclark83 couldn't get a time on the board in QP4 to better our grid position due to DC's but thankfully myself and @rono_thomas had done enough.

Commiserations to all the teams that just missed the cut, i'm sure you guys are grinding for the next event already ;)

We look forward to the green light and some epic battles in the sunshine state next weekend! :gtpflag:

Daytona Road Course_5_v2_720.jpg

Avalerion Racing are happy to join the grid for the 24 Hours of Daytona. I would like to thank qualifying drivers @GTPGhost, @Friday_GTRP and myself. We couldn't have gotten on the front row without the great support from our other Daytona drivers @Animera and @Mini Stiggy. Then we've had a stellar effort from the Support Race team, qualifying driver @GTP_Dutchy drove to a solid 5th place. He will be joined by @skyline1683, who will take the start of the race in the number 33 Mazda.

Commiserations to ORA Racing, Russian Roulette Racing, Turismo Racing, Swift Autosport, WRS North America and Venator Racing. We would have love to see all of you on the grid, unfortunately there is no place for 18 teams :( Congrats to all the other qualified teams.

We are really looking forward to the kickoff of the Endurance Series, see you at the race, on the livestreams and good luck to all teams competing 👍

From all of us here at Bitter Rivals Racing, congrats to all the teams who have qualified for this weekends race, commiserations to those who unfortunate didn't quite make the cut, it was close!

As there is probably a few things that will need discussing this week I feel the top topic is going to be traffic management. From what I saw during the four qualifying sessions there seems to be a little impatience towards the GT3 class. I can understand some of it during qualifying but this shouldn't be excused during race time. I saw a lot of GT3 cars pushed off track on multiple occasions that resulted in pitstop's for both cars to fix damage.

Now the way I look at it is if you (LMP2 & GT500s) aren't clearly beside us going into a braking zone don't expect to be let past. We have just as much right to the racing line as you and at the end of the day you can cleanly pass us on straightaways etc. without the need to dive-bomb us into corners. 2 seconds lost on track is better than 40+ seconds due to damage & an avoidable contact penalty from AJ.

GT3 hasn't been the slower class before, and luckily a lot of us in this class have some experience with traffic in AJs races. So we know the consequence's of forcing passes and its not worth the risk. This also means that if I have to position my car so to keep you behind in a certain sector I will. Lets hope this doesn't happen often and we are all clean and can have some fun.

Best of luck to all, see on the starting grid.

From all of us here at Bitter Rivals Racing, congrats to all the teams who have qualified for this weekends race, commiserations to those who unfortunate didn't quite make the cut, it was close!

As there is probably a few things that will need discussing this week I feel the top topic is going to be traffic management. From what I saw during the four qualifying sessions there seems to be a little impatience towards the GT3 class. I can understand some of it during qualifying but this shouldn't be excused during race time. I saw a lot of GT3 cars pushed off track on multiple occasions that resulted in pitstop's for both cars to fix damage.

Now the way I look at it is if you (LMP2 & GT500s) aren't clearly beside us going into a braking zone don't expect to be let past. We have just as much right to the racing line as you and at the end of the day you can cleanly pass us on straightaways etc. without the need to dive-bomb us into corners. 2 seconds lost on track is better than 40+ seconds due to damage & an avoidable contact penalty from AJ.

GT3 hasn't been the slower class before, and luckily a lot of us in this class have some experience with traffic in AJs races. So we know the consequence's of forcing passes and its not worth the risk. This also means that if I have to position my car so to keep you behind in a certain sector I will. Lets hope this doesn't happen often and we are all clean and can have some fun.

Best of luck to all, see on the starting grid.
Well said 👍

Except that if you are shown a blue flag you have to make an effort to let the faster car past.
I'm driving a GT3 car this weekend at Daytona and I'm expecting to be shown the same courtesy that I'll show to others.

I am not driving this weekend as our car classes are not eligible, but having driven in previous GTP ES races (before they were official) the only time I got in trouble was when I moved off line to help a faster driver. The only time I have been hit is by a faster driver not being able to predict my projected path (I moved off line to "help" him). So be predictable...do not make an "Oh Sierra" move out of the way. The chances are you will end up with the faster car up your butt...followed by a long crawl to the pits. You Faster cars....the slower ones are...SLOWER... plan on it...they can not evaporate or vanish. Common courtesy and a little advance planning makes for a smooth pass that effects neither car. Have a good one guys and good luck to all from DART.

I am not driving this weekend as our car classes are not eligible, but having driven in previous GTP ES races (before they were official) the only time I got in trouble was when I moved off line to help a faster driver. The only time I have been hit is by a faster driver not being able to predict my projected path (I moved off line to "help" him). So be predictable...do not make an "Oh Sierra" move out of the way. The chances are you will end up with the faster car up your butt...followed by a long crawl to the pits. You Faster cars....the slower ones are...SLOWER... plan on it...they can not evaporate or vanish. Common courtesy and a little advance planning makes for a smooth pass that effects neither car. Have a good one guys and good luck to all from DART.

"Oh Sierra" hahahaha

I'm watching it and I notice that they're all running wide at turn 3, so I'm wondering if it will be the same for us?
I doubt it Ian lap times were being deleted in qualification for that exact same thing so I expect the same track limits to be upheld during the support and main race

Can anyone open a practice room in the club lobby? By can we I mean are we allowed or should we just stay within our teams lobby?

With the addition of Graded drivers to the Support Race, and their having new stint limits, and Bronze Drivers having a 100 minute stint length, I would like a confirmation that the old 35 minute stint limit is kaput and that two drivers may run any stint setup they want as long as none exceed their Driver Grading limitations.

With the addition of Graded drivers to the Support Race, and their having new stint limits, and Bronze Drivers having a 100 minute stint length, I would like a confirmation that the old 35 minute stint limit is kaput and that two drivers may run any stint setup they want as long as none exceed their Driver Grading limitations.

Good question, I had heard Famine say in QP2 the 65 minute pit limit did still apply, so clarification would be welcomed.

Entry List Publication

The Race Entry List for the Mighty Miatas Support Race is now available on the OP.

Good luck to all involved for tomorrow's D24, support racers, main event racers, organisers and commentators alike. I bet after all the preperation your all itching for it to begin, and for you "to do your thing", just as I am.

rono.

- Stint Limit (time between pit stops) is still 65m.
- Total Driving Time is 100m for BRONZE Drivers. (Support Race only).

Back