Rumors once, now confirmed (possible spoiler for next update)

I personally don't mind leaks that much but sometimes needs to tone down a bit. Last two updates were leaked because of a mistake in the Gran Turismo community website and now we got this leak because someone leaked it this time around.

PD has been lax in terms of NDA or what not. It's up to them whether they want to up their ante with NDA or not.

Anywho looking forward to seeing rain in GTS.

Someone literally stole PD's thunder.

yeeeaaaaaa.jpg

It's a betrayal of trust. People work hard on this game and they deserve to control over their own work. Imagine your own work, spending months, anticipating release, and then some random person leaks it. Not cool. And it's troubling to see people defend it.

It's a betrayal of trust. People work hard on this game and they deserve to control over their own work. Imagine your own work, spending months, anticipating release, and then some random person leaks it. Not cool. And it's troubling to see people defend it.

Yeah, trust between PD and whomever leaked it. Honestly, it's none of your business and has nothing to do with you.

Secondly, I don't feel bad for PD. They constantly leak stuff through their own mistakes, clearly secrecy is not that important to them. We literally discover leaks because PD will have new code running in the background at an event where media will be. I don't have enough tears to cry or enough Fs to give, every time they goof that up.

Besides, in service based games that intend to grow and build a community, there shouldn't be secrets. I consider this leak the cost of not sharing a public road map for your game.

One guy tweets that he’s pissed about it being leaked because he liked being one of the only ones who knew and there are 6 pages of posts varying from outrage about an (apparently non existent) NDA to don’t care, can’t wait or disappointment that it may or may not be wet/rain/dynamic.

Have PD actually said whether they care or not? No such thing as bad publicity.

Personally I don’t care either way. Knowing or not doesn’t change anything in the game.

VBR
No, I don't see any irony there. All I see is an unfounded assumption.

Exactly how am I making an unfounded "assumption"? You don't think this is going to make PD less trust worthy of giving out info like this to certain people? You don't think THIS leak was a breach of trust?

Last edited:
It's leaked so what? I don't get the overreaction of it. Game leaks are everywhere on the web.
Being normal doesn't always mean they're a good thing.
But no point continuing with this, different views and all. Water leaked and we might as well get a plumber racing suit for it:lol:

Exactly how am I making an unfounded "assumption"?

Err...by saying this;

...even if said violation makes it even less likely for the general public to get ANY info.

There's no evidence whatsoever that a minority leaking some unimportant info that was going to be revealed soon anyway would make PD less likely to release information in the future. So to assume that it could be possible is obviously an assumption. Things have been leaked before, fact, & PD hasn't stopped revealing things, also a fact.

You don't think this isn't going to make PD less trust worthy of giving out info like this to certain people? You don't think THIS leak was a breach of trust?

As I never even mentioned anything about trust in my original post, this point is irrelevant. That said, ignoring an NDA is obviously is a breach of trust, but as to whether it's going to make PD less trusting in the future; this is not something I'm going to make assumptions about.

VBR
There's no evidence whatsoever that a minority leaking some unimportant info that was going to be revealed soon anyway would make PD less likely to release information in the future. So to assume that it could be possible is obviously an assumption. Things have been leaked before, fact, & PD hasn't stopped revealing things, also a fact.

Except unlike previous leaks, this was not even at an actual public event (via pictures from people at said event) This was leaked from what was supposed to be private info before an event. Thats clearly different.

VBR
As I never even mentioned anything about trust in my original post, this point is irrelevant. That said, ignoring an NDA is obviously is a breach of trust, but as to whether it's going to make PD less trusting in the future; this is not something I'm going to make assumptions about.

Is PD's history not enough evidence to suspect this isn't exactly making them more willing to share?

I love the irony of the words pieces well together.

Rain 'leaked'. :D

And I hate you now because I can't unsee it.

Imagine encouraging leaking companies secrets and business-release plans because the company releases product "too slowly" or you just straight up dont like said product or even them.

Have PD actually said whether they care or not? No such thing as bad publicity.
Well of course the best for them is to shut up. Speak up to it, whatever the intentions, only confirms it further.

Imagine encouraging leaking companies secrets and business-release plans because the company releases product "too slowly" or you just straight up dont like said product or even them.

Well of course the best for them is to shut up. Speak up to it, whatever the intentions, only confirms it further.
Actually the best thing for them to do if they cared would be to firstly not tell anyone
If they were going to tell anyone, then get them to sign a confidentiality agreement.
Alternatively, pull the update, discrediting the leaker and discouraging others in the future.

I just don’t think they are losing any sleep over this.

As i've mentioned earlier: people can barely keep it clean in the dry. Adding a variable such as rain to the mix can only end one way. I'd rather see unlocked tuning, at least partial.

Actually the best thing for them to do if they cared would be to firstly not tell anyone
If they were going to tell anyone, then get them to sign a confidentiality agreement.
Alternatively, pull the update, discrediting the leaker and discouraging others in the future.

I just don’t think they are losing any sleep over this.
So to punish that one leaker, we have to suffer?

Great way to treat customers I guess.

So to punish that one leaker, we have to suffer?

Great way to treat customers I guess.
Not saying they should but the belief would then have be that the leak was untrue and the source unreliable.
As I said, I don’t care either way about leaked game info. When new stuff comes along then great. Knowing early makes no difference to me. Others will feel differently.

The point I was making was that there are many things PD could have done from a corporate position to prevent this but they chose not to and that I am astonished by the moral outrage being expressed on their behalf when there is no suggestion that they are particularly concerned.

In no way do I condone or condemn the leaker, but if PD were serious about keeping it quiet then they were naive at best for not going beyond saying please don’t tell anyone.

Yeah, trust between PD and whomever leaked it. Honestly, it's none of your business and has nothing to do with you.

Secondly, I don't feel bad for PD. They constantly leak stuff through their own mistakes, clearly secrecy is not that important to them. We literally discover leaks because PD will have new code running in the background at an event where media will be. I don't have enough tears to cry or enough Fs to give, every time they goof that up.

Besides, in service based games that intend to grow and build a community, there shouldn't be secrets. I consider this leak the cost of not sharing a public road map for your game.

I don't feel bad or mind any leaks that mistakenly come from the PD camp or anyone else associated with PD for that matter. Maybe if PD had better communication or any communication at all with it's fanbase then maybe people leaking information wouldn't be needed but as it stands now leaks are absolutely the only informational updates we get from this company so I don't feel bad for them at all and I say keep bringing on the leaks.

You don't think this is going to make PD less trust worthy of giving out info like this to certain people?
I think this is the issue . Why would pd give secret info to anyone that didn directly work for them ? And how many times did we see people that were givin this info post on here i know something the rest of you dont ?

As well as the rain, an additional street car is also coming to the live event remember.. Wonder what it will be :confused:

Well, if it's rain, it's got to be the Schwimmwagen...?

Also coming is an add-on to the music track list:

Wet Wet Wet greatest hits.
I Wish it would rain down.
Crowded house - Weather With You.
Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head

Etc etc.

I know I know, I'll grab my (rain)coat on the way out...

Exactly how am I making an unfounded "assumption"? You don't think this is going to make PD less trustworthy of giving out info like this to certain people? You don't think THIS leak was a breach of trust?

Breach of trust? It's a video game. Not nuclear codes.

This isn't a matter of National security.

Talk about over reaction.

Well, if it's rain, it's got to be the Schwimmwagen...?

Also coming is an add-on to the music track list:

Wet Wet Wet greatest hits.
I Wish it would rain down.
Crowded house - Weather With You.
Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head

Etc etc.

I know I know, I'll grab my (rain)coat on the way out...

You forgot:

Led Zeppelin - The Rain Song

Latest Posts

Back